Optimisation help for Toshiro Hitsugaya (Warden|Sorcerer Hybrid)

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello,

This is my first build to go on the forums, and as such, I'd love to hear some feedback and fixes from
the community.

I first got the idea for this build after seeing this thread: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

And immediatly wanted to make my favorite Bleach character.

Also I immediatly knew he would be a Warden for the Winters Herald power.
But the wardens didn't have enough cold based powers, so hybrid/multiclass was the way to go.
Problem being that most classes with good synergy are martial/primal without acces to cold damage.

I almost gave up hope untill I came accross this build:community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

And so my build took shape. Here it is:
Show
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Toshiro Hitsugaya,
level 15 Human,
Sorcerer|Warden, Icewrought Sentinel
Sorcerous Power: Sorcerous Power Strength
Hybrid Warden: Hybrid Warden Fortitude
Hybrid Talent: Soul of the Sorcerer
Soul of the Sorcerer: Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Arcane Implement Proficiency: Arcane Implement Proficiency (heavy blade group)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Light Blade)
Human Power Selection: Bonus At-Will Power
Background: Akanûl (Akanûl Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 22,Con 14, Dex 12, Int 9, Wis 11, Cha 20.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 13, Dex 11, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 16.

AC: 28
Fort: 28
Reflex: 22
Will: 28

HP: 122 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 32

TRAINED SKILLS Endurance +16, Athletics +18, Diplomacy +17, Perception +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics +8, Arcana +6, Bluff +12, Dungeoneering +7, Heal +7, History +6, Insight +7, Intimidate +14, Nature +7, Religion +6, Stealth +8, Streetwise +12, Thievery +8

FEATS
Human: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard sword)
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Arcane Implement Proficiency
Level 4: Mark of Warding
Level 6: Wintertouched
Level 8: Unarmored Agility
Level 10: Versatile Expertise
Level 11: Lasting Frost
Level 12: Toughness
Level 14: Eyes in the Back of Your Head

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Earth Shield Strike
Hybrid at-will 1: Warden's Lunge
Hybrid at-will 1: Dragonfrost
Hybrid encounter 1: Ray of the Moon
Hybrid daily 1: Form of Winter's Herald
Hybrid utility 2: Dragonflame Mantle
Hybrid encounter 3: Earthgrasp Strike
Hybrid daily 5: Glacial Armor
Hybrid utility 6: Earthguard
Hybrid encounter 7: Blazing Bolts
Hybrid daily 9: Ice Stalagmites
Hybrid utility 10: Sudden Scales
Hybrid encounter 13: Icy Shards (replaces Earthgrasp Strike)
Hybrid daily 15: Ice Stalagmites (replaces Ice Stalagmites)

ITEMS Chill Wind Bastard sword +3, Battle Harness Githweave Armor +3, Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier), Winged Boots (paragon tier), Gloves of Missile Avoidance (paragon tier), Eagle Eye Goggles (paragon tier), Cloak of Distortion +3, Ring of Invigoration (paragon tier), Belt of Vigor (paragon tier), Tattoo of Arcane Blood (paragon tier), Ring of Fury (paragon tier)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

If you wish to see how the build synergises, see the Sorden Warchester link above, as he can explain all the fun better than I can.

I'm looking for a way to gain a fly speed that lasts an entire encounter that I can use at the same time as Winters Herald, for true Bankai representation. it can be an item or a power, I dont mind either. It would be great to be able to use it twice a day at level 20 as I get an extra Bankai/day in the guise of Icewrought Sentinal.

Also I left Blazing Bolts in the build, even though it isn't a cold power. But the Chillwind Bastard sword as an implement should change that.
If not, then I shall say it is the Hado#4: Byakurai (which is a lightning power)

Thanks in advance for your help

Hawke

Edit: If the fly speed could be used as a charge/part of a charge that would make me unbelievably happy...
Warden|Sorcerer Hybrid

Oh god WHAT? If you're wasting half your class and a couple feats JUST so that you can have that one cold-themed warden form, then you, sir, are a moron.

