Magic 2014 Promo Codes for 7/22 (Steam, PS3, Android)

278 posts / 0 new
Last post

There have been some issues concerning the promo codes interacting with certain platforms. While I can’t go into detail, I can tell you that these problems forced the Duels team to delay promo releases to the public on very short notice (which is why you didn’t see PAX Aus and SDCC attendees talking about them). I apologize for the frustration that this caused for those eager to receive word from the attendees at those events.

The good news is that the following promo codes are now available for use on Steam, PS3, and Android! Each code will unlock a new promo card for each of the 10 decks. Unfortunately there will be a short wait before these first couple codes become available on Xbox (codes will be enabled soon for you to enter and I'll update this thread when that happens) and iPad (promo cards will be automatically unlocked following an upcoming patch). Sorry again about this delay. We really appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Promo Code #1: GKSNDR

Promo Code #2: DWNNDR 

EDIT: Steam users, having some trouble getting promos to accept? See this post later in the thread. 

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Thanks Sean!
Thanks much Sean. We appreciate it. 

Even though, as an iPad user I'll have to wait, it's no biggie. I appreicate your candor.
Thanks much Sean. We appreciate it. 

Even though, as an iPad user I'll have to wait, it's no biggie. I appreicate your candor. 

Yup, Xbox here. No biggie at all.
Love you Sean. Just wish I hadn't stayed up so late now.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Ah, promos will be patched in for iPad. Works for me! Can't wait, thanks Sean!
Ah, promos will be patched in for iPad. Works for me! Can't wait, thanks Sean!

Dig the new avvy, Wolves.
Nice, thank you Sean both for the codes and for clearing things up. Hopefully the community waits a couple of days next time before bringing out the pitchforks.
Thanks for the update!
YOU ARE MY HERO SEAN!!!!
Thanks much Sean. I believe I speak for all of the mature, adult members of the forum when I say we appreciate it. 

What I'm not allowed to apprecia---- Oh wait...

Thanks Sean.

Best of luck to Wizards in figuring all that out, and best of luck to you in keeping the information flowing.
If it's not at all unreasonable, some measure of a timeline at their earliest convenience would put all the reasonable discontent to rest.
Cheers sean.

Quick question, will the expansions have the same amount of cards that the original decks will have post promo codes? It's not a big deal either way, i was just wondering.

Can some ps3 players do a quick update to let us know what decks are getting what cards? As an xbox player i havent seen the 30/32 glitch the ps3 players have.

Cheers sean.

Quick question, will the expansions have the same amount of cards that the original decks will have post promo codes?

I can confidently say yes. This was addressed as such by Ken Troop last year.

Can some ps3 players do a quick update to let us know what decks are getting what cards? As an xbox player i havent seen the 30/32 glitch the ps3 players have.

I`m pretty sure this list is in order of release, so that should tell you.

(I'm helping. )
this! ...is all i wanted -_- a simple answer lol im happy
ALso, even though i had not said previously in other threads, i figured there was an issue about the cards working.
Sweet. Side note. turns out I am indeed psychic...

or is it the other one?
NimNams 2014 DoTP Invitational Sealed Tournament Champion - Undefeated... 'merica. eyePad GC tag: increasing aperture (formerly: uglywagon)

There have been some issues concerning the promo codes interacting with certain platforms. While I can’t go into detail, I can tell you that these problems forced the Duels team to delay promo releases to the public on very short notice (which is why you didn’t see PAX Aus and SDCC attendees talking about them). I apologize for the frustration that this caused for those eager to receive word from the attendees at those events.

The good news is that the following promo codes are now available for use on Steam, PS3, and Android! Each code will unlock a new promo card for each of the 10 decks. Unfortunately there will be a short wait before these first couple codes become available on Xbox (codes will be enabled soon for you to enter and I'll update this thread when that happens) and iPad (promo cards will be automatically unlocked following an upcoming patch). Sorry again about this delay. We really appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Promo Code #1: GKSNDR

Promo Code #2: DWNNDR 

Sean, I think I love you.

Patience.  What a funny concept patience is.
Thanks, Sean. It's slightly comforting knowing that Wizards hasn't forgotten the game already
Ummmm....any information about xbox ??????

Today, tomorrow, next year ?????

Hello ???

edit:  "short wait"; which means what exactly...?

