Douglas Engelbart,

54 posts / 0 new
Last post
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
Can we blame MJ?
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Are you kidding me? This has got MJ written all over it, of course we can blame him!
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Can we blame MJ?

<----- Loser.

This has got MJ written all over it

Mostly because you guys have written my name in every post so far, but whatever...

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Mostly because you guys have written my name in every post so far, but whatever...

And you were trying to stop us from being able to click on the reply button in posts to blame you for all the deaths you have caused by killing the inventor of the mouse. Unfortunately, or fortunately for us, you forgot one thing: to travel back in time so he couldn't have intented the mouse and the laptop trackpad would not have come along. You have failed in your evil lot you murderous jerk!!!
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.

I actually meant to take a screenshot of the article and write Mad Jack all over it, but got distracted with Netflix, and Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
You got drunk & fapped to Brown Bunny, didn't you?
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
You got drunk & fapped to Brown Bunny, didn't you?

No, it was 'Super', with whats his name from 'The Office' as the Crimson Bolt, I think it was HD who posted a preview for it a while back and I thought it looked interesting, but never saw it hit the theaters, it seems to have gone straight to Netflix along with 'God Bless America'. Theyre both pretty odd films, but worth checking out.
, it seems to have gone straight to Netflix along with 'God Bless America'. .

thats the one that I compared the main charcters to Otters....some folks didn't like the comparasion

ThorvaldHafgrimsson wrote:
Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
But then you have to pay the liability insurance.
A note about character and world creation
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone ever sig my qoutes!?
On the subject of who post in the Off-Topic Tavern:
57131438 wrote:
most of them are bored, immature adults.
Offical troller of the House of Trolls
, it seems to have gone straight to Netflix along with 'God Bless America'. .

thats the one that I compared the main charcters to Otters....some folks didn't like the comparasion

Well, thats a little unfair, after all, youre the one always going on about shooting people!
I actually meant to take a screenshot of the article and write Mad Jack all over it, but got distracted with Netflix, and Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout.

That's some good stuff, ain't it?  I had two yesterday.  Nummy.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

That's some good stuff, ain't it?  I had two yesterday.  Nummy.

Yep, thats some great stuff, Im lamenting the fact that  I only got 4 of em!
Heh, you can always get more.  I was kinda surprised it was as good as it is.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

I still haven't found it in my area. It is very dissapointing. I'm going to have to see if I can get any of the stores around here to order it. The closest place I found it is about 150 miles away.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
That sucks.  I bought mine at two different Giant Eagles.  They really do have an awesome selection of beer and I recently discovered that their liquor selection ain't half bad neither.  We picked up some Buffalo Trace bourbon when we got the beer, for example, and they carry Evan Willaims and Wathens (er, the one closer to my house had Wathens and the other didn't) and they've got Glenlivet and Glenmorangie - including the Nectar D'Or (my new favorite).  It's kwazy how good that stoopid grocery store is for booze.

EDIT:

nummy ...

Section Six Soldier

That sucks.  I bought mine at two different Giant Eagles.  They really do have an awesome selection of beer and I recently discovered that their liquor selection ain't half bad neither.  We picked up some Buffalo Trace bourbon when we got the beer, for example, and they carry Evan Willaims and Wathens (er, the one closer to my house had Wathens and the other didn't) and they've got Glenlivet and Glenmorangie - including the Nectar D'Or (my new favorite).  It's kwazy how good that stoopid grocery store is for booze.

EDIT:

nummy ...

The closest Giant Eagle to me is in Ohio. I'm hoping I can get one of the stores down here to start ordering it. If not, I'll just have to order it myself.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
That blows.  Ya'all got them Food Lions or whatever?  Hopefully some store near you will bring a few in.  I mean, they're awesome so it's not like they wouldn't sell.

Section Six Soldier

Nope, no Food Lions either. I mean, I can get a lot of other good beer and liquor, but it seems Samuel Smith beer just isn't one of the good beers. Oh well, I'll ask around and see if I can get any of the stores I go to to order some. I might ask tonight. I'm going to a party at a friend's house, and I'm going to pck up some tasty brews to take. I'm not sure which ones, though.

Anyone have any suggestions on what beers I should take?
RH, you are banned from making an suggestions. 
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
There's a place in Fort Lauderdale that carries it. Not sure how much good that does you, but...