Just make a cold dragon sorcerer and use the new flying DB variant. Barely even a thing.
It's also worth noting Shaka vastly overstated the efficacy and usefulness and power of his builds.
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
"Just make a cold dragon sorcerer and use the new flying DB variant."

What exactly is this new variant? Must have missed an article somewhere.
Search the compendium for Kapak and Bozak.
I have to agree with Alraune that Form of the Winter's Herald doesn't seem to me to be worth building the whole thing around since warden is kind of awkward as a hybrid. Your primary synergy is defensive in nature, which doesn't really scream Hitsugaya in my mind. There's also the anticlimactic nature of being level 15 and using a level 1 daily as your awesome bankai.

I'd rethink the build, thinking first about how you see him fighting, then picking the class(es) that can reflect that kind of style, and only then choosing powers and refluffing them to fit.
If you're going to build around a single power, then build around Flame Spiral.
Not knowing the inspiration here, but I would hazard that the Blizzard Mage PP L20 daily would be a much more impactful surrounded by cold type thing.

As for flying, Winged Boots (L13) will give you a fly speed for the encounter. Higher levels bring a lot more options as well (Zephyr Boots give you a permanent flight in light armor).
Optimizing around Dailies is pointless.
Not sure if I agree. Taking Arcane Mastery as an epic wizard and hoarding action points counts as optimizing around dailies, right?
I'm assuming something in there allows you to use more than one AP per combat, otherwise what's the point in hoarding them?
Wizards aren't the topic here. And Wizard dailies are on a different level anyway, no matter if you apply a recharge mechanism, or not.
*Optimizing around Unique Daily powers that you have no means of recharging is pointless.

You can optimize around Warden Forms in general because you'll always be in one as soon as you get a turn, but optimizing an aspect of a single Form, like Walking Conflagration's vuln fire, is stupid because you're optimizing for 4 rounds per day. An EoE Daily Power affects fewer turns (4) than an EonT Encounter Power (6 turns in a 3 encounter day), and is forcing you to pick which encounter to affect; it's part of the issue with Daily Powers in general that their design and use isn't for "oh crap we screwed up, time to dig deep" but for "hey, lets make this encounter easier" which is often wasted by either being ineffectual (we're all concealed! but enemies all have bursts) or unnecessary (hmm, well that wasn't as hard as we thought).

Anyway, pretty much every Shinigami is a Warlock of some sort, even Zaraki fits (though I'd probably do Fighter|Barb for him). Kapak Sorc would also work for Hitsugaya though
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
Well I did have some good reasons behind my choice of class.

Firstly seeing as Toshiro hasn't truly mastered his bankai, he can only perform it for a set amount of time without resting. And he does have a defencive style of fighting, ice walls for protection and using ranged attacks, untill he sees an opening and charges in to finish them off.

Plus I was trying to make the build to be able to handle itself without FotWH in basic skirmishes, and pull out the Bankai for a big boss fight.

I did deliberate over the blizzard mage PP for a while, as both suit the build well, I eventually went for Icewrought Sentinel, to essentially say by epic he was getting better control over his bankai, and thus could use it once more per day.

While Shaka may overstate his builds when it comes to general use, my dm likes to have necromancers spawn hoards of minions and lesser enemies to surround us, hence why I decided it would be a good fit. Also why I chose the "Eyes in the back of my head" feat.

Yes I do see your points about how other builds may suit the job better, but apart from liking quirky hybrid builds, I'm working with a limited bag of tricks. not being able to afford the subscription any more means I'm left using the downloadable client, who's last update was october 2010.

I have the winged boots equipped onto the character, but on my sheet it says that its a daily item power, that lasts till the end of my turn. Then I float to the ground.

So, is there any suggestions on how to eek some more power from this build? possibly adding the flying without homebrewing a power?

I really want to use this build in my next game, as it is how I personally see Toshiro fitting into the class system.

Thanks again in advance for your help.

Hawke
Well I did have some good reasons behind my choice of class.

