*** NEBULA'S 1V1 RANDOM MAGIC 2014 STEAM TOURNAMENT #1 ***

373 posts / 0 new
Last post
Welcome to Nebula's (that's me) 1st Magic 2014 Tournament!

THE TOURNAMENT HAS BEGUN!! The tournament hit it's 32 player mark, registration is closed.  The tournamnet style shosen by the the majority of people was a Swiss Tournament with Single Elimination Top 8.  Have fun and good luck everyone!

32/32 People have signed up. 

Prize:  A random game provided by me.  If you already have it, then the prize is a "Congratulations!". ;P  Two people have offered to donate a prize in lieu of my crap prize. ;P  One person has offered any $10 or under game via Steam while another has offered to purchase the upcoming Expansion for Magic 2014 coming out some time this September.  The winner can choose which one they want, and the left over prize will be used for my next tournament.  Thanks for the support guys!!

Note:  I just want to encourage everyone to help eachother practice!  There's nothing better for competition than friendly encounters.  In previous tournaments many of us get together and play with and against the decks we are given.  It tends to help quite a bit!  So don't hesitate to join and look someone up on the Steam The Planeswalking Dead and/or Nebula's Tournament Notifcations Group for some practice!  We have a lot of solidly good players and competitors in this competition, so if you are new, don't hesitate to ask for help!  Most of us don't bite...most... ;)

Round to Round Update 08/02/2013:  We are nearing the end and the top 8 is still anyone's guess!  With only 1 more round after this one, we are getting a better idea of who it might make it and who won't though!  Only 4 undefeateds left and after this round there will be only 2!  As always...good luck and have fun!

TIME SCALE UPDATE 08/02/2013:  Round 4 decks have been released!  Round 4 ends in 5 days on Wednesday, August 7th.  Round 5 begins the following day on August 8th.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW CHALLONGE BRACKET

CLICK HERE TO VIEW CHALLONGE CHAMPION'S BRACKET AFTER SWISS PORTION HAS ENDED

Tournament Start: 07/13/2013  Tournament End: TBD 

General Rules & Guidline:

I believe that a good player can play ANY deck vs. ANY deck and win (more times than not).  This is why I am running a random deck tournament.  To test who has the ultimate skills in Magic 2014.  Each player will play vs. another player in a Tournament to be determined (see below) using a Challonge bracket, playing the best 2 out of 3 games.  As mentioned in the title, this is a ONE VS ONE tournament.

How do we know it is random?  I'll make sure it is, trust me, it is not hard.  If you do not trust me, do not sign up.  Before each match I will randomly pick THREE decks from the entire deck pool, this includes ALL Expansions and ALL Deck Packs currently available at the time the tournament begins.  If you do not, or cannot, have all decks available please do not sign up for the tournament.  Promos ARE NOT ALLOWED until they are officially realeased.  No one will use the same deck within each match, although both opponents CAN end up with some of the same decks. For example, Nebula vs. Anon: Nebula can have GL, Anon can have GL, but neither one can have GL "twice".

--->Click "Show" to view available Promo cards allowed in the tournament:<---

To add a twist to this random deck element, out of the 3 decks randomly chosen, you choose which decks to play when.  Once a deck is chosen, it cannot be played again for the rest of the games within that match.

Why not use the new random deck selection provided in the new Magic 2014?  There are a few reasons, but the main reason is that I enjoy the format in which the decks a provided along with the choosing of the order we play our randomly chosen decks.  It also makes sure there are no "repeats" within a list.  This format is not necessarily about randomness as it is about variety.

Let me explain in a little greater detail below how things work:

Its me (Nebula on Steam) vs. Anon.

For Nebula the random decks he has access to include: GL, CMD, & MD.

For Anon the random decks she has access to include: AG, HS, & ED.  Decks randomly chosen for each player will be listed on the forums, updated in this original post as we move along.  Which decks the player chooses when will only be known when the match begins (outside a 3rd match if it is played, as there will be only 1 deck left to choose from).

Nebula and Anon play the best 2 out of 3 to see who wins.

Nebula & Anon can choose any of the 3 decks that they randomly received.  Say for the first round Nebula chooses CMD and Anon chooses AG.

