Blue Green Infect deck (New player, would love feedback)

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I made this deck to play in a Modern style format since the Event Deck I bought (Rot From Within) seemed to be a Modern legal deck. I only began playing the game a few days ago and have been learning the nuances of many decks. Since most decks I see are either Standard or Legacy, I don't know where this deck stands. I would love feedback, suggestions, and figuring out a sidedeck for this

Let's call it All Out Offense

CREATURES

I would recommend you Google a decklist for "BUG Infect".  You're pretty much there, but with a bunch of very wonky cards.  For instance, Corrupter and Hydra are unplayable.

You really want to play the full 4x Inkmoth Nexus.  It's by far one of the best cards in the deck.

I highly recommend playing more dual lands.  LIke 4x Breeding Pool and as many fetch lands as you can afford.
I would recommend you Google a decklist for "BUG Infect".  You're pretty much there, but with a bunch of very wonky cards.  For instance, Corrupter and Hydra are unplayable.

You really want to play the full 4x Inkmoth Nexus.  It's by far one of the best cards in the deck.

I highly recommend playing more dual lands.  LIke 4x Breeding Pool and as many fetch lands as you can afford.

I plan to get them when I can but they're always so expensive. I've definitely been looking for guys to replace my Hydra and Corruptor, so far I haven't found much.
Plague Stinger is a clear choice.
Plague Stinger is a clear choice.

Hard to incorporate that when it's a blue green deck. Perhaps Necropede instead.
Which is why I suggested playing BUG...
Why not just add Giant Growth to "clear the chaff" and keep the colors?

Also, are fetchlands REALLY all that usable in this deck? I mean, from Admiral's POV, it's activate 4 of them to apparently change to outcome of 1 card. I don't see it doing anymore than that.

Also, JUST IN CASE ITS RELEVANT, you might try a tempo spell in Unsummon or Vapor Snag it also provides an answer in case you aren't Mr. Speedy against speedy cards like Melira, Sylvok Outcast or an inkmoth of their own (perhaps a rare mirror, but Affinity is a deck also that may be interested in trading inkmoth for inkmoth.

I hope I helped. As for a sideboard, it's tricky but you may want counter back up in the form of Mana Leak or Spell Pierce in case you stare down an opposing Combo deck or opponent sides in all removal in the world. Although slow, Krosan Grip or, ahhhhhh, Nature's Claim is Naturalize For a G in infect, which is very good.

I hope I helped you out. Cheers!
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Why not just add Giant Growth to "clear the chaff" and keep the colors?

Also, are fetchlands REALLY all that usable in this deck? I mean, from Admiral's POV, it's activate 4 of them to apparently change to outcome of 1 card. I don't see it doing anymore than that.

Also, JUST IN CASE ITS RELEVANT, you might try a tempo spell in Unsummon or Vapor Snag it also provides an answer in case you aren't Mr. Speedy against speedy cards like Melira, Sylvok Outcast or an inkmoth of their own (perhaps a rare mirror, but Affinity is a deck also that may be interested in trading inkmoth for inkmoth.

I hope I helped. As for a sideboard, it's tricky but you may want counter back up in the form of Mana Leak or Spell Pierce in case you stare down an opposing Combo deck or opponent sides in all removal in the world. Although slow, Krosan Grip or, ahhhhhh, Nature's Claim is Naturalize For a G in infect, which is very good.

I hope I helped you out. Cheers!

There are a few situations where a fetchland would have won me/saved me by bringing in a Forest or Island that I need (when I had the wrong land in hand).

I really like your sideboard suggestions, the Vapor Snag and Mana Leak in particular. Those would be perfect. 
I guess I didn't take Groundswell into account properly, but hey, good catch.

I've played with and against Infect too much (when it was Standard legal btw) U/G wants all the speed and evasion and plays very quickly or loses.

Also, Inkmoth Nexus is highly playable and is the most resilient creature you can have in an infect deck.

Cheers!
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!