You had bad reasons and made a gimpy character as a result.
Look Alraune, if you aren't going to be constructive about it, then just stop posting on my thread. I came here for help on a class I built and want to play, and if you aren't going to respect that there are other opinions than yours, I don't want your narrow minded input.
I'll try to put it somewhat more nicely than Alraune: you're sacrificing effectiveness in the name of flavor.  Unless you have one of those DM's that comes down like a ton of rectangular building things on anyone who min/maxes, this is never a good trade.  Refluffing is always an option, and it arguably requires more creativity and imagination to refluff than it does to go with the default flavor.
Put it this way, the last true min/max I used was an Eladrin Swordmage|feylock/fighter with the fey touched PP.... It did not end well for me... I had to take on 4 solo brutes at once... Alone... But I managed to kill three before he decided to auto crit against me with a righteous rage / prophecy of doom combo....
And he does have a defencive style of fighting, ice walls for protection and using ranged attacks, untill he sees an opening and charges in to finish them off.

Yeah but it's a different kind of defensive. Wardens are tough and by nature are built to be right in the thick of things, more akin to someone like Kenpachi. Hitsuguaya's shields are more like the wizard Shield power, or the sorcerer/warlock ones that do the same thing. Swordmage's warding could also represent it well if you wanted it always-on, they are much more functional at range, and additionally they fit the whole shinigami concept much easier.

Warden also isn't real great for the charging in and finishing off part. None of your warden powers will be doing much damage, and none of them will be of use at range. So in short, they won't really be of much use ever. At the very least, consider that you could power swap FotWH onto another class through MC.

Plus I was trying to make the build to be able to handle itself without FotWH in basic skirmishes, and pull out the Bankai for a big boss fight.

But again, that's going to be totally anticlimactic because it's a fairly mediocre level 1 power that doesn't protect you with ice, attack from range, or do a whole lot to finish someone off. It doesn't fit how you imagine him to fight, and it's not going to make you any more effective than your non-bankai fights. It just has a cool description, which you could just as easily attach to any other power you wanted.

If you're not willing to change class, that's fine. But the build you've already found is probably going to be the best advice you'll get since it's unlikely anyone else can see past the wonkyness of this combo.
Put it this way, the last true min/max I used was an Eladrin Swordmage|feylock/fighter with the fey touched PP.... It did not end well for me... I had to take on 4 solo brutes at once... Alone... But I managed to kill three before he decided to auto crit against me with a righteous rage / prophecy of doom combo....

Using something that 1. was considered stupidly overpowered by literally everyone and 2. was actually cheating in how it worked (assuming you played the 3 MBA on charge feycharger) and then comparing it to something that's ... not even baseline optimized is not a fair comparison.

You came here with a Character Concept you created a build for, and wanted help, we're telling you that the build is bad but the Concept is fine and can work numerous effective ways. It's a common misconception about CharOp, what you asked was "I'd love to hear some feedback and fixes from the community." but what you apparently meant was "I've already made my decision, but I still want the experts to tell me they like it or provide minor fixes in power, item, or feat choice that I can ignore just so I can be assured that I'm making the right decision; and I absolutely do not want to be told that my build is neither good nor actually fits the character concept"

But that's fine, we're still going to tell you that, because to do otherwise would be intellectually dishonest.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
Yeah you're comparing apples to...giraffes. It's not even in the same zip code.
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
Yeah you're comparing apples to...giraffes. It's not even in the same zip code.

I dunno, I've met some pretty tall, leggy apples....

Fair enough, I concede that I am a little (read as Very) stubborn, but I know when to give up on a sinking ship.

So what sort of build would you suggest for making Hitsugaya? Please be mindful that I only have access to resources up to october 2010...

Sorry for being a bit of a dick.

Hawke    
Pick a solid but otherwise arbitrary build and refluff.