Since I'm Nebula...We'll say I win the first round :P.  Each player now plays a 2nd round.  Nebula now has GL and MD to choose from.  Anon now has HS and ED to choose from.

We will say Nebula picks MD, Anon picks HS.

If Nebula wins, it is 2-0 and he won the match, the players are off to their next opponent.  If he loses, a 3rd round is now the deciding and final round in who wins the complete match.  Now the only option left for Nebula is GL while Anon will be using her last option with ED.  After Nebula and Anon play, their next games will be with a new set of 3 randomly chosen decks against their new opponents.

About "Re-matches":  There are NO RE-MATCHES.  If something happens, the person responsible takes the loss.  This may seem a bit harsh but these things happen and if it does, then the person who had the trouble will be the one who lost that particular game.  If someone makes a mistake, the timer runs out, etc., these are not means for a re-match.  Mistakes happen and are part of playing the game.

If you have no extra time, do not sign to participate and have only one or 2 days with one or 2 hours of availabilty.  If one or 2 people continually hold up everyone else they will be "asked" to concede the tournament.  Hopefully this does not happen.  Just try to be considerate of others and complete matches in a timely fashion.  If this will likely be a problem, then please refrain from joining.

CLICK "SHOW" TO VIEW LIST OF TOURNAMENT PLAYERS:
Show
I will update the list as more people sign up.

1.  minddrifter -----> Nebula
2.  True_Believer_02 -----> Yxanthymir
3.  dh50 -----> dh50
4.  Cortosis -----> Cortosis
5.  ShidoshiWins -----> Shidoshi
6.  felbatista -----> felbatista
7.  RsJackson -----> Ralph.Seymour.Jackson
8.  Bobtheratkillr -----> Bobtheratkillr
9.  Nunezilla -----> nunezilla
10.  chriseay -----> chriseay
11.  Mastergear_Owen -----> Garren_Windspear
12.  MATIGNAT -----> Mattaj312
13.  xyj_19911019 -----> Idomeneo
14.  short-term-duel -----> short-term-duel
15.  Draconarius -----> Draconarius
16.  Kangermu -----> Kangermu
17.  Hanmingzyy -----> hanmingzyy
18.  zywie -----> Zywie
19.  cheetahhh -----> cheetahhh
20.  Goyyy -----> stgoyer
21.  iiAyJayo -----> iiAyJayo
22.  Drogo10 -----> Drogo
23.  Grunthex -----> Grunthex
24.  Banglayna -----> TheLoneRanger
25.  tself55 -----> tself
26.  WrightJustice -----> WrightJustice
27.  slappywhite -----> slappywhite
28.  MvdL -----> Eikeltje
29.  Veggente -----> Veggente
30.  amo1337 -----> amo1337
31.  ChumpOnce -----> Einherjer
32.  Serephenne -----> Serephenne

People will be crossed out as they are eliminated.

There are 4 options of tournament styles that I am willing to run.  The first option is a Single Elimination Bracket Tournament.  The second option is a Double Elimination Bracket Tournament.  The third option is a Swiss Tournament with a Single Elimination Champion's Bracket involving the top 8 players after the Swiss portion has ended.  The fourth and last option is a Swiss Tournament without the Single Elimination Champion's Bracket.  When signing up  (see the proper format below) please list which of the above styles of tournament you would prefer.  After sign up is finished, I will run the style of tournament the majority of players want to play.  If there is a tie, I will randomly choose the style we will be playing.  Since I am running the tournament, I will leave the decision up to the rest of the players and will not be choosing a style myself.

When signing up please list the following:  The name you appear as on Steam, your timezone, the best available hours for you to play, and the preferred type of tournament among Single Elmination, Double Elimination, Swiss with Single Elimination Champions Bracket, or Swiss without the Single Elimination Bracket.  It should look something like this:

Steam Profile Name: Nebula
Timezone: Eastern Daylights/-500 GMT
Best Available Hours: 8am-8pm: All day every day.
Tournament Type: Single, Double, Swiss with , or Swiss without.

Note:  GMT and UTC timezones are the same thing in case anyone is confused.  If for some reason anyone's times or timezones change, please post on the forum about the changes and then edit the change in the initial sign up post.

