Formerly Devilwusters Tuesday Night Throwdown (for Steam)

277 posts / 0 new
Last post
If the group is the one in your sig...I'm in - if not...I'm new to the steam thing (just gothat two days ago...mainly an ipad player). 
I assume my mic will work...and, I'm already 4 drinks into the night (just to get through dinner with the kids tonight)

looking forward to it. So far, my steam experience has been rather bleak...hope to change that tonight! 

You're going to love it.
I'll be getting back soon. Either a patch takes care of the problem or I buy a new video card.
The only 1gig cards I found on craigslist the other day are pci express and I'm old fashion pci... although there are adaptors.

Have fun and report the madness.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Hmm. Having some trouble finding you on Steam Neosilk. Any chance you can find me? I'm 'Garren_Windspear' (should be the only result in the search). If you can send me a friend request and I'll take it from there.

Edit: Easier way. I'm in the tournament group in Minddrifters sig. Easier to find that way.

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

Found you. Sent 

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

All set now. Just gotta get the kids in bed, and I'll jump online. 

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Okay done and done. I'll set up a lobby and send you an invite about 8-ish. Welcome to the group!

I am down for this but how do people know who is making the match again? Is it just you up there or others or what?
I am down for this but how do people know who is making the match again? Is it just you up there or others or what?

Group chat in the group usually decides who will host. If there are more than 4 players that want to play the chat is a good way to figure out who will host lobbies.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

To expand on what Devil said we pretty much operate on a 'first come - first in' system as far as the lobby goes (which is why this thing gets bumped some 8 hours before the game begins). Hosting is generally just done by whoever wants/volunteers to do it. If we get more than 4 people turning up we'll jump into a group chat box and try to work something out (setting up two 3v3 lobbies, someone sitting out the first few rounds for another who will be leaving early, something like that).

For the most part I end up sending out invites/hosting only because I am almost guaranteed to be available and am willing to chase others up to get their butts in gear.

Yo dawg I'm down lol steam username fullzangetsu
Well plenty of players in 4 player where is anybody from forums?
Whats your Steam name OrbitingCow?

secret

im in game tho i can look for you or give you one

also you guys using mics

chat is pretty boring in this game in 4 player atm

secret

im in game tho i can look for you or give you one

also you guys using mics

chat is pretty boring in this game in 4 player atm

Going to be pretty hard to add you to the TNT Steam group if I don't know your user name. And yeah most of us use microphones.

Added you bud. Let's get a couple games going if you are not already.
Hmmm. Lot of blood (both new and old) showing interest in this thing. I've made a few changes to the initial post for the sake of clarity and organization so give it a once over when you get a chance. Short version is we'll be using the TNT chat room to organize things before hand.

Oh and good games tonight people. Even if I really shouldn't have stayed up that late.

I know that I had a blast, and, I look forward to doing it again

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

I'm definitely interested in participating in this next week.  I would like an invite to the TNT chat group, my steam name is amo1337.  Not sure who sends the invites though.  I look forward to it!
I'm definitely interested in participating in this next week.  I would like an invite to the TNT chat group, my steam name is amo1337.  Not sure who sends the invites though.  I look forward to it!

I've sent out a group invite to you. If you don't get it just give us a shout and I'll send you another. Welcome to the group.

I know that I had a blast, and, I look forward to doing it again

I had a good time as usual, but I'm mostly there to just goof off and attack people at random (mostly Garren of course since he has a strange obsession with knocking me out iof the game first if he can manage it). Besides, I like to target myself with sleep and target the wrong creatures of my opponents. It's all in the game (when I am playing that is).

I had a good time as usual, but I'm mostly there to just goof off and attack people at random (mostly Garren of course since he has a strange obsession with knocking me out iof the game first if he can manage it). Besides, I like to target myself with sleep and target the wrong creatures of my opponents. It's all in the game (when I am playing that is).

In all fairness I will happily attack anyone who has their guard down without a seconds hesitation. You just seem to always have an open field by the time my turn rolls around.

Besides, I like to target myself with sleep

That was pretty funny!

