Deck Rankings

93 posts / 0 new
Last post
Figure we should do this by votes. We'll do a point system where rank 1 = 10 points and rank 10 = 1 point. I'll update this post whenever someone posts their own rankings. The list is indeed for 1v1.

I'll start with my current perception of relative deck strength. This does not reflect what decks I like the best.

This is now updated with rankings by Mr._E, BRUZ, dh50, CCkAzE, Arqwart, TimeWarpSucks2HG, Draconarius, Janaxstrus, Soaked_As, icon9, monk 1410, blumarten, neosilk, drogo10, WilsonK, Ragnoraok, Selaphane, and MrWiggles49.

1. MM (172)
2. DW (169)
3. AG (167)
4. GoL (106)
5. Dimir (93)
6. Muldaya (86)
7. Firewave (76)
8. Slivers (78)
9. Garruk (65)
10. Dragons (32)

1. Avacyn's Glory (10)
2. Mind Maze (9)
3. Dead Walkers (8)
4. Chant of the Muldaya (7)
5. Masks of the Dimir (6)
6. Firewave (5)
7. Garruk (4)
8. GoL (3)
9. Slivers (2)
10. Dragons (1)
And before anyone asks, yes; this is what I truly believe.
Remember that most players are pretty bad, so hard decks to build/figure-out are typically built poorly. 

1. Dead Walkers (10)

2. Slivers (9)
3. Avacyn's Glory (8)
4. Guardians of light (7)
5. Enter the Dracomancer (6)
6. Mind Maze (5)
7. Masks of the Dimir (4)
8. Chant of the Mul daya (3)
9. Hunter's Strength  (2)
10. Firewave (1)

Is it safe to assume this ranking is for the 2 player meta only?
Is it safe to assume this ranking is for the 2 player meta only?

That was the assumption I was operating under.

I as well.

6. Mind Maze (5)

10. Firewave (1)

You have got to be joking. 

Thanks for your lists.

I suspect the top 3 will cement themselves as such, as will the bottom 2.

I can imagine 4-8 swapping the order frequently. 

6. Mind Maze (5)

10. Firewave (1)

Come at me brah! 

No, but seriously would you like me to explain?

6. Mind Maze (5)

10. Firewave (1)

Come at me brah! 

Yes.
I gotta hear this.   [/sipsbeer]

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

1. Mind Maze (10)
2. Avacyn's Glory (9)
3. Deadwalkers (8)
4. Masks of the Dimir (7)
5. Hunter's Strength (6)
6. Guardians of Light (5)
7. Chant of the Mul Daya (4)
8. Sliver Hive (3)
9. Firewave (2)
10. Enter the Dracomancer (1) 

That's according to my excel sheet based on current win percentages, only selecting "random deck" or being given random decks for the tournament. 
People need to label what this is about. Clearly, the bottom 6 are all very debateable in something like 2HG.
People need to label what this is about. Clearly, the bottom 6 are all very debateable in something like 2HG.

That's already been cleared up.

I don't want to type a long post on my phone, so i'll post my reasonings for my list in a few.
1. Mind Maze
2. Avacyn's Glory
3. Deadwalkers
4. Guardians of Light
5. Sliver Hive
6. Chant of the Mul'Daya
7. Firewave
8. Hunter's Strength
9. Masks of the Dimir
10. Enter the Dracomancer

I don't think I've played enough to draw strong conclusions... but I'm fairly confident of the following:

Top 2
-------
Mind Maze, Avacyn's Glory

Middle Tier(s)
-----------------
???

Worst
--------
Enter the Dracomancer

1. Mind Maze
2. Avacyn's Glory
3. Deadwalkers
4. Guardians of Light
5. Hunter's Strength
6. Masks of the Dimir
7. Chant of the Mul Daya
8. Sliver Hive
9. Firewave
10. Enter the Dracomancer

Tier lists, to the extent they make sense at all, are generally only for 1v1.  They don't make a lot of sense for 2HG, since how good a deck is greatly depends upon what it's paired with and there are so many deck combinations that a comprehensive list for 2HG is impractical.
1. Deadwalkers (edges out the top spot by having the most, and best, removal and recursion)
2. Mind Maze (slightly trumps AG by having more Hexproof, more Flying, more control... just more)
3. Avacyn's Glory
4. Firewave (must be fully unlocked, and usually wrecks the top 3, but can have trouble with others, so overall isn't itself top 3)
5. Chant of the Mul Daya (Green focused with only Artisans, Conscription and All is Dust for Eldrazi spells)
6. Guardians of Light (if it had some kind of ways to ensure it draws creatures, it would be top 3)
7. Sliver Hive (not very flexible, can get locked out by too many decks)
8. Hunter's Strength (not enough creatures, and they're not quite good enough)
9. Enter the Dracomancer (just not consistent enough, but still the best Dragon deck since the first Duels)

