Formerly Devilwusters Tuesday Night Throwdown (for Steam)

277 posts / 0 new
Last post

Well it's a new year and a new version of Duels is available to us! Welcome to MTG 2014! So now its time to learn how Duels should be played; in 4-player FFA and also when drunk (if thats your thing)!

To help facilitate this I would like to welcome any challengers to Tuesday Night Throwdown! A chance to meet new duelists and beat them into submission!

Now for the gritty details;

• We usually meet around 20:00 (EST) on Tuesday and Saturday nights and play for as long as we can keep the numbers up.

• To speed along organization try to get into the TNT Steam group chat a little before things are expected to kick off. Once we have an idea how many people we are looking at on a given night we will set up some lobbies and get things into gear. If you can't get into the chat room before 20:00 we'll still try to accommodate you but don't be suprised if you have to sit out a few rounds. For the record I will usually be in the chat room from 18:30 onwards.

• If your not in the TNT Steam group leave your Steam ID in the thread (or send me a PM) and I'll track you down and add you.

• The winner of each round gets to chose a rule to which the other players must abide during the next round. Almost anything is good to go; prohibited decks, forced attack directions, 4-way mirror matches. So long as its a global rule and dosn't result in your immediate victory anything goes!

• Mircophones are optional but are greatly encouraged as they help set the mood of actually sitting around a table with your friends.

• Rule 0: Have fun! It's a game with friends, let's try to make it friendly okay?

So how about it? Are you up for the FFA challenge?

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

I'll get it working one of these days.
Oh and to an earlier post.
I might feed a troll or two after I have a cocktail or two. I know I shouldn't, but....

Edit: I'll keep an eye on this and if anyone new expresses interest I'll add them to the group for you.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Where the hell is the ps3 version?? I want to show people the horror that is Dragon Beoodmother lockdown...
Bobtheratkillr: DeadWalkers doesn't operate well as an aggro deck.
Where the hell is the ps3 version?? I want to show people the horror that is Dragon Beoodmother lockdown...

Thursday Night Throwdown Bro!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Hmmm, I think I'm in for this. I'll prime my latest deck...Tripo said it couldn't be done, but I'll prove him wrong...

CONTROL ZOMBIES!

That's right...you heard it here first.
We've been hearing about it for a while actually, but enjoy all that self-back patting brah. 
Garren, in case you don't check your pm's here, you are a TNT moderator with privileges to invite, kick, make announcements/events....

I will get this figured out. If anything the pc in the bedroom we use for netflix and such could use a video card upgrade. I might take the one out of this pc and put in there and buy a 1gig for this one. Surely that would solve the issue.

Show

Garren, in case you don't check your pm's here, you are a TNT moderator with privileges to invite, kick, make announcements/events....

I will get this figured out. If anything the pc in the bedroom we use for netflix and such could use a video card upgrade. I might take the one out of this pc and put in there and buy a 1gig for this one. Surely that would solve the issue.

Ah. Thanks very much Devil. I'll try to keep it from burning down while your gone.

Yeah, the colonel is so cool, just look at him troll! Can I be you when I grow up?
Sure, it'll be a pleasure to crush you, guys. Just send me a message when it's going to start.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Chickenman is just jealous that no one can keep a 4ffa night alive on xbox, that's all.

Show

Sure, it'll be a pleasure to crush you, guys. Just send me a message when it's going to start.

Okay Fel I've sent you an friend request on Steam (as Garren_Windspear). Accept that and I'll shoot ya an invite (because Steam is stupid and you can't invite from groups...)

Okay Fel I've sent you an friend request on Steam (as Garren_Windspear). Accept that and I'll shoot ya an invite (because Steam is stupid and you can't invite from groups...)

Done.

Stupid Steam

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

I am still interested in participating. One question though; Am I allowed to use all the promos? If not I can edit my decks or I can help you guys unlock all of the promos. Let me know.
I am still interested in participating. One question though; Am I allowed to use all the promos? If not I can edit my decks or I can help you guys unlock all of the promos. Let me know.

I'd have to put it up to whoevers playing but sinse this is for fun I would have no trouble with it

I'd have to put it up to whoevers playing but sinse this is for fun I would have no trouble with it

Its always best to ask, I don't much care about competitiveness, those that played with me last time would remember that I used unedited base decks.
So, here's the original artwork for Fiery Justice I was talking to you guys:

Also, awesome games. Looking foward to the next. Maybe I can get my mic working next time

So, here's the original artwork for Fiery Justice I was talking to you guys:

Also, awesome games. Looking foward to the next. Maybe I can get my mic working next time

Now you see how you missed the joy that is Thursday Night Throwdown on PS3. After the founder dj_btrue kinda dropped out it was sixty4half, distilledpoison and I as the core and some really good 4ffa players I know. It would have been great to have you as a fourth.

