So, I've been a long-time reader on the CharOp forums, but not much of a poster... I'm finally breaking my silence to see if anyone can help with a striker build in my weekly tabletop game.
Before I post my build, here's my deal:
* This is an 8th-level hybrid Ranger/Rogue, which I'm hoping to lead into the Darkstrider PP when we hit 11th. I want to try and bump my accuracy and damage capacity, and add a little bit of a control/debuff element, without too much cheese or major adjustment.
* Themes aren't allowed
* We rolled for our stats using a homebrow stat-rolling system, so my stats are PRETTY HIGH in some cases.
* We're running through Scales of War with a 6-man party, so the gold and items are spread out pretty thinly
Here's what I'm looking to do:
* Maximize my accuracy and damage-dealing capacity
* Slot in a little debuffing/inflicting status effects with minimal impact on attack/damage capability
* Still qualify for Darkstrider at 11th - unless I can be convinced there's something WAY more awesome that I should go for instead
And some supporting information...
* My character is built as a sniper, with the aim (*rimshot*) of hiding early and often in battle to score sneak attack. If I can't get that, I'll usually Quarry, get into a good position and start Twin Striking with my crossbow or blades.
* My character is the primary damage-dealer in the party, and according to the DM is the most *reliable* damage-dealer. To hear him tell it, if I stop focusing on damage, it's going to make fights a LOT longer and harder.* The party is VERY light on control - besides me, we have 2 Leaders, another Striker, and 2 Defenders. We had someone playing a Wizard, but his character died and he wants to build something "simpler" - frankly, he was a pretty awful Wizard.
* Lack of control is something that gets us in trouble often (and thus makes it hard to fight according to my role), so if there's any way I can dip into debuffing or control without seriously impacting my primary role (see above note about being a reliable damage-dealer), that'd be peachy keen.
Thanks in advance to anyone who has advice or can help with this! Without further ado, here's my current build:
Jyron, level 8
Wood Elf, Ranger/Rogue
Hybrid Ranger Option: Hybrid Ranger Fortitude
Wood Elf Option: Sense Threat
FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 15, CON 18, DEX 21, INT 12, WIS 20, CHA 10
STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 15, CON 17, DEX 17, INT 12, WIS 17, CHA 10
AC: 23 Fort: 20 Ref: 21 Will: 20
HP: 65 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 16
Acrobatics +15, Athletics +11, Endurance +13, Nature +18, Perception +17, Stealth +14
Arcana +5, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +4, Dungeoneering +9, Heal +9, History +5, Insight +9, Intimidate +4, Religion +5, Streetwise +4, Thievery +9
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Hunter's Quarry Power: Hunter's Quarry
Ranger At-Will Attack: Twin Strike
Rogue At-Will Attack: Deft Strike
Rogue Encounter 1: Impact Shot
Rogue Daily 1:Spinning Blade Leap
Ranger Utility 2: Stalker's Mist
Ranger Encounter 3: Disruptive Strike
Ranger Daily 5: Tracing Shot
Rogue Utility 6: Chameleon
Rogue Encounter 7: Snap Shot
L1: Crossbow Expertise
L2: Weapon Proficiency (Superior Crossbow)
L4: Hybrid Talent - Rogue Tactics - Cunning Sneak
L8: Speed Loader
Magic Superior Crossbow +1
Repulsion Leather Armor +1
Magic Rapier +1
Badge of the Berserker +1
Bracers of Archery (heroic tier)
Elven Chain Shirt