Will you buy 2015 at launch if it's as poorly conceived as this version?

148 posts / 0 new
Last post
Note: Some hyperbole follows but very little....

Not to hate too much here these guys make a game and people buy it.... Good I guess. But the years have passed. I come to expect more from devs on their yearly sequels. I don't play COD but even THAT game is making some strides it seems from what the devs talk about and the patches they make to existing games. Magic however seems stuck in this rewarp mode which can't ever decide if it wants to go forward or backwards three steps and usually ends up in between somewhere. Literally, every special mode we have is broken or just poorly conceived. Sealed could have been something legitimately great. As it is the mode is barebones and fairly redundant because it is obvious they were thinking CASHGRAB before they thought, "Will this be enough card selection to play for a year?'

But none of that even matters when the main modes, 1v1 and 2HG, are good. They can supply people with enough fun for a year or so when all the decks are properly balanced and maintained. Well, what the hell is going on then? Even 2013 in all its OP glory/infamy was more fun than this game off the bat. In 1v1 it is no contest. 1v1 in 2014 is barely even playable. With all the promos in hand I am frankly bored to death of this game. I can barely make 4 games in a row without seeing the same decks over and over again and I play mostly 2HG. I will admit I still have fun in 2HG but 1v1 is all but dead to me in this game and I played last year against Gobbies plenty.

Don't get me wrong 2013 prepared me for this, and was hardly any better in this regard though the decks were better, but I had gotten that game with all the decks on a sale. I quickly ran up the leaderboard and had a great time before I realized that after long bouts with the game people were doing exactly what they are doing here: congregating to the OP decks game after game. Sure, you can make your own games and find decent partners but even so playing against noobs or lower tier decks isn't really all that much fun either. And that is still pretty hard to setup anyway. At some point you have to say to yourself 10 decks just isn't enough for a game like this. Why do I have to ban decks just to have fun in this game? Why do so many people quit games? Why are people seemingly not having as much fun as they should?

And if 10 decks is all we are going to get then you better well do your job and make sure they are balanced in both 2HG and 1v1 by actually playing your game. When you don't take the time to do this all you do is create more negativity around the game. Word of mouth falters. People start complaining endlessly about what is wrong rather that what is right. They did do some things right here. The top couple decks are a blast to play. Sealed is okay for what it is I guess though entirely random. The effects they added to cards are pretty cool but very few have them.

But the problem is the bottom decks are okay to terrible. Worse than 2013. This leaves very few options playing against people competitively online. I feel like I just paid 18 and some for 4-5 premade Magic decks at times. You can fault me for buying at launch but then again there are other things: The UI is weird, the effects for cards still barebones, the chat system is terrible, the matchmaking is meh, the decks seemingly are thrown together randomly by people who don't know what they are doing or don't care, and the game as a whole doesn't scream cohesive and well made to me.

The UI.... One more note here. There is about a foot of unused space, adding both sides and the ridiculous area reserved for overscan, on my damn TV yet the fonts are smaller? We don't need this much space for freaking overscan man. Doesn't make any sense. I know console development entails leaving some space on the screen but damn people you CAN use the board instead of clustering everything so close together. Also, the spaceship blue and yellow? IDK. 2013 looked better to me though I do like some of the details and accents on this version. It still feels incomplete. Like it was designed by people who are simply bereft of that last stage of taste or refinement. The chat is outright terrible. In the way, obtrusive, and everytime you click on the box it autos to all chat. NICE. That guy can take a hike.

My suggestion, just to make this game neat again, is to up the price to 20 and give us 20 friggin' decks at launch. This game can sell but what is the point with this 10 deck limit when you have absolutely no idea how to balance them correctly? Plenty of people on these forums make these guys getting paid look ridiculous. They should be ashamed of how bad they are at their own job in THIS regard. Honest. Comes a time when you need to man up or get the hell out of the business you are in when you are this incompetent. Sell me something better than this.

