WDPTAA Round 1 Voting

46 posts / 0 new
Last post
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Anyone may vote for any number of cards. Please quote the cards you are voting for, or put a link to them in an sblock. Voting ends in 24 hours.
Lets be realistic, I'm not going to quote all of the cards, you'll have to look through them all.
Yeah... Lot's of cards to go through...

Think I will vote for a minimum of twelve cards. Two for each color and artifacts. Edit: Adding one more for a common land slot.
..And one extra black slot.

My votes:

Chiseled Bears -- 
Creature - Bear Golem
Don't worry about breaking chiseled bears. They come that way.
2/2

Brain Drain

Sorcery
Target player discards a card.  If a nonland card is discarded this way, draw a card.

Molten Firecat

Creature -- Elemental Cat (C)
Molten Firecat's power is equal to the number of Mountains you control.
"Fire is deadly, tempermental and impossible to control. No wonder that it so readily takes to this form." --Alasha, elementalist
*/1

Hey, bear based meta.

Found in the Woods :B:
Tribal Instant - Bear
Destroy target creature. If you control a bear, destroy another target creature.
The slew of grisly murders continues...

But we need more than bears, we need... Salamanders! Salamander Monks!

Young Bhikku :U:
Creature - Salamander Monk
When ~ enters the battlefield, draw a card. 
2/3
The monastic lakes of Lhasu are formed in great, descending spirals. A young monk will sit on the shores, knowing that when she can speak the Isui, she can begin the journey to its mysterious depths.

Cosmic Marble 
Artifact

If Cosmic Marble is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it on the battlefield and Cosmic Marble becomes legendary in addition to its other types.
As long as it's the first through seventh turn of the game, Cosmic Marble is a land of every basic land type in addition to its other types.

Crippling Weakness

Enchantment
All creatures get -1/-0

I want to be able to stack 'em in limited

Stunted Growth  :Um:  -  C

Instant

Counter target spell unless its controller sacrifices a creature.

"Your kin shall pay for your hubris."

A Hunter Creature - Human Shaman
: destroy target bear, fox, boar, elk, cat, elephant, or human. You gain 1 life.
2/2

:fixed:

Scardy Bear 
Creature-Bear
Whenever Scardy Bear becomes the target of a spell or ability, remove it from the game. When another creature you control enters the battlefield return Scardy Bear to the battlefield.
3/4

Juggacrawler  

Creature: Human Soldier 
Indestructable 
Not quite a "Naught" yet. 
1/1

The only one of my own that I'll try to vote in... 

Orb of Inhibition

Artifact
, : Target permanent becomes a colorless artifact and loses all abilities and all other types until end of turn.

Senior Officer  :Wm:  -  C

Creature - Human Soldier

Whenever Senior Officer attacks, each other attacking creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.

0/2

"Do as I say, not as I do."

Dreamatorium 

Land 
Enchantment spells you cast cost 1 less to cast. 
"A mass murder mystery musical love story set in a morgue"

Votes

Grizzled Bears
Creature - Bear
2/2
War. War never changed until the bears the bears joined in. Then it was much worse.

Grisly Bears -- 
Creature - Zombie Bear
Don't worry about killing grisly bears. They come that way.
2/2

Greasy Bears
Creature - Bear Ooze
Greasy Bears can't be blocked.
2/2

Chiseled Bears -- 
Creature - Bear Golem
2/2

Tendersmiter Creature: Minotaur Haste Never tell him his flavors are flat. 3/1

Poked Bear
Creature - Bear
Don't worry about poking this bear. Someone already did.
3/1 

Bear King
Creature - Bear
''Before its majesty, one humble bear can only bow down''
2/2

Grave Trade Instant Exile target creature card from your graveyard. Target creature your opponent controls gets -2/-2 until the end of the turn. "Aw... Another customer. Just set that there. May I show you our collection of crippling herbs and fungi?"

Elder Trapper  :Wm:  -  C
Creature - Human Scout

Protection from Bears.

1/2

"Yeah, good; you pretend to be big to scare it off. While you're doing that, I'll do something that won't get us killed."

-Edit- Now with P/T!! -sigh-

Grizzled Guard

Creature -- Human Soldier (C)
Defender, first strike
He keeps his eyes firmly on the horizon, awaiting the day that the bears inevitably come.
2/2

Molten Firecat

"Fire is deadly, tempermental and impossible to control. No wonder that it so readily takes to this form." --Alasha, elementalist
*/1

Hey, bear based meta.

Tribal Instant - Bear
Destroy target creature. If you control a bear, destroy another target creature.

2/3
The monastic lakes of Lhasu are formed in great, descending spirals. A young monk will sit on the shores, knowing that when she can speak the Isui, she can begin the journey to its mysterious depths.

Lightning Reflexes

Enchantment -- Aura (C) 
Enchant creature 
When Lightning Reflexes enters the battlefield, it deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
Enchant creature has first strike.
To finally be declared a full member of the tribe, Kalran adolescents must best a bear in combat. This is both out of tradition and of necessity, as the Kalran highlands are overrun with the beasts.

Bear Trap

Artifact (C)
, Sacrifie Bear Trap: Bear Trap deals 2 damage to target attacking creature. Remove that creature from combat.
To be a good hunter, one must possess considerable skill, strength and wits. Failing that, they could possess a trap and lots of patience.

Edit: What a coincidence.

Barren Earth

Sorcery
Destroy target land unless its controller sacrifices two creatures.

Oracle Owl

Creature -- Bird (C)
Flying
When Oracle Owl enters the battlefield, draw a card, then discard a card.
"Owls make excellent familiars, provided that you aren't fond of daytime and don't mind finding the occasional mouse skull in your bed." --Finnick, student of sorcery
2/1

Magbiter Creature: Fox Elemental : Deal 1 damage to target creature or player. Illusive with a bite that burns like devil fire. 1/1

Adepts of the Frozen Temple :W::W:
Snow Creature - Salamander Monk
Whenever ~ or another Monk enters the battlefield under your control, gain 2 life.
1/5 

Burn the Bloodline  :Rm:  -  C
Sorcery

Burn the Bloodline deals 2 damage to target creature and each creature that shares a creature type with it.

"Turn to cinders every trace of their lineage. I want the very mention of their name to be met with searing fire."

A Hunter 2G Creature - Human Shaman T: destroy target bear, fox, boar, elk, cat, elephant, or human. You gain 1 life. 2/2

Suffering

Instant
Target creature's toughness becomes 1 until end of turn.

Mana Frost
Snow Instant
Add to your mana pool.
Draw a card. 

Gar'tuun Raiders
Creature - Viahino Warrior
First Strike
When Gar'tuun Raiders enters the battlefield, destroy target land.
3/2 

Ok, we could make this a boring set, or we could make this a set with cool mechanics like flashback/GY synergy and suspend.

Obsessive Researcher 

Creature - Human Wizard
Sacrifice a creature:  draw a card, then discard a card.
1/2
"Answers!  I need answers!"

This guy is solid, letting you loot every time one of your guys eats a removal spell, gets suddenly outclassed by a combat trick, or chumps.  But if you dig a little deeper, he's also an enabler for GY synergy, creatures with death triggers, or just creatures with insignificant bodies played primarily for their ETB effects.

Fire In the Hole! 
Sorcery
~ deals 3 damage to each creature and each player.
Suspend 2

Use it too early, and you won't get a blowout.  Use it too late, and you'll be dead before it comes off suspend.

Riftmaster  
Creature - Human Wizard
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may exile a nonland card from your hand with 4 time counters on it.  It gains suspend.
2/1

If this gets included, try to put some eldrazi in the set.

Sabotaged Study 
Sorcery
Reveal the top three cards of your library.  You choose one of them, then an opponent chooses one of them, then you choose one of them.  Put all cards you chose this way into your hand, and all cards chosen by you opponent into your graveyard.

Just a cool draw spell.  Sidegrade to divination.  You get the best card of the top 3, and the worst card. 

Craw Wurm |
Creature — Wurm
6/4

(obligatory reprint)

Pack Outcast |
Creature - Wolf
You can't cast ~ if you control a creature.
2/2

Teferi's Sliver
Creature - Sliver
All Slivers have phasing.
3/3 

Sliver Licid
Creature - Licid Sliver
All Slivers have ", : This creature loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment with enchant creature and "Enchanted creature is a Sliver in addition to its other types." Attach it to target creature. You may pay  to end this effect."
2/3 

Think at this point white maybe. Juggacrawler Creature: Human Soldier Indestructtable Not quite a "Naught" yet. 1/1

Karplusan Embrace |
Instant
Tap target untapped creature you control.  The next time that creature untaps, put 3 +1/+1 counters on it.

Uninspired Red Beater |
Creature — Giant Barbarian
First strike, haste
7/2

Bodycounter
Creature: Dwarf Barbarian
If you declare ~ as an attacker and it cannot be blocked remove it from combat. (If player has no creatures or this card is unblockable it cannot be blocked.)
"One head, two arms, three legs... Must have lost some pieces around here somewhere."
3/3

Shape the Earth

Sorcery (C)
Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
"In his first act, the Architect rolled out the earth like a vast scroll. But earth alone does not make a world. He steadied his hands and readied for the great work." --Ogo creation myth

Really Good Book
Sorcery
Draw a card
Suspend 2 -
Whenever you suspend Really Good Book, draw a card.

Drafna's Erasure

Instant
Counter target spell if it shares a type with another spell cast this turn

Fill the Seas

Sorcery (C)
Untap up to three target lands.
"The Architect then brought water to the world. He filled first the ponds, then the lakes and streams, and then the great oceans as well. From them life itself could be born." --Ogo creation myth

Moan Splitter -- 
Artifact -- Equipment
Whenever equipped creature deals damage to a creature, that creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
Equip

Light the Skies

Sorcery (C)
Light the Skies deals 4 damage to target creature.
If you cast a spell named Shape the Earth and a spell named Fill the Seas this turn, you may search your library for a card named Architect of Worlds, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library
"The Architect then departed his fledgling world, but left his eye the sun so he could watch over his creation."
--Ogo creation myth

I don't even know, guys. 

Arcane Eye

Creature - Eye
Flying
: Look at target player's hand
2/1

An End to Suffering
Sorcery
Target creatures toughness becomes zero.

Three Kingdoms Sliver
Creature - Sliver
All Slivers have horsemanship.
4/4 

Creature - Human Soldier

Whenever Senior Officer attacks, each other attacking creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.

0/2

He better be worth

I designed him, and he's not.

Lightning Arc

Sorcery (C)
Lightning Arc deals 2 damage up to three target creatures and/or players.
Pyromancers kill with spectacle and flair. Electromancers just kill. 

Touch of the Unreal

Instant
Put an illusion counter on target permanent.  For as long as it has an illusion counter on it, it has "When this permanent becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."

Epochrasliver
Artifact Creature - Sliver
When Epochrasliver or another sliver dies, exile it with three time counters on it and if it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend. 
3/3

Lead the Pack  :Gm::Gm:  -  C
Instant

Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn, and creatures that share a creature type with it get +1/+1 until end of turn.

Chain of Dust

Sorcery
Destroy target land.  That land's controller may discard a card.  If he or she does, that player copies Chain of Dust and may choose a new target for the copy.

Rift Sliver
Creature - Sliver
Suspend 4-
, Exile a Sliver card from your hand: Put four time counters on the exiled card. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend. Any player may activate this ability if they control a Sliver.
5/5

Hope Breaker

Sorcery
Target player reveals his or her hand.  You choose a card from it with converted mana cost 2 or less.  That player discards that card.

Simic Sliver
Creature - Sliver Mutant
All Slivers have evolve.
0/1 

Momir's sliver
creature- sliver mutant
All slivers have graft.
2/2

Venomous Miasma

Instant
All creatures gain deathtouch until end of turn

Druid's Sphere |
Artifact
, : Untap target land.

Natural Inspiration |
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant land
Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller draws a card.

Fade

Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Land
If enchantend land is tapped for mana, it produces instead of its normal type and ammount.

Savannah Bear  :Wm:  -  C
Creature - Bear

:Gm:: Savannah Bear gains first strike until end of turn.

2/2

The bear was just as confused as the guide as to why it was on an open plain. However, the guide's skull had a familiar crunch to it that reminded the bear of home.

Charming Siren

Creature - Siren
: Tap target creature.  If that creature was attacking or blocking, remove it from combat.
1/2

Contemplate |
Sorcery
Draw two cards.
"Do I have an idea? Let me think about it."
-Jace Beleren

Deceitful Siren

Creature - Siren
Remove Deceitful Siren and all creatures blocking or blocked by it from combat
1/1

Ignite |
Sorcery
~ deals 4 damage to target creature or player.
"Leave playing with fire to the professionals."
-Chandra Nalaar

Banish |
Sorcery
Exile target creature.
"Sometimes death is not punishment enough."
-Elspeth Tirel

Flourish |
Sorcery
Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
"As nature grows, so do we."
-Nissa Revane

Vial of Lightning
Artifact - Equipment
Whenever equipped creature is dealt damage, sacrifice ~. ~ deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Equip

Terrorize |
Sorcery
Target player discards two cards.
"Fear is an effective tool, though it has the unfortunate tendency to reduce people to gibbering wretches."
-Liliana Vess

Yeah, I'm not sure about this one.

Pruneclaw Bears
Creature - Bear
"Not grizzly enough. NEXT!" Excerpt from the journal of the BearMaster
1/1

Old Fisher |
Creature - Human
, , Sacrifice ~: Put a 4/4 blue Fish creature token onto the battlefield.
"Oh, I got a bite."
1/1

Pyromancer's Apprentice |
Creature - Human Wizard
Haste
: Add to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to itself.
"So what do I learn first? Oh, I know! Teach me to make a wall of flame. Wait, no, a flame dragon! Or maybe..."
1/1

I don't know why Wizards even has an R&D department. They could just ask us to do it for them. ~7 hours and we've got more commons than can fit in a set.

we may have the "R" but we're (by decree) missing the "D" here.

Mindless Thug
Creature -- Zombie

When ~ enters the battlefield, discard a card.

2/1 

Sign in Ink
Sorcery
Target player draws two cards.
"Much less painful than using blood."

Lotus Bud
Artifact
Sacrifice ~, T: add 3 mana of any one color to your mana pool

Goblin Sage
Creature - Goblin
Haste
When ~ enters the battlefield, look at the top 4 cards of your library, then put them back in any order. Then shuffle your library.
"The goblin answers but never asks."
1/1

Buried Wisdom
Sorcery

Put the bottom two cards of your library into your hand. 

Potato
Enchantment
Creatures you control named Starved Farmer have +1/+1 and haste.

“Oh hi, how are you holding up?"

Starved Farmer
Creature - Human
Defender
Sacrifice an artifact or a land: ~ may attack as though it didn't have defender until end of turn.
1/2

Stab |
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast ~, tap an untapped creature you control.
Target creature gets -3/-3 until end of turn.
Use the pointy end.

Wack
Sorcery
Tap target creature, it doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap step.
Don't use the pointy end.

Poke Sorcery As an additional cost to cast this tap an untapped creature you control. Deal 5 damage to target creature. You can always use your claws.

Plant
Sorcery 
As an additional cost to cast ~ tap an untapped creature you control.
Search you library for a card named Potato or a basic land card.
If you searched for a basic land card, it enters the battlefield tapped.
Use the pointy end of your shovel.

Fast
Sorcery
Creatures you control gain Haste and First Strike until end of the turn.
"Too fast."

//

Furious 
Sorcery 
Put a 3/3 red and green Ape creature token onto the battlefield.
"Too furious"

Fuse (You may cast one or both halves of this card from your hand.) 

Three-Eyed Scarecrow 3 Artifact Creature - Scarecrow Intimidate As long as ~ is untapped, each scarecrow you control has reach. 1/2

Nudge As an additional cost, tap an untapped creature you control. Remove target creature you control from combat. See just so.

Scarebear 
Artifact Creature - Scarecrow 
Intimidate
As long as ~ is untapped, Bear creatures can't attack.
"Crows? Crows don't eat my family alive and take trees down with their paws!" - Angry Farmer

2/3

Dreamatorium Land Enchantment spells you cast cost 1 less to cast. "A mass murder mystery musical love story set in a morgue"

Springtouched Field
Land
Springtouched Field enters the battlefield tapped.
Whenever Springtouched Field untaps, add to your mana pool.
: Add to your mana pool. 

25 pages in 10 hours...

I guess I should make a card:

Bear Den
Land
~ enters the battlefield tapped.
, : Create a 2/2 green Bear creature token.
Beware the Bear.

Yeah, let's try to keep everything in Sblocks...
Cards that I'm voting for:
Grisly Bears
Grisly Bears --
Creature - Zombie Bear
2/2

Greasy Bears
Greasy Bears
Creature - Bear Ooze
2/2

Brain Drain
Brain Drain

Sorcery
Target player discards a card.  If a nonland card is discarded this way, draw a card.

Grave Trade
Grave Trade Instant Exile target creature card from your graveyard. Target creature your opponent controls gets -2/-2 until the end of the turn. "Aw... Another customer. Just set that there. May I show you our collection of crippling herbs and fungi?"

Band of Bears
Band of bears

Creature - Bear

When ~ enters the battlefield, put two 2/2 green and white bear tokens onto the battlefield.
Bears you control have "bands with other bears."

2/2

Elder Trapper
Creature - Human Scout

Protection from Bears.

1/2

"Yeah, good; you pretend to be big to scare it off. While you're doing that, I'll do something that won't get us killed."

Polar Bear
Polar Boar
Snow Creature - Boar
Snow Blind (~ can only be blocked by snow creatures and creatures with vigilance)
2/2

Grizzled Guard
Grizzled Guard

Defender, first strike
He keeps his eyes firmly on the horizon, awaiting the day that the bears inevitably come.
2/2

Bomb-Dropper Goblin
Bomb-Dropper Goblin  :Rm:  -  C
Creature - Goblin Warrior

:Rm:: Bomb-Dropper Goblin gains flying until end of turn
Whenever Bomb-Dropper Goblin attacks, if it has flying, it deals 1 damage to target creature or player.

1/1

"Stupid! Get running start first. THEN drop bomb!"

Molten Firecat
Molten Firecat

*/1

Found in the Woods
Hey, bear based meta.

Tribal Instant - Bear

Lightning Reflexes
Lightning Reflexes

Enchantment -- Aura (C)
Enchant creature
When Lightning Reflexes enters the battlefield, it deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
To finally be declared a full member of the tribe, Kalran adolescents must best a bear in combat. This is both out of tradition and of necessity, as the Kalran highlands are overrun with the beasts.

Steel Trap
Steel Trap    -  C
Artifact

Steel Trap enters the battlefield tapped.
, Sacrifice Steel Trap: Steel Trap deals 2 damage to target creature.

Snowman
I just realized we have a couple of snow spells and no way to make snow mana.

Snowman

Artifact Creature - Golem

~ enters the battlefield with 3 +1/+! counters on it.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from ~: add to your mana pool.

0/0

Oracle Owl
Oracle Owl

Creature -- Bird (C)
Flying
"Owls make excellent familiars, provided that you aren't fond of daytime and don't mind finding the occasional mouse skull in your bed." --Finnick, student of sorcery
2/1

Ancient Temple
Ancient Temple Land C Whenever ~ becomes tapped, ~ deals 3 damage to you. T: add 2 to your mana pool

Magbiter
Magbiter Creature: Fox Elemental : Deal 1 damage to target creature or player. Illusive with a bite that burns like devil fire. 1/1

Adepts of the Frozen Temple
Whenever ~ or another Monk enters the battlefield under your control, gain 2 life.
1/5

Burn the Bloodline
Sorcery

Burn the Bloodline deals 2 damage to target creature and each creature that shares a creature type with it.

"Turn to cinders every trace of their lineage. I want the very mention of their name to be met with searing fire."

Earthshatter
@ Dr D: It's worse (as in not as good a card as) Rain of Tears.  or the common Stone Rain for that matter.

Earthshatter

Instant
Each player sacrifices a land.

Crippling Weakness
Crippling Weakness

Enchantment
All creatures get -1/-0

Honeybear Pair
Honeybear Pair 1G Creature - Bear When ~ enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 green bee creature token with flying and "~ sacrifice this creature: this creature deals 1 damage to target creature or player" onto the battlefield 2/2

Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Creature - Illusion
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Honey Trap
Whenever a creature blocks or is blocked by Honey Trap, tap it.  It doesn't untap on its controller's untap step for as long as you control Honey Trap.
"Figments of this sort are much like honey -- sweet, but very, very sticky." - Archmage Dior
2/1

Stunted Growth
Instant

A Hunter
A Hunter 2G Creature - Human Shaman T: destroy target bear, fox, boar, elk, cat, elephant, or human. You gain 1 life. 2/2

Blood for Blood
Blood for Blood

Instant
Cast Blood for Blood only if a creature you control has died this turn
Destroy target creature.

Falling Icicles
Falling Icicles
Snow Sorcery
~ deals 3 damage to target creature or player
Don't shoot your eye out.

Suffering
Suffering

Instant

Mana Frost
Mana Frost
Snow Instant
Add to your mana pool.
Draw a card.

Icy Veins
Icy Veins

Instant
Destroy target creature with toughness 2 or less.

Encroaching Frost
Encroaching Frost
Sorcery
Search your library for a snow land and put it onto the battlefield tapped.

Gar'tuun Raiders
Gar'tuun Raiders
First Strike
3/2

Glacial Wastes
Glacial Wastes
Snow Land
: add to your mana pool
: add to your mana pool.  this mana can only be spent on costs that include .

Taiga Snelves
Taiga Snelves |
Snow Creature — Elf
1/1

Ice Stone
Ice Stone

Snow Artifact
Ice Stone enters the battlefield tapped
: Add to your mana pool

Scardy Bear
Scardy Bear
Creature-Bear
Whenever Scardy Bear becomes the target of a spell or ability, remove it from the game. When another creature you control enters the battlefield return Scardy Bear to the battlefield.
3/4

Desperate Feast
Desperate Feast

Instant
Each player sacrifices a creature, then gains life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness
"Day 72 -- I'd like to say we drew lots to determine who would feed the rest of us through this terrible winter, but in reality we simply turned on James, for he bulged like a ripe melon, waiting to be devoured." - Journal found in a deserted camp

Kjeldoran Elite
Kjeldoran Elite |
Creature — Human Knight
First strike, protection from snow
Soldiers of Kjeldor lived and breathed the winter.  Were any of them going to perish to it, they would have already done so.
2/2

Karplusan Embrace
Karplusan Embrace |
Instant
Tap target untapped creature you control.  The next time that creature untaps, put 3 +1/+1 counters on it.

Reality Check
Reality Check  :Um:  -  C
Instant

Choose one — tap up to two target creatures; or return target creature to its owners hand.
Entwine :Um: (Chose both if you pay the entwine cost.)

Return to nothing.

Vampire Understudy
Vampire Understudy |
Creature — Vampire
Multikicker
Deathtouch
Vampire Understudy enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each time it was kicked.
0/1

Safeway Spy
Safeway Spy  :Um:  -  C
Creature - Human Rogue

Safeway Spy can't block and is unblockable.
Whenever Safeway Spy deals combat damage to an opponent, draw a card.

1/1

"Why, yes. I can do specialty jobs."

Shape the Earth
Shape the Earth

Sorcery (C)
Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
"In his first act, the Architect rolled out the earth like a vast scroll. But earth alone does not make a world. He steadied his hands and readied for the great work." --Ogo creation myth

Really Good Book
Really Good Book
Sorcery
Draw a card
Suspend 2 -

Drunwood Chiller
Drunwood Chiller
Creature - Viashino Shaman
, : Target creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
Dude, chill out.

Bearrage
Bearrage
Instant
As an additional cost to cast Bearrage, sacrifice any number bears.
Bearrage deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

"Are you shocked?"
"Barely."
- Conversation between multiple bear wizards

Fill the Seas
Fill the Seas

Sorcery (C)
"The Architect then brought water to the world. He filled first the ponds, then the lakes and streams, and then the great oceans as well. From them life itself could be born." --Ogo creation myth

Ursoform
Ursoform
Creature - Shapeshifter Bear
You may have Ursoform enter the battlefield as a copy of any bear on the battlefield.

"You can teach a bear to cast a spell, but you can't make it drink."

2/2

Æther Ripple
Æther Ripple  :Xm::Xm::Um:  -  C
Sorcery

Return X target creatures to their owners' hands.

An End to Suffering
An End to Suffering
Sorcery

Senior Officer
Creature - Human Soldier

0/2

Touch of the Unreal
Touch of the Unreal

Instant
Put an illusion counter on target permanent.  For as long as it has an illusion counter on it, it has "When this permanent becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."

Lead the Pack
Instant

Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn, and creatures that share a creature type with it get +1/+1 until end of turn.

Samite Gambit
Samite Gambit |
Sorcery
You gain eight life.
Madness
It paid off.

Sight Unseen
Sight Unseen

Instant
Choose target spell.  Scry 3, then reveal the top card of your library.  If the revealed card shares a type with target spell, counter it.

Hope Breaker
Hope Breaker

Sorcery
Target player reveals his or her hand.  You choose a card from it with converted mana cost 2 or less.  That player discards that card.

Pride Breaker
Pride Breaker

Sorcery
Target player reveals his or her hand.  You choose a card from it with converted mana cost 4 or more.  That player discards that card.

Strength of Undeath
Strength of Undeath  :Bm:  -  C
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant creature.
When enchanted creature dies, return that card to the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it under its owner's control. That creature is a black Zombie in addition to it's other colors and types.

"Why won't it die?!"

Venomous Miasma
Venomous Miasma

Instant

Druid's Sphere
Druid's Sphere |
Artifact

Natural Inspiration
Natural Inspiration |
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant land

Fade
Fade

Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Land
If enchantend land is tapped for mana, it produces instead of its normal type and ammount.

Savannah Bear
Creature - Bear

2/2

The bear was just as confused as the guide as to why it was on an open plain. However, the guide's skull had a familiar crunch to it that reminded the bear of home.

Flesh Flayer
Flesh Flayer

Creature - Horror
Echo - Sacrifice a Creature
When Flesh Flayer enters the battlefield, destroy target creature.
2/1

Charmed Ossein
Charmed Ossein  :Bm:  -  C
Creature - Skeleton

:Bm:: Regenerate Charmed Ossein.

1/1

"Can't live with 'em, can't get rid of 'em."

Contemplate
Contemplate |
Sorcery
Draw two cards.
-Jace Beleren

Balduvian Highwayman
Balduvian Highwayman |
Creature — Human Rogue
Ambush (You may cast this creature during your combat phase after blockers have been declared.  If you do, it enters the battlefield tapped and attacking a player or planeswalker of your choice.)
2/1

Ignite
Ignite |
Sorcery
-Chandra Nalaar

Flaskbound Homunculus
Love the Fullmetal Alchemist reference, BTW
Flask-bound Homunculus

Creature - Homunculus
Haste, Defender
: Target player may draw a card.  If he or she does, he or she then discards two cards
When one creates life, disregarding its advice would be sound.
0/2

Flourish
Flourish |
Sorcery
Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
-Nissa Revane

Catbug
Catbug
Creature - Cat Insect
Phasing, Flying
PUT A BLANKET OVER IT
2/2

Frost Devil
Frost Devil

Frost Devil has first strike as long as it's blocking
2/2

Relentless Bats
Relentless Bats
Creature - Bat
A deck may have any number of bats named relentless bats.
Flying
~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of creatures named relentless bats on the battlefield squared
*/*

Vial of Lightning
Vial of Lightning
Artifact - Equipment
Whenever equipped creature is dealt damage, sacrifice ~. ~ deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Equip

Terrorize
Terrorize |
Sorcery
"Fear is an effective tool, though it has the unfortunate tendency to reduce people to gibbering wretches."
-Liliana Vess.

Bear Squared
Bear Squared

Creature -- Bear

4/4

Old Fisher
Old Fisher |
Creature - Human
"Oh, I got a bite."
1/1

Ursa Major
Ursa Major  :Gm::Gm:  -  C
Creature - Bear

Ursa Major gets +1/+1 for each Bear you control.

1/1

"That's not a bear. THIS is a bear."

MORE CARDS
MORE CARDS
Sorcery
Draw 3 cards

LESS CARDS
LESS CARDS |
Sorcery
Target player discards 3 cards.

Icy Touch
Icy Touch

Instant
Icy touch deals 1 damage to target creature.  Tap that creature.

Mindless Thug
Mindless Thug
Creature -- Zombie

2/1

Lotus Bud
Lotus Bud
Artifact

Buried Wisdom
Buried Wisdom
Sorcery

Stab
Stab |
Sorcery
Use the pointy end.

Whack
Whack
Sorcery

Poke
Poke Sorcery As an additional cost to cast this tap an untapped creature you control. Deal 5 damage to target creature. You can always use your claws.

Plant
Plant
Sorcery

Three-Eyed Scarecrow
Three-Eyed Scarecrow 3 Artifact Creature - Scarecrow Intimidate As long as ~ is untapped, each scarecrow you control has reach. 1/2

Scarebear
Scarebear
Intimidate
"Crows? Crows don't eat my family alive and take trees down with their paws!" - Angry Farmer

2/3

Stormicano Crow
Stormicano Crow 1U
Creature - Bird
Flying
"OH GOD THEYTHEY'RE EATING MY FAMILY AND KILLING MY TREES" - Angry farmer, last words.
2/3

Giant Scarecrow
Giant Scarecrow
Intimidate, Reach
Protection from Birds
"Nevermore." - Angry Farmer the Second.

4/4

Bear Den
Bear Den
Land
, : Create a 2/2 green Bear creature token.
Beware the Bear.

Terraborn Blast
Terrraborn Blast
Instant
As an additional cost to cast Terraborn Blast, sacrifice a land.
Terraborn Blast deals 4 damage to target creature or player.

Urza is my Shepherd. Planet Multiverse
On Tolarian Time Bubbles
56849398 wrote:
147480487 wrote:
I'd hate to accidentally walk partially into one.
Random Tolarian wizard's last words. ;)
Real life fact: I'm terrified of Grizzly Bears, Polar Bears... and bears that could potentially blink into reality through a time rift.
Here are my votes

Votes

1. Grizzled Bears

2. Grisly Bears 

3. Greasy Bears 

4. Chiseled Bears 

5. Poked Bear 

6. Band of bears 

7. Bear King 

8. Elder Trapper

9. Polar Boar 

10. Grizzled Guard

11. Molten Firecat

12. Klondike Bear 

13. Steel Trap

14. Bear Trap

15. Oracle Owl

16. Burn the Bloodline

17. Winter Globe 

18. Crippling Weakness

19. Falling Icicles 

20. Mana Frost

21. Icy Veins

22. Encroaching Frost 

23. Taiga Snelves 

24. Snow Fort 

25. Ice Stone

26. Craw Wurm 

27. Thaw

28. Snow Snidd 

29. Shiver Sliver

30. Kjeldoran Elite 

31. Teferi's Sliver

32. Icy Wind

33. Sliver Licid

34. Uninspired Red Beater 

35. Reality Check

36. Really Good Book

37. Drafna's Erasure

38. Ursoform 

39. Arcane Eye

40. Three Kingdoms Sliver

41. Senior Officer

42. Lightning Arc

43. Epochrasliver

44. Lead the Pack

45. Silver Sliver Sliver of Sliver Liver 

46. Rift Sliver

47. Pride Breaker

48. Simic Sliver

49. Goblin Snow Shovel 

50. Momir's sliver 

51. Strength of Undeath

52. Venomous Miasma

53. Druid's Sphere 

54. Natural Inspiration 

55. Savannah Bear

56. Bare Harvest

57. Mesa Rootwalla 

58. Charmed Ossein

59. Ignite 

60. Banish 

61. Isty Bitsy Spider 

62. Flourish 

63. Rimebound Ghost

64. Catbug 

65. Vial of Lightning 

66. Pruneclaw Bears 

67. Bear Squared 

68. Old Fisher 

69. Frozen Lake

70. Forrest Bear 

71. Ursa Major

72. Great Werebear 

73. MORE CARDS 

74. Icy Touch

75. Lotus Bud 

76. Buried Wisdom 

77. Sliverling 

78. Heat Sink

79. Stab 

80. Wack 

81. Poke

82. Dreamatorium 

83. Sliver Bear 

84. Humble Sliver 

Show

Grizzled Bears
Creature - Bear
2/2
War. War never changed until the bears the bears joined in. Then it was much worse.

Grisly Bears --
Creature - Zombie Bear
2/2

Greasy Bears
Creature - Bear Ooze
2/2

Chiseled Bears --
Creature - Bear Golem
2/2

Poked Bear
Creature - Bear
3/1

Band of bears

Creature - Bear

When ~ enters the battlefield, put two 2/2 green and white bear tokens onto the battlefield.

2/2

Looking at the cards we have now, I think five-color bear tribal will be the way to go for the draft.

Bear King
Creature - Bear
2/2

Elder Trapper :Wm: - C
Creature - Human Scout

Protection from Bears.

1/2

Polar Boar
Snow Creature - Boar
Snow Blind (~ can only be blocked by snow creatures and creatures with vigilance)
2/2

Grizzled Guard

Defender, first strike
2/2

Molten Firecat

*/1

Klondike Bear |
Snow Creature — Bear
Klondike Bear has +1/+1 this turn if you did something this turn that you haven't done this game.
What would you doOOoo for a Klondike Bear?
2/2

Steel Trap - C
Artifact

Bear Trap

Artifact (C)
, Sacrifie Bear Trap: Bear Trap deals 2 damage to target attacking creature. Remove that creature from combat.
To be a good hunter, one must possess considerable skill, strength and wits. Failing that, they could possess a trap and lots of patience.

Oracle Owl

Creature -- Bird (C)
Flying
2/1

I might keep going with some snow cards.

Argivian Blizzard |
Snow Sorcery
~ deals 1 damage to each creature and planeswalker.
~ has flash if you spend snow mana to cast it.

Burn the Bloodline :Rm: - C
Sorcery

Winter Globe 4W Snow World Enchantment Permanents are snow in addition to their other types and don't untap during their controller's untap step 1: untap target permanent. Any player may play this ability.

Crippling Weakness

Enchantment
All creatures get -1/-0

Time to destroy the color pie

Falling Icicles
Snow Sorcery
~ deals 3 damage to target creautre or player
Don't shoot your eye out.

Mana Frost
Snow Instant
Add to your mana pool.
Draw a card.

Icy Veins

Instant

Encroaching Frost
Sorcery

Taiga Snelves |
Snow Creature — Elf
1/1

Snow Fort |
Snow Creature — Wall
Defender
Protection from Snow.
0/7

Ice Stone

Snow Artifact

Craw Wurm |
Creature — Wurm
6/4

(obligatory reprint)

Thaw
Instant
Target permanent loses snow.
Draw a card.

Can we reflavor all of these once we have a slightly more cohesive set?

Snow Snidd
Creature- Beast
: Target permanent loses or gain's the snow subtype until end of turn.
3/3

Can we get a throw back to snidds?

Shiver Sliver
Snow Creature - Sliver
Slivers are Snow in addition to their other types.
2/2

Kjeldoran Elite |
Creature — Human Knight
Soldiers of Kjeldor lived and breathed the winter. Were any of them going to perish to it, they would have already done so.
2/2

Teferi's Sliver
Creature - Sliver
3/3

Icy Wind

Instant
Tap target creature. If that creature isn't snow, Icy Wind deals 2 damage to it.

Sliver Licid
Creature - Licid Sliver
All Slivers have ", : This creature loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment with enchant creature and "Enchanted creature is a Sliver in addition to its other types." Attach it to target creature. You may pay to end this effect."
2/3

Uninspired Red Beater |
First strike, haste
7/2

Reality Check :Um: - C
Instant

Choose one — tap up to two target creatures; or return target creature to its owners hand.

Return to nothing.

Because so many people blocked with Bob...

If you want a solid blue common, just make:

Really Good Book
Sorcery
Draw a card
Suspend 2 -

Drafna's Erasure

Instant

Ursoform
You may have Ursoform enter the battlefield as a copy of any bear on the battlefield.

2/2

Arcane Eye

Creature - Eye
Flying
2/1

Three Kingdoms Sliver
Creature - Sliver
4/4

Senior Officer :Wm: - C
Creature - Human Soldier

0/2

He better be worth

Lightning Arc

Sorcery (C)

Epochrasliver
When Epochrasliver or another sliver dies, exile it with three time counters on it and if it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend.
3/3

Lead the Pack :Gm::Gm: - C
Instant

Silver Sliver Sliver of Sliver Liver
Tribal Artifact - Sliver
Whenever a sliver enters the battlefield, that permanent's controller gains 1 life.
"Ohhh shiny" - Some Goblin's Last words

Rift Sliver
Creature - Sliver
Suspend 4-
, Exile a Sliver card from your hand: Put four time counters on the exiled card. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend. Any player may activate this ability if they control a Sliver.
5/5

Pride Breaker

Sorcery
Target player reveals his or her hand. You choose a card from it with converted mana cost 4 or more. That player discards that card.

Simic Sliver
Creature - Sliver Mutant
All Slivers have evolve.
0/1

Goblin Snow Shovel |
Artifact — Equipment
If equipped creature would deal combat damage to a creature or player, you may sacrifice it instead. If you do, Goblin Snow Shovel deals 4 damage to that creature or player.
Equip
"How does this even happen?!"

Momir's sliver
creature- sliver mutant
All slivers have graft.
2/2

Strength of Undeath :Bm: - C
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant creature.
When enchanted creature dies, return that card to the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it under its owner's control. That creature is a black Zombie in addition to it's other colors and types.

