Latest Beastiary?

Chaps,

Is there a later beastiary than  '032013 Beastiary.pdf' available in the wilds?    I'm currently running a 14th level campaign, heading towards 20th level and am running out of monster options.    Am I missing a resource anywhere?

Cheers
Blakey
Yes, Bestiary_060713 is the latest. 

Against the Slavelord Bestiary_060713 also has the most up to date monsters
Yes, Bestiary_060713 is the latest. 

Against the Slavelord Bestiary_060713 also has the most up to date monsters

Hi Plague,

Thanks for the response.  I checked the 060713 beastiary and it seems identical to the 032013 version - certainly there are no extra high level monsters in there.    Likewise the Slavelord one.

We have:

14: Green Dracolich
15: Marilith
18: Balor
20: Pit Fiend
20: Asmodeus

That makes running a campaign at 14th+ level a bit tricksey.

Cheers
Blakey  

Also, did you check out The Mud Sorcerer's Tomb_041113 for more high level monsters ?
Thanks again.   Still, that only adds (at 14th+):

14: Majalor
18: Automaton
I hear you. Also you don't have to necessarily use monsters - at level, you can use more lower levels one and still be able to challenge the party because of Bounded Accuracy. 

Also, reskinning can help  in a great way to use existing monsters in different dress.

Any tricks is good until they add more high level monsters!

Because AC and ability scores don't really go up, all you need to do it increase hit points and damage to make a monster higher level.
Try using the Legendary Monster template from L&L a few weeks ago. I used it for a white dragon even for 8th level PCs and it really made things interesting.

A Brave Knight of WTF - "Wielder of the Sword of Balance"

Rhenny's Blog:  http://community.wizards.com/user/1497701/blog

I used the legendary template for a Marilith, it was epic. Below a temple of Zehir, in an semi-abandoned yuan-ti city. They loved it.

You no longer need high level monsters to challenge high level characters, you can use a few high level monsters for the right unique moments, and the rest of the time just use low level ones. The sneaked through the city and at some points battled with some guards or yuan-ti people, snakes, and things like that. Those creatures were from level 2 to 6. And combats were fast, but not easy.

The Party was level 13. 
Is anyone aware of (or have you put together) a compiled Beastiary of all the current 5E critters in one PDF?
No. I have seen fanmade Index but no compilation. I asked for one though, as we start to get quite a lot spread over multiple documents.
No. I have seen fanmade Index but no compilation. I asked for one though, as we start to get quite a lot spread over multiple documents.

Good stuff.  Let's hope they deliver...
Sign In to post comments