feats (only put one here for now )
steadfast determination

with a 36 point system taking 18 for con 
18+6+4+6(item) +2 levels +5 for tome total 41 
+15 to AC HP and concentration checks for ref and will checks 
15x20=300 HP before HD 
concentration checks 21+15= 36 before roll that is prity good I think 

any ideas how may e to make better 

Are you asking about how to make the race better? Tone it down some, or give it a giant LA. At least 2 or 3. 

You don't get any of your druid casting with those classes, which is really important. So swap them all.

Unless you just want to be a shapeshifter? In which case, do wildshape ranger 5, not druid. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#ranger

You should consider putting 1 or 3 of your level based advances into con. Not 2. This gives an even number and is more optimal. 

--

Realistically though, I have no idea what you want me to make better. So I can't really help much. 

"In a way, you are worse than Krusk"                               " As usual, Krusk comments with assuredness, but lacks the clarity and awareness of what he's talking about"

"Can't say enough how much I agree with Krusk"        "Wow, thank you very much"

"Your advice is the worst"                                                  "I'd recommend no one listed to Krusk's opinions about what games to play"

The race is a LA 2 it is out of sandstorm the wildshaping ranger would be perfect you are right but I think that comes from a book that is not allowed so druid it is
What is your goal? if you clarify it you will get responses. 

"In a way, you are worse than Krusk"                               " As usual, Krusk comments with assuredness, but lacks the clarity and awareness of what he's talking about"

"Can't say enough how much I agree with Krusk"        "Wow, thank you very much"

"Your advice is the worst"                                                  "I'd recommend no one listed to Krusk's opinions about what games to play"

Krusk, I think this is the result of one (or more) of KoS's multiple posts.  Why it's not posted on that thread, I'll never know...
I'm kind of split over the multi-posts; on one hand you end up with a lot of excess threads, but on the other hand, a single thread can get bogged down if you've got a lot of different things to address.

As for the build, if there's no worry about waiting (or it's starting at a sufficiently high level), the bear warrior prestige class (from Complete Warrior) might provide a better form than druid.

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. - Good Omens

Co-Author of the Dreamfane, Euralden Eye, Fulminating Crab, Gajuisan Crawler, Gruesome LurkerIronglass Rose, Sheengrass Swarm, Spryjack, Usunag, and Warp Drifter, and author of the Magmal Horror from Force of Nature.

My most popular campaign item; for all your adventuring convenience.
Zauber's Mutable Rod: This rod has a number of useful functions that make it easier to live in the wilderness. It is made of polished wood, with five studlike buttons on one end. Each button produces a different effect when pressed. Unless otherwise noted, the rod’s functions have no limit on the number of times they can be employed. When button 1 is pressed, one end of the rod produces a small flame, equivalent to a candle. When button 2 is pressed, the rod unfolds into a two-person tent, complete with bedrolls and warm blankets. When button 3 is pressed, the rod becomes a one-handed hammer, suitable for pounding pitons into a wall. When button 4 is pressed, the rod becomes a sturdy iron spade. When button 5 is pressed, the rod becomes a wooden bucket able to hold 2 gallons of liquid. Once per day, it can be commanded to fill with fresh water. If the rod is seriously damaged or broken in any of its alternate forms (button 2, 3, 4, or 5), it reverts to its basic rod form and cannot be activated for 24 hours. Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, minor creation; Price 375 gp; Weight 2 lb.
You seem to have forgotten that the race comes with three (sucky) humanoid HD. Even if you buy off all your LA (doable for a +2 by L20), you can't get better than 17 class levels by ECL 20.
You seem to have forgotten that the race comes with three (sucky) humanoid HD. Even if you buy off all your LA (doable for a +2 by L20), you can't get better than 17 class levels by ECL 20.

I don't have the source material but when you throw in three levels of 'humanoid' into the mix those abilties shouldn't look nearly as good at LA +2 when it takes an ECL 5 character to have them.

I swore it did, and double checked but didn't see any. 

Checked again today and I see why we would think it did.

The monster stat block presented has 3HD of humanoid, but the "As characters" does not. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression the only time you had to take those HD was if it was listed under the "Crucian characters have the following racial traits" area. In this case they are not listed.

This is probably something that should have been covered in an errata for sandstorm, but there isn't any. 

I swore it did, and double checked but didn't see any. 

Checked again today and I see why we would think it did.

The monster stat block presented has 3HD of humanoid, but the "As characters" does not. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression the only time you had to take those HD was if it was listed under the "Crucian characters have the following racial traits" area. In this case they are not listed.

This is probably something that should have been covered in an errata for sandstorm, but there isn't any.

Probably another one of those infamous mix ups.  Racial HD go into PC builds so it is actually the default and shouldn't need to be listed.  While you often see racial HD listed in "as PC" notes that is more reminder than anything else and I guess we could go through and find other examples where it was left off.

That seems to be right. 

Quote from the rules.

Creatures with 1 or less HD replace their monster levels with their character levels. The monster loses the attack bonus, saving throw bonuses, skills, and feats granted by its 1 monster HD and gains the attack bonus, save bonuses, skills, feats, and other class abilities of a 1st-level character of the appropriate class. 

Characters with more than 1 Hit Die because of their race do not get a feat for their first class level as members of the common races do, and they do not multiply the skill points for their first class level by four. Instead, they have already received a feat for their first Hit Die because of race, and they have already multiplied their racial skill points for their first Hit Die by four.

It has 3HD

Sign In to post comments