[M14-ICD] Sanguine Bond

53 posts / 0 new
Last post
IMAGE(http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/products/m14/poi798sjkasd/gwihRtSBlU_EN.jpg)

Sanguine Bond
Enchantment (Rare)
Whenever you gain life, target opponent loses that much life.
"Blood is constant, Every drop I drink, someone must bleed." - Vradeen, vampire nocturnus

This is a reprint.
This could cost 2 less and it still wouldn't be that good. Why do they keep printing jank.

Stop the H4TE

This could cost 2 less and it still wouldn't be that good. Why do they keep printing jank.

I won the only EDH game I ever played because of this card
Limited combo with Congregate!
Well, the price of this is about to plummet.

It's notable that this is legal with Exquisite Blood for the next 3 months... 

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, if you're trolling or you've just never seen this card in action but this card is fairly good and has seen play in tournaments. Although you also said that you believed Traumatize would see play in the higher echelons of tournament play..Which it won't, because it's milling and has never been a problem aside from one tournament deck I found that had traumatize as a one of in the sideboard which I don't know was ever sided in or played.
extort
NO WAR

DOD replaces human label with terrorist Blood-Chin Fanatic

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

LXD (animation battle) - The Good,The Bad & The RA

a build around bomb.

<----- Loser.

"Jank" is not made better because you drop the cost. If a card is very narrow, it's going to be perceived as bad and not be used, and that's at almost any mana cost.

Those cards are costed according to how they would be used. If this cost , it would be overpowered in many casual groups.

I hate how people think that something should cost less just because they don't play it as it costs now.
the greatest mana rift is between 4 and 5 mana count
NO WAR

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

Also, basicallty an insta-win with Vizkopa Guildmage.  2-card combos that end the game are pretty nice, at least in casual.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Also, basicallty an insta-win with Vizkopa Guildmage.  2-card combos that end the game are pretty nice, at least in casual.

this and the Guildmage are the same half of this combo, the other half is Exquisite Blood
so mill yourself, overextend your creatures as much as you can (powerful creatures, including lifelink creatures and vizkop guildmage)

drop this

then crypt incursion?
And have a terrible version of living end?
And have a terrible version of living end?

no, not really that at all actually
Oh so just your own original awful idea then. It's bad.
what a horrible attitude someone has
oh look, a number engine

IMAGE(http://images.yourdictionary.com/images/442.11.abacus.GIF)

images.yourdictionary.com/abacus

NO WAR

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, if you're trolling or you've just never seen this card in action but this card is fairly good and has seen play in tournaments.

To be fair, "tournaments" in this case is "EDH".
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
"Good in EDH" is not a good way to evaluate a card's quality. 
"Good in EDH" is not a good way to evaluate a card's quality. 

Where have i read this before..?    Tongue Out
Not sure if you're being sarcastic, if you're trolling or you've just never seen this card in action but this card is fairly good and has seen play in tournaments.

To be fair, "tournaments" in this case is "EDH".

To be fair, Tournaments in this case is what I actually meant, I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to put words in my mouth. I have no idea why you and Shadowchu have such a vendetta against EDH but it's none of my concern and I never even mentioned it. It's been used in a Pro tour, States and National Qualifiers as a sideboard card that did see action and who knows it may achieve something with Vizkopa Guildmage in this rotation.
EDH has an staging mechanic through the general
 that can make a combo mechanic one sided
so a cards comparative value may not match how it would function in standard
NO WAR

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

It's been used in a Pro tour, States and National Qualifiers as a sideboard card that did see action and who knows it may achieve something with Vizkopa Guildmage in this rotation.

A sideboard card in a deck that can't be searched on any major database. Sounds legit.

Also, Sanguine Bond has zero Synergy with Vizkopa Guildmage.  
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
It's been used in a Pro tour, States and National Qualifiers as a sideboard card that did see action and who knows it may achieve something with Vizkopa Guildmage in this rotation.

A sideboard card in a deck that can't be searched on any major database. Sounds legit.