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

In all fairness I will happily attack anyone who has their guard down without a seconds hesitation. You just seem to always have an open field by the time my turn rolls around.

The path to recovery starts with admitting you have a problem! Besides, too much talk of reprisals and all that. I guess maybe next week I'll actually try to be competitive. No promises though.

If there is a Saturday version of this tonight, I'm in...but likely as second shift, as I don't expect to be able to play until close to 10 est. 

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Well It's Satruday again and that means more FFA fun. Let's try to form an orderly line to the lobbies and try not to kill one another. Except when dueling I guess. Kind of the point then.

Count me in!

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

If you find yourselves in need of a 4th at any time in the next few hours - I'll take it!  Just getting on now

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Just heard about this, I'm interested, don't know if you guys are still at it, but if you could add me that'd be great!

Steam ID is Bobtheratkillr
Just heard about this, I'm interested, don't know if you guys are still at it, but if you could add me that'd be great!

Steam ID is Bobtheratkillr

I've sent you an invite for the group. Welcome to TNT.

Hmm. So this thing has been getting a little more attention than I thought it would be getting. That's good but it's getting to the point that we're getting a few players who are basically sat on hold waiting for a seat to free up and that's no good. Especially sinse I know a few core players who will be available 20:00 to 23:00-24:00 both days like clockwork. So in the interests of those players who never seem to get a chance to play I'm going to toss out a few ideas and see if any of them can help this situation. Fee free to jump in with your own.

1) Early Starters: So I know at least one guy who is *way* ahead of EST and as such to have to play he's looking at being up until like 6-7am. Easiest solution would be to have like a sub-group who start some 2-3 hours ahead of the main to ensure they get some decent games in and will still be able to, ya know, actually sleep. I know I'm available for about 17:00-18:00 EST on Saturdays and would be willing to do this. Anyone else available at this time and interested in getting in some more games?

2) Late Starters: As above but the start time would be looking at about 24:00 onwards. Not sure how many people would be up for this one but depending where in the world you are it might be your thing. I'd still be around on Saturdays so I know at least one guy would be availabe. Either way worth throwing out there.

Also a quick summary of our final game of the night;

STAINLESS!

That's priceless Garren.
Had no takers on Saturday Night Imbibtational. Aaron and I ended up playing some 2hg.
I need this video issue fixed, damnit!

Show

That's priceless Garren.
Had no takers on Saturday Night Imbibtational. Aaron and I ended up playing some 2hg.

The worst part is I did it to myself. I wondered if the bug was still around and purposely triggered it. Cost me the match since I couldn't block Seraph's dudes (it was attack to the right).

That's priceless Garren.

The worst part is I did it to myself. I wondered if the bug was still around and purposely triggered it. Cost me the match since I couldn't block Seraph's dudes (it was attack to the right).

LOL.  It's hilarious: "Hey guys, what's attacking me?"  "How many lands do I have?"  "Hey, did something just happen?" "What did I just cast from my hand?" ;P

Edit:  Oh, and I think your time ideas sound like a decent idea.  I don't think many people are up for much later outside some situational cases, so that might be a hard slot to fill.  I always kinda wanted to start earlier myself but devil said it wasn't good for him getting home from work and all...but he isn't here due to technical difficulties.  If there is a set time in advance, I can be there (at least currently for the next few weeks anyhow).

I say have a couple of times set up (say like 5pm EDT and 8pm EDT) and have people join the chat room and when 4 ppl show up start a FFA.  If we need to make additional times that works too.  So far it seems like a bunch of people say they wanna join but never show up.  Usually I notice if someone is left out is 1-2 people and not enough for another group anyhow.  If people actually show up this could change.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Unless something crazy happens, I'll be in for Tuesday around 8 EST.  

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Bump for Great Justice. If your available tonight sound off.

I'm around!  I'll be on steam by 8est

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Here here.

pre game bump

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

So hey I had a quick look at my deck editor afterwards! Turns out I didn't put any Forests back in my deck when I was done messing around with Boros Slivers! Hahaha what fun!

Good games guys.

Fun times. And I finally picked a rule tht didn't cause the game to last for 45+ minutes. W00T!

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Sign In to post comments