Fastest kills - 1v1 and 2HG

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
We've had this topic for the past editions of Duels, so time to ressurect it for D14! What's the fastest kill (and then most damage in case of a tie) you can get with each deck, or combo of decks?

I've got what is possibly the only turn 3 kill in the game - Zombies and Chandra. Zombies and Dragons has a number of ways to do 28/29, but not 30, but will be able to when the promo unlocks drop.

1 - Mountain, Swamp, Gravecrawler. (30 life remaining)
2 - Mountain, Wild Guess, discard Chandra's Spitfire and draw two Mountains. Swamp, Reanimate Chandra's Spitfire, Gravecrawler, attack for 2. (28 life remaining)
3 - Mountain, Seismic Assault, Sign in Blood Chandra, who draws two Mountains, discard 7 Mountains for 14 damage and give Chandra's Spitfire +21/+0. Attack for 26. (-12 life).

This is for when you go first. If you go second, Chandra can potentially have 8 mountains to discard, doing an additional 5 damage, for -17 life/47 damage in 3 turns. Black still has a land drop free on turn 3 too.

1 vs 1

1) Chandra plays muntain=>goblin arsonist

1)AG plays plain=> champion of the parish

2)FW plays muntain=>kiln fiend=>swing for 1

3)AG plays plain=> double champion of the parish=>swing for 3

3)FW plays muntain=> double pillar of flame to the face(4)=>disintegrate for 0=>swing for 11

3)gather the townsfolk with fateful hour=>swing for 20

Does this even count?

1 vs 1

1) Chandra plays muntain=>goblin arsonist

1)AG plays plain=> champion of the parish

2)FW plays muntain=>kiln fiend=>swing for 1

3)AG plays plain=> double champion of the parish=>swing for 3

3)FW plays muntain=> double pillar of flame to the face(4)=>disintegrate for 0=>swing for 11

3)gather the townsfolk with fateful hour=>swing for 20

Does this even count?

I would say if it includes enemy actions no. Because otherwise the opponent could just final fortune.

Robvalue: Copy target bug or glitch. You may choose a new card for the copy... --- http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29193605/Promotional_Unlock_Cards_List --- Will never buy games made by Arena Net again.
I would say if it includes enemy actions no. Because otherwise the opponent could just final fortune.

Agreed. I think you can assume perfect draws and the possibility they can't block for yourself, but as soon as you rely on enemy actions and not inactions, you open yourself to them doing all sorts of incompetent things that can stretch plausibility even further.

Still, it's an interesting scenario anyway.

AG 1v1

1) Champion of the Parish
2) Gather the Townsfolk, swing for 3
3) Honor of the Pure, swing for 8
4) Fiend Hunter (or any human but FH removes a blocker), swing for 9 
Chant 1v1

1) Forest (1), Exploration, Forest (2)
2) Expedition, Forest (3), Forest (4), Rampant Growth (5), crack Expedition (6, 7)
3) Forest (8), Forest (9), Tooth and Nail into anything that gives you 20+ power
4) Win

If you go for the double Terastodon and blow up at least 4 of your own lands, that gives you 30+ power for the 2HG win, as well.
Or you could go double Eldrazi including ITB and drop the turn 4 AID just for extra salt in the wound.
2HG AG + Slivers:

1. 1 drop AG, slivers path exiles it.
2. Champion + gather, slivers exiles the 2 tokens.
3. Soul Warden + fiend hunter exiles soul warden.
4. Go 'infinite' with 2*fiend hunter, for life (from returned warden) and power/toughness (on champion). (In theory you could also do fiend hunter + resto angel but the combo is broken due to inability to stack triggers)

Breaks deck construction rule.

Still slower than above mentioned 3 turn win, but the opponents life total would be irrelevent. 
Robvalue: Copy target bug or glitch. You may choose a new card for the copy... --- http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29193605/Promotional_Unlock_Cards_List --- Will never buy games made by Arena Net again.
2HG AG + Slivers:

4. Go 'infinite' with 2*fiend hunter, for life (from returned warden) and power/toughness (on champion). (In theory you could also do fiend hunter + resto angel but the combo is broken due to inability to stack triggers)

Still slower than above mentioned 3 turn win, but the opponents life total would be irrelevent. 

Don't you need 3 Fiend Hunters for infinite?
Yep, or two and a Restoration Angel
2HG AG + Slivers:

Don't you need 3 Fiend Hunters for infinite?

You have 1 fiend hunter from turn 3 and a further 2 turn 4 = 3 fiend hunters.
Yep, or two and a Restoration Angel

Doesn't work due to how the triggers are stacked (in DotP), you can only permanently exile a creature with 2 fiend hunters and restoration angel, not infinitely loop the angel & hunters. 
MMz 1v1

1) Island, Bear
2) Island, Mist (2/2), swing for 2
3) Island, Bear (3/3), Image on Mist (2x 4/4), swing for 6 (8)
4) Swing for 12 (20)
What's the damage output if you Lord then Image on Lord on T4? Could you do enough to "solo" a 2HG game?