It has very little synergy with the guildmage when there is no other cards involved but even in that scenario, for 6(Not counting casting the guildmage or bond itself, as you seem to be the kind of person that would try and nitpick everything)  mana you can give a creature lifelink, then cause your opponent to lose life double of what you gained from it, assuming of course that your opponent blocked the lifelinker. With other cards in use the synergy between the two increases. As for Bonds use, I have no idea what database you're using but it was used in Esper Control/Open the Vault decks and Vampires as a sideboard card, usually for very specific match ups or the mirror. I use TCG player for database knowledge but don't just take my word for it:
www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.a...
Niels Viane had the highest placing Esper deck for Pro tour San Diego with Sanguine bond in the sideboard. Others played the same deck with Sanguine bond in the sideboard but none finished as high Niels'. The other two events with Sanguine Bond showing up were 2010 National Qualifiers in Texas and 2009 States for South Carolina. Not amazing, not mainboarded but entirely fit the bill for my comment. It saw tournament play (No wins), it's a fairly good card in comparison to a majority of the cards in Magic's vast library and it's good in casual play, both Non-EDH, and EDH since you brought it up.
All i'm saying is, in the current format, you have tons of small black and white creatures (through extort mechanic styling and just generally in standard right now) that produce strong effects (blood scrivener, blood artist, high priest of penance, vampire nighthawk, deathrite shaman, rakdos cackler, tithe drinker and vizkopa guildmage) etc

on top of that, after this set is out, we'll have both alive//well and congregate which basically ask you to overextend or play tokens to get the most out of it, they also mitigate some of the risk of being full out aggro by gaining you some life back (along with being cheap to trigger extort if you go that route)

sanguine bond or vizkopa guildmage + crypt incursion turn 6 can end the game...

not saying it isn't a little janky, but there are multiple cards of the key pieces, has flexibility through the creatures available in black and white now to handle different deck types

But it has great synergy with doubling season. 3/3
Eh. I wish they reprinted better stuff...

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13

Give your creatures life link with the guildmage, swing and let them hit?
It saw tournament play (No wins), it's a fairly good card in comparison to a majority of the cards in Magic's vast library and it's good in casual play, both Non-EDH, and EDH since you brought it up.

You know what's a card played in tournaments? Thoughtseize. Do you know how I can tell? Because when I search it up, it's played in thousands of decks from A-Z as a four-of in the mainboard.

Sanguine Bond is a heaping piece of crap. Having it as a one-of in the sideboard in five unremarkable decks is no conviction of its use.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:

In that case, it also has synergy with Angel's Mercy.

Bond/Mercy 2016

Tier 1. Get all the ladies. 
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
I for one am a big fan of Sanguine Bond, it works wonders in my casual BW deck. Probably would never play it in srs bsns Standard or anything tournament-y, but it has done some disgusting things in my playgroup, infinite combos aside.
Ironically me and Shadowchu both dislike edh, unironically, it is for the exact opposite of reasons.

That being said, I believe this has shown up a few times in standard builds last year. I'm suprised more extort decks don't run it too...  
It saw tournament play (No wins), it's a fairly good card in comparison to a majority of the cards in Magic's vast library and it's good in casual play, both Non-EDH, and EDH since you brought it up.

You know what's a card played in tournaments? Thoughtseize. Do you know how I can tell? Because when I search it up, it's played in thousands of decks from A-Z as a four-of in the mainboard.

Sanguine Bond is a heaping piece of crap. Having it as a one-of in the sideboard in five unremarkable decks is no conviction of its use.

Then we have this guy. Comparing a 5 drop enchantment, to a 1 drop sorcery. It would be like comparing a honda civic to a ford mach 1.
Then we have this guy. Comparing a 5 drop enchantment, to a 1 drop sorcery. It would be like comparing a honda civic to a ford mach 1.

Which clearly illustrates that one is a **** car and one is a good car.

Sanguine Bond is a **** card, and Thoughtseize is a good card. 
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:

In that case, it also has synergy with Angel's Mercy.

Bond/Mercy 2016

Tier 1. Get all the ladies. 

You said there is no synergy, and I was pointing out there was.  Also giving your creatures life link and swinging is generally better than just playing a life gain spell that has no other attribute to it.
You said there is no synergy, and I was pointing out there was.  Also giving your creatures life link and swinging is generally better than just playing a life gain spell that has no other attribute to it.

Or... or. You could play neither and have a competitively viable deck.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:

Because if a card isn't an autowin-card, it's horribly bad and has no place in any deck, especially casual decks that are more about the fun than insta-wins.

Stop. 

MTG Rules Advisor

That was not your original point which I responded to.  You were trying to say there was no synergy between the two cards.  While there is no infinite combo there is certainly synergy.

I am assuming you are not a big combo player though?
Because if a card isn't an autowin-card, it's horribly bad and has no place in any deck, especially casual decks that are more about the fun than insta-wins.

Stop. 

If you would read the conversation through, you would understand this is regarding a claim that Sanguine Bond has been seen in tournaments.

I am assuming you are not a big combo player though?

I am. Thoroughly.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:

Which clearly illustrates that one is a **** car and one is a good car.

Sanguine Bond is a **** card, and Thoughtseize is a good card. 

um one loses me life and the other rewards me for gaining life and i know that life gain is the best
Sign In to post comments