The classes that seem to lean towards shinigami to me would include avenger, warlock, swordmage, and sorcerer. Maybe wizard. Another option would be the eladrin Blink Knight, shunpo'ing all over the place. Swordlock is probably the most op-friendly candidate, but might have some trouble with flight.
Just throwing an idea out there, but what about a Swordmage/Wizard Hybrid (neither class loses much via hybrid), and it seems like you are starting in Paragon, you use Arcane Admixture to make Swordburst a cold power to fit the theme you are looking for, plus perhaps take advantage of some of the cold optimization package, while also wiping out those pesky minions. 

I don't know your reference, but from your descriptions a genasi int/con shielding swordmage/wizard hybrid may work nicely. The build is a bit MAD (you really want 13 STR and 13 DEX for Warding in addition to INT being your main stat and CON being secondary).  White Lotus Riposte is also a nice way to just add on more damage (though I'd stay away from WLMR, since you have so many immediate actions already).

EDIT: At least in this build, you get access to Wizard dailies (never a bad thing), and there are plenty of cold damage options (and there are plenty of builds on charop that optimized the hell out of Swordburst, just look them up). Between being able to create mini-explosions on your turn and protect your allies from afar, with the occasional dropping of an encounter-killing daily, it just may fit. 
or be a real flying dragon that breathes ice - frost rebreathing draconian sorc. be warned though, your DM might slap you.

The classes that seem to lean towards shinigami to me would include avenger, warlock, swordmage, and sorcerer. Maybe wizard. Another option would be the eladrin Blink Knight, shunpo'ing all over the place. Swordlock is probably the most op-friendly candidate, but might have some trouble with flight.

You raaaaang (sig for the Blinker Knight, although it's a somewhat out of date build, lacking as it does Eladrin Ringmail and Fey Shift.  And in practice, hammers are waaaay more useful in Epic.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Bankai is practically an encounter power once you get sufficiently far on in the story.

But anyhow, here's a reasonably functional build which gets most of the flavor, while building around a worthwhile power.

Human, Dragonsoul Sorcerer/Adroit Explorer
Theme: Windlord
Starting Stats: Str 16, Con 11, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16 (+2).  Level-ups go into Str and Cha,
so your final stats at level 15 would be: Str 20, Con 12, Dex 14, Int 11, Wis 9, Cha 22.

Feats:
H: Mastery of Knives
01 Unarmored Agility
02 Versatile Expertise
04 Improved Defenses
06 Defender of the Wild
08 Acolyte Power (Warden's Tempest U2)
10 Wintertouched
11 Lasting Frost
12 Icy Heart
14 Dual Implement Spellcaster

Powers as of level 15:
Human: Heroic Effort
Theme: Wind Fury Assault
At-Wills:  Acid Orb, Ensorcelled Blade
Encounters: Flame Spiral x2 (due to Adroit Explorer), Lightning Cuts, Chains of Fire
Dailies: Slaad's Gambit, Thunder Leap, Lightning Daggers
Utilities: Warden's Tempest (Warden U2, swapped via Acolyte Power), Sudden Scales, Wind Step, Destined for Greatness (Adroit Explorer U12)

Items:
Frost Weapon
Shard of Merciless Cold
Gloves of Ice
Shimmering Armor
Amulet of Protection
Iron Armbands of Power

This build isn't the absolutely most optimized, but it has its virtues.  I picked Windlord for the theme to give him some flight, and because you can use Wind Fury Assault when you AP after you Flame Spiral to trigger an extra instance of damage.  That was also why I had him MC Warden and Acolyte Power swap for Warden's Tempest; it's a slide when for when your Flame Spiral is on.  When you get to level 16, you'll have an extra AP to play with.

Mastery of Knives gives you an extra point or two of damage on your weapon attacks (Ensorcelled Blade, Lightning Cuts, Wind Fury Assault) at the cost of a point of accuracy on your implement attacks.  If you don't like that, feel free to switch it for Superior Implement Training (Accurate Dagger).
Sorry for the long reply delay, but after the Dragon Sorcerer recommendation, I went away and built this with the resources at my disposal:

Show
Tōshirō Hitsugaya,
level 15 Human,
Sorcerer,Blizzard Mage
Build: Dragon Sorcerer
Spell Source: Dragon Magic
Dragon Soul: Dragon Soul Cold
Pact Initiate: Pact Initiate (fey pact)
Background: Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 11, Dex 13, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 22.
STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 10, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 16.

