Next Rogue Schemes

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wasn't really sure where to put this so hope this is the right place.

I was wondering if I could get feedback on this custom Rogue Scheme. Is it too powerful or would you approve it?

Spy
You exist in a world of shadow and intrigue. Your primary occupation is deception in an effort to gain information on your enemies, either as a representative of a nation or organisation, or for a fee. You prefer to talk your way out of a fight but if necessary will use subversive tactics to escape and fight another day.

Isolated Strike: Once on your turn when you make an attack, you can give yourself advantage on that attack roll if there are no creatures hostile to your target within 5 feet of it.

Skills: You gain the bluff and gather rumours skills.

Bonus Feats: You gain the Open Locks, Hide in Shadows and Superior Skill Training (Listen, Spot) feats as bonus feats.

Spy Mastery: When you make a Charisma check to bluff or a Dexterity check to sneak, roll an extra d6 and add the number rolled to the check.

Disclaimer: Wizards of the Coast is not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, sticking appendages in the mouth of a leering green devil face, accepting a dinner invitation from bugbears, storming the feast hall of a hill giant steading, angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

I think it should also have the Ride Horse feat. Otherwise, how will you know whether the character falls off his horse?

Other than that, you'll probably get more of a response on sub-forums dedicated to D&D Next discussion.

If I have to ask the GM for it, then I don't want it.

Spy:  You exist in a world of shadow and intrigue. Your primary occupation is deception in an effort to gain information on your enemies, either as a representative of a nation or organisation, or for a fee. You prefer to talk your way out of a fight but if necessary will use subversive tactics to escape and fight another day.

This is alright & cool.

Isolated Strike: Once on your turn when you make an attack, you can give yourself advantage on that attack roll if there are no creatures hostile to your target within 5 feet of it.
Hm.  I donno bout this one. 

Skills:
You gain the bluff and persuade skills.

This is cool.

Bonus Feats: You gain the Charming Presence, Open Locks, and Hide in Shadows feats as bonus feats.

This is cool.

Spy Mastery: When you make a Charisma check to bluff or a Dexterity check to sneak, roll an extra d6 and add the number rolled to the check.

1D6 to sneak check??? This is too Op IMO.  I would think 1D4 is huge enough.

Sign In to post comments