Wild Card: Masks of the Dimir - really can't be tiered, as it can be built and can draw in ways that would make it much better than every other deck, and can also be built and get draws that would make it much worse)
1. Deadwalkers (edges out the top spot by having the most, and best, removal and recursion)
2. Mind Maze (slightly trumps AG by having more Hexproof, more Flying, more control... just more)
3. Avacyn's Glory
4. Firewave (must be fully unlocked, and usually wrecks the top 3, but can have trouble with others, so overall isn't itself top 3)
5. Chant of the Mul Daya (Green focused with only Artisans, Conscription and All is Dust for Eldrazi spells)
6. Guardians of Light (if it had some kind of ways to ensure it draws creatures, it would be top 3)
7. Sliver Hive (not very flexible, can get locked out by too many decks)
8. Hunter's Strength (not enough creatures, and they're not quite good enough)
9. Enter the Dracomancer (just not consistent enough, but still the best Dragon deck since the first Duels)

Wild Card: Masks of the Dimir - really can't be tiered, as it can be built and can draw in ways that would make it much better than every other deck, and can also be built and get draws that would make it much worse)

I may have to agree with you on the top spot. The night I took it out for 20 something odd games I beat all of the decks at least once.
What stopped me was MMz.
When I play it it seems too powerful while zombies take a pinch of thought to be ultra efficient so I've had the top spot teetering between the two.
Screw AG.
I'll stomp it anytime with DW.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

1. Deadwalkers
2. Mind Maze
3. Guardians of Light
4. Avacyn's Glory
5. Firewave
6. Hunters Strength
7. Masks of the Dimir 
8. Sliver Hive
9. Chant of the Mul Daya
10. Enter the Dracomancer

That is my opinion on 1 vs 1 with most at the bottom being to slow. 2HG a different story where speed is not as big a deal.
1. Avacyn's Glory (10 pts)
2. Deadwalkers (9 pts)
3. Mind Maze (8 pts)
4. Chant of Mul Daya (7 pts)
5. Firewave (6 pts)
6. Masks of the Dimir (5 pts)
7. Sliver Hive (4 pts)
8. Guardians of Light (3 pts)
9. Hunter's Strength (2 pts)
10. Enter the Dracomancer (1 pt)

If I could put Avacyn and Deadwalkers tied for first, I would. Although I've put AG ahead, I don't think there's a lot seperating both decks; DW has more removal and recursion, but Avacyn isn't far behind on the removal and has other tricks to make up for the lack of recursion. Both are very good at turning just about any collection of cards into a winning position. Mind Maze is a little overdependent on the Lords, but if it gets them it can be damn near unstoppable. Chant and Firewave are both much better than I expected. Chant punishes slow starts from any deck with extreme prejudice, and is one of the few decks that can steal the game from the Big 3 if it survives the opening rush. Firewave just generates obscene amounts of damage out of absolutely nowhere on a very regular basis, enabling it to steal games it really has no business winning.

The bottom half of the field suffers from a lack of consistency more than anything. On a good day, Dimir, Slivers and GL can take any other deck on the field, but on a bad day they die in horrible, horrible fashion. GL and HS also suffer from having too many buffs and not enough good critters to put them on. EtD can't ramp as fast as CMD, and its early critters aren't as good as HS or GL, so its often left spinning its wheels trying to build up for a bomb while its army of chump blockers get slowly whittled down. Worse, since none of the early critters scream "KILL ME!", the enemy's removal gets saved for said bombs, so they've normally got a one-turn life expectancy. It might be the best Dragon deck we've ever had, but it's still a pretty terrible 1v1 deck.
Hmm... lots of love for Deadwalkers.   I should go back and re-evaluate it.  (My thoughts so far have been from the unlocking process whcih I'm just wrapping up now.  Gotta go back and test out with the full decks)

Hmm... lots of love for Deadwalkers.   I should go back and re-evaluate it.  (My thoughts so far have been from the unlocking process whcih I'm just wrapping up now.  Gotta go back and test out with the full decks)

Take this around the block and tell me what you think.

erdana; font-size:12px; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">

"Mind if I Kill You?"