PLEASE JOIN Nebula's 1v1 Random DotP Tournaments group on Steam to be able to better communicate with other players via Steam as well as on this Forum.  After each tournament I will drop all current members and have all the members of the new tournament join.

For rules and guidelines about the Swiss Tournament please click here for more information.

PLEASE POST wins and losses in bold red font.  Be clear and consise.  It should look like this: Nebula defeats Anon 2-1.  

Abbreviations for decks: AG = Avacyn's Glory, MD = Masks of the Dimir, CMD = Call of the Mul Daya,
EDM = Enter the Dracomancer, SH = Sliver Hive, FW = Firewave, GL = Guardians of Light, HS = Hunter's Strength,
MM = Mind Maze, DW = Deadwalkers.

The following decks are being used in the tournament (this will update as we move along):

CLICK "SHOW" TO VIEW LIST OF DECKS AND PLAYERS FOR ROUND 1 (A-P):
Show

chriseay -----> FW, GL, AG
nunezilla -----> HS, GL, SH

hanmingzzy -----> MD, SH, GL
Kangermu -----> CMD, AG, MM

Nebula -----> MM, CMD, DW
stgoyer -----> DW, SH, GL

Idomeneo -----> SH, HS, MM
Garren_Windspear -----> MD, SH, EDM

Bobtheratkillr -----> SH, AG, DW
felbatista -----> HS, CMD, FW

cheetahhh -----> HS, SH, DW
iiAyJayo -----> SH, GL, FW

Yxanthymir -----> DW, MD, CMD
Cortosis -----> MD, FW, SH

Veggente -----> HS, MM, MD
Mattaj312 -----> SH, MD, GL

Ralph.Seymour.Jackson -----> CMD, SH, MM
dh50 -----> GL, EDM, CMD

short-term-duel -----> HS, DW, FW
slappywhite -----> MM, CMD, DW

Grunthex -----> SH, MM, EDM
Zywie -----> DW, SH, HS

WrightJustice -----> MM, GL, EDM
Eikeltje -----> DW, MD, AG

amo1337 -----> MM, SH, FW
tself -----> MM, MD, GL

TheLoneRanger -----> CMD, DW, HS
Einherjer -----> MM, HS, FW

Drogo -----> DW, SH, CMD
Serephenne -----> EDM, GL, MM

Shidoshi -----> HS, SH, MM
Draconarius -----> CMD, FW, GL

CLICK "SHOW" TO VIEW LIST OF DECKS AND PLAYERS FOR ROUND 2 (Q-AF):
Show

nunezilla -----> HS, MD, DW
Draconarius -----> SH, HS, EDM

TheLoneRanger -----> MD, MM, HS
Serephenne -----> SH, MM, CMD

amo1337 -----> SH, AG, MM
Eikeltje -----> AG, FW, HS

short-term-duel -----> AG, FW, DW
Zywie -----> CMD, AG, EDM

Veggente -----> EDM, CMD, MD
dh50 -----> CMD, SH, AG

Bobtheratkillr -----> GL, MM, CMD
Cortosis -----> MM, FW, AG

Nebula -----> FW, EDM, SH
iiAyJayo -----> AG, HS, CMD

hanmingzyy -----> MM, MD, HS
Garren_Windspear -----> MD, FW, EDM

Drogo -----> DW, AG, MD
Einherjer -----> DW, MM, SH

WrightJustice -----> MM, CMD, HS
tself -----> CMD, SH, DW

Grunthex -----> SH, FW, CMD
slappywhite -----> DW, FW, HS

Ralph.Seymour.Jackson -----> DW, EDM, MM
Mattaj312 -----> CMD, GL, MM

Yxanthymir -----> FW, DW, GL
felbatista -----> DW, SH, MD

cheetahhh -----> FW, AG, MM
stgoyer -----> MM, GL, EDM

Idomeneo -----> GL, SH, AG
Kangermu -----> CMD, FW, HS

chriseay -----> MD, AG, EDM
Shidoshi -----> HS, CMD, EDM

CLICK "SHOW" TO VIEW LIST OF DECKS AND PLAYERS FOR ROUND 3 (AG-AV):
Show

short-term-duel -----> SH, MD, EDM
dh50 -----> AG, SH, MM

Yxanthymir -----> GL, EDM, HS
Mattaj312 -----> DW, HS, CMD

Bobtheratkillr -----> SH, MD, HS
Garren_Windspear -----> AG, SH, MM

Nebula -----> GL, DW, MD
nunezilla -----> EDM, AG, FW

