Warlock Wizard Hybrid

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
So far I recieved not so many answers, so if there's anyone who can pinpoint the real stuff, that'd be awesome:

If Warlock / Wizard (lvl 12) hybrid takes the Elemental Pact - Does this change even the wizards spells?
If Elemental Affinity roll would be "Fire", would my Magic Missile do 10 more damage via the Accursed Affinity Boon? (because now it's technically fire)

Right or Wrong? Thanks
The question is irrelevent. Here's the question to ask yourself: Why are you wasting your only Wizard at-will slot on Magic Missile?
Well, you got an answer in Q&A, but anyway...  Yes, your arcane attack powers that do the relevant damage types will do your affinity type, regardless of the source of the power.  No, Magic Missile doesn't do extra damage purely because it does Fire damage; however,. it would ping the vulnerability on your curse target.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
The question is irrelevent. Here's the question to ask yourself: Why are you wasting your only Wizard at-will slot on Magic Missile?

Because you can use daily to use it as a minor, more over many people still use the classic 2d4 on Hit Missile, which does quite a lot.
Zickzack, the demerits of MM have been discussed many times. It is not ever worthy of a wizards time, unless you know, for sure, that the single instance of damage will kill that one creature, and it is the last monster standing.
Or, you absolutely, categorically have to deal a single point of damage, now (I've heard of it being used to good effect in one of the Epic LFR boss battles, actually).  It's not worth an at-will slot though; Arcanists ought to get it free like Mages and Bladesingers, then at least you get something to do when the Bard or Warlord gives everyone a BA.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Since he's allowed to use the original version, the faults of the newer "classic" ones don't matter.
Dooble: it's still low single target damage dealt by a class that could sweep up the entire room.

Because you can use daily to use it as a minor, more over many people still use the classic 2d4 on Hit Missile, which does quite a lot.

If your houseruled MM has both, an attack roll and a damage roll, Blackstaff Apprentice theme is worth considering.
If it doesn't, drop the idea of using it besides in very specific cases, as already mentioned.

Still not really worth it, unless you House Rule to have an attack and damage roll and even then, but I digress. Yes, you would be able to ping the vulnerability as it's an Arcane Attack Power.

*Edit*: Ninja'd
Dooble: it's still low single target damage dealt by a class that could sweep up the entire room.

That can be used as a ranged basic attack. Which is always good to have. But then again, that's not a problem for a hybrid warlock ...
So the question is now "why are you using Magic Missile when you can have Eldritch Blast?" I take it.
So the question is now "why are you using Magic Missile when you can have Eldritch Blast?" I take it.

It's my friends character, actually... And he has both, MM and Eldritch Blast.
The reason to have MM is this:

Show

Wizard's Fury

You begin to fling force bolts with a flick of your wrist.

Daily        Arcane, Force, Implement
Minor Action  

Prerequisite: You must know the magic missile at-will wizard power.

Effect: Until the end of the encounter, as a minor action once per turn, you can cast magic missile.

It's my friends character, actually... And he has both, MM and Eldritch Blast.
The reason to have MM is this:

Show

Wizard's Fury

You begin to fling force bolts with a flick of your wrist.

Daily        Arcane, Force, Implement
Minor Action  

Prerequisite: You must know the magic missile at-will wizard power.

Effect: Until the end of the encounter, as a minor action once per turn, you can cast magic missile.

Which is still not a good enough reason, really. If he's optimized for damage, fine (assuming the old version of mm), but if not there's better things your daily can be doing for the party.
Still a waste of an action, and now also a wasted daily,,, such sadness.

Zickzack: please compare 1 use of beguiling strands to magic missile. 
Still a waste of an action, and now also a wasted daily,,, such sadness.

Zickzack: please compare 1 use of beguiling strands to magic missile. 

He fights at long range using Blur to be invisible for enemies further than 5 squares (or whatever). And using the roll-attack-roll-damage mechanism, that one magic missile can add up 2d4 + bonuses and its affinity vulnerability (10), so I guess it's like 2d4+20 or something.
If you want to deal damage, play a striker...
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
If you want to deal damage, play a striker...

Perhaps why it's a hybrid, to have a mixture of both.