A library for the Liliana 2014 deck (Deadwalkers)

60 Cards. 23 Lands (23).

erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid #191411; border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">
   cost  7 cards 
 Creature ■■ Diregraf Ghoul  2/2   
■■■ Gravecrawler  2/1   
 Spell  Reanimate   
 Vampiric Tutor   
   cost  11 cards 
 Creature ■■■ Black Cat  1/1   
■■ Butcher Ghoul  1/1   
■■ Walking Corpse  2/2   
 Spell ■■ Doom Blade   
■■ Sign in Blood   
   cost  7 cards 
 Creature  Death Baron  2/2   
 Fleshbag Marauder  3/1   
■■ Geralf's Messenger  3/2   
■■ Lord of the Undead  2/2   
 Spell  Grim Return   
   cost  10 cards 
 Creature  Liliana's Reaver  4/3   
■■ Undead Warchief  1/1   
 Spell  Consuming Vapors   
■■ Endless Ranks of the Dead   
 Grave Pact   
 Mutilate   
■■ Tendrils of Corruption   
   cost  2 cards 
 Creature  Mikaeus, the Unhallowed  5/5   
 Spell  Corrupt   

erdana; font-size:9px">Read about MysteriousMisterP's deck planner.
Open this library in the planner.

Sideboard (27 cards)
   2x Abattoir Ghoul
   1x Bloodghast
   1x Corrupt
   4x Cruel Revival
   1x Death Cloud
   1x Doom Blade
   1x Exhume
   1x Farbog Boneflinger
   1x Fleshbag Marauder
   1x Grave Betrayal
   1x Grave Titan
   2x Nightmare
   1x Quest for the Gravelord
   1x Rise of the Dark Realms
   1x Shrivel
   1x Soul Bleed
   3x Staff of the Death Magus
   1x Veilborn Ghoul
   1x Vial of Poison
   1x Zombie Apocalypse

Locked promos (10 cards)
   1x Avatar of Woe
   1x Death Cloud
   1x Demon of Death's Gate
   1x Grave Titan
   1x Graveborn Muse
   1x Gravespawn Sovereign
   1x Nightmare
   1x Reanimate
   1x Rise of the Dark Realms
   1x Undead Warchief

Show

Rankings are updated to this point

Surprised to see GoL starting to solidy at 4, and to see HS not too far behind the rest compared to dragons 
From Best to Worst

10 - Mind Maze
9 - Avacyn's Glory
8 - Deadwalkers
7 - Masks of Dimir
6 - Chant of Mul Daya
5 - Guardians of Light
4 - Firewave
3 - Sliver Hive
2 - Hunter's Strength
1 - Enter the Suckomancer 
1. Deadwalkers
2. Mind Maze
3. Avacyns Glory
4. Masks of the Dimir
5. Sliver Hive
6. Guardians of Light
7. Chant of the Mul Daya.
8. Hunters Strength
9. Enter the Dracomancer
10. Firewave 

Besides #2 and 3 this is mostly just my preference for playing as much as anything else. 

6. Mind Maze (5)

10. Firewave (1)

Come at me brah! 

Yes.
I gotta hear this.   [/sipsbeer]

I'll keep my thoughts limited to those three since you specified them.

First of all, Firewave is very low on my list because it's an inconsistent mess of a combo deck. It has no real game plan or win condition other than 'burn his face', which itself is not bad, but this deck doesn't do it well. It has no consistency at all, each game you don't know what your gonna get: too luck-based. Sure if you get the right early cards, the right combination of cards, and it's crowd control, like flamebreak flames of the fire-brand, then it does well. But you can't get all that in your starting hand, the deck NEEDS to draw well or lose. "needs more browbeat", "phoenix's", "burn", this is the most incoherent deck in 2014. maybe some get lucky more often; maybe some like rolling dice, but dimir is better at that (and more fun). 

Mind Maze in my eyes is ridiculously over-rated. It requires a select few cards to be in your starting hand to give you a strong chance at winning. You know what these cards are, lord of the unreal and phantasmal image. Say you don't get either of these cards in your starting hand, mulligan of course! Say you don't get one again... how far do you go down? (btw it is very fortunate we still get a free mulligan even though we can adjust our land now. They truly believe the majority of players suck, but even my 8 year old cousin picked up on land count strategies, when to mulligan, and what a good hand is. Whatever, enjoy the charity I guess.) Okay now say you do, the game is in your opponents hands. Did they get removal, or did the not. The decks only late game reach are the unblockable creatures. The decks only early and mid game board superiority involve the lords sticking and then maybe copying it. You do have a playset of said cards because the deck NEEDS to pull them. A deck that can only consistently win in one way is inconsistent, especially if said cards NEED to be in starting hand. I don't like auto loses because of a sub-par but playable hand. I can't believe that I haven't mentioned that this deck is the most herp derp deck in this format.

Enter the Dracomancer on the other hand can win in a variety of ways in one turn out of nowhere. There isn't much flying in this meta which helps this. It has versatile removal, and early game critters, but this deck is all about go big or go home. Play a dragon that has to be killed or it kills them. Again and again and again until there dead, which won't take long. The vice of the deck is that it is relatively slow in this meta. your many 1/1's will keep you alive longer then some may think- When you have enough of them player won't swing with fear of trading-, and the ones that live get devoured. Not everyone buys keys for all their decks, and that attributes to peoples view of many so-called low-tier decks. Others just can't build well?... idk. 

My magic win-loss spreadsheet for ETD. 3rd worst deck, but keep in mind it took ALOT of tweaking.

72.84%547My RecordOpponent's RecordFirewaveMasks of the DimirHunter's StrengthAvacyn's GloryMind MazeEnter the DracomancerDeadwalkersChant of the Mul DayaSliver HiveGuardians of Light

Enter the Dracomancer47.01%6342.11%1680.00%470.00%728.57%224.39%1070.00%1466.67%416.67%392.31%1262.50%533.33%2

Rankings are updated to this point

Surprised to see GoL starting to solidly at 4

It's great but MUST be fully unlocked to even be remotely competitive... soooo you know.

And that is the root of the problem. Many people have premature judgments on decks that they haven't really work on.

Wild Card: Masks of the Dimir - really can't be tiered, as it can be built and can draw in ways that would make it much better than every other deck, and can also be built and get draws that would make it much worse)

I would say the same for firewave; they are the two 'dice-roll' decks.

Tier lists, to the extent they make sense at all, are generally only for 1v1.  They don't make a lot of sense for 2HG, since how good a deck is greatly depends upon what it's paired with and there are so many deck combinations that a comprehensive list for 2HG is impractical.

This isn't true at all. Instead of a deck being number one on power of cards alone you rank on that AND on synergy with other decks. This is like saying it is not possible to rank doubles tennis or something. Not true at all. Different modes and different ways to approach how to rank them. I have a pretty definitive list for 2HG in mind that seems mostly par for the course.

On the other end Draco is a very decent 2HG deck ranked in the top 7 or so. Of course people all have different opinions. Just look at this thread lol. You honestly think this can't be done for 2HG. Nonsense. This thread alone proves people don't feel the same about 1v1 even. Slivers and Hunter's are probably the worst all arounders in 2HG though they can combo well at times. From there it gets tougher but the top 5 or so are pretty easy and only the 6-8 positions are tough to define in 2HG.

OP is current to this post.

1) Deadwalkers (10)  /auto-pilot deck iwth more removal than you can throw a stick at
2) Mind Maze (9)  /auto-pilot, will take down DW consistently, and will stomp on any other deck
2) Avacyn's Glory (9)  /see MM

4) Guardians of Light (7)  /One creature to kill them all. Prone to bad draws but any creature will become an unremovable gamewinning force
5) Hunter's Strength (6)  /not as fast as the top 3, but once it gets up to speed it brings some serious hurt to the field. many times dependant ondrawing Overrun or stampede for he kill)
6) Sliver Hive (5)  /more speed than HS, but can lack a finisher. Vulnerable to any removal
6) Enter the Dracomancer (5)  /lots of food/chumps. Dragonspeaker and Crucible of fire means devastation for any deck, Form of the dragon will lose the game to DW and FW

8) Chant of the Mul Daya (3)  /Superb ramp, but lack of speed means it can easily lose to top 3 in 3-4 turns, and any other deck by T5. Empath remedies this somewhat). Fun deck that will make any opponent quit once the Eldrazi hits the table - Personal fave
9) Firewave (2)  /Seem to lack good answers to pretty much any other deck except AG, feels weak overall
10) Masks of the Dimir (1)  /underpowered in a aggro meta like this. Potential for some very nasty combos (infinite ones too), but they're too conditional

