Bring back D&D Miniatures

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is something that has been out of production for last 2 years. One thing i wish they will do with the whole push with 5th edition is to bring back the miniature line. It be nice to have them for the actual pen and paper, but also i wish they go back and make the miniature game again! It was a blast doing tournaments and collecting all the different minis around.

I dont know, maybe i am the only that wished they would start making the miniature game again and maybe not release them so often? Thoughts and ideas?
I always wished that they would release the miniatures in a non-random option. I don't want to have to buy multiple packs just to get 4 orc minatures. I never played the minis game. Mostly because it would cut into my time to play the RPG. But I like having the "right" minis for the game if I can (and I rarely do). If I could buy an "orc set" or "skeleton set" or something that was non-randomized I'd spend a lot more money on these. I really like the plastic minis that WotC has come out with for Dungeon Command and also the D&D Adventure board games. I'd really like to see more.
I would be very happy if they did.
Firstly hi from outback Australia,

Loved the first instalment of DND minis! Bought it for the rpg side initially, then ended up addicted to the minis game. loved the different elements ie; band size limit, moral, commander, d20!, map placement, initiative. Made for a very strategic game Which provided me and my friends with much enjoyment until the rules were changed to remove some of the elements which actually made the game more fun! I mean seriously... Removing moral? 

I believe some of the only things which should have been changed Along the way were stat cards, as they may have been broken or underpowered. This would have created more warbands that were competitive which = more fun. Perhaps different warbands limits for different game types? But in essence keep the core rule set much the same. 

you can release new cards for MTG so what's the big issue...  A brilliant game lost to the world. 

There is still a community of plAyers for the original game; now referred to as OE on the DDM Guild website.  Playing on the pre-printed maps (not tiles).  Visit the Guild website if you're interested.

I loved many aspects of OE and played it far better than the re-boot.

I always thought the morale rule was a little too brutal; had experiences of winning games due to a failed morale role, even though my warband was toast.  One idwas toyed with was that a routingcreature stopped on an exit square and took a morale role on its next turn to see if rally.
I always wished that they would release the miniatures in a non-random option. I don't want to have to buy multiple packs just to get 4 orc minatures

Although people say that, in reality you could always buy single miniatures online. What randomization did was give some buyers (especially collectors) an excuse to buy far more miniatures than they normally would (almost like a meta-game). This in turn lowered the prices of the miniatures overall due to mass production (the common ones became especially dirt cheap).

This was a good thing, even for people that wanted non-random miniatures (unless they did not have internet access to buy them).

I always wished that they would release the miniatures in a non-random option. I don't want to have to buy multiple packs just to get 4 orc minatures

Although people say that, in reality you could always buy single miniatures online. What randomization did was give some buyers (especially collectors) an excuse to buy far more miniatures than they normally would (almost like a meta-game). This in turn lowered the prices of the miniatures overall due to mass production (the common ones became especially dirt cheap).

This was a good thing, even for people that wanted non-random miniatures (unless they did not have internet access to buy them).

I never did find a place to purchase single minis online. It wasn't a widely advertised thing, apparently. I also tried the eBay route to possibly find them there. But all I ever found listed was the rare stuff (at a premium price) that I didn't want or need. No matter at this point as that is now in the past.

But I still would like them to bring back minis in a non-randomized format so I could buy just what I wanted and not get all the extra stuff.  

Have you tried Auggies? http://auggiesgamestore.crystalcommerce.com/

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

Yeah, if you couldn't find any decent singles sellers you weren't really trying. Heck, Auggies was pimped to high heaven.

Bring back D&D Miniatures

Wish granted.

http://wizkidsgames.com/blog/2014/02/07/wizkids-partners-with-wizards-of-the-coast-for-dungeons-dragons-miniatures/

Sign In to post comments