Prescriptions for Madness: Light Em' Up

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spark
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
At the beginning of your end step, Spark deals one damage to enchanted creature.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of Spark attached to target creature. 
"Thank you for providing such excellent kindling, let me get you a match." - Tsaven Yore, Pyromaster

Art: The only light is a lit match falling, only inches from the floor. The floor is covered in some kind of oil, which can be seen by the reflection of the match it presents.

Mood: Anticipation
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Neat not terribly powerful, but can distinctly weaken your opponent. I enjoy it.
Played correctly this will never go away
Played correctly this will never go away

You can't garuntee that without indestructable creatures or the like, on its own you will have to keep piling these on a creature until it is dead. At first I was afraid that it was broken because of that, then I remembered Pyrohemia and failed to care anymore.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Well I'd probably play this more often. Or just run it with stuffy doll, and whenever they play anything put 4 copies of this onto that.
Well I'd probably play this more often. Or just run it with stuffy doll, and whenever they play anything put 4 copies of this onto that.

Exactly, I think the card is fun, but I don't think it does anything particularly more broken than Pyrohemia. The damage scales faster if you get it rolling though, so it probably works better in multiplayer.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
I think this is real cool. I think the times that the triggers trigger could be tinkered with, but that's minor.

As far as power, since it only damages creatures i'm sure it's fine. I mean come on blasphemous act is a thing, and the aforementioned pyrohemia.

you forgot "Enchant creature" btdubs
Although I like abilities that provide many options for players, I'm afraid your design creates surprisingly complicated mini-games with super-messy board states rather early in the game.. Most similar cards they printed were four-mana or five-mana cards like Traveling Plague and they're much cleaner! ^^;;