Hell, make it grand and I would pay 50 for it. This though? This half-assed monkey balancing is getting tiring. With no one to correct or patch anything I feel like all I am doing at launch is buying a premade game tossed together when people had time to come in on the weekends. Whatever. All I know is I don't trust the team that makes this game and I will not be buying another one of these until they are fully on sale on Steam. And I'll also probably be doing a deck fix for unlocks if available out of spite until they get their act together. HA. That last one wasn't necessary but it's true. No way I am paying for deck keys for something like this again and I sure as hell am not paying for sealed or wasting my time grinding these decks. Rant over.

Sry I don't read the whole thing but here's my 2 cents anyways.

With CoD I pay over 100 a year for the game plus DLC. I expect massive changes to happen every year. With the millinons of copies sold every year Activision is making a **** load of money and can afford top game designers.

I pay slightly more than 20 a year on DotP. With sales numbers in the hundred-thousands Stainless is making a few million a year. After paying fees and wages and giving WotC their cut I doubt they make a lot in profit. I don't really expect a drastically new experience with each new version. Some minor changes, yes. Different cards and different decks (which, to an extent, was only slightly delivered this time around)? Yes. Improvements to gameplay? Yes. But nothing major.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

I can agree with that but only partially. There aren't that many people working on this game. Activision is a poor example they are all that is wrong with the industry.

This game from what I can tell sells around 300k. That is plenty of money when in reality a lot of people spend 40 bucks, some spend only 20, and very few spend 10 or under. I don't expect a perfect game. But deck balancing when you only have 10 decks? It is VERY important to the longevity of your game. They don't seem to care. I will admit 2HG is better but damn does it get boring with only 10 decks. And 1v1 this year is horrid. Same with Sealed. With SIMPLE corrections these modes could have been great. It's not excusable. This game isn't given the proper love. COD is a milk franchise to be respected only by idiots who buy into it year after year. I'm starting to think I am one of those people with this franchise.

I guess the general idea is that we don't pay a whole lot with this so if they **** it up then that is okay. Umm, yeah and no thanks. Very poor excuse in totality.
Sry I don't read the whole thing but here's my 2 cents anyways. With CoD I pay over 100 a year for the game plus DLC. I expect massive changes to happen every year. With the millinons of copies sold every year Activision is making a **** load of money and can afford top game designers. I pay slightly more than 20 a year on DotP. With sales numbers in the hundred-thousands Stainless is making a few million a year. After paying fees and wages and giving WotC their cut I doubt they make a lot in profit. I don't really expect a drastically new experience with each new version. Some minor changes, yes. Different cards and different decks (which, to an extent, was only slightly delivered this time around)? Yes. Improvements to gameplay? Yes. But nothing major.

There's one thing missing. Production cost  and maintenance of CoD and servers and that of card game.
Yes I will be buying 2015 from day . For me personally I do not think this game is poorly conceived, it is just a different aspect of magic. If wizards added 1 good control deck with a few sweepers into the current meta it would be far too powerful against all the weenie decks. 

In 2014 a lot of the decks had 55-60 cards locked in place after a couple of days and we spent the rest of the year debating a few cards. This year there are multiple ways to set your deck up especially post promo and nowhere near as many auto exclude cards which has shown in the discussions.  
Yes I will be buying 2015 from day . For me personally I do not think this game is poorly conceived, it is just a different aspect of magic. If wizards added 1 good control deck with a few sweepers into the current meta it would be far too powerful against all the weenie decks. 

In 2014 a lot of the decks had 55-60 cards locked in place after a couple of days and we spent the rest of the year debating a few cards. This year there are multiple ways to set your deck up especially post promo and nowhere near as many auto exclude cards which has shown in the discussions.  

I totally agree.  
what stainless finally did right was allowing us to manually change the land count! 

But they've become more and more money grubing A** Holes!! 

I'd ppay $20 at the start if it meant I didn't have to spend 2 weeks playing campaign to unlock decks. that isn't fun!! I don't play magic(DoTP) for  solo play vs AI/encounters. I want to log in the game from day 1, deck manage, and then go online and start playing the game!!

I dislike that we have to pay $0.99  for a key, before it was a bit more. 

+ I'm getting tired of the basic sorry ass decks that wizards keeps building! hell we had to cry for 2 years+ on the forums to get them to finially add a b/u deck. which they reluctantly added, but it's been a mess! why can't they build competant decks?