Oh well, I will be getting a new video card soon and, well...

Show

That was a good time last night even if the evil Mastergear got the best of me, using Nebula as his proxy minion. And I'll never understand two dragon masters beating the crap out of each other while I'm happy  Mul Daya-ing lands.

I saw some really innovative plays as well. I got a free education. 
Good times!  I mean, everyone but me cheats and hacks if I don't win because my win rates are always 100%, but that's ok, it happens. ;P

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

I forgot to mention it last night, but Neb's voice is pretty awesome.

There's a ps3 magic night?

Guys you gotta add me so I can torment you with my builds

I am Blue/Black
PSN: max_uk87

I forgot to mention it last night, but Neb's voice is pretty awesome.

Haha, thanks fel. ;P  I have that good 'ol Northern Kentucky drawl.

@Max The PS3 one is done through a different thread, it should be around here on the boards somewhere.  This is of course the Steam one.  I think the PS3 one is Thursday nights, while this is Tuesdays and and Saturdays and done through Steam/PC. 

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

I'll revive the old thread or just start a new one tomorrow.

Show

Well it's Saturday so I figure I'll bump this thread early and see if I get any takers for tonights TNT. 20:00 (EST) as normal (although I guess we can start earlier if we can get a full lobby together before then).

I think I need to add Saturday to our PS3 TNT also.
More drink = more memorable (stupid) plays to reminisce about.

Show

I think I need to add Saturday to our PS3 TNT also.
More drink = more memorable (stupid) plays to reminisce about.

More drink, more games, more fun. Can't see anything wrong with that plan. Go for it!

I'm in with nothing really weird happens, like the Zombie Apocalypse.

Sounds good to me! Count me in!

Let me check craigslist and see if maybe I can pick up a 1g video card on the cheap.
That would have to do it, don't you think?

Show

Let me check craigslist and see if maybe I can pick up a 1g video card on the cheap.

You would think so, but compatibility issues can have nothing to do with the size of the video card.  Although I'm not sure if your problem was compatibility or your videocard being outdated.  If the latter is the case then a simple upgrade should certainly do.  I run 2 500MB video cards for a total of 1GB and it works just fine.  A lot of newer games are starting to be too much for my PC to handle on any settings above medium though.  Some games I even have to put on low (like SC2, even though I can have them on medium-high with D3).  Anyhow, should be more than fine for any of the duels games I would think.

You would think so, but compatibility issues can have nothing to do with the size of the video card.  Although I'm not sure if your problem was compatibility or your videocard being outdated.  If the latter is the case then a simple upgrade should certainly do.  I run 2 500MB video cards for a total of 1GB and it works just fine.  A lot of newer games are starting to be too much for my PC to handle on any settings above medium though.  Some games I even have to put on low (like SC2, even though I can have them on medium-high with D3).  Anyhow, should be more than fine for any of the duels games I would think.

I really don't know what else to try and my bedroom pc could stand to have the 512 that I have in my main pc.
Still dumbfounds me though as I meet all minimum system requirements and I did all the upgrades humanly possible.

Show

Figured I'd bump this before heading to work. Give us a shout if your up for some FFA tonight guys. Saves me the legwork when I get home.

I should be able to play for about 2 hours as usual.
I probably not going to make it today. My favorite soccer team have a match today and I'm going to the stadium to support the poor guys.

I understand fel, nothing comes between me and my favorite NFL team (the Cincinnati Bengals, WHO DEY!!!) or my favorite NCAA Basketball team (University of Kentucky Wildcats, GO BLUE NATION!!!).  I love my Cincinnati Reds too, but they play about 3 billion games in baseball, so I can miss a couple games here and there. ;P  Anyhow, count me in!  I'm down for some 4 player FFA Rules this Tuesday!

If there is room, I'm in...I'll be on starting around 8p est for a few hours. 

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

That's when we start, 8pm EDT.  Sign up for the group if you haven't already and bring your mic if you are able!  A few drinks always adds to the fun too. ;P

If the group is the one in your sig...I'm in - if not...I'm new to the steam thing (just gothat two days ago...mainly an ipad player). 
I assume my mic will work...and, I'm already 4 drinks into the night (just to get through dinner with the kids tonight)

looking forward to it. So far, my steam experience has been rather bleak...hope to change that tonight! 

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Hey Neosilk what's your Steam name? I'll shoot you an invite for the TNT group.

Lol. Just updated my sig....steam = neosilk 
cool, thanks! 

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Sign In to post comments