Session 4 Field Report

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
vobeskhan.wordpress.com/2013/07/11/dd-en...

Minimal combat, lots of roleplaying and a big helping of exploration on the side - this session served up a tasty combo that satisfied our groups gaming hunger just fine Laughing

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

Nice write up Vobeskhan. Looks like a fun session.

Our session did not go as I had planned. Like I said in the other thread, my players seem bent on smashing faces last night. They did a bit of exploring in the Manor and triggered one of the traps, but didn't venture to the east side of the house. They went out the back and noticed the stables and the light coming from inside. Doing well on sneaking up they were able to peer inside and see Barcero and his bodyguards. Once they got a look at the Protector zombies, they were decidedly set on ridding the land of their presence.  

The Dread Protectors died pretty quickly but the Shadar-Kai were a little more challenging. At one point one of the PC fighter got a little too close to the well after a double move in preparation for a spring attack on Barcero. The mage was ready for him though and did a dimension door and teleported right behind him. He then amazingly won a strength contest against the fighter to push him into the well. The Fighter failed his save and plummeted down. He was able to climb back out pretty quickly, but it was a great moment.

As the fight was winding down, with only the Shadar-kai remaining the action spilled into one of the Manor rooms and disturbed a residing Troll who was quite upset at the intrusion. This made the fight take quite a bit linger but was very exciting. One of the hands came off, although he reattached it right away, and towards the end, hi head came off. Realizing the Troll was still fighting, one of the PC's picked up the head and was going to throw it into the well. Doing so carelessly, the Troll got off a nasty bite on him in the process. At the same time, the troll's body landed a blind claw as well. It didn't take much more for them to finish him off after that though, puttng a Stinking Cloud into the well to make sure the head was dead. I'll give my players props for not meta-gaming and rolling their lore checks to see if they knew about fire or acid damage effects. They did not and they played it that way. This made for a great fight.

Even though Barcero had tried to talk to them, they didn't seem too interested, so I'm not sure what they are going to do next session with so little knowledge of what has really happened. They may have to lose precious time and go back to see Imanni. Oh well, the price of the hsty sword.

Great fun and thanks to Derek for inspiring the expansion of the encounter. Nice work. We all had a blast.
Nice write up Vobeskhan. Looks like a fun session....

Great fun and thanks to Derek for inspiring the expansion of the encounter. Nice work. We all had a blast.

Thanks Spykes, sounds like you guys had a blast too.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/