[[GAME/CONTEST]] Guilds of Innistrad

183 posts / 0 new
Last post
Guilds are a universal part of adventure. Throughout the many planes of the Multiverse, many guilds are displayed... from the lowly hunter's guilds of small, temperate forests to academic guilds hidden in secrecy within a large metropolis', to the highly recognized guilds of Ravnica. While some guilds, like those of Ravnica, are large and open to all, some are lesser known and shrouded in mystery; such are the guilds of Innistrad. With the release of the archangel Avacyn and her demonic rival Grislebrand, these once hidden guilds are now open, hoping for you to join there ranks and lead the fight to reclaim Innistrad. The time for sitting out of the fight is over: CHOOSE YOUR GUILD!

On the Side of Avacyn 

Venator, the Slayer's Brotherhood
Venator is the guild of hunters and slayers; those who wish to see the evil of Innistrad erased. They are devoted to tracking down even the most deadly of vampires, werewolves, and demons. If you truly want to see Grislebrand burn in the helvault, then join us.

Gyriod, the Spirit's Alliance
Gyriod is for those who are holy and true; it is the guild of spirits and clerics. Join us if you truly want to purge Innistrad free of evil geists and unholy magic.

On the Side of Griselbrand

Vernek, the Stitcher's Pact 
Long have we studied the graceful and grim art of stitching; that is, making life from death. Now, the great lord of evil, Grislebrand has come, and he requires an army of Skaabs, on that we will hapilly present. Join us if you wish to seek the true meaning of death.

Stromgard, the Royal's Syndicate 
The pestilent humans of the land have finally rosen up to challenge us; Ha! As if their mortal flesh stands a chance against the superior life-forms that are the vampires; Join us if you are of royal status and vampiric blood. We shall seen the humans slaughtered like the prey they are.

Un-alligned

Wildblood, the Howling Pack 
We wish only to embrace the true wilds of nature and run free; we worship none, be it angel or demon, and wish only to see a future where there is no control or power, but only freedom. Join the Pack, and you will be one with ferocity.

Koridia, the Pacifist's Trust 
The Koridia Trust's purpose is to preserve humanity in Innistrad. They are our food, and we are hunting them to extinction; perhaps we can help them, as they help us? That is our goal, and we welcome you to the Trust.

Choose your guild. We will start once every guild has at least 1 member. Each guild will be given challenges that must be overcome using ideas that are generated by their guild's theme. They will be graded on a point based system for how well they completed the task. Then, the guild with the least points will be knocked out, until only 1 guild remains. Go!

Show

Venator
Show

ConfusedasUsual
Tzaph
Fox_Captain72

Gyriod
Show

EternalUnreality
JadeCryptWish
Shockwave

Vernek
Show

Tevish_Zsat
MagicPablo666
Dr_Demento

Stromgard
Show

Sebanovich
AlienFinger79
Ulcaster

Wildblood
Show

Ninetailedfox
CuriousHeartless

Koridia
Show

0evil_overlord0
Dudibus
ulyth

Show
Upon the day that dragons were born, so to was the first white wig worn, by men who wished to make the world theirs, and in the process sorcery tears - the very fabric of space and time, dragging the dragons right into their prime, these monstrous beasts in philosophical mansions, stood right in the way of colonial expansions. To break these beasts a hero must be found, a hero of the future who can stand the sound - of centuries past and voices unfettered, and someone who'll carve dragon graves lettered - R, I, and P the three sacred symbols, that curse the dead to a land without gimbals. A land they'll never leave, because escape cannot conceive - itself, out of the grip of this mustachio'd hero, a Roosevelt who is comparable to zero. Family crest tattooed on his chest, the baddest m****rf****r this side of the West. And to the dismay of the colonial fools, their futuristic hero had to play by the rules, and the hero chosen by the dragons themselves, they summoned with a tome pulled from dusty shelves. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, or so they said, as their dragon tails were waggin'. And up from the depths, as the earth shook, the Oldest of Ones opened eyes for a look - at the battle that was about to be waged, the human champion that stood enraged - on the precipice between hither and yon, to battle this most eldritch scion. And with that, the tension was broken, the combat began, and each soul had spoken - its very last words, because as soon as time had started, so to had it ended, and sentience departed.
Join Vernek.  Skaberen forever!

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

So cool. I'm having trouble, since I really like Venator, Stromgard, and Wildblood. I used an RNG to decid on...Wildblood. Time to join the pack.
Cool, glad this is kicking off. I figured that it would be dismissed as stupid.  

Show
Upon the day that dragons were born, so to was the first white wig worn, by men who wished to make the world theirs, and in the process sorcery tears - the very fabric of space and time, dragging the dragons right into their prime, these monstrous beasts in philosophical mansions, stood right in the way of colonial expansions. To break these beasts a hero must be found, a hero of the future who can stand the sound - of centuries past and voices unfettered, and someone who'll carve dragon graves lettered - R, I, and P the three sacred symbols, that curse the dead to a land without gimbals. A land they'll never leave, because escape cannot conceive - itself, out of the grip of this mustachio'd hero, a Roosevelt who is comparable to zero. Family crest tattooed on his chest, the baddest m****rf****r this side of the West. And to the dismay of the colonial fools, their futuristic hero had to play by the rules, and the hero chosen by the dragons themselves, they summoned with a tome pulled from dusty shelves. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, or so they said, as their dragon tails were waggin'. And up from the depths, as the earth shook, the Oldest of Ones opened eyes for a look - at the battle that was about to be waged, the human champion that stood enraged - on the precipice between hither and yon, to battle this most eldritch scion. And with that, the tension was broken, the combat began, and each soul had spoken - its very last words, because as soon as time had started, so to had it ended, and sentience departed.
Claiming Koridia before Koridian can!

