Creating Backgrounds

One thing in the playtest packet that I thought was pretty cool: the fact that the backgrounds are just listed as "samples," which really seems to encourage players to make up entirely new backgrounds for their characters. In the game I just started running, one of my players was hard pressed to find a background that she liked for her barbarian. Rather than taking one that didn't seem to fit, we came up with this...

Mercenary  
Years of trading on your skills in battle has earned you a substanitial amount of gold and a reputation as someone who always get the job done. You are tough, fearless and dependable.  Once a contract has been accepted, the anticipation is that either your foes will end up laying dead at your feet, or else you will be dead at their's. The type of mercenary you are is entirely up to you. Do you fight only for a particular cause, or are your enemies determined entirely by the whoever has the deepest purse?

Trait - Tough Reputation: Everywhere you travel, those who have need of services will have heard of you. You are renowned for your combat abilities, and loyal once you have been paid. Because of this, offers of employment are never hard to find, and you automatically command a higher wage when offered coin for your services - there is no question as to your value.

We didn't make up any suggested skills or equipment, as she prefered to pick her own. But now I'm curious: what other backgrounds have people made up? I'd like to hear what sort of creative ideas have sprouted up in different games! 

-BadMike 
A-Team theme now stuck in my head . . . 
A few packets back I came up with a Street Urchin background. Don't have the full writeup, but it's a nice concept to round things out.
One thing in the playtest packet that I thought was pretty cool: the fact that the backgrounds are just listed as "samples," which really seems to encourage players to make up entirely new backgrounds for their characters. In the game I just started running, one of my players was hard pressed to find a background that she liked for her barbarian. Rather than taking one that didn't seem to fit, we came up with this...

Mercenary  
Years of trading on your skills in battle has earned you a substanitial amount of gold and a reputation as someone who always get the job done. You are tough, fearless and dependable.  Once a contract has been accepted, the anticipation is that either your foes will end up laying dead at your feet, or else you will be dead at their's. The type of mercenary you are is entirely up to you. Do you fight only for a particular cause, or are your enemies determined entirely by the whoever has the deepest purse?

Trait - Tough Reputation: Everywhere you travel, those who have need of services will have heard of you. You are renowned for your combat abilities, and loyal once you have been paid. Because of this, offers of employment are never hard to find, and you automatically command a higher wage when offered coin for your services - there is no question as to your value.

Basically a soldier/Bounty hunter/thug combination. Okay, I'll finish it up.

Skills: Intimidate, gather rumors, spot, sense motive

Equipment: tattoo (of mercenary company),  traveler's clothes, bone dice, 40 gp.
Any ideas for more backgrounds that complement the "primal classes?" I'm tired of every Ranger, Barbarian, and Druid taking the Guide background.

(edited for clarity)
That's pretty crazy for a background.

I was thinking of hermit, but more something along the lines of,

Skills: Recall Lore (either "natural lore" or "religious lore") Administer First Aid, Sense Motive, Listen
Starting Equipment: Worn homemade robes, healer's kit, sacred object (moon cut mistletoe, stone or dried plant from an outer plane, or a saint's remains), loyal pet (any tiny animal below ___ xp has no special powers)
Trait: "Close to nature: Your oneness with nature makes you understand it more easily than others. When in wilderness settings you can pick up on subtle clues to get a general sense of the dangerousness of the area. Low level natural beasts are calmer when you are around and less prone to agitation towards you."
Primal Power backgrounds focused on environment, that would work pretty well for the Next style of backgrounds, especially for Rangers, Druids, and Barbarians. (Below is a work in progress)

Nomad of the Plains
Starting Equipment: Local dress, riding horse, riding equipment and tack, seven days worth of feed,
Trait: Long distance rider, while riding overland (not in combat) you can ride at 150% speed. In addition when identified as a member of your community you command respect amongst others who value horsebackriding.
Skills: Handle Animal, Spot, Recall Lore (natural lore), Ride

Mountain Dweller
Starting Equipment: Local Dress, Climbers kit, Food for seven days, Ancestor totem made from eagle feathers or red dragon horn.
Traits: Find mountain paths, you have an internal sense of the best way to navigate mountains. You can figure out general directions to areas most likely to be inhabited by civilizations, inhabited by beasts, or the site of ancient ruins. In addition you can find food for yourself and up to five other people in any natural setting that provides berries, small game, etc.
Skills: Climb, Balance, Jump, Recall Lore (natural lore)

Walker of the Frozen Wastes
Starting Equipment: Local Dress, Exotic Fur Winter clothing, Snow Shoes, ancestor totem carved from remorhaz or white dragon scale, knife made from meteor iron. Winter blanket, Dog sled, four dogs,
Traits: Winter Survival, you can go for twice as long as other people without food (but not water), you can create a shelter against mundane cold weather that houses six people. In addition you are always aware of which direction is north.
Skills: Listen, Balance, Climb, Drive

Desert Tribesperson
Starting Equipment: Local Dress, Tent, waterskin, ancestor totem made from bulette hide or blue dragon horn,  
Traits: Heat Survival, you can go for twice as long as other people without food (but not water), you can create a shelter against mundane hot weather that houses six people. In addition you are always aware of which direction is north
Skills: Spot, Perform, Sense Motive, Recall Lore (natural lore)

Forest Keeper
Starting Equipment: Local dress, ancestor totem made from owlbear feathers or green dragon scale
Skills: Listen, Climb, Sneak, Recall Lore (natural lore)

One of the Riverfolk
Starting Equipment: Local dress, ancestor totem made from catoblpas hide or black dragon bone, 
Skills: Balance, Drive, Swim, Recall Lore (natural lore)

sorry, I meant backgrounds for the "primal" classes. I feel like Rangers, Barbarians, and Druids only have Guide to pick from if they want to have the "classic" feel of those archetypes. (I guess you could have a Barbarian Jester . . . )

I liked generic tribesperson background, and contemplated that trait, I just wondered if you would really keep running into your own tribe. That seems much less likely than the knightly station or the noble background.