Mud Sorcerers Tomb and the Ridiculous Search ACs

Last night, I DMed part of the mud sorcerors tomb with my brother and one of his friends. The dungeon said four 14th level PCs, but we attempted it with two 16th level PCs which seemed to work fine.

The party consisted of a gnome cleric(lifegiver) and a human fighter. After running the first 12 rooms of the dungeon, here are the problems I saw.

Really high search DCs: The first problem came in room three(the tears room) when the PCs had to make search checks in order to notice the secret door on the west side of the room. The DC was 25 and both characters had a -1 to intelligence rolls. Luckiliy, the cleric rolled a 20 and they were able to move on, but if that hadn't happened they wouldn't have been able to go past the third room in the dungeon. If secret doors that lead to bonus rooms with treasure have high search DCs that's fine, but if you have to get past them to continue on the adventure a DC 25 is far too high.

Remove Curse is Necessary: The mummies mummy rot curse and the snake's "make saving throw or fall asleep for a year" ability could both be removed with a remove curse spell. Because our party had a cleric, this wasn't a problem, but if we hadn't had a cleric anyone who had been afflicted with those two abilities would be essentially dead.

We Didn't Have a Rogue: There were so many places in this dungeon where the players were asked to make open lock checks. We did not have a rogue, so I let my players just break things open with a hammer. I would have been fine with a few rogue only treasures, but it seemed like every room there was something that you could only get to with the pick locks still.

Healing Potion Doesn't Scale: Our fighter got a healing potion as treasure in one of the rooms. It healed an average of seven HP. His hit point total was about 210. Healing potions should scale to be actually usefull at higher levels.

Very Few Spells: The cleric didn't feel like he was contributing as much to combat as the fighter. His only spells that could do decent damage were high level, and he only had three high level spell slots (above five). This meant that on most turns he could only use sacred flame or hit with a weak melee attack while the fighter was unloading deadly strikes every turn powered up by expertise dice. I would have told him to play a more magey cleric, but currently those options don't give you more spell slots so it wouldn't have been worth it. This was not a problem in the low level campaign we did when spellcasters had more of thier higher level spells (meaning level two), but was deffinately a problem at level 16.

Few Spell Choices: There are only four 9th level cleric spells, and three of them are useless in combat. Instead of feeling like he had gained control over the most powerful magic of his class when he leveled up to level 17, the cleric felt that he was forced to just take mass heal because there were no better options. I assume that more spells will be added later in the playtest, but I still thought I should bring it up.

Mud Ring: The mud ring has I think eight different abilities, but none of them are particuarly good. The cleric who got the ring summoned an earth elemental to help fight the automatron, but the elemental was only a level 6 monster as was quickly defeated succeeding only in soaking a few hits from the metal monster. If you're going to give a magic item out in a level 14 dungeon, make it one that level 14 PCs will actually want to use.

Despite all that was mentioned above, I really enjoyed running this dungeon. It was interesting, the puzzles were fun without being too hard(my dyslexic brother figured out the door opening puzzle within three seconds which was funny), and the amount of treasure/XP made my party very happy.
The Oberoni fallacy only applies to broken rules, not rules you don't like. If a rule you don't like can be easily ignored, it should exist in the game for those who will enjoy it.