1. Avacyn's Glory (10) - Great removal, cheap threats, lots of synergy
2. Dead Walkers (9) - better removal than AG but overall not as good of a curve as AG
3. Mind Maze (8) - Very strong dead, threats are a bit vunerable without Lord though
4. Guardians of light (7) - I think they finally got this deck right. Can be aggressive and has strong enchantments
5. Firewave (6) - A weaker deck but in this slot for its ability to play well against the top 3
6. Chant of the Mul daya (5) - Consistent deck but can lose to fast draws
7. Slivers (4) - Amazing if you curve out but regularly stumbles
8. Hunter's Strength  (3) - Consistent with a good curve, just lacks removal and tricks
9. Enter the Dracomancer (2) - this deck is very slow and can stumble on mana
10. Masks of the Dimir (1) - Dual colour with minimal fixing, poor removal and no real threats
These are for 1v1

1. Mind Maze (10) - Low curve build is very strong. Very consistent due to full playsets of core cards.
2. Deadwalkers (9) - A nice, all-around strong mix.
3. Avacyn's Glory (7) - A bit overrated IMO, dependent on key cards.
4. Hunter's Strength (7) - Aggro build can stomp, needs a good first draw.
5. Masks of the Dimir (7) - Coinflip deck against others than top 2 (yes, including AG). Very inconsistent, no playsets, random wtf cards in pool.
6. Firewave (7) - Seems to be B/E vs most.
7. Guardians of Light (7) - Strong now, Greater Auramancy will be tilting once it's available.
8. Sliver Hive (6) - Great returning concept, bad cardpool. Tribal wars pt. 123456.
9. Chant of the Mul Daya (5) - Fairly consistent, crushed by any hard removal.
10. Enter the Dracomancer (3) - Nice concept, gets crushed in this format. Needs dual lands.

This year blue doesn't feel blue, red doesn't feel red and every deck except Dimir and Draco is boring. Hoping for more variety in the DLCs.
1. Avacyn's Glory
2. Deadwalkers
3. Mind Maze
4. Guardians of Light
5. Firewave
6. Masks of the Dimir
7. Sliver Hive
8. Chant of the Mul Daya
9. Hunter's Strength
10. Enter the Dracomancer

Based on my XLS sheet, after only 123 1v1 matches.

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Still haven't played enough games to really have confidence in how some of the decks rank but so far I'd say:

1.  MM
2. DW
3. AG
4. FW
5. MD
6. SH
7. CMD
8. GOL
9. HS
10. ETD

This is ranked from best (1) to worst (10) obviously (I hope).   Just so there is no confusion with the points assigned.
I'm surprised that Chant of the Mulduya is so low. I've honestly been having a lot of success with it. Although, I have been asking the opponents I play to refrain from using Dead Walkers, Mind Maze or Avacyn's Glory. Perhaps that's why. 

But I do believe there is something to be said about a deck that can consistently perform well, removed from the threat of top 3 competition. 
10 - Deadwalkers
- Never ending creature-draw
- Plentiful hard control
- Low mana curve + flexibility to play it super-aggro, aggro-control/resummon or control.
- Very nicely designed deck with only a few questionable card, nice rewarding gimmicks.
- No glaring weaknesses. 

9 - Mind Maze
- Pretty much on par with deadwalkers aside from its lack of draw and resummon power.
- Superior flyers and unblockables + Lords. 
- Overly dependent on lords-images mid-late game to break out of a stall. 
- Equally flexible with just as low a mana curve, can change cards for alternative playstyles. 

8 - Avacyn's Glory
- Amazing synergy early game with good late game cards. 
- Most powerful deck turn 1- 5, lots of high-priority targets that get bigger / make everything bigger / remove threats.
- Lack of draw makes it lose its lustre later on, but top-decking a win is possible due to the amount of good-great cards. (Looking at you Baneslayer) 
- If mass removal / mass spell damage comes in the expansion, this deck will fall harder than DW and MM. 

7 - Guardians Of Light
- Much more fun than the Aura deck in the last version.
- Once its draw/aura combos can be set up, its VERY powerful. In my opinion, the most powerful deck past turn 5 in optimal situations. 
- Depends a lot on your starting draw, particularly in the first few turns. Prone to removal if draw combo is not set up (early game). 

