Otter Friday

11 posts / 0 new
Last post

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
who, squatting upon the ground,
held his heart in his hands, and ate of it.
I said, "is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter – bitter," he answered;
"but I like it,
"beacuase it is bitter,
"and because it is my heart."

So...
What happened with folding ideas? Why haven't you been updating us?  
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Eh, work stared blocking the forums, so I fell out of the habit of swinging by, and then I took a six month hiatus of laziness, and this that and whatever. Started making new episodes back in December, and I keep meaning to swing by, but, you know, laziness.

The last few months have been crazy, though. Had to move, twice, was displaced by a flood, laid off at work, moved to a new position in the company, quit the job 'cus it was sucking my soul out, and now I'm making a go at trying to do the video thing full time.

I'm actually going to be speaking at ConBravo (Hamilton, Ontario) in a couple weeks here. Super excited about that, actually, since I'll be on a Philosophy of Gaming panel with James Portnow from Extra Credits. Also been working closely with Lindsay Ellis (The Nostalgia Chick) and her entourage of awesome people on our own "channel" called Chez Apocalypse.

In the desert
"but I like it,
"beacuase it is bitter,

IM pretty sure that was a leaf, not an otter, of course I only watched it for like a minute before I lost interest, maybe the Otters come in later?
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
It was a stingray, and the otters come in ~1:45.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Eh, work stared blocking the forums, so I fell out of the habit of swinging by, and then I took a six month hiatus of laziness, and this that and whatever. Started making new episodes back in December, and I keep meaning to swing by, but, you know, laziness.

The last few months have been crazy, though. Had to move, twice, was displaced by a flood, laid off at work, moved to a new position in the company, quit the job 'cus it was sucking my soul out, and now I'm making a go at trying to do the video thing full time.

Dispaced by a flood? Well maybe next time you'll think about living in a submarine-house.

I'm actually going to be speaking at ConBravo (Hamilton, Ontario) in a couple weeks here. Super excited about that, actually, since I'll be on a Philosophy of Gaming panel with James Portnow from Extra Credits. Also been working closely with Lindsay Ellis (The Nostalgia Chick) and her entourage of awesome people on our own "channel" called Chez Apocalypse.

Hopefully that works out. Good luck. Now start linking Foldy!!!

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
IM pretty sure that was a leaf, not an otter, of course I only watched it for like a minute before I lost interest, maybe the Otters come in later?

It wouldn't be an Otter Friday video without otters, now would it? This one was a love story, but it was probably too deep for most of the cretins around here.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.

Okaaaaaaaaaay, this one gets to the otters much faster.

It looks like the last video I posted was Gamer, so since then I made

Postal (the Uwe Boll movie)
Source Code (with Jake Gyllenhall)
The "dark side" of Source Code
She's Out of Control (a Tony Danza movie that starts a 4-part "Man Media Movie Month")
Sam Witwicky (from Transformers, the gist of this being that movie producers seem to think teenage boys are all insecure, anti-social, entitled brats looking to get something for nothing, and judging by the >1 billion dollars the three films made, audiences agree)
300 (exploitation and objectification)
Homer Simpson
Video Games as Art
The Chronicles of Riddick (great trash)
Season 2 Summery and mashup gag
Earthsea and Adaptation Sickness (the start of Season 3)
Genre Mixing (follow up to Earthsea, mostly talking about John Dies at the End)
End of Evangelion and the Audience/Author Membrane
Follow-up to End of Eva
Otter Ideas (April Fools joke that's also a discussion of subversive humour)
The Last Airbender (M. Night Shyamalan is to blame)

As far as "displaced by a flood" is concerned, this is what my neighbourhood looked like three weeks ago:

I mean that quite literally, you can see my (old) apartment building in that picture.

In the desert
"but I like it,
"beacuase it is bitter,

Okaaaaaaaaaay, this one gets to the otters much faster.

It looks like the last video I posted was Gamer, so since then I made

Postal (the Uwe Boll movie)
Source Code (with Jake Gyllenhall)
The "dark side" of Source Code
She's Out of Control (a Tony Danza movie that starts a 4-part "Man Media Movie Month")
Sam Witwicky (from Transformers, the gist of this being that movie producers seem to think teenage boys are all insecure, anti-social, entitled brats looking to get something for nothing, and judging by the >1 billion dollars the three films made, audiences agree)
300 (exploitation and objectification)
Homer Simpson
Video Games as Art
The Chronicles of Riddick (great trash)
Season 2 Summery and mashup gag
Earthsea and Adaptation Sickness (the start of Season 3)
Genre Mixing (follow up to Earthsea, mostly talking about John Dies at the End)
End of Evangelion and the Audience/Author Membrane
Follow-up to End of Eva
Otter Ideas (April Fools joke that's also a discussion of subversive humour)
The Last Airbender (M. Night Shyamalan is to blame)

As far as "displaced by a flood" is concerned, this is what my neighbourhood looked like three weeks ago:

I mean that quite literally, you can see my (old) apartment building in that picture.

Yay! Otters!

And Postal actually looks like it might be an amusing movie, and its got Dave Foley in it, I love Dave Foley! Ive yet to see him in a bad movie so Im gonna have to check that out.

And damn! Yeah, that definitely looks flooded, that really sucks dude, but seems like things are looking up for you, so that cool.

I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

Yay! Otters!

And Postal actually looks like it might be an amusing movie, and its got Dave Foley in it, I love Dave Foley! Ive yet to see him in a bad movie so Im gonna have to check that out.

And damn! Yeah, that definitely looks flooded, that really sucks dude, but seems like things are looking up for you, so that cool.

Postal is... it's kinda worth a watch. It's special. Bad, but... special. It's easily Dave Foley's most depressing, shameful job ever, he phones it in, and he's still hilarious because he's Dave Foley.

In the desert
"but I like it,
"beacuase it is bitter,

Dave Foley does pwn.  I just watched 300 for the first time yesterday.  Er, well part of it.  Like, a very small part of it.  It was terrible.  Like, super awful.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]