AC: 27 Fort: 27 Reflex: 23 Will: 31
HP: 114 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 30

TRAINED SKILLS
Intimidate +20, Arcana +12, Diplomacy +18, Athletics +17, Bluff +18, Streetwise +18
UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +8, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +9, Heal +7, History +7, Insight +7, Nature +7, Perception +7, Religion +7, Stealth +8, Thievery +8

FEATS
Level 1: Pact Initiate
Level 4: Unarmored Agility
Level 8: Novice Power
Level 12: Adept Power
Level 14: Toughness

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Dragonfrost
Sorcerer at-will 1: Energy Strobe
Sorcerer at-will 1: Acid Orb
Sorcerer encounter 1: Frostbind
Sorcerer daily 1: Ice Javelins
Sorcerer utility 2: Sorcerous Sirocco
Sorcerer encounter 3: Ice Dragon's Teeth
Sorcerer daily 5: Glacial Armor
Sorcerer utility 6: Energetic Flight
Sorcerer encounter 7: Rimestorm (retrained to Hands of Ihbar at Novice Power)
Sorcerer daily 9: Ice Stalagmites (retrained to Curse of the Black Frost at Adept Power)
Sorcerer utility 10: Narrow Escape
Sorcerer encounter 13: Downbeat of Wings (replaces Frostbind)
Sorcerer daily 15: Frost Eddies (replaces Ice Javelins)

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Chill Wind Bastard sword +3, Shadowdance Githweave Armor +3, Eagle Eye Goggles (paragon tier), Amulet of Protection +4, Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier), Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Ring of Invigoration (paragon tier), Ring of Fury (paragon tier), Belt of Vigor (paragon tier), Winged Boots (paragon tier)

I am still not getting encounter-long flight, but I have 3 uses with Sorcerous Siroco, Energetic Flight and Winged Boots.

I multiclassed into Warlock, hoping I could find a way to Power Swap on of my At-Wills for Eldritch Strike, but it looks like if I want that too, I'd need to hybrid.

Unless you guys have any suggesions?   
Just take a Frost Weapon and stop grabbing bad ice powers just because they have the right keyword. An Iced Flame Spiral is drastically better than any of your alternatives, and the weapon gives it the right keyword so it's still a Cold power in the end anyway.
Sorry for the long reply delay, but after the Dragon Sorcerer recommendation, I went away and built this with the resources at my disposal:

Show
Tōshirō Hitsugaya,
level 15 Human,
Sorcerer,Blizzard Mage
Pact Initiate: Pact Initiate (fey pact)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 11, Dex 13, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 22.
STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 10, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 16.

TRAINED SKILLS
Intimidate +20, Arcana +12, Diplomacy +18, Athletics +17, Bluff +18, Streetwise +18
UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +8, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +9, Heal +7, History +7, Insight +7, Nature +7, Perception +7, Religion +7, Stealth +8, Thievery +8

FEATS
Level 4: Unarmored Agility

POWERS
Sorcerer at-will 1: Energy Strobe
Sorcerer encounter 3: Ice Dragon's Teeth
Sorcerer daily 9: Ice Stalagmites (retrained to Curse of the Black Frost at Adept Power)

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Chill Wind Bastard sword +3, Shadowdance Githweave Armor +3, Eagle Eye Goggles (paragon tier), Amulet of Protection +4, Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier), Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Ring of Invigoration (paragon tier), Ring of Fury (paragon tier), Belt of Vigor (paragon tier), Winged Boots (paragon tier)

I am still not getting encounter-long flight, but I have 3 uses with Sorcerous Siroco, Energetic Flight and Winged Boots.

I multiclassed into Warlock, hoping I could find a way to Power Swap on of my At-Wills for Eldritch Strike, but it looks like if I want that too, I'd need to hybrid.

Unless you guys have any suggesions?   