1) island, bear
2) island, lord, swing for 3
3) island, image->lord, bear, swing for 6 (4/4 bear + 2/2 lord)
4) island, image->lord, image->lord, swing for 20 (6/6 bear + 6/6 bear + 2/2 lord + 6/6 imaged lord)

29 ...

But puzzledmint used Krovikan Mist on T2, so I think it's possible that way.
Hakeem is right

1) Island, Bear

4) Island, Lord, Image on Lord, Swing for 22 (30) (2x Bears @ 4/4, 2x Mist @ 7/7)
But puzzledmint used Krovikan Mist on T2, so I think it's possible that way.

Regular lord of the unreal provides +1/+1 to a mist.
Illusionary lord of the unreal provides +2/+2 to a mist.

Regular lord of the unreal provides +1/+1 to an illusionary lord of the unreal.
Illusionary lord of the unreal provides +1/+1 to itself and other illusionary lords of the unreal.

Mist provides +1/+1 to another mist.
Illusionary mist still provides +1/+1 to another mist.

Mwuanno has dealt 1 extra damage by turn 3.
Turn 4: Puzzledmint:
2*Bear 4/4 (2 lords)
2*Mists 7/7 (5 illusions (1 of which is lord) 2 lords (total)) => 22 damage this turn=> 30 damage total
1) Island, Bear

2) Island, Mist
 -> Bear is 2/2, swings for 2
 -> 2 total

3) Island, Lord, Bear
 -> Bear is 2/2 with +1/+1, swings for 3
 -> Mist is 3/3 with +1/+1, swings for 4
 -> 3 + 4 = 7 + 2 = 9 total

4) Island, Image, Image
 -> Lord is 2/2, swings for 2
 -> Mist is 5/5 with +3/+3, swings for 8
 -> 2x Bears are 2/2 with +3/+3, swing for 5 each (10)
 -> 2 + 10 + 8 = 20 + 9 = 29 total
Hakeem is right

1) Island, Bear

4) Island, Lord, Image on Lord, Swing for 22 (30) (2x Bears @ 4/4, 2x Mist @ 7/7)

I can't believe I didn't see that myself - ofc it is better to go for the big swing on turn 4.

Nice  
So I figured I'd have a stab at speed kills for all the decks (1v1, pre-promos). Feel free to call out where my math went wrong (I tried to double check everything) and if you can make them faster or harder hitting.

AVACYN'S GLORY
1. Plains, Champion of the Parish
2. Plains, Gather the Townsfolk, Swing for 3
3. Plains, Champion of the Parish, Gather the Townsfolk, Swing for 8 (9)
4. Plains, Honor of the Pure, Honor of the Pure, Swing for 25 (-16)

CHANT OF THE MUL DAYA
1. Forest, Exploration, Forest, Scute Mob
2. Forest, Forest, Oracle of Mul Daya, Forest*, Swing for 1 (19)
3. Forest*, Forest*, Forest*, Eldrazi Conscription, Swing for 17 (2)
4. Forest*, Forest*, Forest*, Eldrazi Conscription, Swing for 31 (-29)
(Forest's marked with an '*' were drawn from the deck)

DEADWALKERS
1. Swamp, Gravecrawler
2. Swamp, Gravecrawler, Gravecrawler, Swing for 2 (18)
3. Swamp, Lord of the Undead, Swing for 9 (9)
4. Swamp, Undead Warchief, Swing for 19 (-10)

ENTER THE DRACOMANCER
1. Forest, Tukatongue Thallid
2. Mountain, Dragon Fodder, Swing for 1 (19)
3. Mountain, Cultivate (x2 Mountain), Swing for 3 (16)
4. Mountain, Ogre Battledriver, Tukatongue Thallid, Swing for 6 (10)
5. Mountain, Predator Dragon (Devour everything but Battledriver), Swing for 23 (-13)

FIREWAVE
1. Mountain
2. Mountain, Wild Guess (Discard Mountain, Draw 2 Mountains)
3. Mountain, Chandra's Spitfire
4. Seismic Assault (Discard 5 Mountains (10)), Swing for 16 (-6)

GUARDIANS OF LIGHT
1. Plains
2. Plains, Kor Spiritdancer
3. Plains, Skyhunter Skirmisher
4. Plains, Armored Ascension, Swing for 10 (10)
5. Plains, Armored Ascension, Swing for 24 (-14)

HUNTERS STRENGTH
1. Forest
2. Forest, Kalonian Tusker
3. Forest, Rancor, Rancor, Rancor, Swing for 9 (11)
4. Forest, Elephant Guide, Swing for 12 (-1)

