This week is the season championship. This event is still open to all.
Byes will be awarded based on season standings, which can be found here
Those players in the top 8 based on season standings will get recieve two byes, those in 9th through 16th will recieve one bye.
The season champion will recieve an extra 5 tickets in credit at the sponsor.
Please note that this event is a bit late, so m14 is NOT YET LEGAL for this event, it will become legal at next week's event.
Pauper Classic Tuesdays Season 2
Pauper Classic Tuesdays is FREE to enter, open to all, playing Classic Pauper with the built-in filter. Newcomers are always welcome.
Registration is open on gatherling.com thoughtout the week before the event, closing promptly at 8pm EST on Tuesday. Matches start shortly after.
To preregister, log in to Gatherling and look for this event under the "PREREGISTER FOR EVENTS" section of the Player CP. Gatherling will immediately confirm for you if you are registered. Do not be late however, it closes promptly at 8. If you think you may be late, check the site early to see if registration is open. If you have any problems registering, please contact the host before the tournament begins.
In game, type "/join PCT" in any MTGO window. It will open up the Pauper Classic Tuesdays chatroom where you can see announcements and chat with other players.
Pauper Classic Tuesdays uses the built-in filter with no changes. If MTGO says your deck is Pauper legal, then it's Pauper Classic Tuesdays legal.
(See season schedule below for exceptions to the regular format or schedule.)
Top 4: The top 4 players receive gift certificates from MTGOTraders.com which may be used at your convenience. (In appreciation we encourage everyone to consider MTGOTraders whenever buying singles, and to put "Pauper Classic Tuesdays" in the shopping card field for "how did you hear about us?")
1st: 7 credits
2nd: 4 credits
3rd: 2 credits
4th: 2 credits
(Players in the top 4 must ensure the host has their email in order to receive their MTGOTraders gift certificate.)
5th - 8th: Players finishing 5-8 will be awarded cards from the host's supply (subject to availability).
Door prize: The host will award a door prize to a random participant who plays through all swiss rounds but didn't make the top 8 cut.
Donations for 5-8 and door prize are always appreciated, as is contributing to larger prize pools for Season Championships. Please PM your host if you have something you wish to contribute.
8-15 players: 3 rounds of Swiss with a top 4
17-23 players: 3 rounds of Swiss with a top 8
24-39 players: 4 rounds of Swiss with a top 8
40+ players: 5 rounds of Swiss with a top 8
(In the event of fewer than 8 participants, the host reserves the right to cancel the tournament. This hasn't happened yet.)
Additionally, Pauper Classic Tuesdays matches have the following rules:
- Pairings will be found on your Player Cp page on gatherling.com
- Tables are created in the Casual Play -> Anything Goes room. Either player in the pairing can make the table.
- Tables must be made using the Pauper filter, "best 2 out of 3", Watchable, and labeled "Pauper Classic Tuesdays Round #".
- If your opponent doesn't join your table, PM them after 2 minutes and PM the host after 5. A match loss is given after 10 minutes of no-show.
- The deck used for round 1 must be used for the entire tournament. Modifications will result in disqualification and banning.
- After each round, results must be submitted on your Player CP. If you look under Active Matches there will be a "Report Result" link for each active match. Similarly, if you wish to drop, please do so on your Player CP page.
- Chatting in the PCT channel is welcome except when the host is making announcements.
- All players are expected to post their decklist to Gatherling. Players who have not entered a deck list by the time the event starts will be dropped from the event.
- Bad sportsmanship or other rules violations may result in match loss, disqualification, suspension, or banning. Offense and punishment will be decided at the host's discretion. That said, we have a great group of people, and this almost never comes up.