6 - Mask of the Dimir (My Fave)
- Depends A LOT on the draw, due to single card nature of most higher cost cards. 
- The right card coming along in the right moment would turn any battle around in a heartbeat, making it impossible to predict as well. 
- Synergy of cards is flukey - A great card becomes a dead card later on, and vice-versa. Sequence of draw is very important. 
- Gets more and more powerful the later the game goes, due to draw capabilities.
- Total randomness. Can beat the best deck, can lose to the worst deck. Mana screw is pretty prevalent early game. 

5 - Chant Of The Mul Daya (Dependent on draw, luck plays heavily here, but when everything falls into place, it is VERY powerful.)
4 - Sliver Hive (Too random, too dependent on land draw. Requires good opening hand, lack of draw.) 
3* - Firewave (All over the place, I don't even know what its main gimmick is. Suffers from the issues facing MotD, but with slightly weaker late game play.)
2 - Hunter's Strength (I've lost to the AI a bunch owning to Enlarge on T4, Stampede on T5s. Depends on too many cards at the right place right time though.) 
1 - Enter The Dracomancer (Plays like Chant, with weaker creatures, not-as-good ramp, with not as satisfying end-creatures. Blue have their flyers, B/W can remove them.)

Firewave is the one I'm having a hard time placing. So feel free to disagree with me on that. Can be as high as 5, as low as 2. 

10. Masks of the Dimir (1) - Dual colour with minimal fixing, poor removal and no real threats

Agree with your first two points, disagree with the last. Even a guildmage becomes a high priority target past turn 4. 

Based on your reasoning, it should be at least a 8 since both Sliver and Dracomancer are far worst off in the logic you stated above. Dimir is also the only one in your bottom four decks that can recover from a stumble / mana-screw easily due to its ability and cards to draw.  
Bruz, thanks for your explanation.
Unlike most here I was unlocked and cut from day one and have played very strong FW games.
I've had a lot of opportunity to play these decks without all the crap filler they put it.

Show

1. Mind Maze
-Has great control cards like Claustrophobia, great cheap powerful monsters with cheap mana curve, and the best counters

2. Deadwalkers
-Has a ton of removals, plus has a lot of good endgame cards which revives all creatures

3. Avacyn Glory
-Has a really good early game and great endgame. The only downside is that you have to choose whether to build an angel eccentric deck or human eccentric deck, because going halfway will cause the deck to be inconsistent.

4. Masks of Dimir
-An amazingly effective deck with strong fliers and decent discarding. Considering how poorly designed this deck is, it really is powerful. Also, this deck is amazing at punishing opponents' mistake.

5. Chant of Dul Maya
-Another really powerful deck. Able to summon extremely powerful monsters, and has the best removal in the game, All is Dust. Its glaring flaw is if you do not draw Tangle or All is Dust early on, then the aggro decks will annihilate CoDM.

6. Guardians of Light
-A decent deck that is effective at powering up monsters. However, it is very inconsistent

7. Hunter's strength
-The worst designed deck in this game hands down. A ton of multiple copies of cards such as 4 Rancor, 4 Prey Upon, but only 1 Predator Ooze, 1 Savage Summoning and only 1 Master of the Wild Hunt. The only way to play this successfully is by using aggro. However, with no hexproof creatures and only 1 indestructible creature, then this deck flops hard. The creatures are woefully weak such as the 2 Regal Force. On top of that, the deck even has power creep cards such as 2 Oakenform but only 1 Elephant Guide. Still, if you can manage to get past the removals, then it is possible to catch an overzealous opponent and ROFL stomp over them in 1 turn.

8. Firewave
-A decent deck which does will only with a good hand. The lack of removals and weak creatures makes this deck only viable as playing burn.

8. Enter the Dracomancer
-A deck good in theory, but fails hard due to its over reliance on devouring, essentially giving card advantage to the opponent, especially if you devoured your entire field only to have that 1 monster removed next turn.

10. Sliver Hive
-IMO, this deck is a pure luck deck. It has no fliers, only 2 removals and is dependent on drawing slivers consistently as well as the right mana. Removals destroy this deck easily.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Overall list is up to date to this post.

Starting to see separations. I'm surprised to see AG fall under the other 2 aggro decks - it has so much removal and potentially bombs at every land drop - I speculate that people just play against AG so often that it's become easier to predict than the other 2 decks.

Also surprised to see FW that low - the deck isn't nuts on synergy like the rest but it doesn't have to be. I think it is very effective at getting player damage through quickly as well as keeping opposing forces to low numbers. 
Sign In to post comments