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Lol he was my inspiration. He can still join it.

Show
Gyriod for me.
wildblood pls i just thought of an awesme mechanic for it

The biggest Vorthos Ever I'd rather have an awesome mechanic than the most flavor any day. Constantly coming up with cards all the time. So if you see a card you like tell me. Constantly trying to get into card of the week if you see a card you like please nominate.

Gyriod, the Spirit's Alliance
Join Venator! It is time for vengence and liberation! as well as ideals from a outcasted devil who fights for humans! I introduce, the newest hunter of the Damned!

Dra'ci, Honorsworn
Legendary Creature - Devil Knight
Double strike, haste
When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy all other creatures.  Then return up to two target creature cards with total converted mana cost 6 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.  They gain haste.  Exile them at the beginning of the next end step.
3/4

She may be a devil but she respects humans and their lives! 
Venator.
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
I'll pick Stromgard then.

[Edit]: Just wanted to commend you for the idea. Very nice. =)
Photobucket Banner by zpikduM - typo also by zpikduM. =) Skide Fuld - Problem of Evil by frontsession Currently playing Standard: TurboJund Legacy: Zoo Block: Hahaha, good one! 1000th post on August 28, 2009 at 6:08PM
I pledge myself to Venator.

Also, this idea is awesome.
"Waaah there's a few cards I don't like in the latest set! This game sucks now! Everything should just always stay the same because I'm threatened by change! I'm going to quit! I'm quitting! SOMEONE PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEE" - approximately 10% of MtG players on all forums, ever. Read my thoughts, feed my ego! - www.tzaphiel.wordpress.com I'm also a writer! Search for "Gareth Topping" on Amazon!
I'm going with Koridia.
I decided to pick one at random. Looks like I'm Stromgard.
I pledge myself to Venator.

Also, this idea is awesome.

Thanks, it started as a vampire vs. werewolf bit, but that felt cliched, so this was born.

Show
Join Venator! It is time for vengence and liberation! as well as ideals from a outcasted devil who fights for humans! I introduce, the newest hunter of the Damned!

Dra'ci, Honorsworn
Double strike, haste
When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy all other creatures.  Then return up to two target creature cards with total converted mana cost 6 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.  They gain haste.  Exile them at the beginning of the next end step.
3/4

If she respects humans, why does she kill them?

Show
Is there still room in Vernek? If so, I'd like to be sewn in.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Pablo, Tevish, and I? Sounds like a party.

Vernek.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Yes, I am allowing a maximum of 3 people per guild.

Show
A party eh? We're like Hell's Knitting Circle.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.

Dra'ci, Honorsworn
Double strike, haste
3/4

If she respects humans, why does she kill them?

ah- ... well, you see- ...  Not all humans are good?
Not all animals are dogs. So this is like respecting animals and then beating dogs. 

Show
... hm... maybe change it to affect non-humans... should've changed that bit...
We arent making characters yet, so you dont have to worry right now.

Show
true, but it's still good to have a idea early on.
Gyriod.

Seems interesting.

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com — A functioning forum

Koridia
Gyriod or Vernek. If I can't, Stromgald or Wildblood
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Gyriod or Vernek. If I can't, Stromgald or Wildblood

Gyriod and Vernek are both full, so I out you in Stromgard.

Show
Wildblood need 1 more memeber before we start; who wants to join the pack?

You will be a werewolf AND YOU WILL LIKE IT! 

Show
 more puppys for the puppyless! cute little furry beasts... wait... I'm suppose to hate them... damn it!
You know... This doesn't take into account the Wolfir...
... wow I completely forgot about them... they had what? 2 cards?
... wow I completely forgot about them... they had what? 2 cards?

plus a couple art/flavor mentions.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

true... true... poor little things...
Um... five new psots and not one is a WIldblood?

Show
Dear future Wildbloods:  Join now, and Vernek will be sure to put your organs and limbs to good use in the future.

Manners little Vernek, sheesh, even us Venators have decency... We would use them to breed hunting hounds to hunt the damned and those vile bloodsuckers... Honestly it's not like we are monsters!
Looks like the Wilbloods will be down a memeber...

FIRST CHALLENGE:
Show

Now hold on there; you may be enthusiastic about killing demons/hunting evil/stitching zombies/drinking blood/hunting beasts/being charitable, but before you can join, we need to know more about you.

Make a creature to represent yourself. I will grade you based on how well your creature fits into your guild. Be creative.

Show
Well, I already posted mine but here is the more, "lore-friendly" version for my guild.

Dra'ci, Honorsworn
Double strike, haste
When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy all other non-human creatures. Then return up to two target creature cards with total converted mana cost 6 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.  They gain haste.  Exile them at the beginning of the next end step.
3/4

Backstory: Dra'ci use to torture the humans of Innistrad with her devil kin, but she was different than the others. She had adopted many human habits and cultral ideas that made the creatures of the night hunt humans in the first place. She wore clothing, hid in the Avacyn cathedrals to listen to Mikeus himself preach, and the most important thing that ended up making her a complete outcast... She made friends with a human family in Kessig and protected them from a pack of werewolves. After being chased out by her closest kin, she was brought in by a cathar who had passed her by and found her injured by the demon who had been her master. At first the cathar hadn't trusted Dra'ci in the slightest, but after teaching her the human lanuage and how to wield a blade they became something of a mother and a daughter. Dra'ci was then invited to join the Venator guild by her foster-mother when she reached what seem to be the 'age-of-reason' and rose into the ranks of the guild.
Sign In to post comments