"Why won't it die?!"

Venomous Miasma

Instant

Druid's Sphere |
Artifact

Natural Inspiration |
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant land

Savannah Bear :Wm: - C
Creature - Bear

2/2

Bare Harvest

Sorcery
Each creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn for each tapped land its controller controls

Mesa Rootwalla |
Creature - Lizard
: ~ gets +2/+0 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn.
: ~ gets +0/+2 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn.
1/1

Charmed Ossein :Bm: - C
Creature - Skeleton

1/1

Ignite |
Sorcery
-Chandra Nalaar

Banish |
Sorcery
Exile target creature.
-Elspeth Tirel

Where's the spiders?

Isty Bitsy Spider
Creature - Spider (Color indicator: Green)
Reach
0/1

Flourish |
Sorcery
-Nissa Revane

Rimebound Ghost

Snow Creature - Spirit
Flying
2/2

VOTE FOR EVERYTHING.

Catbug
Creature - Cat Insect
Phasing, Flying
PUT A BLANKET OVER IT
2/2

Vial of Lightning
Artifact - Equipment
Equip

Pruneclaw Bears
Creature - Bear
1/1

I liked when we were doing bears =(

Bear Squared

Creature -- Bear

4/4

Old Fisher |
Creature - Human
"Oh, I got a bite."
1/1

Frozen Lake
Snow Land
: add to your mana pool. If Frozen Lake is not snow, add to your mana pool instead.

Forrest Bear
Creature - Bear
"Run bear, run!" -Hans
2/2

Ursa Major :Gm::Gm: - C
Creature - Bear

1/1

Great Werebear
Creature - Human Bear Druid
Other Bear creatures you control get +1/+1 and trample
Threshold — ~ gets +2/+2 as long as seven or more cards are in your graveyard.
He gives them all even more rights to bear arms.

2/2

MORE CARDS
Sorcery
Draw 3 cards

Icy Touch

Instant
Icy touch deals 1 damage to target creature. Tap that creature.

Sign in Ink
Sorcery

Lotus Bud
Artifact

Buried Wisdom
Sorcery

Sliverling
Creature - Sliver
W: Sliver Creatures gain first strike until end of turn
U: Sliver Creatures get -1/+1 until end of turn
B: Sliver Creatures gain lifelink until end of turn
R: Sliver Creatures get +1/-1 until end of turn
G: Sliver Creatures gain hexproof until end of turn
5/5

I'll be reposting this at mythic if we get a sliver theme voted in.

Heat Sink

Snow Artifact
Nonsnow creatures get -1/-1.

Stab |
Sorcery
Use the pointy end.

Wack
Sorcery

Dreamatorium Land Enchantment spells you cast cost 1 less to cast. "A mass murder mystery musical love story set in a morgue"

Sliver Bear
Creature - Sliver Bear
All Slivers are 2/2 Bears.

"Smarter than the average bear."

2/2

Humble Sliver
Creature - Sliver
All other Slivers are 1/1 creatures with no abilities.

"Assigning Human values to the Colony did not go as well as planned."
- Hive Experiments, Vol. XI

1/1

Level 1 Judge

I vote for the complexity cards
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
I do not envy whoever has to tally these votes. Oh crap. >_<

I vote for all the cards except the complexity ones, GM_Champion's ones and "Nukes".
Would it be easier to vote which cards we wanted to reject, rather than those we wanted to accept? There might be less massive spoilers of quotes.
It might be harder to decide though.
I vote for all the cards except the complexity ones, GM_Champion's ones and "Nukes".
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
These commons make New World Order cry.

Votes

Grizzled Bears
Creature - Bear
2/2

Grisly Bears -- 
Creature - Zombie Bear
2/2

Greasy Bears 
Creature - Bear Ooze
2/2

Chiseled Bears -- 
Creature - Bear Golem
2/2

Brain Drain

Sorcery

Poked Bear 
Creature - Bear
3/1 

Bear King 
Creature - Bear
2/2

Creature - Human Scout

Protection from Bears.

1/2

Polar Boar 
Snow Creature - Boar
Snow Blind (~ can only be blocked by snow creatures and creatures with vigilance)
2/2

Grizzled Guard

Defender, first strike
2/2

Molten Firecat

*/1

Klondike Bear |
Snow Creature — Bear
Klondike Bear has +1/+1 this turn if you did something this turn that you haven't done this game.
2/2

Hey, bear based meta.

Tribal Instant - Bear

2/3

Lightning Reflexes

Enchantment -- Aura (C) 
Enchant creature 

Bear Trap

Artifact (C)

Edit: What a coincidence.

Barren Earth

Sorcery

Oracle Owl

Creature -- Bird (C)
Flying
2/1

1/5 

Sorcery

Crippling Weakness

Enchantment
All creatures get -1/-0

Honeypot Trap Instant: Trap You may cast this for if two or more creatures with two or more power attack you. Return two target creatures to their owners hands. Oh, bother...

Honeybear Pair 1G Creature - Bear When ~ enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 green bee creature token with flying and "~ sacrifice this creature: this creature deals 1 damage to target creature or player" onto the battlefield 2/2

Honey Trap

Creature - Illusion
Whenever a creature blocks or is blocked by Honey Trap, tap it.  It doesn't untap on its controller's untap step for as long as you control Honey Trap.
"Figments of this sort are much like honey -- sweet, but very, very sticky." - Archmage Dior
2/1

Instant

Blood for Blood

Instant
Destroy target creature.

Ruination of Stone

Sorcery
Destroy target land.  Ruination of stone deals 2 damage to its controller.

Suffering

Instant

Icy Veins

Instant

Gar'tuun Raiders
First Strike
3/2 

Glacial Wastes
Snow Land

Grasp of Winter

Sorcery
Destroy target nonsnow land.

Taiga Snelves |
Snow Creature — Elf
1/1

Thaw
Instant
Target permanent loses snow.
Draw a card. 

Can we reflavor all of these once we have a slightly more cohesive set? 

Pack Outcast |
Creature - Wolf
2/2

We're still on Commons, right?  Any color under-represented right now?

Seasonal Shift |
Sorcery
As you cast ~, sacrifice a land.
If the sacrificed land was snow, search your library for a non-snow land and put it onto the battlefield.  Otherwise, search your library for a snow land and put it onto the battlefield.

Kjeldoran Elite |
Creature — Human Knight
Soldiers of Kjeldor lived and breathed the winter.  Were any of them going to perish to it, they would have already done so.
2/2

Icy Wind

Instant
Tap target creature.  If that creature isn't snow, Icy Wind deals 2 damage to it.

Think at this point white maybe. Juggacrawler Creature: Human Soldier Indestructtable Not quite a "Naught" yet. 1/1

Karplusan Embrace |
Instant

Instant

Return to nothing.

Vampire Understudy |
Creature — Vampire
Multikicker
Deathtouch
Vampire Understudy enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each time it was kicked.
0/1

Creature - Human Rogue

1/1

Shape the Earth

Sorcery (C)

Creature - Human Rogue

1/1

...Wow that looks broken.

Well, only has these weird "complexity" spells otherwise ;)

Plus, I never really got a chance to playtest it...I did at least make it so he can't block

If you want a solid blue common, just make:

Really Good Book
Sorcery
Draw a card
Suspend 2 -
Whenever you suspend Really Good Book, draw a card.

Drunwood Chiller
Dude, chill out. 

Is it too late for another ******* bear?

Bearrage
Instant
As an additional cost to cast Bearrage, sacrifice any number bears.
Bearrage deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

"Are you shocked?"
"Barely."
- Conversation between multiple bear wizards

Fill the Seas

Sorcery (C)

Moan Splitter -- 
Artifact -- Equipment
Whenever equipped creature deals damage to a creature, that creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
Equip

Ursoform 
Creature - Shapeshifter Bear

2/2

Light the Skies

Sorcery (C)
If you cast a spell named Shape the Earth and a spell named Fill the Seas this turn, you may search your library for a card named Architect of Worlds, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library
"The Architect then departed his fledgling world, but left his eye the sun so he could watch over his creation."
--Ogo creation myth

I don't even know, guys. 

Arcane Eye

Creature - Eye
Flying
2/1

Three Kingdoms Sliver
Creature - Sliver
4/4 

Creature - Human Soldier

0/2

He better be worth

Lightning Arc

Sorcery (C)

Touch of the Unreal

Instant

Preserved Cadavers |
Artifact
As long as Preserved Cadavers is in a graveyard, it is a 2/2 black Human creature with Scavenge .
"You never know what delicious food you'll find during the summer thaw!"
—Krovikan Bog-Witch

Epochrasliver
When Epochrasliver or another sliver dies, exile it with three time counters on it and if it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend. 
3/3

Instant

This is madness.

No, this is madness.

Samite Gambit |
Sorcery
You gain eight life.
Madness
It paid off.

Chain of Dust

Sorcery
Destroy target land.  That land's controller may discard a card.  If he or she does, that player copies Chain of Dust and may choose a new target for the copy.

Sight Unseen

Instant
Choose target spell.  Scry 3, then reveal the top card of your library.  If the revealed card shares a type with target spell, counter it.

Rift Sliver
Creature - Sliver
Suspend 4-
5/5

Hope Breaker

Sorcery

Spitfire Sprite | :rgm::rgm:
Creature — Faerie
: Spitfire Sprite deals one damage to target creature or player and one damage to you.  Add or to your mana pool.
1/1

Pride Breaker

Sorcery
Target player reveals his or her hand.  You choose a card from it with converted mana cost 4 or more.  That player discards that card.

Counterspell

Instant
Counter target spell.

(reprint)

Simic Sliver
Creature - Sliver Mutant
All Slivers have evolve.
0/1 

Goblin Snow Shovel |
Artifact — Equipment
If equipped creature would deal combat damage to a creature or player, you may sacrifice it instead.  If you do, Goblin Snow Shovel deals 4 damage to that creature or player.
Equip

Enchantment - Aura

Enchant creature.

"Why won't it die?!"

Venomous Miasma

Instant

Druid's Sphere |
Artifact

Orb of Inhibition

Artifact
, : Target permanent becomes a colorless artifact and loses all abilities and all other types until end of turn.

Natural Inspiration |
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant land

Fade

Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Land

Creature - Bear

2/2

Bare Harvest

Sorcery
Each creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn for each tapped land its controller controls

Mesa Rootwalla |
Creature - Lizard
1/1

Flesh Flayer

Creature - Horror
2/1

Creature - Skeleton

1/1

Charming Siren

Creature - Siren
: Tap target creature.  If that creature was attacking or blocking, remove it from combat.
1/2

Contemplate |
Sorcery
Draw two cards.
-Jace Beleren

Deceitful Siren

Creature - Siren
1/1

Ignite |
Sorcery
-Chandra Nalaar

Flask-bound Homunculus

Creature - Homunculus
Haste, Defender
: Target player may draw a card.  If he or she does, he or she then discards two cards
0/2

Banish |
Sorcery
Exile target creature.
-Elspeth Tirel

Where's the spiders?

Isty Bitsy Spider 
Creature - Spider (Color indicator: Green)
Reach
0/1

Brutal Redemption 
Sorcery
Choose one - destroy all plains; or destroy all white permanents.
Entwine
"That day, true justice finally returned to the world."

Banish |
Sorcery
Exile target creature.
-Elspeth Tirel

I was going to vote for all the removal, but... wow.

Primordial Mistake

Creature (No subtypes)
Primordial Mistake can't be equipped or enchanted.  It can't have counters placed on it and its power, toughness, color, name, types, and subtypes can't change.
2/2

Flourish |
Sorcery
-Nissa Revane

Where's the spiders?

Giant Lazy Spider 
Creature - Spider
Reach
Giant Lazy Spider can only block creatures that also attacked during their owners last turn.
"Rough estimations say it takes about 2 days for these species to get to the preys."
2/4

Giant Lazy Spyder
Creature - Spider Rouge
Reach
When ~ deals damage to a player, reveal your hand then draw a card.
2/4

Relentless Bats 
Creature - Bat
Flying
~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of creatures named relentless bats on the battlefield squared
*/*

Vial of Lightning 
Artifact - Equipment
Equip

Ice Elemental

Creature - Elemental
As solid as earth and a thousand times more bitter, Ice elementals embody the harshest aspects of winter.  They hate the warmth of life absolutley, and countless travellers in snowy environs have been lost to their bitter claws.
4/3

Terrorize |
Sorcery
-Liliana Vess

Pruneclaw Bears 
Creature - Bear
1/1

Bear Squared

Creature -- Bear

4/4 

Old Fisher |
Creature - Human
"Oh, I got a bite."
1/1

Frozen Lake
Snow Land
: add to your mana pool.  If Frozen Lake is not snow, add to your mana pool instead.

