Interesting games against skilled opponents

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Day after day I am playing 2014, I´m getting more and more desperated....

OFC everybody of us started to play DOTP and everybody made his nooby mistakes and OFC there are days when we still do something dumb ^^

BUT IMO 1 of 10 games is interesting, the rest is just getting angry because people don´t even watch their partners hand or try to communicate or at least use their brain!

What I want to say or know is, is there something like an open league for at least mid skilled players and above? If not, shouldn´t we do something?

I remember in Modern Warfare 2, there was a community which marked their "membership" with a green * next to their name. Well surelly there haven´t been pro player only or some at least ( :P ) but they knew that they have somebody in the team which comes from that community.

That sign can be made by anyone, sure and it doesn´t say "Playing with or against this player will give you an interesting game" but maybe you get my thinking.... My intention is, get skilled mates if you don´t got some friends online and also some skilled opps.

What do you guys think?            
You could even go as far as to add mana symbols into names through some means that I can never remember. steamcommunity.com/app/97330/discussions...

Robvalue: Copy target bug or glitch. You may choose a new card for the copy...

Will never buy games made by Arena Net again.

Will not buy Duel 2015 until 2HG reinstated.

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:
 I've removed content from this thread. 

Nice to know removing content is a company wide policy.
Ye OFC there is much to use, first point is, what can you do to get skilled player? I mean, what do you think? And, maybe is there something like that?
The people on this forum generally fall in that category. That is, the opposite of "people [who] don´t even watch their partners hand or try to communicate or at least use their brain".
I do wish ipad had 4HG support....

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Play a random booster draft over at MTG:Online, get crushed by all the tournament players (who make that you pay for the tiniest deckbuilding/playing mistake) and then be happy about Duels. Also with 60%+ creatures in every deck, their isnt much skill involved anyways. That's why a majority of people are leaving in the first two rounds - no way to come back. Either you get a good hand and play it down almost automatically or you don't. Noteable expectations (after the promos): Are Dimir and Black (played controlly) and FFA (if they dont gang up on you, because they are mates and you can't see that anymore before the game)

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Wonder what is your steam name...
Anyways, I get what you saying mate but its just a part of playing online with random guys.  

Not THAT would be a hell of a mode!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Woo, 8 players, start with like, 50 or 60 life... Insane.
Did three 2 headed last night with the cube. Then Emporer. Love big team/player games. And to the effect of what neo meant, yeah I really wish ipad supported 2hg. 

But I just found out there is no 2hg sealed on any platform, so now I'm reconsidering getting it on steam just for 2hg.

Probably wait to see what to the expansion does to the big 3. 
NimNams 2014 DoTP Invitational Sealed Tournament Champion - Undefeated... 'merica. eyePad GC tag: increasing aperture (formerly: uglywagon)

Woo, 8 players, start with like, 50 or 60 life... Insane.

LOL - like I said - I had never played it...forgot it was 2HG
Of course, since I posted that, i broke down, got it on Steam, and just played my first 2HG match...lots of fun...looking forward to playing more of that later...

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

I want 4-2HG FFA (Four Two-headed Giants Free For All)

The sheer insanity of that mode would be worth it.  
I want 4-2HG FFA (Four Two-headed Giants Free For All)

The sheer insanity of that mode would be worth it.  

No please.
Start drinking at the beginning of the game and be drunk three quarters of the way through and blacked out at the end game?

Tongue Out

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Sign In to post comments