tself -----> AG, SH, MM
Shidoshi -----> GL, SH, EDM

slappywhite -----> DW, CMD, MM
Drogo -----> HS, EDM, MM

stgoyer -----> HS, AG, GL
TheLoneRanger -----> DW, GL, EDM

Idomeneo -----> SH, FW, CMD
amo1337 -----> HS, CMD, GL

Zywie -----> MM, MD, CMD
hanmingzyy -----> HS, SH, GL

Eikeltje -----> AG, GL, MD
Veggente -----> HS, FW, GL

Serephenne -----> DW, AG, MM
iiAyJayo -----> AG, SH, FW

Draconarius -----> MM, GL, EDM
Cortosis -----> FW, SH, EDM

Grunthex -----> DW, EDM, HS
Einherjer -----> MD, AG, GL

Ralph.Seymour.Jackson -----> CMD, AG, GL
felbatista -----> SH, MM, HS

cheetahhh -----> CMD, SH, AG
Kangermu -----> HS, EDM, FW

chriseay -----> DW, EDM, MM
WrightJustice -----> AG, DW, HS

CLICK "SHOW" TO VIEW LIST OF DECKS AND PLAYERS FOR ROUND 4 (AW-BK):
Show

Idomeneo -----> DW, GL, MM
Einherjer -----> MD, MM, AG

Nebula -----> HS, DW, SH
tself -----> CMD, EDM, MD

chriseay -----> MM, SH, HS
slappywhite -----> AG, SH, CMD

felbatista -----> HS, FW, CMD
dh50 -----> AG, HS, GL

stgoyer -----> SH, MM, HS
Yxanthymir -----> GL, HS, DW

cheetahhh -----> MM, AG, MD
Bobtheratkillr -----> AG, HS, DW

nunezilla -----> DW, MM, AG
Shidoshi -----> DW, MD, EDM

Garren_Windspear -----> MM, MD, AG
short-term-duel -----> DW, GL, CMD

Mattaj312 -----> CMD, HS, EDM
amo1337 -----> SH, GL, MM

Veggente -----> GL, AG, CMD
TheLoneRanger -----> MM, SH, GL

Zywie -----> GL, FW, SH
Drogo -----> DW, MM, SH

iiAyJayo -----> EDM, HS, MM
Draconarius -----> AG, GL, MD

Serephenne -----> AG, HS, SH
Eikeltje -----> CMD, HS, FW

Grunthex -----> CMD, DW, FW
Kangermu -----> HS, GL, MD

Ralph.Seymor.Jackson -----> GL, CMD, FW
WrightJustice -----> EDM, HS, AG

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Sign me up!

Best Available Hours: 8am-8pm: All day every day.

Tournament Type: It is up to you!

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Didn't see anything about not running promos in the rules Neb.

If that is part of the deal then I'm in.

Steam ID: thedevilwuster

Time: US cdt

Available: after 6pm my time most days.

I will purchase the game and unlocks sometime this weekend.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Didn't see anything about not running promos in the rules Neb.

If that is part of the deal then I'm in.

Haha, of course I missed something. ;P  That is certainly a part of the rules.  No promos are allowed until they are OFFICIALLY released unless stated otherwise.  As of right now, they are strictly not allowed.  Thanks for bringing this up devil!  This has been edited in the original post.

Sign me up

Steam Profile name: dh50

Time Zone - Eastern / -500 GMT

Best Available Hours - 7am-9:30 am, and 9pm-1am every day.  This is a little restrictive and if it's an issue I can drop out.   

Tournament type: Double 
Steam Profile Name: Cortosis
Timezone: GMT - 0
Best Available Hours: 2pm-12am: All day every day.
Tournament Type: Single
Sign me up

Steam Profile name: Shidoshi

Time Zone: -3:00 GMT (Brazil, so southern hemisphere DST, for reference:Current local time in Brazil – São Paulo – Sao Paulo)

Best Available Hours - Afternoons should be mostly free once all my classes finish next week.