What DoTP does is get new players into the game, and gives them a false set of rules and understanding of how magic plays. how to deck build. sure it has it's basic prencipals, but if a player starts by playing dotp and they try to go to fnm w/ a deck built from a starter pack, they'll get a bad taste in their mouth when they learn that they are going to lose almost every match! because they don't know how to properally build a deck! 

Also the game play is mostly creacture based, and magic paper is that is not always the case!
the lack of a good control deck either blue, black, or white/blue, or B/U in DoTP just means when ppl start playing paper magic they are going to have a very hard time understand how paper differs from DoTP quite so much!!

I just wish they'd make better decks, fix the bugs, and charge a proper amount for the game! 

This is not right really. Decks like Yeva, Gobs, Peacekeepers, and Pack had multiple ways to build and enjoy especially in 2HG and 1v1 the builds were different. I think this meta is more homogenous than ever with most decks. But that is all opinion anyway. My problem is the overall balance for years has been terrible. It was in 2013 and it is here not to mention the other years. I am sick and tired of getting a game that is simply and quite obviously NOT balance tested.

COD and all those other shooters get a BUNCH of patches. BF3 was getting major patches when people were leaving the game FFS. This game? Crickets. They simply throw decks together and yes some of them are fun but many of them are simply lacking and are not much fun to play competitively. With all the forums lit up with suggestions, and really good ones for Slivers and HS I might add, it is simply not fathomable that the people making this game cannot and will not do better. THEY DO THIS EVERY FREAKIN' YEAR FFS! They simply make blue and black mono uber and then seemingly throw in the rest with a spinning roulette wheel! It sucks man. I'm sorry but I am tired of it! Hire some people who can do this stuff competently... who can think abstractly and logically about how cards influence other cards and other decks. AND THEN MOST OF ALL PLAY YOUR OWN GAME!

It's not like this isn't a problem elsewhere. Teams like Naughty Dog, Halo teams, and other ones have also had massive problems. The idea seemingly being these people are not properly good enough at playing their own game to do it competently. Well, you need to really listen to your community then. Problem here is we have zero input and it's hard to say if we could ever have any in a card game. Which means.... they need to get better at what they do. Simple as that. Who now has faith in this team? These guys friggin' suck at balance. It's plain as day! 1v1 and Sealed are laughable! 2HG is better for sure but then we get back to my original problem... who the hell wants to play with only ten premade decks for months on end when at least 2 or 3 of them are lacking? Well, I can handle it and I WILL give the expansion a try but if that thing turns out like 2013 expansions, meaning ridiculously imbalanced, I will have an aneurysm.

I don't think any of the decks are poorly constructed (well, maybe Garruk's deck...), it's just that so many of the decks feel like they play the same, which is my biggest complaint so far. If they make the decks actually feel different from one another, I personally think it'd be a huge step in the right direction.
I don't think any of the decks are poorly constructed (well, maybe Garruk's deck...), it's just that so many of the decks feel like they play the same, which is my biggest complaint so far. If they make the decks actually feel different from one another, I personally think it'd be a huge step in the right direction.

Mind Maze is poorly constructed in the sense that some dude thought it would be a good idea to put x4 Lords and x4 Images in the same deck.
I agree with a lot of what the OP said. This franchise has been dragging around the same problems for years. While some decks were a bit overpowered, one thing the original DOTP got right was deck variety. When I played DOTP 2009 I never felt like I was just playing the same deck with different mana, which is what I've felt with pretty much all of the sequel decks. Aside from that all this nonsense about "Its an arcade game what do you expect?" is just plain stupid. I've bought quite a few arcade games and when something is wrong its generally fixed in a timely manner. I could name several cards in 2014 that just plain don't work right among other problems and I haven't even spent much time with this game. This game has been out for over a month and there is no hint of a fix for the numerous problems it has. Yes we'll probably get a patch when the expansion comes out (AKA when they want more money) but that isn't happening until September.

Sealed mode could have easily been fixed if it had about 100 more cards in the pool and was available in four player modes like FFA and 2HG from the get go. You would think the latter would be a give in, but for some reason they chose to make a limited mode even more limited.

I expect small problems at release for any game, but when the problems are kind of big and some are carried over from previous versions of the game, that's when I think a company is either incompetent or knowingly lazy.

"I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

Firewave is poorly conscucted.
Mask of Dimir is a joke to blue/black!! 
Guardians of light could be better! could be alot better. 
slivers should of at least had vigilance sliver if they are going to include white. and some better removal. and some hexproof/shrould. 
obviously as mentioned hunters strainth should of been better.

and chant is too powerful with 6-8 eldrazies..

If it has Sealed, definitely.
One thing I realise with each new version is... some people just like complaining more than actually playing the game and thats fine...different strokes for different folks. 

Just think if some people worried less about their ranking and actually played 'bottom tier' decks enough to finally sort them out... they'd probably be losing to those 'unbeatable' decks alot less....
No.

I might pick it up on sale down the road, maybe, but I wouldn't even think of touching it on launch unless they can prove to me they can learn from their mistakes and fix them.

I regret buying 2014. I should have seen the signs with the 10 boring deck lists, or the fact that you can only play Sealed twice. So, I'm learning from my mistake and staying away from the next version unless they can fix it.

I think the deck design is improving from year to year: decks are getting less reliant on luck and more interactive.

Just for the sake of example, compare Chant of the Mul Daya with the UG ramp deck we had in 2012: all of the big creatures you ramp into are completely vulnerable to removal, the opponent never has to face a Simic Sky Swallower on turn 4 knowing that nothing in his deck can save him; on the other hand, the ramp is much more consistent, the defenses against aggro decks are much stronger and the Oracle of Mul Daya allows you to manipulate your topdeck to further reduce the influence  of luck.

So the deck overall is much stronger, but always gives a fighting chance to the opponent even when the Eldrazi start walking the earth.

As for the aggro decks, I think their purpose is mostly to showcase the new control you have on lands, alllowing you to play with 21 land decks should you decide to build them that way. 

What I dont like is the large amount of bad or unplayable cards that some decks have received this year.

Deck balance and variety is very poor in 2014.

I *really* hope they will revise the decks with the expansion. The promos just don't cut it as the most powerful decks also got the most powerful promo cards.

If some decks get 2-4x of the same Uncommons/Rares that synergise well in the deck, how about sticking with this rule for the rest of the decks.

Firewave, Hunter's Strength and Masks of the Dimir each are a weird inconsistent mess of single copies of random cards compared to the frontrunners AG, MM, DW (and CoMD in 2HG). Enter the Dracomancer is very inconsistent in performance and its 4x Hellkite Hatchling is very weak when it should be the backbone of this deck like 4x Champion of the Parish and 4x Kor Spiritdancer are for their respective decks. And MM just takes this 4x Rare thing way too far with 4x Lord of the Unreal and 4x Phantasmal Image when it should only have 2x both to stay in line with the rest of the decks.
I'd ppay $20 at the start if it meant I didn't have to spend 2 weeks playing campaign to unlock decks. that isn't fun!! I don't play magic(DoTP) for  solo play vs AI/encounters. I want to log in the game from day 1, deck manage, and then go online and start playing the game!!

I dislike that we have to pay $0.99  for a key, before it was a bit more. 

Wait, this doesn't make sense. You say you'd pay $20 at the start if you don't have to unlock the decks, then complain about deck keys being $1.00 (0.99) each. A $10 game + 10 deck keys (at $1 each) is $20. You can already get what you want for the price that you want to pay, so what's the problem?
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp2013/ Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/ I am Blue/White
Of course I will buy it at launch. Why wouldn't I?  

Buy magic online if you want the full experience and complete control.  But I bet you will complain about playing that too.  I play both DoTP and Magic online.  I spend around the same amount of money on both each year, give or take a few bucks.

Only real problem with sealed in 2014 is black is a little overpowered compared to the other colors.  Other than that, it's a blast.

I wear glasses and I still don't see what the problems are with everyone complaining about the size of fonts for life and what not. 

Hey lets keep things civil. No need to call people idiots just because they like a game like CoD and have the disposable income to purchase it plus doc every year. Truth be told, I prefer the zombie survival maps and campaign over the Multiplayer.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Damn right I'll buy it at launch.

About the balance issue: Balance isn't easy. Some people want early aggro decks, done want late game control. In order to put both in, the balance will be skewed. The control will dominate 2HG for the most part and the aggro will dominate 1v1.