Sorcerers should not be wielding bastard swords.  One of the reasons I picked the Katar is that, with Mastery of Knives, it counts as a dagger for all your powers and can be reasonably refluffed into something sword-like.  With a Frost weapon, you don't have to pick natively cold powers; all your powers can be cold, so you can pick the best ones regardless of their native energy type.  And Flame Spiral really is the best.

Other problems with your build: you picked three ranged attack powers for your at-wills.  Even if you don't take Heroic Effort instead of the third at-will (which you should, because at your level, you won't be using at-wills other than basic attacks very often; most encounters will be pretty much over by the time you run out of encounter powers), you should have a variety of different attacks as your at-wills.  Only one should be a ranged attack; the others should be a melee attack and a close or area attack.  So if you insist on having three at-wills, they should be Acid Orb (your ranged basic attack), Ensorcelled Blade (your melee basic attack), and Burning Spray (your close attack, which has a nice rider for Dragon Sorcerers).

If you really want Eldritch Strike on a Sorcerer build, you'd have to either Paragon Multiclass Warlock and/or play a Half-Elf with Versatile Master.  I'd recommend the Half-Elf option, actually.
Yeah, I did wonder why you had picked knives. I was working off a post that I read a while ago that said for refluffing the bastard sword was the standard weapon of choice to represent a katana, due to the hit die and versatile option. (I haven't checked but I don't think that the katar does versatile)
As for the powers, I wasn't just picking them for already having the cold keyword, a few of them were to take advantage of the slow/immobilise riders they have (eg. Hands of Ihbar, Curse of the Black Forest, Frost Eddies) and the rest were picked because I honestly didn't notice a better alternative for the level, I keep forgetting that you can pick powers lower than your level.
Also as a human I only have access to the bonus at will option, (explained in earlier post that I do not have access to an up to date ddi, an am using the downloaded version which only goes to October 2010 in terms of resources)
Also regarding the at wills, I notice I have accidentally selected energy strobe instead of chaos bolt, as I was attempting to have a power to target each NAD, seeing as 'Shiro likes to fight at a distance I didn't think it would matter, that and with the Shadow Dancer Armour, my ranged and area attacks do not provoke OA's.
I'll get back to you in a couple of hours with another amended build.
OK, it took a while due to having my time eaten up by work and my daughter, but here it is, the ammended build:
Show
Toshiro Hitsugaya,
level 15 Human,
Sorcerer, Blizzard Mage
Pact Initiate: Pact Initiate (star pact)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 14, Dex 9, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 22.
STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 13, Dex 8, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 16.

TRAINED SKILLS
UNTRAINED SKILLS

FEATS Human: Mastery of Knives
Level 2: Vicious Advantage
Level 4: Unarmored Agility

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Burning Spray
Sorcerer at-will 1: Ensorcelled Blade
Sorcerer encounter 3: Flame Spiral

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Shadowdance Githweave Armor +3, Eagle Eye Goggles (paragon tier), Amulet of Protection +4, Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier), Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Ring of Invigoration (paragon tier), Ring of Fury (paragon tier), Belt of Vigor (paragon tier), Winged Boots (paragon tier), Frost Katar +3

I took your advice and went for mastery of knives, which meant I had to lose the chillwind enchantment and it's 9d6 + 10 ongoing cold critical damage and it's 15 fire resist boosts.

Also seeing as I had the level 2 feat slot freed up, I went with a one that allowed me CA through slow/immobilise incase I come up against something that my cold combo cannot overcome, or for my other team mates use their slow immobilise powers so I gain CA on my first hit rather than second.

Swapped pact from fey to star to gain the rider effect from Hands of Ihbar, seeing as I had no other powers with pact riders, so it can now reduce cold resistances.
This ment I had to swap the stats round a little for to be able to use the star pact power I gain through the multiclass.

Added flame spiral, and swapped my at wills for the recomended ones.

I'm guessing there isn't a feat to treat light blades as heavy ones for enchantment purposes is there? lol.

Sow how's it looking now?

