Formerly Devilwusters Tuesday Night Throwdown (for Steam)

277 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fun times. And I finally picked a rule tht didn't cause the game to last for 45+ minutes. W00T!

Yes but since the first one took an hour and a half I don't think it counts.

In all seriousness I actually liked the lifepoint rule. It's just the sort of thing you have to pick decks for. Random can just kill it like it did then.

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

Fun times. And I finally picked a rule tht didn't cause the game to last for 45+ minutes. W00T!

Yes but since the first one took an hour and a half I don't think it counts.

In all seriousness I actually liked the lifepoint rule. It's just the sort of thing you have to pick decks for. Random can just kill it like it did then.

I agree, it was a good rule.  Would probably be a lot of fun with something like FW.  Really if it wasn't for a mass army via Primeval Bounty it probably would have ended much sooner.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

Ok i suppose it's better late than never..You can count me in for Saturdays....I work Tuesday nights

i'm blindedbynoise on steam. 

Ok i suppose it's better late than never..You can count me in for Saturdays....I work Tuesday nights

i'm blindedbynoise on steam. 

I've sent you a invite for the group. If you don't get it give us a shout and I'll send you another one. Welcome aboard.

Hey y'all. It's that time of the week again! For a change of pace I'll be hanging around from about 18:00 (EST) if anyone want to get a few games in a little earlier than normal. If not see you at 20:00!

I'm at least 80% for tonight.

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Do I even need to post anything?  Lol.  I'm in!

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

I'm willing to join an early run with you Garren.  Or a late run.  Or both.  Anyone should just ninja invite me at any time.  I will say yes.
I may or may not be available tonight, but I'll only know it by the time the thing will start. It's like the Schrödinger's cat, but with Magic cards and other human beings. Weird.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

I'm in and around...most likely wont make it a late night...but I'm good for a few...

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Coming this Tuesday TUESDAY TUESDAY! Its the FFA event of the summer - of DEATH! Four men enter, one man leaves! Fantastic* Prizes* await the victor! For the losers; humiliation and obscurity. Get yourself down to the arena and take on the greatest duelists in the WORLD! All this and more this Tuesday TUESDAY TUESDAY!

*Fantastic-ness of Prizes not guaranteed
*Exsistance of Prizes not guaranteed

Coming this Tuesday TUESDAY TUESDAY! Its the FFA event of the summer - of DEATH! Four men enter, one man leaves! Fantastic* Prizes* await the victor! For the losers; humiliation and obscurity. Get yourself down to the arena and take on the greatest duelists in the WORLD! All this and more this Tuesday TUESDAY TUESDAY!

*Fantastic-ness of Prizes not guaranteed
*Exsistance of Prizes not guaranteed

YA!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!  IM PSYCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in!  Looking forward to it!  And...I'm alot better rested this time, so...hopefully...I'll be able to remember (and follow) the rules!

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Count me in for today!

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

I would like to play if there's a place. I wanna try these 4PFFA thinga-ma-jiggies.
I should be able to play a bit tonight. Probably not until 19:00 EDT though.
Man why you all got to be so enthusiastic about this? That makes six heads already. Hmm. I'm going to hit up a few other group members and see if I can't get two lobbies worth of bodies.

If I can't well I'll bow out (I'm kinda tired cause everyone at work is a cantankerous wastrel) and leave you guys to argue who gets what seats! Shirking responsibilities is fun!

I'll be around some time tonight, probably after about 20:00 eastern.  We may have enough to get 2 sets going, so if anyone is looking for someone hit me up the moment I'm on Steam.
Well that makes seven and I'm pretty sure I've got an eighth (just need to confirm when he gets online). Assuming everyone turns up *shakes fist angrily*

Im not a fan of FFA, but lets try it.
Well that makes seven and I'm pretty sure I've got an eighth (just need to confirm when he gets online). Assuming everyone turns up *shakes fist angrily*

I'm looking more like 8:30 eastern (6:30 for me) by the time I get something to eat.  But I'll be here.
Im not a fan of FFA, but lets try it.

Whats your Steam username True Believer?

I'm here, and ready whenever.

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Good Games tonight lads. We all almost nearly remember the rules most of the time! Huzzah!

Hey Fel apparently my wailing on you in 1v1 afterwards pushed me up the ranks by some 8000 places. You didn't move. We should do that again some time. Freaking leaderboards, how do they work?

Good Games tonight lads. We all almost nearly remember the rules most of the time! Huzzah!

Hey Fel apparently my wailing on you in 1v1 afterwards pushed me up the ranks by some 8000 places. You didn't move. We should do that again some time. Freaking leaderboards, how do they work?

That's funny, since you went like 1 million-3 over me.

It was only 11-3. Don't be so dramatic . On the upside it's now apparent that the top players on the leaderboards can play 60-Land Decks and still never actually drop a rank. Now if only anyone actually cared about the boards...

It was only 11-3. Don't be so dramatic . On the upside it's now apparent that the top players on the leaderboards can play 60-Land Decks and still never actually drop a rank. Now if only anyone actually cared about the boards...

It sure felt like 1 million-3

EDIT: I just took a look at the leaderboards and have to say I thought you were kidding when you said you improved around 8000 places, but it's actually very believable.

EDIT: I just took a look at the leaderboards and have to say I thought you were kidding when you said you improved around 8000 places, but it's actually very believable.

See! I'm not just crazy! The leaderboards make no freaking sense. I kinda get that you get more points for beating people of higher rank than you but you can lose 11 games in a row and not take a hit? Do you just not lose points when playing someone below your rank? There needs to be some kind of in depth study of this is swear. The functionality of the leaderboards should not be this great arcane mystery.

See! I'm not just crazy! The leaderboards make no freaking sense. I kinda get that you get more points for beating people of higher rank than you but you can lose 11 games in a row and not take a hit? Do you just not lose points when playing someone below your rank? There needs to be some kind of in depth study of this is swear. The functionality of the leaderboards should not be this great arcane mystery.

Well, I'm pretty happy I didn't take a hit

As much as I'd like to participate, dinner time always gets in the way and after that it's usually a little bit late to start another game.

I'll promise to try (to remember the rules) again for next week...maybe this time, I'll stay sober...that will have to help...

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

I'll promise to try (to remember the rules) again for next week...maybe this time, I'll stay sober...that will have to help...

Ah don't feel so bad. I'm sober nine times out of ten and I still forget what the rules are. Even if I'm the one that made them up. Even if only 20 seconds have passed since I declared the rule...

What no one updates this thing when I'm not here? Just a heads up guys I'm not going to be on tonight on account of having not slept in three days and will probably be unconcious within an hour. Sorry for the short notice. You lot have fun ya hear? Laters!

get some rest!
If this is happening tonight....I'm in...should be ready by 8...8:15 at the latest.  

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Normally I'd be all about it, but tonight my Cincinnati Bengals play their 2nd Pre-Season game and it will be about 10:00 or 10:30 by the time it is over and I will be off to bed.  Have fun tonight, I will be here Tuesday for sure!  Got a rule I wanna try out too!

Watch out for the Rams this year buddy!
....he says every year....

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

You are both wrong...way the eagles aren't the worse team...not even close....go birds! 

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Pfft, Rams and Eagles don't stand a chance against the red hot Bengals!  Damn I am pumped about some football!!! Looking forward to some Fantasy Football too!

In a time long past, a darkness came again into the Planeswalker franchise. This darkness became known as Mastergear_Owen and his flawless dueling was without equal in TCGs.

In two months he had reduced the leaderboards to carrion and ash, until the Duels of the Planeswalkers subforum alone defied him. Duelists gathered there and a desperate battle was joined against the Mastergear.

Heroes were born in the fires and bloodshed of the duels which followed and there names and deeds will never be forgotten.

TL;DR - It's Tuesday. Come get some!

In a time long past, a darkness came again into the Planeswalker franchise. This darkness became known as Mastergear_Owen and his flawless dueling was without equal in TCGs.

In two months he had reduced the leaderboards to carrion and ash, until the Duels of the Planeswalkers subforum alone defied him. Duelists gathered there and a desperate battle was joined against the Mastergear.

Heroes were born in the fires and bloodshed of the duels which followed and there names and deeds will never be forgotten.

TL;DR - It's Tuesday. Come get some!

*gathers armies to defeat the darkness*  Only 1 rule tonight boys, defeat Garren at all costs!  CHARGE!!!!