MASK OF THE DIMIR
1. Island
2. Swamp, Dimir Guildmage
3. Swamp, Dimir Guildmage, Swing for 2 (18)
4. Island, Moroii, Swing for 4 (14)
5. Swamp, Shadow Slice (Imprint on Moroii), Swing for 11 (3), Shadow Slice (0)

MIND MAZE
1. Island, Phantasmal Bear
2. Island, Krovikan Mist, Swing for 2 (18)
3. Island, Phantasmal Bear, Phantasmal Image (on Krovikan Mist), Swing for 6 (12)
4. Island, Lord of the Unreal, Phantasmal Image (on Lord of the Unreal), Swing for 22 (-10)
(Stolen from above. I can't beat that)

SLIVER HIVE
1. Mountain, Striking Sliver
2. Forest, Predatory Sliver, Swing for 2 (18)
3. Plains, Blur Sliver, Swing for 7 (11)
4. Plains, Bonescythe Sliver, Swing for 20 (-9)

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

you couldn't play scute on turn one after the second forest? & with a legendary land turn two you could get him to a 15/15 with conscription on turn three l with more land from the khalin or whatever it's called lol
you couldn't play scute on turn one after the second forest? & with a legendary land turn two you could get him to a 15/15 with conscription on turn three l with more land from the khalin or whatever it's called lol

Yeah your right. There's no reason to not drop Scute Mob on turn one. It only works out 1 point more damage but hey it counts. Didn't quite get what you meant about dropping Eye of Ugin on turn two though. Scute Mobs already a 15/15 on turn 2 without it and the additional lands I would gain arn't really enough to do anything with.

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

I think the quickest you can do it in sealed is 4 turns with a slivers build...

I managed to land a five turn win in sealed and had a four turn victory coming but some creatures got in the way... this was a five turn win...

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/CgAMKO2.jpg) 

My opponent played Hex boots and nothing else....that was me swinging on turn four......even if he plays a creature I am casting the Shortcutter....I felt kind of bad for him...

Sporting a red/green slivers build... 

3x Striking Sliver
4x Predatory Sliver 
3x Blur Sliver
1x Goblin Shortcutter
1x Rathgan Firecat
1x Dungrove Elder
1x Prized Unicorn

3x Goblin War Paint
1x Earthquake
1x Fog
1x Giant Growth 
1x oakenForm
1x Act of Treason 
1x Tectonic Rift
1x Overwhelming Stampede 

I had this brewing one game and would have gotten a four turn win but a single creature got in the way...

Turn 1 Striking Sliver
Turn 2 Predatory Sliver (Swing for 1)
Turn 3 Blur Sliver (Swing for 7)
Turn 4 Predatory Sliver (Swing for 13) 

Is there any other way to land a 4 turn win in sealed?

Is there any other way to land a 4 turn win in sealed?

What you have to remember about Sealed is that there's no limit to the amount of copies of cards you can include in a deck. You can use everything you pull, even if you have more than 4 of them in a deck.

Therefore you can have over 4 Giant Growths which makes it easier. Here's an example though using just 3, assuming you go first too to make it more plausible that your opponent hasn't made much of a defence.

1 Mountain, Striking Sliver
2 Forest, Young Pyromancer, attack for 1. (1 damage)
3 Forest, Shock, Giant Growth, Giant Growth (generating 3 x 1/1s), attack for 11. (12 damage total)
4 Giant Growth, Giant Growth (hand now empty), attack for 12. (24 damage total)

I actually have a deck that has all those cards, and I have killed on turn 4 a few times with a very similar set of plays, except in my most recent I used Act of Treason on turn 4 to remove a blocker and deal 2 damage that way instead of Giant Growths. I think it was a Vampire Nighthawk I stole, and in his first two turns he played a Tormented Soul then a Swiftfoot Boots, explaining why he couldn't block.

2HG.

1. Kor Spiritdancer - Rancor = 4/2 Kor
2. Rancor - Daybreak Coronet = 13/7 Kor, swing for 13  (13 total)
3. Oakenform - Lifelink - Divine Favor = 23/19 Kor, swing for 23 (36 total)

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

2HG.

Intruiged as to how you're casting a 2 mana creature on turn 1.

Garruk does have a turn 3 kill with Black though once the promos drop and Black gets a second Reanimate (as do a few decks with Black);

1) Discard Grave Titan - Discard Craterhoof Behemoth
2) Swamp, Reanimate Titan - Forest, Rancor on Titan.
3) Swamp, Gravecrawler, Reanimate Behemoth - Forest, 2 x Rancor on any creature, attack for 41.
2HG.

Intruiged as to how you're casting a 2 mana creature on turn 1.

Because I'm magical.

Yah, I'm up a turn. Aaron and I pulled off something similar to this last night but I had a bit of drink in me.
I didn't do my homework today and relied on last night's memory.

Fail.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38