And of course every year is a rewrap. Comparing this to other games is a terrible idea. CoD can do what they like, throw zombies in, new ideas, made up technology, completely change all of the rules, hell, they could set the next CoD in space and it will still be acceptable.

This is MTG, an established game. The only new things they can really do is new decks, because they can't change the core rules or mechanics. It has to stick to the paper version of the game, anything else wouldn't be MTG.

Only thing they can do is add the features we don't yet have control of. Mainly, a mana pool.
Bobtheratkillr: DeadWalkers doesn't operate well as an aggro deck.
To be honest, if they dropped the promo idea and just packed those cards in with the original decks then there wouldn't of been any problems with this version IMO.

and IMO i think masks of the dimir is one of the most fun decks that DOTP has ever had. It's up there with ancient depths, mana mastery and Mindstorms for fun combos and suprise wins.  (MM and AD could turn the tables in heart beat) When we have all the unlocks the decks will shine more. If anything, they should of either toned down the aggro decks a bit, or made a U/B/R control-late game deck as well.

But, seems as 2013 was a very popular entry in the DOTP series i think stainless/wizards need to rethink their launch strategy. Going from ~25 decks to 10 decks, no matter how well built those 10 are, will always cause problems. You're losing more than double the card pool in diversity which makes the launch of a new dotp a little more bland than the late days of the previous version.

Maybe, the final deck pack in 2014 should be carried over into 2015 (plus 10 core decks) to give 13-15 decks on launch. One agro deck, One control and then one combo deck to give a boost to the game. It would also increase the sales of DLC for 2014 and 2015 (because people will buy the dlc for 2014/15 to increase the variety in the new game) It would also help reduce the fatigue felt while waiting for the new expansions to drop.     
2013 and 2009 had varied and fun decks that reflected the advantages of the five colors of mana, a wide range of strategies from mill to control to aggro, and just overall interesting decks (Exalted Darkness and Eons of Evil were some of the most awesomest ideas for MTG decks ever!)

2012 and 2014 were bleh aggro.  If the trend continues 2015 should be a game worth getting for $10.

Just so long as if 2015 is easy to mod like 2014 I'll be getting it though.
2013 and 2009 had varied and fun decks that reflected the advantages of the five colors of mana, a wide range of strategies from mill to control to aggro, and just overall interesting decks (Exalted Darkness and Eons of Evil were some of the most awesomest ideas for MTG decks ever!)

2012 and 2014 were bleh aggro.  If the trend continues 2015 should be a game worth getting for $10.

+++

I would even pay 10 bucks, if they let me play 2009 decks (with 40 unlocks, being able to adjust the decks/lands).

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

+++

I would even pay 10 bucks, if they let me play 2009 decks (with 40 unlocks, being able to adjust the decks/lands).

2009 decks were fun but they weren't exactly balanced.  You'd win with Relics of Doom or Ears of the Elves WAY more than with Hands of Flame or Teeth of the Predator (or that piece of crap Claws of Vengeance, anyone complaining about Enter the Dracomancer or Sliver Hives' inconsistancies NEEDS to play the worst deck in Duels of the Planeswalkers history: Ajani's 2009 Naya deck).

I'd love a remake of 2013 decks, since they're the most balanced and the most fun (well, if you take out Panoptic Mirror out of Crosswinds and go lighter on Mana Mastery's removal, maybe no Savage Twister or Lavalanche).
 A few things i have a problem with thats not deck related but design. For one when you get a stalled game which doesn't happen too often in this format via 1v1 but can happen. We the board is loaded with creatures and your opponent attacks with practically everything now i'm not a slow thinker but i found alot of times on a few occasions not even having enough time to block with all my creatures due to the short timer at that point. If you get tripped up too and accidently go and block a wrong creature and go to pull your blocker back and sorta lose control of the selector mainly cause your trying to hurry cause the timer aint stopping. I've lost a few times just due to this when the board gets cluttered which is my next complaint.

Now on 2hg when the board gets cluttered what i've previously said happens in 2hg its insane to select proper blocking when its cluttered so bad you cant see anything. and with 1v1 the enchantments can get a little clutter too. Now cmon wizards theres gotta be a better way to design the UI than this cause its pretty lame to have to zoom to see a card when your on a timer that you cant stop it gets a little retarded..  