To compare here is the Bastard sword build with the powers fixed:

Show
Tōshirō Hitsugaya,
level 15 Human,
Sorcerer, Blizzard Mage

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 27 Fort: 27 Reflex: 23 Will: 31 HP: 114 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 30

TRAINED SKILLS Intimidate +20, Arcana +12, Diplomacy +18, Athletics +17, Bluff +18, Streetwise +18

UNTRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics +8, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +9, Heal +7, History +7, Insight +7, Nature +7, Perception +7, Religion +7, Stealth +8, Thievery +8

FEATS

POWERS
Sorcerer at-will 1: Chaos Bolt
Sorcerer encounter 1: Frostbind Sorcerer
daily 1: Ice Javelins

ITEMS Adventurer's Kit, Chill Wind Bastard sword +3, Shadowdance Githweave Armor +3, Eagle Eye Goggles (paragon tier), Amulet of Protection +4, Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier), Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Ring of Invigoration (paragon tier), Ring of Fury (paragon tier), Belt of Vigor (paragon tier), Winged Boots (paragon tier)

As you can see I fixed the at will NAD targeting, swapped the pact and powers and stats to match the new pact. 
OK, it took a while due to having my time eaten up by work and my daughter, but here it is, the ammended build:
Show
Toshiro Hitsugaya,
level 15 Human,
Sorcerer, Blizzard Mage

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STARTING ABILITY SCORES

TRAINED SKILLS
UNTRAINED SKILLS

FEATS Human: Mastery of Knives
Level 2: Vicious Advantage

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Burning Spray
Sorcerer at-will 1: Ensorcelled Blade

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Shadowdance Githweave Armor +3, Eagle Eye Goggles (paragon tier), Amulet of Protection +4, Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier), Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Ring of Invigoration (paragon tier), Ring of Fury (paragon tier), Belt of Vigor (paragon tier), Winged Boots (paragon tier), Frost Katar +3

I took your advice and went for mastery of knives, which meant I had to lose the chillwind enchantment and it's 9d6 + 10 ongoing cold critical damage and it's 15 fire resist boosts.

Also seeing as I had the level 2 feat slot freed up, I went with a one that allowed me CA through slow/immobilise incase I come up against something that my cold combo cannot overcome, or for my other team mates use their slow immobilise powers so I gain CA on my first hit rather than second.

Swapped pact from fey to star to gain the rider effect from Hands of Ihbar, seeing as I had no other powers with pact riders, so it can now reduce cold resistances.
This ment I had to swap the stats round a little for to be able to use the star pact power I gain through the multiclass.

Added flame spiral, and swapped my at wills for the recomended ones.

I'm guessing there isn't a feat to treat light blades as heavy ones for enchantment purposes is there? lol.

Sow how's it looking now?

You should not be power swapping for Warlock attack powers.  You're better off sticking with Sorcerer powers.  However, there is one Warlock power that might be worth swapping for, and that is the 10th level utility Ethereal Sidestep, an at-will teleport.  With enough teleport-boosting items (such as an Incisive Dagger in the off-hand, Eladrin Boots, and Rubicant Wrist Razors), you can basically teleport anywhere you want.  Shunpo!

Your other feats and powers are still weak.  You need either Icy Heart or Silvery Glow for a feat bonus to damage, and you need Dual Implement Spellcaster (plus a starting Dex of 13) to add your off-hand implement's enhancement bonus to damage.  Forget about Vicious Advantage; you already get combat advantage from Wintertouched.

As for powers, the powers you take should improve your action economy, either through being immediate/minor/free action attacks, or multiple damage instances.  For the most part, the powers you picked don't do that.   Especially the dailies.  The dailies you want are Slaad's Gambit (an immediate action; great for modeling those scenes when you shunpo out of the way and lay down the hurt on your attacker), Thunder Leap (multiple attacks), and Lightning Daggers (an extra free attack every round).  For encounter powers, you should also be taking Lightning Cuts (a minor action attack) in addition to Flame Spiral.  For utilities, Energetic Flight is really not worth it.  Better to take Sudden Scales or Swift Escape.
Sign In to post comments