Forrest Bear  
Creature - Bear
"Run bear, run!" -Hans
2/2

Frozen to Death 
Instant
Exile target attacking creature.

Blacktusk

Creature -- Zombie Beast

When ~ enters the battlefield, target creature gets -5/-5 until the end of the turn.

When ~ leaves the battlefield, put 3 1/1 black Wurm creature tokens onto the battlefield.

5/3 

Creature - Bear

1/1

Pyromancer's Apprentice |
Creature - Human Wizard
Haste
"So what do I learn first? Oh, I know! Teach me to make a wall of flame. Wait, no, a flame dragon! Or maybe..."
1/1

Great Werebear 
Creature - Human Bear Druid
Other Bear creatures you control get +1/+1 and trample
Threshold — ~ gets +2/+2 as long as seven or more cards are in your graveyard. 
He gives them all even more rights to bear arms.

2/2

MORE CARDS 
Sorcery
Draw 3 cards

LESS CARDS |
Sorcery
Target player discards 3 cards.

Icy Touch

Instant

I don't know why Wizards even has an R&D department. They could just ask us to do it for them. ~7 hours and we've got more commons than can fit in a set.

Mindless Thug
Creature -- Zombie

2/1 

Sign in Ink 
Sorcery

Goblin Sage 
Creature - Goblin
Haste
When ~ enters the battlefield, look at the top 4 cards of your library, then put them back in any order. Then shuffle your library.
1/1

Ulgrothan Crystal

Artifact
Creature spells cost more to cast
When Feroz's Ban shattered, a few shards were scattered throughout the planes.

Buried Wisdom
Sorcery

Potato 
Enchantment

Heat Sink

Snow Artifact

Starved Farmer 
Creature - Human
Defender
Sacrifice an artifact or a land: ~ may attack as though it didn't have defender until end of turn.
1/2

Stab |
Sorcery
Use the pointy end.

Wack 
Sorcery

Boreal Delerium

Snow Instant
Choose one: Target player draws two cards; or target player discards two cards.

Snowfield
Snow Land
: add to you mana pool

Fast 
Sorcery
"Too fast."

//

Furious 
Sorcery 
"Too furious"

Fuse (You may cast one or both halves of this card from your hand.) 

Ice Cap
Snow Land

Sea Ice
Snow Land

Scarebear 
Intimidate
"Crows? Crows don't eat my family alive and take trees down with their paws!" - Angry Farmer

2/3

Giant Scarecrow 
Intimidate, Reach
Protection from Birds

4/4 

Frost Marsh
Snow Land

Frigid Pines
Snow Land

Wendigo

Snow Creature - Yeti
Wendigo's power and toughness are equal to the number of snow permanents you control
*/*

Death by Kitties 
Sorcery
Destroy target creature. Put X 1/1 black and white cat creature tokens onto the battlefield distributed randomly among players where X is equal to the destroyed creature's toughness.

"No wait I'm allergic to adorableness!" 

Sliver Bear 
Creature - Sliver Bear

2/2

Springtouched Field
Land

Terrraborn Blast
Instant

Enforcer of Rules 
Creature
Players can't play more than one spell per turn.
Rule 3!  Rule 3! 

Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Thank you for voting for my card despite it lacking such superficial things as a creature type, power, or toughness. 

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
I vote for these cards

Grizzled Bears
Creature - Bear
2/2

Grisly Bears -- 
Creature - Zombie Bear
2/2

Brain Drain

Sorcery

Grizzled Guard

Defender, first strike
2/2

Molten Firecat

*/1

Hey, bear based meta.

Tribal Instant - Bear

2/3

Lightning Reflexes

Enchantment -- Aura (C) 
Enchant creature 

But for real this time:

Mesmerizing Chant |
Instant
~ can't be cast on your turn.
Gain control of target creature until end of turn.  Untap it.  It may block any number of creatures this turn.

Steel Trap    -  C
Artifact

Bear Trap

Artifact (C)

Barren Earth

Sorcery

Oracle Owl

Creature -- Bird (C)
Flying
2/1

Ancient Temple Land C Whenever ~ becomes tapped, ~ deals 3 damage to you. T: add 2 to your mana pool

1/5 

I might keep going with some snow cards.

Argivian Blizzard |
Snow Sorcery
~ deals 1 damage to each creature and planeswalker.
~ has flash if you spend snow mana to cast it.

@ Dr D: It's worse (as in not as good a card as) Rain of Tears.  or the common Stone Rain for that matter.

Earthshatter

Instant

Crippling Weakness

Enchantment
All creatures get -1/-0

Honey Trap

Creature - Illusion
2/1

Instant

Blood for Blood

Instant
Destroy target creature.

Ruination of Stone

Sorcery

Suffering

Instant

Mana Frost
Snow Instant
Add to your mana pool.
Draw a card. 

Icy Veins

Instant

Encroaching Frost
Sorcery

Gar'tuun Raiders
First Strike
3/2 

Glacial Wastes
Snow Land

Grasp of Winter

Sorcery

Taiga Snelves |
Snow Creature — Elf
1/1

Snow Fort |
Snow Creature — Wall
Defender
Protection from Snow.
0/7

Ice Stone

Snow Artifact

Desperate Feast

Instant
Each player sacrifices a creature, then gains life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness
"Day 72 -- I'd like to say we drew lots to determine who would feed the rest of us through this terrible winter, but in reality we simply turned on James, for he bulged like a ripe melon, waiting to be devoured." - Journal found in a deserted camp

Pack Outcast |
Creature - Wolf
2/2

Snow Snidd
Creature- Beast
3/3

Can we get a throw back to snidds?

Shiver Sliver
Snow Creature - Sliver
2/2

Teferi's Sliver
Creature - Sliver
3/3 

Icy Wind

Instant
Tap target creature.  If that creature isn't snow, Icy Wind deals 2 damage to it.

Instant

Return to nothing.

Lim-Dûl's Ghoul |
Creature — Zombie
Morbid: If a creature died this turn, return ~ from your graveyard to your hand.
3/1

Creature - Human Rogue

1/1

Shape the Earth

Sorcery (C)

Drafna's Erasure

Instant

Fill the Seas

Sorcery (C)

Moan Splitter -- 
Artifact -- Equipment
Equip

Light the Skies

Sorcery (C)
--Ogo creation myth

I don't even know, guys. 

I'm sorry, when did "balance" become a requirement?

Nah, I like a bit of kick to my spells:

Æther Ripple  :Xm::Xm::Um:  -  C
Sorcery

Return X target creatures to their owners' hands.

Arcane Eye

Creature - Eye
Flying
2/1

An End to Suffering
Sorcery

Creature - Human Soldier

0/2

He better be worth

Lightning Arc

Sorcery (C)

Touch of the Unreal

Instant

Preserved Cadavers |
Artifact
As long as Preserved Cadavers is in a graveyard, it is a 2/2 black Human creature with Scavenge .
—Krovikan Bog-Witch

Epochrasliver
3/3

Instant

Chain of Dust

Sorcery

This is madness.

No, this is madness.

Samite Gambit |
Sorcery
You gain eight life.
Madness
It paid off.

Sight Unseen

Instant

Rift Sliver
Creature - Sliver
Suspend 4-
5/5

Hope Breaker

Sorcery

Spitfire Sprite | :rgm::rgm:
Creature — Faerie
: Spitfire Sprite deals one damage to target creature or player and one damage to you.  Add or to your mana pool.
1/1

Pride Breaker

Sorcery

Simic Sliver
Creature - Sliver Mutant
All Slivers have evolve.
0/1 

Goblin Snow Shovel |
Artifact — Equipment
If equipped creature would deal combat damage to a creature or player, you may sacrifice it instead.  If you do, Goblin Snow Shovel deals 4 damage to that creature or player.
Equip

Counterspell

Instant
Counter target spell.

(reprint)

Momir's sliver
creature- sliver mutant
All slivers have graft.
2/2

Venomous Miasma

Instant

Druid's Sphere |
Artifact

Orb of Inhibition

Artifact

Natural Inspiration |
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant land

Fade

Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Land

Creature - Bear

2/2

Bare Harvest

Sorcery

Mesa Rootwalla |
Creature - Lizard
1/1

Flesh Flayer

Creature - Horror
2/1

Creature - Skeleton

1/1

Charming Siren

Creature - Siren
1/2

Contemplate |
Sorcery
Draw two cards.
-Jace Beleren

Deceitful Siren

Creature - Siren
1/1

Balduvian Highwayman |
Creature — Human Rogue
Ambush (You may cast this creature during your combat phase after blockers have been declared.  If you do, it enters the battlefield tapped and attacking a player or planeswalker of your choice.)
2/1

Ignite |
Sorcery
-Chandra Nalaar

Flask-bound Homunculus

Creature - Homunculus
Haste, Defender
0/2

Where's the spiders?

Isty Bitsy Spider
Reach
0/1

Primordial Mistake

Creature (No subtypes)
Primordial Mistake can't be equipped or enchanted.  It can't have counters placed on it and its power, toughness, color, name, types, and subtypes can't change.
2/2

Flourish |
Sorcery
-Nissa Revane

Rimebound Ghost

Snow Creature - Spirit
Flying
2/2

Frost Devil

Snow Creature - Devil
Frost Devil has first strike as long as it's blocking
2/2

Vial of Lightning
Artifact - Equipment
Equip

Ice Elemental

Creature - Elemental
As solid as earth and a thousand times more bitter, Ice elementals embody the harshest aspects of winter.  They hate the warmth of life absolutley, and countless travellers in snowy environs have been lost to their bitter claws.
4/3

Terrorize |
Sorcery
-Liliana Vess

Frosty Expanse
Snow Land
, : add to your mana pool
, Sacrifice Frosty Expanse: Search your library for a snow land and put it onto the battlefield tapped.  Then, shuffle your library.

Old Fisher |
Creature - Human
"Oh, I got a bite."
1/1

Frozen to Death 
Instant

Creature - Bear

1/1

Icy Touch

Instant

Mindless Thug
Creature -- Zombie

2/1 

Lotus Bud
Artifact

Ulgrothan Crystal

Artifact

Buried Wisdom
Sorcery

Heat Sink

Snow Artifact

Stab |
Sorcery
Use the pointy end.

Wack
Sorcery

Boreal Delerium

Snow Instant

Plant
Sorcery 

Snowfield
Snow Land

Ice Cap
Snow Land

Nudge As an additional cost, tap an untapped creature you control. Remove target creature you control from combat. See just so.

Sea Ice
Snow Land

Giant Scarecrow
Intimidate, Reach
Protection from Birds

4/4 

Frost Marsh
Snow Land

Frigid Pines
Snow Land

Wendigo

Snow Creature - Yeti
Wendigo's power and toughness are equal to the number of snow permanents you control
*/*

Springtouched Field
Land

Terrraborn Blast
Instant

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Good. NWO should cry.
56544366 wrote:
If a card works well in Standard, does fun but not totally broken things in Modern, and gets stupid in Legacy, I call that designing for everyone's enjoyment.
That's a lot of cards to sift through. I'll get to this when I get home.

Also, how do we decide which cards are in? Are we going to have a cutoff point for minimum number of votes required for inclusion or something? Or, is it a 'you got one vote, you're in' sort of thing?

Edit: Votes.

Show
Grizzled Bears
Creature - Bear
2/2

Grisly Bears -- 
Creature - Zombie Bear
2/2

Brain Drain

Sorcery

Grizzled Guard

Defender, first strike
2/2

Molten Firecat

*/1

Hey, bear based meta.

Tribal Instant - Bear

2/3

Lightning Reflexes

Enchantment -- Aura (C) 
Enchant creature 

Bear Trap

Artifact (C)

Barren Earth

Sorcery

Oracle Owl

Creature -- Bird (C)
Flying
2/1

1/5 

Sorcery

Earthshatter

Instant

Crippling Weakness

Enchantment
All creatures get -1/-0

Instant

Blood for Blood

Instant
Destroy target creature.

Ruination of Stone

Sorcery

Suffering

Instant

Icy Veins

Instant

Gar'tuun Raiders
First Strike
3/2 

Glacial Wastes
Snow Land

Grasp of Winter

Sorcery

Taiga Snelves |
Snow Creature — Elf
1/1

Pack Outcast |
Creature - Wolf
2/2

Kjeldoran Elite |
Creature — Human Knight
2/2

Icy Wind

Instant

Instant

Return to nothing.

Creature - Human Rogue

1/1

Shape the Earth

Sorcery (C)

Fill the Seas

Sorcery (C)

Moan Splitter -- 
Artifact -- Equipment
Equip

Light the Skies

Sorcery (C)
--Ogo creation myth

I don't even know, guys. 

Arcane Eye

Creature - Eye
Flying
2/1

Creature - Human Soldier

0/2

He better be worth

Lightning Arc

Sorcery (C)

Touch of the Unreal

Instant

Preserved Cadavers |
Artifact
—Krovikan Bog-Witch

Instant

Chain of Dust

Sorcery

Sight Unseen

Instant

Hope Breaker

Sorcery

Creature — Faerie
1/1

Pride Breaker

Sorcery

Counterspell

Instant
Counter target spell.

(reprint)

Venomous Miasma

Instant

Druid's Sphere |
Artifact

Orb of Inhibition

Artifact

Natural Inspiration |
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant land

Fade

Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Land

Bare Harvest

Sorcery

Mesa Rootwalla |
Creature - Lizard
1/1

Flesh Flayer

Creature - Horror
2/1

Creature - Skeleton

1/1

Charming Siren

Creature - Siren
1/2

Contemplate |
Sorcery
Draw two cards.
-Jace Beleren

Deceitful Siren

Creature - Siren
1/1

Ignite |
Sorcery
-Chandra Nalaar

Flask-bound Homunculus

Creature - Homunculus
Haste, Defender
0/2

Banish |
Sorcery
Exile target creature.
-Elspeth Tirel

Where's the spiders?

Isty Bitsy Spider 
Reach
0/1

Flourish |
Sorcery
-Nissa Revane

Vial of Lightning 
Artifact - Equipment
Equip

Ice Elemental

Creature - Elemental
4/3

Terrorize |
Sorcery
-Liliana Vess

Old Fisher |
Creature - Human
"Oh, I got a bite."
1/1

Creature - Human Wizard
Haste
1/1

Icy Touch

Instant

Mindless Thug
Creature -- Zombie

2/1 

Ulgrothan Crystal

Artifact

Buried Wisdom
Sorcery

Potato 
Enchantment

Starved Farmer 
Creature - Human
Defender
1/2

Stab |
Sorcery
Use the pointy end.

Wack 
Sorcery

Boreal Delerium

Snow Instant

Snowfield
Snow Land

Ice Cap
Snow Land

Sea Ice
Snow Land

Giant Scarecrow 
Intimidate, Reach
Protection from Birds

4/4 

Frost Marsh
Snow Land

Frigid Pines
Snow Land

Wendigo

Snow Creature - Yeti
*/*

Springtouched Field
Land

Terrraborn Blast
Instant

Good. NWO should cry.

If memory serves and NWO is the "moar better creatures and no control elements" order, I agree fully

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

That's a lot of cards to sift through. I'll get to this when I get home.

Also, how do we decide which cards are in? Are we going to have a cutoff point for minimum number of votes required for inclusion or something? Or, is it a 'you got one vote, you're in' sort of thing?

Currently it's 10 votes and the card gets in, but that will likely change due to participation or lack of space in the set or w/e

Good. NWO should cry.

+1

I guess I should get to voting.

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com — A functioning forum

I vote for all the cards except the complexity ones, GM_Champion's ones and "Nukes", plus no slivers.

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Votes complete.

Originally, I was going to whittle the list down from here, but this too way too long to make.  So, I'm just voting for everything that passed my first cut.

Votes
White
Creature - Human Scout
Protection from Bears.
1/2

Grizzled Guard

Defender, first strike
2/2

1/5 

Kjeldoran Elite |
Creature — Human Knight
2/2

Juggacrawler
Creature: Human Soldier
Indestructtable
Not quite a "Naught" yet. 1/1

Samite Gambit |
Sorcery
You gain eight life.
Madness
It paid off.

Creature - Bear
2/2

Starved Farmer
Creature - Human
Defender
1/2

Nudge
As an additional cost, tap an untapped creature you control. Remove target creature you control from combat.
See just so.

Humble Sliver
Creature - Sliver
All other Slivers are 1/1 creatures with no abilities.
"Assigning Human values to the Colony did not go as well as planned."
- Hive Experiments, Vol. XI
1/1

Blue
2/3

Oracle Owl

Creature -- Bird (C)
Flying
2/1

Snow Snidd
Creature- Beast
3/3

Teferi's Sliver
Creature - Sliver
3/3 

Instant
Return to nothing.

Really Good Book
Sorcery
Draw a card
Suspend 2 -

Drafna's Erasure

Instant

Drunwood Chiller
Dude, chill out. 

Fill the Seas

Sorcery (C)

Ursoform
2/2

Arcane Eye

Creature - Eye
Flying
2/1

Three Kingdoms Sliver
Creature - Sliver
4/4 

Touch of the Unreal

Instant

Charming Siren

Creature - Siren
1/2

Flask-bound Homunculus

Creature - Homunculus
Haste, Defender
0/2

Crux of Thought |
Instant
Spellshift (If a spell you control with the same converted mana cost as this spell would resolve, you may reveal this card from your hand and pay its Spellshift cost.  If you do, return that spell to your hand, place this card on the stack, and resolve this card's effects instead.)
Draw two cards.

Old Fisher |
Creature - Human
"Oh, I got a bite."
1/1

Buried Wisdom
Sorcery

Wack
Sorcery

Black
Grisly Bears -- 
Creature - Zombie Bear
2/2

Brain Drain

Sorcery

Tribal Instant - Bear

Vampire Understudy |
Creature — Vampire
Multikicker
Deathtouch
0/1

Lim-Dûl's Ghoul |
Creature — Zombie
Morbid: If a creature died this turn, return ~ from your graveyard to your hand.
3/1

An End to Suffering
Sorcery

Preserved Cadavers |
Artifact
—Krovikan Bog-Witch

Hope Breaker

Sorcery

Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature.
"Why won't it die?!"

Bare Harvest

Sorcery

Flesh Flayer

Creature - Horror
2/1

Creature - Skeleton
1/1

Relentless Bats
Creature - Bat
Flying
*/*

Terrorize |
Sorcery
-Liliana Vess

Mindless Thug
Creature -- Zombie
2/1 

Stab |
Sorcery
Use the pointy end.

Carnivorous tree
     creature-plant
      defender
    whenever a creature dies you may have cardname lose defender and get +3/-3 .    
         0/7

Red
Chiseled Bears -- 
Creature - Bear Golem
2/2

Poked Bear
Creature - Bear
3/1 

Bomb-Dropper Goblin  :Rm:  -  C
Creature - Goblin Warrior
:Rm:: Bomb-Dropper Goblin gains flying until end of turn
Whenever Bomb-Dropper Goblin attacks, if it has flying, it deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
1/1
"Stupid! Get running start first. THEN drop bomb!"

Molten Firecat

*/1

Lightning Reflexes

Enchantment -- Aura (C) 
Enchant creature 

Magbiter
Creature: Fox Elemental
: Deal 1 damage to target creature or player.
Illusive with a bite that burns like devil fire.
1/1

Uninspired Red Beater |
First strike, haste
7/2

Bodycounter
Creature: Dwarf Barbarian
If you declare ~ as an attacker and it cannot be blocked remove it from combat. (If player has no creatures or this card is unblockable it cannot be blocked.)
"One head, two arms, three legs... Must have lost some pieces around here somewhere."
3/3

Light the Skies

Sorcery (C)
--Ogo creation myth

Lightning Arc

Sorcery (C)

Chain of Dust

Sorcery

Balduvian Highwayman |
Creature — Human Rogue
2/1

Ignite |
Sorcery
-Chandra Nalaar

Giant Grow
Instant
Target giant you control gets +3/+3 until the end of turn.
"Uhh, are you sure this does what we think it does?" - Gobbo the deviant, last words

Pyromancer's Apprentice |
Creature - Human Wizard
Haste
1/1

Goblin Sage
Creature - Goblin
Haste
1/1

Poke
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast this tap an untapped creature you control. Deal 5 damage to target creature.
You can always use your claws.

Terrraborn Blast
Instant

Green
Grizzled Bears
Creature - Bear
2/2

Bear King
Creature - Bear
2/2

Klondike Bear |
Snow Creature — Bear
2/2

Pack Outcast |
Creature - Wolf
2/2

Seasonal Shift |
Sorcery
As you cast ~, sacrifice a land.
If the sacrificed land was snow, search your library for a non-snow land and put it onto the battlefield.  Otherwise, search your library for a snow land and put it onto the battlefield.

Karplusan Embrace |
Instant

Shape the Earth

Sorcery (C)

Instant

Mesa Rootwalla |
Creature - Lizard
1/1

Isty Bitsy Spider
Reach
0/1

Flourish |
Sorcery
-Nissa Revane

Catbug
Creature - Cat Insect
Phasing, Flying
PUT A BLANKET OVER IT
2/2

Giant Lazy Spider
Creature - Spider
Reach
Giant Lazy Spider can only block creatures that also attacked during their owners last turn.
"Rough estimations say it takes about 2 days for these species to get to the preys."
2/4

Bear Squared
Creature -- Bear
4/4 

Forrest Bear
Creature - Bear
"Run bear, run!" -Hans
2/2

Potato
Enchantment

Plant
Sorcery 

Sliver Bear
Creature - Sliver Bear
2/2

Multi
Band of bears
Creature - Bear
2/2
Looking at the cards we have now, I think five-color bear tribal will be the way to go for the draft.

Mesmerizing Chant |
Instant
~ can't be cast on your turn.
Gain control of target creature until end of turn.  Untap it.  It may block any number of creatures this turn.

Spitfire Sprite | :rgm::rgm:
Creature — Faerie
1/1

Simic Sliver
Creature - Sliver Mutant
All Slivers have evolve.
0/1 

Momir's sliver
creature- sliver mutant
All slivers have graft.
2/2

Giant Lazy Spyder
Creature - Spider Rouge
Reach
When ~ deals damage to a player, reveal your hand then draw a card.
2/4

Zombie Bear
Creature - Zombie Bear
If ~ would be destroyed, instead put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
Killing a Zombie Bear only makes it angrier. 
2/2 

Fast
Sorcery
"Too fast."
//
Furious 
Sorcery 
"Too furious"
Fuse (You may cast one or both halves of this card from your hand.) 

Death by Kitties
Sorcery
Destroy target creature. Put X 1/1 black and white cat creature tokens onto the battlefield distributed randomly among players where X is equal to the destroyed creature's toughness.
"No wait I'm allergic to adorableness!" 

Colorless
Polar Boar
Snow Creature - Boar
2/2

Steel Trap    -  C
Artifact

Bear Trap

Artifact (C)

Snowman
Artifact Creature - Golem
~ enters the battlefield with 3 +1/+! counters on it.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from ~: add  to your mana pool.
0/0

Shiver Sliver
Snow Creature - Sliver
2/2

Icy Wind

Instant

Silver Sliver Sliver of Sliver Liver
Tribal Artifact - Sliver
Whenever a sliver enters the battlefield, that permanent's controller gains 1 life.
"Ohhh shiny" - Some Goblin's Last words

Goblin Snow Shovel |
Artifact — Equipment
Equip

Druid's Sphere |
Artifact

Fade

Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Land

Rimebound Ghost

Snow Creature - Spirit
Flying
2/2

Vial of Lightning
Artifact - Equipment
Equip

Frozen to Death 
Instant

Icy Touch

Instant

Lotus Bud
Artifact

Heat Sink

Snow Artifact

Boreal Delerium

Snow Instant

Giant Scarecrow
Intimidate, Reach
Protection from Birds
4/4 

Wendigo

Snow Creature - Yeti
*/*

Land
Ancient Temple
Land C
Whenever ~ becomes tapped, ~ deals 3 damage to you.
T: add 2 to your mana pool

Frosty Expanse
Snow Land
, : add to your mana pool
, Sacrifice Frosty Expanse: Search your library for a snow land and put it onto the battlefield tapped.  Then, shuffle your library.

Frozen Lake
Snow Land
: add to your mana pool.  If Frozen Lake is not snow, add to your mana pool instead.

Snowfield
Snow Land

Ice Cap
Snow Land

Sea Ice
Snow Land

Frost Marsh
Snow Land

Frigid Pines
Snow Land

Bear Den
Land
, : Create a 2/2 green Bear creature token.
Beware the Bear.

Springtouched Field
Land

This ends today or tommorow, whenever I finish tallying the votes.
Votes
Grizzled Bears
Creature - Bear
2/2

Grisly Bears -- 
Creature - Zombie Bear
2/2

Brain Drain

Sorcery

Grizzled Guard

Defender, first strike
2/2

Molten Firecat

*/1

Hey, bear based meta.

