7/4/2013 CT: "Cowardice"

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Command Tower, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
I've got better: cast Giant Growth on my Ink-Treader Nephilim, wrath your board.

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

I can understand why you would want to make cards fo commander but this is just insane. First of all it's an enchantment which makes it very easy to remove. Secondly it's blue at 7 mana, so it isn't the easiest thing to play early if you're going mono colour. For what is worth I wouldn't even call it a rare, maybe an uncommon but definitely not a rare. Commander was originally making 100 card decks of cards released in magic back in the day where commander wasn't actually something wizard catered for. Simply making a card affect multiple oppenents and have a high mana cost does not make it a good commander card.

Example of good commander card: Debt to the Deathless
Example of bad commander card: Barktooth Warbeard
IMAGE(http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a637/Duke-Daemon/impurple_zps3e279094.jpg)
Yikes! It's a one-sided Horobi, Death's Wail.

Time was, back in the day, I used to equip Horobi with Lightning Greaves, then Stifle or Trickbind the trigger, so that he could stick around. The purpose of course is everyone's favourite two-mana Plague Wind.

Why doesn't anybody but me remember Sway of Illusion? You can cycle it as a cantrip if you haven't got your Horobi enchantment, and use it to kill everything (or as a massive political bargaining chip) if you have.

These days Cauldron Haze would do just as well. The key is to search for that magic phrase "any number of target creatures".

One of my fondest memories of that deck, of course, is the terrible pun I came up with for its name. I still have the deck label saying "Swayve the Wails" on it.
I am quite pleased to see several of the cards I use in my Vorel EDH have shown up here as well.
Quit being such a hater, Jack. There are lots of ways to mana ramp in mono blue. This card with Goblin Sharpshooter = one sided board wipe. If you don't mind 3 card combos, using this card with Intruder Alarm and Adarkar Valkyrie = your memories are now my memories.
Quit being such a hater, Jack. There are lots of ways to mana ramp in mono blue. This card with Goblin Sharpshooter = one sided board wipe. If you don't mind 3 card combos, using this card with Intruder Alarm and Adarkar Valkyrie = your memories are now my memories.

They would have to sacrifice the creature before Adarkar would get a chance to resolve.
You seemed to have forgotten about the greatest friend to Cowardice, Sway of Illusion. It used to be a one sided reset, with a free card.

Dismiss into dream makes it far, far more insideous.

For the low cost of , you can kill every targetable creature your opponent has, AND get a new card.

Game. Set. Match. 
MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago." ******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** MaRo: During a playtest, I played a Reaper from the Abyss. I attacked each turn, while my opponent would chump block (he had a lot of fliers), and then I killed a second creature. This happened until he had only one creature left. I attack, he blocked, and then the following dialogue occurred: Him: Kill your demon. Me: What? Him: My guy died so you have to kill a creature. Me: Yeah, but why would a demon kill himself? Him: I don't know. He's depressed there's no one left to kill. Me: That doesn't make any sense. Him: I don't care. It's what the card says. I then take out my pen, and wrote "non-Demon" on it. Him: You can't do that. Me: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.
Actually awesome with Boldwyr Intimidator. Die, cowards!
And with U/R decks, you have the option of Using Jhoira of the Ghitu and Paradox Haze  to get a lot of expensive stuff out really quickly.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Let the madness begin