*shrug*

edit: www.crownwineandspirits.com/store-locati...
Maybe there's a store near you.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
There's a place in Fort Lauderdale that carries it. Not sure how much good that does you, but...

*shrug*

edit: www.crownwineandspirits.com/store-locati...
Maybe there's a store near you.

Yeah, I found that place. I just posted it in the wrong thread. Is it just me, or after a while, does every thread just seem the same?
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Yeah, I saw that you'd posted about your find after I'd posted. And it's not just you. We seem to wander pretty consistently, particularly toward certain topics.
Yeah, it seems we gravitate towards the drinking threads. This is the tavern, so it seems appropriate wouldn't you say?

I also just found another place that has the Samuel Smith, and this one is a lot closer.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
I still haven't found it in my area. It is very dissapointing. I'm going to have to see if I can get any of the stores around here to order it. The closest place I found it is about 150 miles away.

Im having the same trouble finding the Sweet Baby Jesus!, the closest place is in Maryland, some 400 miles away, however, the place I ussually get beer from, Belmont Party Supply, said that if I get them the name of brewer, DuClaw, I believe, that they should be able to get some in there. Got my fingers crossed, I think it was MJ who posted something about the Sweet Baby Jesus!, so really I think he should be the one to get me some, its all his fault that im craving a peanutbutter/chocolate stout anyways, curse you Mad Jack!!

Yeah, right. Like I'm going to buy beer for somebody else when I'm not buying it for myself (especially for somebody who hasn't given me a kidney or saved my life in Vietnam or something) - I don't drink.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

Yeah, right. Like I'm going to buy beer for somebody else when I'm not buying it for myself (especially for somebody who hasn't given me a kidney or saved my life in Vietnam or something) - I don't drink.

What if Silver burned down his kitchen and asked you to drive to his place to fix it? Could you buy some beer along the way so he can drink while you work?
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
So I just got me some Samuel Smith. Igot the oatmeal stout, the chocolate stout, and they make an apricot stout. My curiosity for the better of me so I'll be trying that.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
They also have a strawberry, cherry, brown ale, lager, and some Other ones that I'll have to go back to try.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

What if Silver burned down his kitchen and asked you to drive to his place to fix it? Could you buy some beer along the way so he can drink while you work?

Hell, no - he's not that cute, and I don't even like him all that much... The price of me doing any repair work for him would leave him without the money to pay me back for the beer.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

Hell, no - he's not that cute, and I don't even like him all that much... The price of me doing any repair work for him would leave him without the money to pay me back for the beer.

Dont even like me that much!? Well F you man, Im keeping my kidney!!!

Yeah, but you didn't like that girl you drove to Russia to fix her kitchen. She was just a friend, remember? Why won't you do the same for your friend Silver_Sword?
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

Dude, unlike most of y'all here, I actually like my friends, lol.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

So are you saying that you don't like Silver_Sword, and thus he isn't your friend? That's just mean.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

So are you saying that you don't like Silver_Sword, and thus he isn't your friend? That's just mean.

He made me that Silversword Cadbury bar, so I know he likes me, you wouldnt do that for someone you didnt like!

But, anyways HS, howd you like the Samuel Smith's? 

Yeah, but you didn't like that girl you drove to Russia to fix her kitchen. She was just a friend, remember? Why won't you do the same for your friend Silver_Sword?

wait!, drove to Russia??!

in what? one of these?

<----- Loser.

It wasn't Russia; it was Jersey - that's even worse.
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?

He made me that Silversword Cadbury bar, so I know he likes me, you wouldnt do that for someone you didnt like!

It was pretty damn good. I tried the Apricot one also It smells like apricots, but the taste is not as apricoty as you would think from the smell. It's refreshing and crisp. Very nice.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
It wasn't Russia; it was Jersey - that's even worse.

Jersey? in one of these?

I think that pics from New Jersey too :-p    

<----- Loser.

It was pretty damn good. I tried the Apricot one also It smells like apricots, but the taste is not as apricoty as you would think from the smell. It's refreshing and crisp. Very nice.

I havnt tried any of their fruity ones, I dont ussually like fruity beer, but Samuel Smith has yet to let me down, so Im gonna have to give em a try. 
Sign In to post comments