Tournament type: Swiss with Single Elimination for Top 8.

I'll have to work extra hard to finish unlocking all my decks and getting good builds for them. Gotta stop playing Sealed so much I guess.
I'm game.

Steam Profile name: felbatista

Time Zone: -3:00 GMT (Brazil)

Best Available Hours: 3pm-1am my time most days

Tournamet type: Swiss with Single Elimination for Top 8.

"Let the games begin!"
- Bane

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Sign me up

Steam Profile Name: Ralph.Seymour.Jackson 

Timezone: GMT

Best Available Hours: 8am-10pm: e.g Pretty Flexible!

Tournament Type: Relaxed, whatever the man decides
Get your game on!

Steam Name: Bobtheratkillr

Timezone: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Best time: Will have to discuss on a case by case basis, it varies alot.

Tournament type: Swiss with Single Elimination for Top 8.
Sign me up!

Steam Profile Name: nunezilla
Timezone: Pacific Standard Time/-700 GMT
Best Available Hours: Weekdays - It varies but 6am-8am and after 8pm are generally good.
                                   Weekends - Just about anytime.
Tournament Type: Swiss with Single Elimination for Top 8
This sounds great, I'm in!

Steam Profile Name: chriseay
Timezone: Pacific Time UTC -8
Best Available Hours: Variable, most days and some nights (unpredictable work schedule...) but available to play mostly when I'm not working
Tournament Type: Swiss with Single Elimination for Top 8
Oh yah, Swiss like the majority.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Ah poo, I guess I'd better focus on unlocking decks so I can get in on the next one!  Been spending my limited free time on Sealed and still have at least 7 decks to unlock.
Dagnabbit why does everything happen while I'm at work? Can't this entire international forum follow my schedule!

Steam Name: Garren_Windspear
Timezone: GMT
Best Available Hours: 11.00pm - 6am (about mid-afternoon onwards to America), almost anytime Saturday.
Tournament Type: The one where I win? Nah I'm good for anything.

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

Steam Profe: Mattaj312
Timezone: GMT (London)
Daylights/GMT
Available:10 am- 11pm, most of the days.
Tournament Type: Single
Sign me up!
Steam Profile Name: Idomeneo

Timezone: Beijing,China(GMT+8)
Best Available Hours: 8am-4pm: Monday to Thursday and 8am-2pm on Friday.
Tournament Type: Swiss with single elimination for Top 8.
Sign me up!
Steam Profile Name:short-term-duel
Timezone: Beijing,China(GMT+8)
Best Available Hours:11:30am-7:00pm every day.
Tournament Type: Swiss with single elimination for Top 8.
I'm in.

Steam Profile Name: Draconarius (steamcommunity.com/id/draconarius)
Timezone: Brisbane, Australia (GMT+10)
Best Availalble Hours: 6:00PM - 11:00PM on weekdays, any time on weekends. 
Tournament Type: Swiss with single elimination for top 8.
Dagnabbit...totally not ready for this yet, but sign me up anyways

Steam Profile Name: Kangermu
Timezone: Central Time Zone (GMT -6)
Best Availalble Hours: Afternoon, especially evening in the US. Pretty much any day/time except early weekdays
Tournament Type: Swiss with single elimination for top 8. Loved it last time, like to see it again
Ah poo, I guess I'd better focus on unlocking decks so I can get in on the next one!  Been spending my limited free time on Sealed and still have at least 7 decks to unlock.

Dagnabbit...totally not ready for this yet, but sign me up anyways

Steam Profile Name: Kangermu
Timezone: Central Time Zone (GMT -6)
Best Availalble Hours: Afternoon, especially evening in the US. Pretty much any day/time except early weekdays
Tournament Type: Swiss with single elimination for top 8. Loved it last time, like to see it again

Here I thought *I* was slacking, lol.  There's still a couple weeks left until we start.  Then again we are already at 16 people and not even 24 hours into sign-up...still, I say there is a solid week to get ready anyhow!