Anyway thats my 2 cents thats not deck related.
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

In all serious, I will probably buy it at launch.  I own 2013 on two systems, and combined 2013 and 2014 have dominated my entire gaming hobby for the last three weeks.  I have so much fun with the games that unless it is going to be an Extremely Blatant ripoff i will probably get it.  I do not currently care about sealed play, but forcing you into microtransactions in a future release instead of just strongly suggesting them would probably cost them my money.

2 + 2 = fish

I'll buy it at launch and let you know how it is.
I'll buy it a lunch.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

For me it depends.  2014 has been pretty disappointing and boring on the whole, but I'm hoping they manage to show us with the expansion(s) that there are still interesting, balanced ideas going into this franchise.

Also to the comment a few pages back about unlock grinding: yeah, it's pretty lame.  2012 (maybe 2009 too, I never played it) was much better in this regard, by unlocking multiple copies of the same card in one go, I think it took an average of 10 games to get a deck fully unlocked as opposed to 30 - that was MUCH more reasonable and didn't feel like a grind. 

This new system (since 2013) is a blatant "piss players off so they buy unlock keys" mechanic.  This year was the worst offender though, since I actually don't mind too much grinding unlocks gradually by playing online - but the combination of keys available at launch + forced AI takeover was just the worst thing ever.

Yeah, chat box is a steaming pile of garbage too.  I'm not sure what -is- good about this version... I guess sealed was pretty fun for a week or two and I still enjoy playing Dimir in 2HG.  I'll probably not buy 2015 at launch, and get it a few weeks later if and only if people are saying it's actually good.
As somebody who just bought 2013 on a separate system and is now in the process of editing 21 decks, you guys need to go back to that game and look at all of the improvements made since last year.  Yes, some of the decks this year are not as good as we would like them, but "Celestial of Light" would love to be anywhere near as good as "Hunter's Strength" is. 

Also, please, go back and try to edit some decks.  You will immediately notice one improvement there.

Edit: Make that 3 or 4 improvements to the deck editor. 

2 + 2 = fish

The next improvement they need to make though is that exiting one deck sends you back to deck selection instead of the main menu....

2 + 2 = fish

I'll keep buying them.  2014 is a bit disappointing compared to 2013 but I'm still getting lots of entertainment out of it for $10.  

The next improvement they need to make though is that exiting one deck sends you back to deck selection instead of the main menu....

YES. I have no idea why it isn't there already.

This feature exists. It is called $.99 deck keys.
Oh, and for people who complain about mana pools and such, they already implemented that in last year's.  Cathedral of War in the exalted deck.

2 + 2 = fish

You are absolutely jacked up on bath salts if you think Hunter's Strength could handle Celestial Light. 
Oh, and for people who complain about mana pools and such, they already implemented that in last year's.  Cathedral of War in the exalted deck.

Yeah but they won't do something like "add one mana of any colour" or "add three black to your mana pool". They can do it because modders have already done it. Stainless should either hire those modders or stop being lazy and be more competent.

Yeah but they won't do something like "add one mana of any colour" or "add three black to your mana pool". They can do it because modders have already done it. Stainless should either hire those modders or stop being lazy and be more competent.

My point was just to say that some people are complaining that the game is currently unable of supporting a mana pool feature at all.

2 + 2 = fish

No.  2014 is a bad, biased, imbalanced format right now (and I'm fairly certain the expansion and deck packs won't fix much - the aggro decks in this game are so efficient and powerful that the only way to balance around them is to either flood the format with more efficient aggro decks that just butt heads all day or to mold it into a strict rock-paper-scissors environment that isn't much fun to win or lose in).  If the design team's sensibilities haven't improved in the next iteration, I won't be getting the game at launch and may sit it out altogether if other digital card games have drawn my attention enough to totally outclass it by then.

That being said, 2015 will probably be better than 2014 if the design team sticks to its flawed system of switching between their perceptions of balanced aggro- and control-oriented environments, as that should mean 2015 will be closer to 2013's focus on deck variety, and would probably naturally mean better balance.