Anyone know when the next packet is expected?

Anyone know when the next packet is expected?
Sometime next month, I think they said.
GenCon is the middle of next month and last year they released around GenCon, so I would say second or third week of August probably.
The Oberoni fallacy only applies to broken rules, not rules you don't like. If a rule you don't like can be easily ignored, it should exist in the game for those who will enjoy it.
They specificly did not give any date.

But gen con, is as good of a guess as anything else.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

When it's ready.

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

I thought they were selling a copy of the rules at Gencon which was largely just a rehash of the last packet. Because of that I would be shocked if they immediately turned around and released a brand new packet. Not to mention they will be very busy with GenCon. So it seems that we won't see the next iteration until the very end of August at the earliest.
I thought they were selling a copy of the rules at Gencon which was largely just a rehash of the last packet.

They are releasing an official bound product which will contain what the next packet gives us (August).

I speculate release of 5th Ed for next summer. 
During the Slavers Live Game 3, Greg Bisland said a couple weeks.  Here's hoping that means Pre-Gen Con.  Murder in Baldurs Gate hits brink and mortar stores on August 9th and I'd like to run it with the next packet.
I'm certainly eager to see it, as my group is hoping to see the improved feats, classes etc. And I concur that a full release roughly this time next year is probably what's going to happen Laughing
Epic fantasy action adventure! - free ebook
I got August 2nd from that Slavers game, but I could easily be off. Whichever it is, at least there's some time to digest that material before the next Encounters season.
Purely speculation, but it'll either be early on before
GenCon to ensure some quality DDN playtesting at the
events held there under the watchful eye of the R&D
team.  It's just too good an opportunity to miss out on
if I'm in that R&D group quite frankly.

~or~ 

They'll hold off until after GenCon so they can see what's
happening at GenCon and make adjustments based on
that while perhaps guiding some of the things like the
inspiration point system at GenCon with specifically
trained DMs.  That'd be another way to ensure one
more nice round of playtesting before getting another,
what looks to be, bigger packet release out the door.

People react so harshly to these things, that I kind of
feel like it's in their best interest to get it out ahead of
GenCon and listen to / react to / get in front of miscon-
ceptions while at GenCon. 
Sounds like Mearls is talking about the packet AFTER the next one, though, which could mean that either (A) we're getting two packets rather quickly – one could be an update to the ruleset we currently have and include more classes, like the Bard, while the other would be the real shift or (B) we'll get a packet that doesn't include what he was just talking about at around Gen-Con time, and his statement was confirmation of further packets beyond this "special DDN Playtest edition Gen-Con only release"-level rules.

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

From what I can extrapolate:

The next packet is big. Fighters and rogues, at a bare minimum, have been heavily revised. Other classes have at least been tweaked I'm sure. We also will have the new super feats, and a possibility of the multi-class rules. In addition, there will be other systems we haven't seen yet, and revisions to the exploration systems. This packet is probably coming out around GenCon. While I won't make it, for the benefit of the people who are there I hope they get to play with it, since I'm not happy with the fighter and rogue we've had since March.

They are already working ahead on material to be released after that, including the skill system and the balanced math.
Lately, they have been putting out a new packet, either major or minor, just before each new season of Encounters. The Druid-Paladin-Ranger packet came out shortly before Storm over Neverwinter and the additional races packet was just before the last one. I expect the next packet either next week or the week after.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/10.jpg)

I think the next packet is going to be a, "this is what the game looks like now" packet, and the packet after will be the, "clean up the last packet a little and really dig into the math" packet.
The Oberoni fallacy only applies to broken rules, not rules you don't like. If a rule you don't like can be easily ignored, it should exist in the game for those who will enjoy it.
I think the next packet is going to be a, "this is what the game looks like now" packet, and the packet after will be the, "clean up the last packet a little and really dig into the math" packet.

Then maybe one more before release next summer?

Then maybe one more before release next summer?

There'll be more than one. After this they'll start working on the math, and they will almost certainly take a few packets to get that right. Then they'll have to make sure the monsters are balanced, which will take a bit of playtesting. They might want to run a few modules through the playtest too, like the tactical combat rules.
I would hope to see the packet a couple days before GenCon so it could be printed, digested, and discussed.

Vampire Class/Feat in 2013!

I prefer Next because 4E players and CharOpers can't find their ass without a grid and a power called "Find Ass."

Since they are already talking about the packet after the next one, they should release the newest packet to us - the one with all the major changes. It's a little frustrating to watch the live games with all these changes without knowing what the hell they are talking about.
Monster balance is largely a mathematical problem 
and isn't really an issue of having people playtest
them if feedback is sufficient regarding the abilities
of the monsters.

I get the sense that work on the math is underway
which also seems to point to a maturity in the
beta as well.

GenCon packet with the last major content dump
and then another packet with the math model and
some corrections, minor additions, and edits 
based on the surveys.

Again, the post this week about the math model
starting to come together suggests that a lot of
other things are already in place. 
considering the fact that the newest member of acquisitions incorporated appears to be some kind of Bard,I would highly suggest that they release this up and coming big packet that they keep talking about.its only 2 weeks to Gen Con 2013, and people are going to need time to learn the new rules.somewhere on here, somebody mentioned that the packet might be released today.hopefully that actually happens.
If you haven't received the email, the new packet is released (Even though as I'm posting this the site still indicates the last release was 06/07/2013). Lots of revisions.