Looks like Swiss Style with a top 8 will be the majority vote (as of now anyhow).  The Swiss portion will consist of 5 rounds if anyone was wondering.  I usually like to do 2 rounds a week, but if everyone thinks that is too fast and we should go for 1 round a week please speak up.  After the 5 rounds the top 8 move forward to decide an ultimate Champion.

Excellent....this time there shouldn't be any pesky children being born to keep me from the crown
Excellent....this time there shouldn't be any pesky children being born to keep me from the crown

'sides, I ain't buyin' it 'till nect Fri.

See how I butchered the language there?

Yah, I've been drinking... so what?

Show

Sign me up!

SteamID:hahanmingzyy

timezone: eastern time

best time to play: weekends or weekdays after 7pm

format: Swiss with elimination for top 8 
Steam Profile Name: Zywie
Timezone: Pacific time zone (GMT - 8)
Best Availalble Hours: Evening-late evenings (Monday-Friday)
Tournament Type: Swiss with single elimination for top 8.
Steam Profile Name: cheetahhh   steamcommunity.com/id/cheetahhh/
Timezone: BST (GMT+1)
Best Availalble Hours: It depends on when I'm sleeping. Usually available afternoons and evenings.
Tournament Type: Double elimination
Check out my youtube channel for playthroughs, deck builds and online play with voice commentary! www.youtube.com/user/Fatality101
I'M in !

Steam Profile Name: stgoyer
Best Available Hours: 4PM-10PM mon-fri, and all weekend !
Tournament Type:  Double
So that's what 20 people in a little over 15 hours? Hey Neb I think you might want to revise that '32 or 2 Weeks; whichever comes first' thing unless your planning on starting the first round tommorow.

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

Steam Profile Name: iiAyJayo
Timezone: Central Daylight
Best Available Hours: Random times depending on the day. Just message me on steam and we'll figure something out.
Tournament Type: Swiss without.

Steam Profile Name: Drogo
Best Available Hours:  Evenings
Tournament Type: Swiss
I'd love to play in the next one. But for this one, I'm not even close to unlocking the decks....
Put me in the "Oh god I'm not ready" pile.

Steam Profile Name: Grunthex
Timezone: MDT (GMT -6 or 7?  2 hours behind those weird east coast north americans anyway)
Best Available Hours:  Evenings/Weekends
Tournament Type: Double Elimination (though I'm gonna lose this vote)
Steam Profile Name: TheLoneRanger
Best Available Hours: 12pm-2am
Tournament Type: Swiss, single-elim top 8 i guess. ( I wish one of these tournaments would do group stages, and then top X people from each group makes to to single elim playoff bracket)
So that's what 20 people in a little over 15 hours? Hey Neb I think you might want to revise that '32 or 2 Weeks; whichever comes first' thing unless your planning on starting the first round tommorow.

Lol, you're not joking man.  I will wait a week from today regardless, I didn't think it would fill up so fast!  Pretty awesome though!  So ya, anyhow, if we get to 32 soon we still won't start until a week from today, 07/13/2013.

Lol, you're not joking man.  I will wait a week from today regardless, I didn't think it would fill up so fast!  Pretty awesome though!  So ya, anyhow, if we get to 32 soon we still won't start until a week from today, 07/13/2013.

Excellent on the start time.
Download, pay, cut, go!

Show

Sign me up!

Steam Profile: tself
Timezone: US EST
Best Available: Weekends + Evenings
Format: Doesnt Matter to Me

Just unlocked all my cards in time! 
Bump for more competitors!
The OP not having an updated number of players registered is bugging my OCD
Steam Profile Name: WrightJustice
Timezone: BST (British Summer Time)
Best Available Hours:  1pm-3am, sometimes earlier if I get up earlier.
Tournament Type: Any.

I guess I will need to finish unlocking all the decks or hope I get decks I have finished, though HS would probably be the only one in true danger of being incomplete. 

Eye kneed teh speelchequer bach!

The OP not having an updated number of players registered is bugging my OCD

LOL, I feel your pain!!  It would bug me too, if I remembered about it, haha.  Thanks for letting me know, it has been updated.

im in!

Steam Profile name: slappywhite

Flexible availabilty. 

Tournament type: Double