Imi Statue

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, I stumbled across this card, and it makes me wonder:

does this include Equipment as well as general artifacts that sit aside, and if it does include Equipment, how does it work where creatures are concerned? 
why would your equipment be tapped to matter?

when you attack with a creature only it taps, none of its equipment or auras do.

players often tap the whole pile which is technically incorrect. 

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Oh, well that's what we've been doing. It's easier to tap it all instead of just the creature. So it refers only to Artifacts that are required to tap then?

Like Walking Atlas, or Azorius Signet
correct

some artifacts without tap abilities care if they are tapped or not Howling Mine 

also a tapped artifact creature can't attack 

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

It's not as powerful as I thought it was originally, but I may have a use for it still... Especially against artifact decks...
It's common practice to tap all cards attached to a creature when it itself taps, but this is purely for convenience in the tapping motion and doesn't actually happen within the rules of the game. Auras and equipment remain untapped even if the creature they're attached to is tapped. If they do get tapped for some reason (perhaps by Tangle Wire or a similar effect), there still shouldn't be any practical difference in how they act. 
Bro, do you even Autocard? Here's how!
Show
[c]Tarmogoyf[/c] = Tarmogoyf