3.5 Need some feedback on the properties of a weapon made from a red dragons tooth

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok so I'm in a debate with my Dm that my dragoncraft greatsword is unable to be destoryed by lava (I myself am immune because I am pyrocaustic half dragon). I stated that a red dragons teeth don't melt out of it's mouth when it enters lava so why should my sword?
And I know the dms word is reality, but I still apappreciate some feedback, also I'm playing a pyrocaustic half dragon so I myself am immune to all fire based damage
I don't recall the immunity being specifically stated for dragoncraft weapons (thought the Draconomicon does note that dragonhide armour is immune to the appropriate damage type); I would have simply assumed it, unless dead red dragons normally melt in lava in your DM's campaign.

I guess there could be some parts of the weapon that weren't made out of dragon bits (like leather binding on the handle, inlaid gemstones, metal pins securing the tang of the blade to the hilt, and so on), but that would depend on the exact workmanship.  For some weapons, destroying those could be enough to effectively destroy it as a functional weapon even if the dragon bits remained unharmed (so you might have just the sword blade left).

What was your DM's reasoning?

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. - Good Omens

Co-Author of the Dreamfane, Euralden Eye, Gajuisan Crawler, Gruesome Lurker, Fulminating Crab, Ironglass Rose, Sheengrass Swarm, Spryjack, Usunag, and Warp Drifter, and author of the Magmal Horror from Force of Nature.

My most popular campaign item; for all your adventuring convenience.
Zauber's Mutable Rod: This rod has a number of useful functions that make it easier to live in the wilderness. It is made of polished wood, with five studlike buttons on one end. Each button produces a different effect when pressed. Unless otherwise noted, the rod’s functions have no limit on the number of times they can be employed. When button 1 is pressed, one end of the rod produces a small flame, equivalent to a candle. When button 2 is pressed, the rod unfolds into a two-person tent, complete with bedrolls and warm blankets. When button 3 is pressed, the rod becomes a one-handed hammer, suitable for pounding pitons into a wall. When button 4 is pressed, the rod becomes a sturdy iron spade. When button 5 is pressed, the rod becomes a wooden bucket able to hold 2 gallons of liquid. Once per day, it can be commanded to fill with fresh water. If the rod is seriously damaged or broken in any of its alternate forms (button 2, 3, 4, or 5), it reverts to its basic rod form and cannot be activated for 24 hours. Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, minor creation; Price 375 gp; Weight 2 lb.