Tribal Instant - Bear

2/3

Lightning Reflexes

Enchantment -- Aura (C) 
Enchant creature 

Bear Trap

Artifact (C)

Barren Earth

Sorcery

Oracle Owl

Creature -- Bird (C)
Flying
2/1

1/5 

Sorcery

Earthshatter

Instant

Crippling Weakness

Enchantment
All creatures get -1/-0

Instant

Blood for Blood

Instant
Destroy target creature.

Ruination of Stone

Sorcery

Suffering

Instant

Icy Veins

Instant

Gar'tuun Raiders
First Strike
3/2 

Glacial Wastes
Snow Land

Grasp of Winter

Sorcery

Taiga Snelves |
Snow Creature — Elf
1/1

Pack Outcast |
Creature - Wolf
2/2

Kjeldoran Elite |
Creature — Human Knight
2/2

Icy Wind

Instant

Instant

Return to nothing.

Creature - Human Rogue

1/1

Shape the Earth

Sorcery (C)

Fill the Seas

Sorcery (C)

Moan Splitter -- 
Artifact -- Equipment
Equip

Light the Skies

Sorcery (C)
--Ogo creation myth

I don't even know, guys. 

Arcane Eye

Creature - Eye
Flying
2/1

Creature - Human Soldier

0/2

He better be worth

Lightning Arc

Sorcery (C)

Touch of the Unreal

Instant

Preserved Cadavers |
Artifact
—Krovikan Bog-Witch

Instant

Chain of Dust

Sorcery

Sight Unseen

Instant

Hope Breaker

Sorcery

Creature — Faerie
1/1

Pride Breaker

Sorcery

Counterspell

Instant
Counter target spell.

(reprint)

Venomous Miasma

Instant

Druid's Sphere |
Artifact

Orb of Inhibition

Artifact

Natural Inspiration |
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant land

Fade

Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Land

Bare Harvest

Sorcery

Mesa Rootwalla |
Creature - Lizard
1/1

Flesh Flayer

Creature - Horror
2/1

Creature - Skeleton

1/1

Charming Siren

Creature - Siren
1/2

Contemplate |
Sorcery
Draw two cards.
-Jace Beleren

Deceitful Siren

Creature - Siren
1/1

Ignite |
Sorcery
-Chandra Nalaar

Flask-bound Homunculus

Creature - Homunculus
Haste, Defender
0/2

Where's the spiders?

Isty Bitsy Spider 
Reach
0/1

Flourish |
Sorcery
-Nissa Revane

Vial of Lightning 
Artifact - Equipment
Equip

Ice Elemental

Creature - Elemental
4/3

Terrorize |
Sorcery
-Liliana Vess

Old Fisher |
Creature - Human
"Oh, I got a bite."
1/1

Creature - Human Wizard
Haste
1/1

Icy Touch

Instant

Mindless Thug
Creature -- Zombie

2/1 

Ulgrothan Crystal

Artifact

Buried Wisdom
Sorcery

Potato 
Enchantment

Starved Farmer 
Creature - Human
Defender
1/2

Stab |
Sorcery
Use the pointy end.

Wack 
Sorcery

Boreal Delerium

Snow Instant

Snowfield
Snow Land

Ice Cap
Snow Land

Sea Ice
Snow Land

Giant Scarecrow 
Intimidate, Reach
Protection from Birds

4/4 

Frost Marsh
Snow Land

Frigid Pines
Snow Land

Springtouched Field
Land

Terrraborn Blast
Instant

Don't worry, I'm a doctor.

Next time lets not quote the whole card but just put the name. I have no idea why I said to quote the cards.
neither do I, thats why I posted a list as well as the card quotes.

Level 1 Judge

Anyone want to help me tally these up? I'm up to morgothra. We'll probably do a google docs next round and just have everyone do it themselves, unless zokorad is around. He likes to fudge those up.
If it was more entertaining, I'd totally be down to help.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Total Votes by Color
White:

Adepts of the Frozen Temple - XI
Banish - VIII
Blood for Blood - IX
Elder Trapper - IX
Enforcer of Rules - V
Grizzled Guard - XII
Humble Sliver - V
Juggacrawler - VIII
Kjeldoran Elite - X
Nudge - VII
Samite Gambit - VIII
Savannah Bear - X
Senior Officer - XII
Starved Farmer - IX

Blue:

Æther Ripple - VI
Arcane Eye - XI
Buried Wisdom - XII
Charming Siren - X
Contemplate - X
Counterspell - VIII
Crux of Thought - V
Deceitful Siren - IX
Drafna's Erasure - VIII
Drunwood Chiller - VII
Falling Icicles - VI
Fill the Seas - XI
Flashbound Homunculus - X
Honey Trap - VII
Honeypot Trap - V
Mana Frost - VIII
MORE CARDS - VII
Natural Inspiration - XI
Obsessive Resesarcher - V
Old Fisher - XII
Oracle Owl - XII
Reality Check - XI
Really Good Book - IX
Riftmaster - V
Sabotaged Study - V
Safeway Spy - IX
Sight Unseen - IX
Sign in Ink - VII
Snow Fort - VI
Snow Snidd - VII
Strength of Undeath - V
Stunted Growth - X
Teferi's Sliver - VII
Three Kingdoms Sliver - VII
Touch the Unreal - XI
Ursoform - VIII
Whack - XII
Young Bhikku - XI

Black:

An End to Suffering - VIII
Bare Harvest - X
Barren Earth - IX
Blacktusk - V
Brain Drain - XI
Carnivorous Tree - V
Charmed Ossein - XI
Crippling Weakness - XI
Flesh Flayer - X
Found in the Woods - XII
Grave Trade - IX
Grisly Bears - XII
Hope Breaker - XI
Lim-Dul's Ghoul - VI
LESS CARDS - VI
Mindless Thug - XI
Preserved Cadavers - IX
Pride Breaker - X
Relentless Bats - VII
Stab - XII
Strength of Undeath - VII
Suffering - X
Terrorize - XI
Vampire Understudy - VII
Venomous Miasma - XI

Red:

Argivian Blizzard - V
Balduvian Highwayman - VII
Bearrage - VI
Bodycounter - VI
Bomb-Dropper Goblin - VI
Brutal Redemption - V
Burn the Bloodline - X
Chain of Dust - X
Chiseled Bears - IX
Earthshatter - VIII
Fire in the Hole! - V
Gar'tuun Raiders - X
Giant Grow - V
Goblin Sage - VII
Ignite - XII
Light the Skies - X
Lightning Arc - XI
Lightning Relfexes - XI
Magbiter - VII
Molten Firecat - XIII
Poke - IX
Poked Bear - VIII
Primordial Mistake - VI
Pyromancer's Apprentice - IX
Ruination of Stone - VIII
Tendersmiter - VIII
Terraborn Blast - X
Thaw - VI
Uninspired Red Beater - VII

Green:

A Hunter - VIII
Bear King - VIII
Bear Squared - VIII
Catbug - VII
Craw Wurm - VI
Flourish - XII
Forrest Bear - VII
Giant Lazy Spider - VI
Greasy Bears - VIII
Great Werebear - VI
Grizzled Bear - XI
Honeybear Pair - VI
Itsy Bitsy Spider - X
Karplusan Embrace - VIII
Klondike Bear - VII
Lead the Pack - XII
Mesa Rootwalla - X
Pack Outcast - X
Plant - VIII
Potato - IX
Pruneclaw Bears - VII
Scardy Bear - VI
Seasonal Shift - VI
Shape the Earth - XI
Sliver Bear - VII
Taiga Snelves - X
Ursa Major - VIII

Artifacts and Colorless:

Bear Trap - XI
Boreal Delerium - IX
Cosmic Marble - I
Desperate Feast - VI
Druid's Sphere - XII
Encroaching Frost - VII
Epochrasliver - VIII
Fade XI
Frost Devil VI
Frozen to Death - VII
Giant Scarecrow - X
Goblin Snow Shovel - VIII
Grasp of Winter - VIII
Heat Sink - VIII
Ice Elemental - VIII
Ice Stone - VII
Icy Touch - XII
Icy Veins - X
Icy Wind - X
Lotus Bud - IX
Moan Splitter - IX
Orb of Inhibition - IX
Polar Boar - VIII
Rimebound Ghost - VII
Scarebear - VII
Shiver Sliver - VI
Silver Sliver Sliver of Sliver Liver - V
Snowman - VI
Steel Trap - VIII
Stormicano Crow - V
Three-Eyed Scarecrow - VIII
Ulgrothan Crystal - VIII
Vial of Lightning - XII
Wendigo - VIII
Winter Globe V

Multicolored:

Band of Bears - VII
Death by Kitties - VI
Fast // Furious - VII
Giant Lazy Spyder - VI
Mesmerizing Chant - VI
Momir's Sliver - VII
Rift Sliver - VII
Simic Sliver - VIII
Sliver Licid - V
Sliverling - IV
Spitfire Sprite - IX
Zombie Bear - V

Lands:

Ancient Temple - VII
Bear Den - VII
Dreamatorium - XI
Frost Marsh - IX
Frosty Expanse - VI
Frigid Pines - IX
Frozen Lake - VII
Glacial Wastes - IX
Ice Cap - IX
Sea Ice - IX
Snowfield - IX
Springtouched Field - X

This is probably right. If you voted for 'every card except' and one of the cards you voted for was not voted for by at least one person that didn't vote for 'every card except' it's not on the list, because I'm too lazy to sift through all the pages of that thread looking for a card that got four votes.

I'd make the cutoff point eight or more votes. There are very few cards that got ten or more and if we only take those we'll have to make two or three more threads about commons and I really don't want to tally up that many votes again. You could also make it seven or more votes, but I think eight is better since eight means at least 3/4 of us voted for a card.
Following Echo_Robin's eight votes and in rule: we have a list of 11 white cards, 22 blue cards, 18 black cards, 17 red cards, 16 green cards, 23 artifacts, 2 multicoloured cards and 8 lands:

List

White:
Banish 
Blood for Blood 
Elder Trapper 
Grizzled Guard
Juggacrawler 
Kjeldoran Elite
Samite Gambit
Savannah Bear
Senior Officer 
Starved Farmer 

Blue:
Arcane Eye 
Buried Wisdom 
Charming Siren 
Contemplate
Counterspell 
Deceitful Siren 
Drafna's Erasure 
Fill the Seas 
Flashbound Homunculus
Mana Frost 
Natural Inspiration
Old Fisher 
Oracle Owl 
Reality Check 
Really Good Book
Safeway Spy 
Sight Unseen 
Stunted Growth
Touch the Unreal
Ursoform 
Whack 
Young Bhikku

Black:
An End to Suffering
Bare Harvest
Barren Earth 
Brain Drain
Charmed Ossein
Crippling Weakness 
Flesh Flayer
Found in the Woods 
Grave Trade 
Grisly Bears 
Hope Breaker 
Mindless Thug
Preserved Cadavers 
Pride Breaker
Stab 
Suffering 
Terrorize 
Venomous Miasma

Red:
Burn the Bloodline
Chain of Dust
Chiseled Bears 
Earthshatter 
Gar'tuun Raiders 
Ignite 
Light the Skies 
Lightning Arc 
Lightning Relfexes 
Magbiter 
Molten Firecat 
Poke 
Poked Bear 
Pyromancer's Apprentice
Ruination of Stone 
Tendersmiter 
Terraborn Blast

Green:

A Hunter 
Bear King
Bear Squared 
Flourish 
Greasy Bears 
Grizzled Bear
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Karplusan Embrace 
Lead the Pack 
Mesa Rootwalla
Pack Outcast
Plant
Potato 
Shape the Earth
Taiga Snelves 
Ursa Major

Artifacts and Colorless:
Bear Trap
Boreal Delerium
Druid's Sphere 
Epochrasliver 
Fade
Frozen to Death 
Giant Scarecrow
Goblin Snow Shovel 
Grasp of Winter 
Heat Sink 
Ice Elemental 
Icy Touch 
Icy Veins 
Icy Wind 
Lotus Bud 
Moan Splitter 
Orb of Inhibition
Polar Boar 
Steel Trap
Three-Eyed Scarecrow
Ulgrothan Crystal 
Vial of Lightning 
Wendigo 

Multicolored:
Simic Sliver
Spitfire Sprite 

Lands:
Dreamatorium 
Frost Marsh
Frigid Pines
Glacial Wastes
Ice Cap 
Sea Ice 
Snowfield 
Springtouched Field
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
How many more do we gain where at 7?

Whoa amazing guys. Did you do all the votes or just everything after mogothra?

Also I really wanted two more common rounds that are more specific to round out certain thems within the set. So I dunno.

Also I really wanted two more common rounds that are more specific to round out certain thems within the set. So I dunno.

