[M14-ICD] Nightmare

17 posts / 0 new
Last post

Nightmare
Creature - Nightmare Horse (R)
Flying
Nightmare's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Swamps you control.
*/*    
Yep, there it is.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Aww I hoped they'd decrease its rarity to uncommon.
New artwork is cool though.
I think the new art is great.
I always liked Melissa Benson's and Carl Critchlow's art too, but Vance Kovacs is a well established name to add to the long standing classics. Nice.
I'm not too thrilled about its return, but since it's here, I'm glad it's got a new look.

L1 Judge

House in casual
This was actually spoiled, like, a month ago. It's worth checking the ICD index before making a new duplicate thread.
Rules Nut Advisor
If I recall right there was no real proof back then.
Someone at MTGS made a thread about it based on artwork speculation or D14 appearance and BAM we got a new ICD here - or something like that.
At least it was neither confirmed nor debunked until now.

The confirmation should've been added to the old thread though.
Creature -- Nightmare Horse
Heya everyone, here are my homebrew threads: (yes there is only one right now, but there are more to come!) And Let There Be Fish-Men: KUO-TOA
A casual favorite.  Also helps with mono black being a thing in limited.
I don't get why the french one has beautiful flavor text from Victor Hugo, but the english one has this generic flavor text.
I don't get why the french one has beautiful flavor text from Victor Hugo, but the english one has this generic flavor text.

Apparently, this has always been the case. It's very strange that they use different flavor texts across langagues. And it's not like they made a mistake a didn't update it, because the English version has never had that flavor text.

Apparently, this has always been the case. It's very strange that they use different flavor texts across langagues. And it's not like they made a mistake a didn't update it, because the English version has never had that flavor text.

My guess is that sometimes the metaphors they often use in flavor texts don't translate well into other languages, so they just use a quote from something in the public domain to fill in the gap.

When Magic started expanding into languages outside of English, they occasionally ran into the problem where a literal translation of the flavor text just doesn't work in some languages - maybe it's a pun that doesn't work, a joke or metaphor which would seem nonsensical or fall flat in a different culture, or maybe it just wouldn't fit on the card without going into micro-text. So if it's not necessary for the for the flavor of the set as a whole, they usually let the translation teams come up with their own flavor text for the cards.

My guess is that sometimes the metaphors they often use in flavor texts don't translate well into other languages, so they just use a quote from something in the public domain to fill in the gap.

"Nightmares glimpsed in sleep boundless Sirens topless Melusines, unicorns"
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
This was actually spoiled, like, a month ago. It's worth checking the ICD index before making a new duplicate thread.

Yep. Requesting this thread be locked.
House in casual

Horse in casual
Sign In to post comments