Ninetailed fox creates a contest

37 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey guys I got a pretty interesting contest I though of... so further ado here is your......

Criterion: Create a card that benefits an opponent but hurts them at the same time.

You have 48 hours from this post.

The biggest Vorthos Ever I'd rather have an awesome mechanic than the most flavor any day. Constantly coming up with cards all the time. So if you see a card you like tell me. Constantly trying to get into card of the week if you see a card you like please nominate.

Barbarian Tribute
Enchantment: Aura
Enchant target opponent.
At the beginning of their upkeep choose a land they control. They may sacrifice that land. If they do they draw a card. If they don't enchanted player takes 1 damage.
"Pillaging and plundering is best when the land is ripe. Shall we collect the harvest?"
Curse of Glory Unwanted

Enchantment - Aura Curse
Enchant Opponent
At the beginning of enchanted player's draw step, enchanted player draws a card.
If a source would deal damage to enchanted player, it deals that much damage plus X to enchanted player instead.  X is equal to the number of cards in enchanted player's hand.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."
On Worldbuilding - On Crafting Aliens - Pillars of Art and Flavor - Simulationism, Narritivism, and Gamism - Shub-Niggurath in D&D
THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Vampiric Armor

Enchantment - Aura

Enchant player

Whenever a creature deals damage to encanted player, prevent that damage and destroy that creature, then put a damage counter on ~.
During enchanted player's upkeep, they lose one life for each damage counter on ~.
What if I made something that hurt ALL players, but could still be beneficial to all?

Widespread Destruction:

Enchantment

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player chooses a permanent he or she controls. This card deals damage equal to the CMC of the chosen permanent to target creature or player, and double the damage to you.

I hope that's legible enough to make sense. And allowed.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Nightmare Insight 

Enchantment
At the beginning of each player's draw step, that player draws an additional card.
Whenever a player discards a card, they lose 2 life.
Each player's maximum hand size is 3. 

eh(?)
hello! i'm a signature!
Immortal Burden
Sorcery
Each player gains X life and sacrifices X permanents.
Living forever means watching your loved ones and possessions wither into dust.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Sanguine Tome 
Artifact
When you draw a card, each other player draws a card and loses 2 life.
,: Draw a card.
"We signed the book in blood, none of us knowing the price we paid." - Aberdine, Hightower Magistrate

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Numbers of Doom
Sorcery
Each Player secretly chooses a Number 1-4 then reveal them add that to the total of X.
Assign each player 1 of the following effects then they each choose targets if applicable:
Gain X Life.
Put X 1/1 Green Saproling Creature Tokens into play.
Draw X Cards.
Deal X Damage to target Creature.
Put X +1/+1 Counters on target Creature.
Target Player loses X life.
Put an X/X Red Giant Creature TOken into play.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Ambassador of the Fae
Creature - Faerie Wizard
Flying
Whenever you gain control of Ambassador of the Fae, draw a card.
, target opponent gains control of Ambassador of the Fae: Draw 2 cards.
2/1

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Fiend's Bargain

Instant
Target player controls your next turn. If you would lose the game during that turn, that player loses the game instead.
"My deeds. My debts. My fate. I did say you would get everything, dear."
Burst Apart
Instant
Destroy target creature. Its controller puts X 1/1 black Worm creature tokens onto the battlefield, where X is the destroyed creatures power.
A feast of the darkest kind.
Burst Apart

Reminds me of Carrion.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Burst Apart

Reminds me of Carrion.

Oh man. Forgot about that card. Magget tokens are way cooler than worms as well.
Kami of the Eclipse

Legendary Creature - Spirit

At the beginning of each player's draw step, that player draws an additional card and loses two life.

"He's a lot like me, that masterless little kami . . . he knows the true price and value of power. True power."
—Nicol Bolas

3/1
Wild Summoning
Sorcery
An opponent may put a creature card from his or her hand onto the battlefield under your control. If he or she doesn’t, you may do the same.

How does it benefit your opponent? He can give you a relentless rat if you attempt to pop an emrakul lol

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Involuntary Commitment
Sorcery
Target opponent gains 2 life and discards two cards.
Pyrotechnic Hysteria

Enchantment

Whenever a player casts a spell that would deal damage, that spell does that much damage plus 2 to its target. ~ deals 4 damage to that player.