In that case, I think the question becomes who many less do we have by having the cutoff at 9?
Urza is my Shepherd. Planet Multiverse
On Tolarian Time Bubbles
56849398 wrote:
147480487 wrote:
I'd hate to accidentally walk partially into one.
Random Tolarian wizard's last words. ;)
Real life fact: I'm terrified of Grizzly Bears, Polar Bears... and bears that could potentially blink into reality through a time rift.

I just started from the beginning, just to be sure.

Changing the cutoff point to nine leaves us with 74-ish cards. Changing it to ten makes 58 cards, give or take because I probably miscounted. We could go with ten, that would mean we'd need at least  one more common round.

Cards with 10 or more votes. (Probably miscounted.)
White (5):

Grizzled Guard
Kjeldoran Elite
Savannah Bear
Senior Officer

Blue (13):

Arcane Eye
Buried Wisdom
Charming Siren
Contemplate
Fill the Seas
Flashbound Homunculus
Natural Inspiration
Old Fisher
Oracle Owl
Reality Check
Touch the Unreal
Whack
Young Bhikku

Black (14):

Bare Harvest
Brain Drain
Charmed Ossein
Crippling Weakness
Flesh Flayer
Found in the Woods
Grisly Bears
Hope Breaker
Mindless Thug
Pride Breaker
Stab
Suffering
Terrorize
Venomous Miasma

Red (9):

Burn the Bloodline
Chain of Dust
Gar'tuun Raiders
Ignite
Light the Skies
Lightning Arc
Lightning Relfexes
Molten Firecat
Terraborn Blast

Green (8):

Flourish
Grizzled Bear
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Lead the Pack
Mesa Rootwalla
Pack Outcast
Shape the Earth
Taiga Snelves

Colorless (7):

Bear Trap
Druid's Sphere
Fade
Giant Scarecrow
Icy Veins
Icy Wind
Vial of Lightning

Lands (2):

Dreamatorium
Springtouched Field
(All of my counts are based on Echo's original count, not his/her recount).

There are 115 total commons with 8 votes or more, leaving negative 25 commons to be designed by the original plan.

I'm going to be upfront with my preference; I think we should just design a slightly bigger set, like Core Set sized, instead of a 225-card set.  I think this idea is popular enough to make it happen.  My preference is for an 8-vote cutoff with an increased set size.

In any case, we still have some very prevalent themes to build off of with this set.  While some of the themes are shallow, others are quite deep at an 8-vote cutoff (like Bears).

Because a few standout cards in many themes have high vote counts, what you'll see as we increase the cutoff is we lose depth for most of our themes, while retaining breadth.  This is generally bad for drafting, as your deck is harder to make consistent (regardless of the power level of individual cards).
Eight+ Votes by Color
White:
Banish - VIII
Blood for Blood - IX
Elder Trapper - IX
Grizzled Guard - XII
Juggacrawler - VIII
Kjeldoran Elite - X
Samite Gambit - VIII
Savannah Bear - X
Senior Officer - XII
Starved Farmer - IX

Blue:
Arcane Eye - XI
Buried Wisdom - XII
Charming Siren - X
Contemplate - X
Counterspell - VIII
Deceitful Siren - IX
Drafna's Erasure - VIII
Fill the Seas - XI
Mana Frost - VIII
Natural Inspiration - XI
Old Fisher - XII
Oracle Owl - XII
Reality Check - XI
Really Good Book - IX
Safeway Spy - IX
Sight Unseen - IX
Stunted Growth - X
Touch the Unreal - XI
Ursoform - VIII
Whack - XII
Young Bhikku - XI

Black:
An End to Suffering - VIII
Bare Harvest - X
Barren Earth - IX
Brain Drain - XI
Charmed Ossein - XI
Crippling Weakness - XI
Flesh Flayer - X
Found in the Woods - XII
Grave Trade - IX
Grisly Bears - XII
Hope Breaker - XI
Mindless Thug - XI
Preserved Cadavers - IX
Pride Breaker - X
Stab - XII
Suffering - X
Terrorize - XI
Venomous Miasma - XI

Red:
Burn the Bloodline - X
Chain of Dust - X
Chiseled Bears - IX
Earthshatter - VIII
Gar'tuun Raiders - X
Ignite - XII
Light the Skies - X
Lightning Arc - XI
Lightning Relfexes - XI
Molten Firecat - XIII
Poke - IX
Poked Bear - VIII
Ruination of Stone - VIII
Tendersmiter - VIII
Terraborn Blast - X

Green:
A Hunter - VIII
Bear King - VIII
Bear Squared - VIII
Flourish - XII
Greasy Bears - VIII
Grizzled Bear - XI
Itsy Bitsy Spider - X
Karplusan Embrace - VIII
Lead the Pack - XII
Mesa Rootwalla - X
Pack Outcast - X
Plant - VIII
Potato - IX
Shape the Earth - XI
Taiga Snelves - X
Ursa Major - VIII

Artifacts and Colorless:
Bear Trap - XI
Boreal Delerium - IX
Druid's Sphere - XII
Epochrasliver - VIII
Fade XI
Giant Scarecrow - X
Goblin Snow Shovel - VIII
Grasp of Winter - VIII
Heat Sink - VIII
Ice Elemental - VIII
Icy Touch - XII
Icy Veins - X
Icy Wind - X
Lotus Bud - IX
Moan Splitter - IX
Orb of Inhibition - IX
Polar Boar - VIII
Steel Trap - VIII
Three-Eyed Scarecrow - VIII
Ulgrothan Crystal - VIII
Vial of Lightning - XII
Wendigo - VIII

Multicolored:
Simic Sliver - VIII
Spitfire Sprite - IX

Lands:
Dreamatorium - XI
Frost Marsh - IX
Frigid Pines - IX
Glacial Wastes - IX
Ice Cap - IX
Sea Ice - IX
Snowfield - IX
Springtouched Field - X

We have 85 Commons with the cutoff at 9, which leaves 5 to be designed by the original plan -- Most importantly, we have 0 slivers at this point, and only 4 bears remaining (split across 4 colors, which is hardly a draftable theme).  That's because lots of people are voting for playable, but mostly themeless commons, while they are splitting votes to cards of themes they like.  Also, the strongest cards across many themes get lots of votes, which leaves us with high breadth, but low depth.
Nine+ Votes By Color
White:
Blood for Blood - IX
Elder Trapper - IX
Grizzled Guard - XII
Kjeldoran Elite - X
Savannah Bear - X
Senior Officer - XII
Starved Farmer - IX

Blue:
Arcane Eye - XI
Buried Wisdom - XII
Charming Siren - X
Contemplate - X
Deceitful Siren - IX
Fill the Seas - XI
Natural Inspiration - XI
Old Fisher - XII
Oracle Owl - XII
Reality Check - XI
Really Good Book - IX
Safeway Spy - IX
Sight Unseen - IX
Stunted Growth - X
Touch the Unreal - XI
Whack - XII
Young Bhikku - XI

Black:
Bare Harvest - X
Barren Earth - IX
Brain Drain - XI
Charmed Ossein - XI
Crippling Weakness - XI
Flesh Flayer - X
Found in the Woods - XII
Grave Trade - IX
Grisly Bears - XII
Hope Breaker - XI
Mindless Thug - XI
Preserved Cadavers - IX
Pride Breaker - X
Stab - XII
Suffering - X
Terrorize - XI
Venomous Miasma - XI

Red:
Burn the Bloodline - X
Chain of Dust - X
Chiseled Bears - IX
Gar'tuun Raiders - X
Ignite - XII
Light the Skies - X
Lightning Arc - XI
Lightning Relfexes - XI
Molten Firecat - XIII
Poke - IX
Terraborn Blast - X

Green:
Flourish - XII
Grizzled Bear - XI
Itsy Bitsy Spider - X
Lead the Pack - XII
Mesa Rootwalla - X
Pack Outcast - X
Potato - IX
Shape the Earth - XI
Taiga Snelves - X

Artifacts and Colorless:
Bear Trap - XI
Boreal Delerium - IX
Druid's Sphere - XII
Fade XI
Giant Scarecrow - X
Icy Touch - XII
Icy Veins - X
Icy Wind - X
Lotus Bud - IX
Moan Splitter - IX
Orb of Inhibition - IX
Vial of Lightning - XII

Multicolored:
Spitfire Sprite - IX

Lands:
Dreamatorium - XI
Frost Marsh - IX
Frigid Pines - IX
Glacial Wastes - IX
Ice Cap - IX
Sea Ice - IX
Snowfield - IX
Springtouched Field - X

At a Ten Vote cutoff, we're down to 60 cards, which allows for 30 more commons to be designed by the original plan.  But our themes are even more fractured.  Also, at this point, we've lost multicolored cards.  Lastly, there are still some Snow cards left, even ones that produce -- except we've lost all the actual Snow lands; this is what I mean by themes fracturing.
Ten+ Votes By Color
White:
Grizzled Guard - XII
Kjeldoran Elite - X
Savannah Bear - X
Senior Officer - XII

Blue:
Arcane Eye - XI
Buried Wisdom - XII
Charming Siren - X
Contemplate - X
Fill the Seas - XI
Natural Inspiration - XI
Old Fisher - XII
Oracle Owl - XII
Reality Check - XI
Stunted Growth - X
Touch the Unreal - XI
Whack - XII
Young Bhikku - XI

Black:
Bare Harvest - X
Brain Drain - XI
Charmed Ossein - XI
Crippling Weakness - XI
Flesh Flayer - X
Found in the Woods - XII
Grisly Bears - XII
Hope Breaker - XI
Mindless Thug - XI
Pride Breaker - X
Stab - XII
Suffering - X
Terrorize - XI
Venomous Miasma - XI

Red:
Burn the Bloodline - X
Chain of Dust - X
Gar'tuun Raiders - X
Ignite - XII
Light the Skies - X
Lightning Arc - XI
Lightning Relfexes - XI
Molten Firecat - XIII
Terraborn Blast - X

Green:
Flourish - XII
Grizzled Bear - XI
Itsy Bitsy Spider - X
Lead the Pack - XII
Mesa Rootwalla - X
Pack Outcast - X
Shape the Earth - XI
Taiga Snelves - X

Artifacts and Colorless:
Bear Trap - XI
Druid's Sphere - XII
Fade XI
Giant Scarecrow - X
Icy Touch - XII
Icy Veins - X
Icy Wind - X
Vial of Lightning - XII

Multicolored:

Lands:
Dreamatorium - XI
Springtouched Field - X

That's a nice summary.

At this point if we go with ten, which I think we should, we've lost slivers (I'm not too broken up about that), multicolored, and, as EternalUnreality said, almost all the snow cards. I'd just as soon abandon any snow cards (sorry Icy Touch) we have left and fill those empty slots next round.

Alternatively, the next round could require us to make nothing but snow cards so that the theme actually has some support. However, because we need so many white, red, and green cards to catch up to blue and black,  (going by Eternal's count, we need 9 white, 5 red, and 6 green cards to match the 14 blue and black, which leaves us 10 miscellaneous slots), it would put the majority of themed cards in those colors.
But if we go Ten none of my cards make it! If we go eight, only one of my cards makes it though. Meh. I don' care. I guess the more get cut, the better my chances are next round. I'll have to go Tevish on y'all's **** and machine gun post these cards.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
(going by Eternal's count, we need 9 white, 5 red, and 6 green cards to match the 14 blue and black, which leaves us 10 miscellaneous slots), it would put the majority of themed cards in those colors.

This is actually a good thing.  I know we're not playtesting the cards or set, but for the limited environment you want to have draftable themes.  This is something the R&D team is doing a much better job implementing in real Magic today, like how U/B have far fewer slivers in M14, which allows a typically 3-color-at-most draftable sliver deck -- which is great for a limited environment that's light on fixing.

An alternative option is to have a variable cutoff for each color:

White cuts off at 8

Blue and Black cut off at 11

Red and Green cut off at 9

Colorless cuts off at 10

Multi-colored cuts off at whatever (Do we want any multi-colored?  I'm fine with some, but not beholden to them)

Lands cut off at 9

That gives us something closer to 70-ish Commons (I didn't count), but evens our colors out more.  This would let us have a couple more Common rounds to strengthen draftable themes.

core sets only have 250 cards so it's not much of an increase. I'll figure out what direction I want to take this in the morning. I can just as easily force some themes anyway.
core sets only have 250 cards so it's not much of an increase.

Yeah, I guess that's true these days.  Sorry, I still think of core sets as things like Revised or 7th Edition.  300+ card sets.  I forgot that they're smaller with yearly releases now.

may i lobby for snow snidd it got a decent amount of votes :/

The biggest Vorthos Ever I'd rather have an awesome mechanic than the most flavor any day. Constantly coming up with cards all the time. So if you see a card you like tell me. Constantly trying to get into card of the week if you see a card you like please nominate.

Sign In to post comments