Silly Makes a Card: Loneliness

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Loneliness
Instant
If target player controls exactly one creature, that player sacrifices that creature.
If I disappeared, would anybody even notice?

I'm bored. This was a random idea I came up with.
A little bit of courage is the real magic.
Nice! It feels more like a Sorcery, though, just because it's a sacrifice effect. Or you could reword it to say "Destroy target creature if it's the only creature that player controls."

PORTRAIT OF A PLANESWALKER – Coming October 13th, 2013

IMAGE(http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/385.gif)

Awww 

Very effect, indeed.

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com — A functioning forum

This card stabs at my soul.

I should get that contest done.
I really like the design here. It's simple, but captures the flavor of the card well.
"Hello, you have reached the Mafia. We are currently being apprehended by the police, but if you leave a message, we will get back to you, either from this phone at our leisure, or our one phone call from prison. Remember, your call is important to us." http://community.wizards.com/paranoia Join my Promotional mafia game here. "I stepped out, I did not step down."
AIM Mishaps...
[18:52] Zprflesh: hey sexy [18:52] johnycomboplayer: ... ^I am still weirded out by this... [10:45] Dr. Demento: ahhh... [10:45] Dr. Demento: CRAP [10:45] Dr. Demento: PK HAS THE HOTS FOR ME! [20:45] averysillyman: no [20:45] averysillyman: I'm not insulting you [20:46] averysillyman: I looooooooooove you [19:13] PariahKing88: ruuuun [19:13] PariahKing88: before its tool ate [19:14] johnycomboplayer: What did its tool eat? [19:17] PariahKing88: souls
L2 Judge (And still completely clueless)
Hey guys, every spell that forces another player to sacrifice a creature does exactly the same thing, except spells that do that aren't 100% useless when your opponent controls multiple creatures.. It's definitely much less appealing when you're actually reading: "Diabolic Edict - but you're not allowed to play the card as long as your opponent controls multiple creatures." Although it's a flavorful effect, it's really better off as one mode of the many cards like Diabolic Edict! :/
Nice! It feels more like a Sorcery, though, just because it's a sacrifice effect.

??

The two most recent expansions each have an instant-speed forced-sacrifice spell.  It's very much an acceptably (if not preferably) instant-speed spell effect - both when Diabolic Edict was printed, and today.

Far // Away
Devour Flesh 

I really like the design here. It's simple, but captures the flavor of the card well.

woah

hi Johnny

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Huh, I had just designed a card that takes the same themes and turn them around.

Silent Voices
Sorcery
Target player sacrifices a creature, then if he or she controls no creatures, discard a card.
Querrin hated chatter, he hated it so much he killed his sister one night for some quiet. Two weeks later he killed his mother, then his neighbor, then the constable. It was only after stacking the bodies in the cellar that Querrin got his first good night's rest in years, but the next day the voices were back, as loud as ever, "Kill."
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Huh, I had just designed a card that takes the same themes and turn them around.

Silent Voices
Sorcery
Target player sacrifices a creature, then if he or she controls no creatures, discard a card.
Querrin hated chatter, he hated it so much he killed his sister one night for some quiet. Two weeks later he killed his mother, then his neighbor, then the constable. It was only after stacking the bodies in the cellar that Querrin got his first good night's rest in years, but the next day the voices were back, as loud as ever, "Kill."

Except instead of making it weaker by chopping the cost, you made it better.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I really like the Doctor's flavour text.

Silly, your flavour text sounds like a cry for help. I would totally notice.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.

Silent Voices
Sorcery

I'm not sure I understand the comment.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
I like Silly's more as a sorcery. The slower timing feels more like "fading away", which fits better to me.

Oh, hey, or a Creature -- Incarnation. "Whenever a player controls exactly one creature, he or she sacrifices that creature" should work wording-wise (thanks, Emperor Crocodile!). But then again I tend to think most things would work well as Incarnations.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Silent Voices
Sorcery

yours is strictly better than cruel edict

not if the opponent flashes in a creature

Silent Voices
Sorcery

Hrm, I could see how the wording seems ambiguous, but it says "discard a card" not "discards a card", the idea being that if you cast it when you opponent has one creature (The optimal time for edicts), then you end up discarding the card.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
discard a card sounds like an alternative cost

force of will

Silent Voices
Sorcery

Hrm, I could see how the wording seems ambiguous, but it says "discard a card" not "discards a card", the idea being that if you cast it when you opponent has one creature (The optimal time for edicts), then you end up discarding the card.

the wording's not ambiguous, I just can't read.

I think that the wording would be clearer if it said, "Target player sacrifices a creature. Then, if that player controls no creatures, discard a card." Slightly longer, but making it two sentences clearly seperates the two effects.

the wording's not ambiguous, I just can't read.

I'd say it's sort of misleading. It works against expectations.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

You're singing my song bro.

Just make the "you" explicit.

Target player sacrifices a creature; then if he or she controls no creatures, you discard a card.

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com — A functioning forum

Maybe

Silent Voices 
Sorcery
Target player sacrifices a creature. Then, if that player controls no creatures, you discard a card.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Maybe

Silent Voices 
Sorcery
Target player sacrifices a creature. Then, if that player controls no creatures, dicards a card.

that wording is probably more ambiguous, since I don't know what "dicards" means. EU's suggestion is probably best, though. just say "you discard" and there's no possible ambiguity.

I think the game would run fine with default assumptions

that the action pertains to the player unless otherwise state

create a 2/2 bear token = create a 2/2 bear under your control
Maybe

Silent Voices 
Sorcery
Target player sacrifices a creature. Then, if that player controls no creatures, dicards a card.

that wording is probably more ambiguous, since I don't know what "dicards" means. EU's suggestion is probably best, though. just say "you discard" and there's no possible ambiguity.

Whoops, yeah, I meant to use his suggestion, but typos, so many typos.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Sign In to post comments