I love/play MTGO and DotP, but this company drives me nuts!!!!! Yell
Can we please not turn this thread into a passive-aggressive fest where we jab at other posters?

Before you accuse this post as being itself a passive-aggressive jab, the only reason I am not naming names or quoting specific posts is out of politeness and respect.

I think from my locked thread a lot of people need to read Sean's post and take it to heart.  There was a lot of uncalled for aggression and huge effort posts that served no purpose but to insult members of the community - especially me.

Basically, everyone chill out.

For some reason the codes don't seem to work for me (Steam). I get an "Invalid code" message.
Codes not working for anyone else? On Steam here, server driven content enabled, tried quitting and restarting steam, etc.

Or am I not reading something? 
Codes are invalid on Steam Cry
For some reason the codes don't seem to work for me (Steam). I get an "Invalid code" message.

Codes not working for anyone else? On Steam here, server driven content enabled, tried quitting and restarting steam, etc.

Same here, not working.  Getting the same error.  I tried exiting Magic 2014, exiting Steam, waiting a minute or 2 and then restarting Steam and Magic 2014 to no avail.  Same error again and no new cards.  I'm guessing it is a server issue according to the error message.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

Thanks for the update Sean, guess us Xboxer will have to wait a little while longer

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Yeah, it's not like anyone went overboard because some freebies got delayed a day due to technical errors or anything (we're still allowed to use sarcasm, no?)

Same here, not working.  Getting the same error.  I tried exiting Magic 2014, exiting Steam, waiting a minute or 2 and then restarting Steam and Magic 2014 to no avail.  Same error again and no new cards.  I'm guessing it is a server issue according to the error message.

Hmm... okay. Thanks for the info. I take is this is happening for BOTH codes? Can a PS3 or Android user report back if they've successfully unlocked them? I'll see what's going on.

Sean Gibbons

Codes are working on ps3 :-)
I have removed content from this thread because masking and personal insults are a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the Report Post button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

Hmm... okay. Thanks for the info. I take is this is happening for BOTH codes? Can a PS3 or Android user report back if they've successfully unlocked them? I'll see what's going on.

PS3 user (Europe) here: can confirm that new cards have been sucessfully unlocked.  

I made one post asking people to be civil.  If anyone chooses to derail by responding to that, it's not on me.

Peace.

I appreciate your post. A little civility never hurt anyone (probably?).

Sean Gibbons

Same here :/
add me on steam =) highzenborg
Steam, check the deck manager.
Viral avatar threw an error also but was there anyway.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Codes are working on ps3 :-)

PS3 user (Europe) here: can confirm that new cards have been sucessfully unlocked.  

Thank you both. If an Android player can confirm as well I'd appreciate it. 

Steam users, I hope to get you an answer soon! 

Sean Gibbons

I can confirm that it is giving me Invalid Code for both codes on Steam (United States), I have tried both enabling and disabling "Server Driven Content", I have restarted both DotP 2014 and Steam multiple times.  I assume there is a server issue going on, but that is just an assumption.
Steam, check the deck manager. Viral avatar threw an error also but was there anyway.

These should result in a proper confirmation message.

Sean Gibbons

Hey Sean, I just heard about a sealed event this Saturday at my local game shop. It's $30 to enter, and you make a sealed deck out of 2 RTR boosters, 2 Gatecrash Boosters, and 2 Dragon's Maze boosters. I'm thinking of attending, because I really like sealed and Ravnica, and I was wondering if there will be a promo code for this game given out at these events?

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Thanks Sean, even though I'm on xbox, it's nice to see folks getting the unlocks.. hope the next 8 will come quickly.
And the DroneOn Thread Derailing continues!

Odd thing to call it, since she's not derailing it near as much as all these people jumping in to bash her. Of course it's the same people saying the same things as every other thread they're bashing her in, so I don't even know what it's supposed to be accomplishing since they either don't have a point, or they have one and are completely failing to get it across to her using their current method over and over again.

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

Thank you both. If an Android player can confirm as well I'd appreciate it.

If you throw me a free game for my tablet, I'll gladly check Tongue Out
Wow, this forum almost imploded itself and here the codes are coming. Some people look pretty stupid at this point IMHO. They could certainly get back to us more and tell us more but some people need to learn how to take a break.