The smallest spark could be the cause of a massive inferno. 
final bump before grading

The biggest Vorthos Ever I'd rather have an awesome mechanic than the most flavor any day. Constantly coming up with cards all the time. So if you see a card you like tell me. Constantly trying to get into card of the week if you see a card you like please nominate.

Charity Gala
Enchantmnet
Vanishing 3
Creatures can't attack.
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player gains life equal to the number of creatures on the battlefield.
"Ah, and I see you have invited Grand Vizeer Strogan as well! I'm glad we could set aside our petty differences for a good cause... and a few cups of wine." - Jumleer, the Bloodthirsty

Get it? it benefits your opponent? Anyone? Anyone?
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Offering of Blood 
Enchantment
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player discards a card and gains 2 life.
The pygmies think me a god; it has it's benefits, in the form of treasure and power, but I am often forced to drink a sickly mixture of blood as some kind of offering. 

Show
Upon the day that dragons were born, so to was the first white wig worn, by men who wished to make the world theirs, and in the process sorcery tears - the very fabric of space and time, dragging the dragons right into their prime, these monstrous beasts in philosophical mansions, stood right in the way of colonial expansions. To break these beasts a hero must be found, a hero of the future who can stand the sound - of centuries past and voices unfettered, and someone who'll carve dragon graves lettered - R, I, and P the three sacred symbols, that curse the dead to a land without gimbals. A land they'll never leave, because escape cannot conceive - itself, out of the grip of this mustachio'd hero, a Roosevelt who is comparable to zero. Family crest tattooed on his chest, the baddest m****rf****r this side of the West. And to the dismay of the colonial fools, their futuristic hero had to play by the rules, and the hero chosen by the dragons themselves, they summoned with a tome pulled from dusty shelves. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, or so they said, as their dragon tails were waggin'. And up from the depths, as the earth shook, the Oldest of Ones opened eyes for a look - at the battle that was about to be waged, the human champion that stood enraged - on the precipice between hither and yon, to battle this most eldritch scion. And with that, the tension was broken, the combat began, and each soul had spoken - its very last words, because as soon as time had started, so to had it ended, and sentience departed.
Nu's Pocket Watch
Legendary Artifact
Discard a card: put a time counter on ~.
At the beginning of each upkeep, each player discards their hand then places the bottom X cards at the bottom of their decks and adds them to their hand. X is the amount of time counters on ~.
Each of your opponents get a 0/1 colorless Time token with "Sacrifice this card: lose one life and add a card from your graveyard to your hand." at the beginning of each of their upkeeps.

No one knows who it belongs to, but it is said that the owner used the watch to command time and travel to different timelines... 
Peace Treaty
Artifact
When Peace Treaty enters the battlefield, unless it's a token, put a copy of Peace Treaty onto the battlefield under each opponent's control.
You can't lose the game.
Discard four cards: Destroy Peace treaty. Any player may play this ability.
Photobucket Banner by zpikduM - typo also by zpikduM. =) Skide Fuld - Problem of Evil by frontsession Currently playing Standard: TurboJund Legacy: Zoo Block: Hahaha, good one! 1000th post on August 28, 2009 at 6:08PM
Closed....

Grades forthcoming

*Poke*

Shockwave : Barbarian Tribute   6/10 pretty fun but punisher effects don't always do what they look like they do.

tevish_szat
: Curse of Glory Unwanted 8/10 pretty interesting i like the tension where if your opponents have a ton of cards in hand they probbably have more resources to deal with your threats but your threats are more threatening

0evil_overlord0
:
Vampiric Armor 5/10 pretty interesting effect but it doesn't really lead to interesting plays by an opponent its pretty binary "if big  creature dont block and take 1 next turn" Or small creature block it.

Lordoffuddies
: widespread destruction 6/10 would be more interesting if the permanent chosen was sacrificed so that player feels more punished for making a choice.

Shadowfyre Nighmare insight
: 8/10 pretty cool effect black needs more effects like this

Edacade
Immortal Burden : 7/10 interesting but pretty easy to set up a win win for yourself this way. Oh and its undercosted

Azureshade Sanguine Tome
: 6/10 i like the jaydeme tome reference and is very similar to nightmare insight slightly lower score because artifacts are more potentially abuseable than enchantments.

Zokrad Numbers of doom 4/10
I like cooky effects like this but some of the effects aren't red or blue.

