CL's Next Contest Poll thing

19 posts / 0 new
Last post

Some Minor Explanations:

Mafia will be like mafia but with lots of card making for certain decisions.
Super Smash Bros will be some sort of wacky contest/tournament where everyone is split into four players or possibly some sort of teams and stuff happens. There's a chance I could turn this into YMTC mario party.
Thunderdome will be an intense contest where everyone is split into two and battle single elimination style until only one remains
We Didn't playtest this at all is a weird silyl game Glasir introduced me to:
82032421 wrote:
Well, I wasn't being serious at all, but...

It's an extremely silly, very quick game for medium-size groups. The object of the game is to win. If you win, the game is over; if you lose, you can't win, so you're out.

Each player starts with two cards. On their turn, each player draws a card and plays a card. Some cards have stars on them. They are obviously better than the other cards.

Most cards make one or more players lose the game. Or win the game. Some just give you a dinosaur.

[edit] Sample card:

Cake or Death
Each player besides you must choose Cake or Death. (go clockwise)
 * If more players chose Death, you lose.
 * If more chose Cake, everyone that chose Death loses.
 * If there's a tie, you win! 

Two man enter. One man leave. Two man enter. One man leave. Two man enter. One man leave.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
You didn't like my idea enough to list it or even comment on it in your other thread and now I don't like you so there!

Votes for Scattergories
You didn't like my idea enough to list it or even comment on it in your other thread and now I don't like you so there!

Votes for Scattergories

Oh sorry, I am definitely interested in it but would not be able to run it myself, and the whole point of this was to run a contest myself. We can certainly do it together once this contest ends or falls through.
We didn't playtest this at all sounds fun.
If we didn't playtest at all wins, would people be opposed to actually making cards for that game instead of magic?
Mama Mia! Mario! What are you doing here?!

*Mario responds by jumping up twice*

The princess has been taken by YMTC?! Well go get her!

*Mario does a backflip*

(Votes for Super Smash Bros)
If we didn't playtest at all wins, would people be opposed to actually making cards for that game instead of magic?

I wouldn't be opposed to it so long as magic cards were used in some way alonside it. For example, make a magic card and a WDPTAA card. The players who made the best magic cards get theirs added to th deck, and then we play WDPTAA.
oh crap my totally-not-serious suggestion is winning

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

I don't see what it has to do with card design

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Two man enter. One man leave. Two man enter. One man leave. Two man enter. One man leave.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

I don't see what it has to do with card design

It doesn't. YET. I'm thinking you guys will have to design for an alternative magic format that's very silly.
I rather do like the land theme

where do I go teplate my cards on images of cards

there's some download program

though I've done the format in java script before
digging it up would be a chore

green wins the pie contest
Bump
www.mtgcardmaker.com
I voted smash in the hopes that it becomes Mario party because that's great

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Anything is better with Mario isn't it?

And if there is a character select for that, if that's what wins, I choose Waluigi! Weh-heh-heh-heh!
I voted smash in the hopes that it becomes Mario party because that's great

Yeah I might just do mario party anyway even if the other thing wins. Because whatever I can do 2 at once.
Alright. We didn't playtest this at all is the winner! YMTC Mario party will exist later! And I had a nice idea for an rpg but then forgot it so if I remember that I'll work on it later!!