Skillshot

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
Skillshot 
Instant
Throw ~ at target player from at least 2 feet away.  If you hit them, ~ deals 4 damage to that player or target creature they control.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
Skillshot 
Instant
Throw ~ at target player from at least 2 feet away.  If you hit them, ~ deals 4 damage to that player or target creature they control.

Is the target allowed to dodge?
Skillshot 
Instant

Is the target allowed to dodge?

They can try.

I recommend smoking a cigarette to create a "fog of war" that will restrict their vision and therefore ability to react. 

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
Hopefully you play in a venue that doesn't allow smoking. Which is pretty much all of them.
Hopefully you play in a venue that doesn't allow smoking. Which is pretty much all of them.

That's why you get the target drunk.

That's why you get the target drunk.

-.-
Woo gets to choose the location? if I'm the opponent I choose a doorway with the door closed.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
If I'm the physically disabled player I choose the courtroom.
If i use Twincast to make a copy, can I use a rock to represent my copy?

Level 1 Judge

Why use a rock when you can use a throwing knife? I'm pretty sure you automatically win if your opponent is dead.

Why use a rock when you can use a throwing knife? I'm pretty sure you automatically win if your opponent is dead.

I think that's something you'd have to ask a judge about.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
If you make throwing it an additional cost, you could just tap a mountain and throw it, rather than putting it on the stack and waiting for it to resolve and letting them see it coming.

Level 1 Judge

If you make throwing it an additional cost, you could just tap a mountain and throw it, rather than putting it on the stack and waiting for it to resolve and letting them see it coming.

Good point.  WOTC should hire you. 

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
But after the first time you played it, every time you tapped a mountain, your opponent would dive under the table...

BRILLIANT!!!! 
Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?
But after the first time you played it, every time you tapped a mountain, your opponent would dive under the table...

BRILLIANT!!!! 

I'm not sure whether additional costs necessarily have to be payed after the mana.  We need to call a judge.

I'd just take advantage of the lack of mana burn and bluff by tapping more lands than I needed. 

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
Costs can be paid in any order, but mana must be gnerated before paying costs. OoOS is a thing, though.

Level 1 Judge

BRILLIANT!!!! 

I'm not sure whether additional costs necessarily have to be payed after the mana.  We need to call a judge.

I'd just take advantage of the lack of mana burn and bluff by tapping more lands than I needed. 

I'd have 4 in my hand, and cast them all at once.

BRILLIANT!!!! 

Obviously, you play this card in limited so that you can play 5 at once.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:

BRILLIANT!!!! 

This card needs to have "you may have any number of cards named ~ in your deck," so 36 skillshot 24 mountin is playable.

BRILLIANT!!!! 

This card needs to have "you may have any number of cards named ~ in your deck," so 36 skillshot 24 mountin is playable.

Oh God, imagine the papercuts...

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:

Magic is like Pankration, if you literally kill your opponent, you lose :p

Magic is like Pankration, if you literally kill your opponent, you lose :p

I think we need a judge to help resolve this.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
Nothin in the comp rules when I searched for "injure" or "killed."  I think in this situation both players must agree on a way to proceed, but since one of those players is dead, the game is a draw.
Nothin in the comp rules when I searched for "injure" or "killed."  I think in this situation both players must agree on a way to proceed, but since one of those players is dead, the game is a draw.

What if the judge or tournament operator is a spiritual medium?

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
unless they can channel the spirit into its own lifeless corpse I doubt the judge or tournament operator can count as the other player
You've all got it wrong.

If a player died, once it came to their turn, they would most likely be unable to draw their card at the beginning of their turn.  After enough time, a judge would be able to force a forfeit due to unnecessary delay of game.
Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?
You've all got it wrong.

If a player died, once it came to their turn, they would most likely be unable to draw their card at the beginning of their turn.  After enough time, a judge would be able to force a forfeit due to unnecessary delay of game.

Does it count as a PT win if you get arrested for homicide immediately afterwards?

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote: