So here's the campaign I'm about to start. We're starting at level 4, setting is LFR. The DM has imposed the following restrictios:
- Only allowed material (powers, races, classes, etc) from the PHBs 1-3, Power books, 2 racial books, heroes of feywield/Elemental and Dungeon Survival, AVs, Mordenkainen's.
- Definitvely nothing from Dragon Magazines, Essentials stuff or settings books.
- Despite this, we are to use the online compendium errata'd versions of what we find in the allowed sources.
- Also, monsters will almost all be from the newer thougher variety from MM3, Vault and Demonomicon.
- Minions take two hits to kill unless one does 6/8/10+Lvl damage to them by tier.
- No rare items and no themes.
- The only enchanted items one can buy are vanilla magical items (+1 and so on) of his own level and below
- However one can instantly upgrade whatever magical items he has in his possession if he has the gold (no need to be in a store even)
- One can hand in a wishlist to be subject to DM fiat
- Level up occurs ever 4-6 sessions instead of being experience based.
Sounds like I'm heading towards a massacre! Any tips?