Dudibus Ambassaador of the fae
: 6/10 i see what you are getting at pretty cool... Players have a choice to either give you a 2 power flyer or drawing 2 cards for the turn . Problem with this card though is that you would have players trading the creature back and forth and the board state wouldn't change much. Maybe make it cost colored mana so not everyone can return it?

turnipsong Fiends bargain
4/10 interesting effect but can't see how you would lose a game during your own turn. What if "Target player controls your next turn. If an opponent of that player whom you controlled the turn of didnt lose any life, do something bad." that way they still have to make a decision during your turn that would impact the game.

Ulcaster Burst Apart
8/10 interesting, this is simple, clean design i don't like the flavor of making wurms based on power over toughness though.

Vlord Kami of the Eclipse
: 6/10 like the call back to kami of the crescent moon but this card doesn't really do a unique effect in omage to KofCM it does the same thing but makes them lose 2 life... not very interesting

theatog Wild Summoning
7/10 cool effect i like show and tell effects but as worded the opponent can just say no if you are behind in the board maybe if it said "reveal your hand target opponent may choose a permanent in that hand and put it onto the battlefield under his/her control, if he does you may do the same." that seems more fitting.

raltir Involuntary Commitment
: 5/10 gaining 2 life is hardly a benefit over losing 2 cards. Could be 14/15 pick limited jank that wizards would probably make though..

pyrotechnic Hysteria
: 4/10 interesting effect but doesn't really benefit an opponent if he isn't playing red

Drdemento
Charity Gala 8/10 i like it reminds me of parallax wave and co but like parallax wave it really helps you catch up on a behind board which doesn't benefit an opponent as much as one would think despite them gaining life.

ColonialDragons Offering of blood
6/10 Like with other discard a card and gain some life cards other people made i don't think lifegain is worth the loss of a card maybe make it opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2.

Foxcaptain
Nu's Pocket Watch : 5/1- reminds me of tefari's puzzle box interesting card but a bit wordy ...and it isn't clear what to do with the card..which isn't always a bad thing. I can just see games going on way too long with this around.

Alienfinger
Peace Treaty 9/10 I really like this card if this was real i'd put it in my donate EDH deck.

Top 3:

Alienfinger
Shadowfaye
Ulcaster
Runner ups: DrDemento, Tavish_Szat

Next Criterion : Make a card that a is narrow answer to a card, strategy, etc. or A card that looks narrow on the surface but has lots of applications.

hm... interesting.  I'm just going to go without asking a definition or example.

Shadows of Eternity

Enchantment
Shade and Specter creatures get +1/+1 and have deathtouch
Whenever a nontoken creature dies, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature, except the token is a black shade in addition to its other colors and types.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."
On Worldbuilding - On Crafting Aliens - Pillars of Art and Flavor - Simulationism, Narritivism, and Gamism - Shub-Niggurath in D&D
THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Are only those in the top 3 to post in the new round?
no

Pretty much i either want a narrow answer to a card, strategy, etc. or i want a card that looks narrow on the surface but has lots of applications.
knight of the reliquary or deathrite shaman would be a great example of this. I wanted this to be open to interpretation but this should be more clear.

Bump :D

dacade Immortal Burden : 7/10 interesting but pretty easy to set up a win win for yourself this way. Oh and its undercosted

I knew I should have left it as . Oh well.

Being a smartass
Narrow answer?

Remove Influence
Sorcery
Exile target emblem.

Weenie Roast
Instant
Exile each creature with power 2 or less.

I'm terrible at making card names. Just pretend it's a good name.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Runebinding
Enchantment
Spells that would be exiled are put into your graveyard instead. Spells cannot be cast from your graveyard.
: Return a instant or sorcery from your graveyard to your hand.
Master of Ceremonies
Creature - Human Advisor
: Until end of turn, players can only play spells from their hand if it is their turn.
"No, tradition dictates that you go first."
2/1
Photobucket Banner by zpikduM - typo also by zpikduM. =) Skide Fuld - Problem of Evil by frontsession Currently playing Standard: TurboJund Legacy: Zoo Block: Hahaha, good one! 1000th post on August 28, 2009 at 6:08PM
brand

jk

Casting Rite

Enchantment
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, if its mana cost wasn't paid, its controller sacrifices it. 
You get what you pay for.

keeping up my streak of bad flavor texts
hopefully this works how i hope it does 
hello! i'm a signature!

Weenie Roast
Instant
Exile each creature with power 2 or less.

I'm terrible at making card names. Just pretend it's a good name.

Personally, I love that name.

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/