DLCR: Banisher Priest

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays other M14 card to rate is...

Banisher Priest

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

This card is awesome.  It's going to be just as good as Fiend Hunter was in limited and that was already first pickable.

3.5-4

Discuss! 
Fiend Hunter without the bounce shenanigans is still awesome, though the one less toughness is very relevant in a format with shock.

I think removal + creature is always playable. This guy is good almost every time you draw him.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

3.0  This guy makes the combat step an adventure, though.

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."
Fiend Hunter without the bounce shenanigans is still awesome, though the one less toughness is very relevant in a format with shock.

BUT you're still getting a 1 for 1/drawing their shock.

shockbait is pretty okay in my book. 

BUT you're still getting a 1 for 1/drawing their shock.

shockbait is pretty okay in my book. 

That depends on when they shock it.

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."
3.5.  I might have gone 4 if it wasn't WW.
rstnme: "Everything looks good when your opponent passes 4 turns in a row."
It seems solid enough. Against certain decks it will be straight up removal, but not all, and you have to worry about instant speed removal on the Priest itself. I'll say 3.0 for now.
3.0. I do think it's worse than Fiend Hunter because I never feel too safe attacking with an effect creature, and I'd rather have the extra point of toughness as compared to the point of power.
Sign In to post comments