DC: Heart of Light

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays random card is...

Heart of Light

Well, I like the art.  Everything not so much.  Granted in limited this is kind of removal except the opponent can still block with it.  So it's ok there.  Otherwise it's a no everywhere else.

Thumbs down

Discuss! 
thumbs sideways

There's better options, but its still nice to stick on something you want to try and keep on the table in some builds.

cheers  

<----- Loser.

Creates a Fog Bank for you if perhaps have a flying token floating about. Funny if placed on Kaalia if Commander damage isnt your bag and you want to more safely field beaters, though I prefer Spirit Mantle there.
For only 1 more mana you get Indestructibility

Overall, I think this is an OK card.  I can see use for it, but I doubt it would ever make the cut into one of my deck builds.
It was fine in its time, but now we get flying too.
I actually used heart of light and ghostly posession to decent effect in my exalted deck. Because you're only attacking with one creature and you should have 4+ exalters on the board, it doesn't hurt to slap one of these enchantments on them to make a solid blocker. And in a pinch it can be used to remove an opponents threats.

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

The Indomitable Doran, the Siege Tower

Mimeomancy The Mimeoplasm

Cube

360 Pauper "Colour Basics"

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

It was fine in its time, but now we get flying too.

Oddly, Possession is less versitile.  Either one turns a junk creature into a forever-blocker (though possession does it better), but HoL can get an enemy attacker out of the way without hurting your evasion-using offense.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

[C]Defang[/C] costs less and is standard. And you could kill the creature without harming yours.
Sign In to post comments