The Derp Files

514 posts / 0 new
Last post
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />You need a better grasp on the english language. Hacking does not equate to cheating. Look it up in the dictionary.

Wow. I'm seriously having a hard time coming up with a response for this...

Um.

So.....

Hacking a video game is in no way shape or form cheating huh? Totally legit? People should do it because it's well within the rules? Wizards was completely out of line upping their Promo Code security because Hacking is completely acceptable?
You should totally sue them for that! They're denying us promo codes that we would have had if we were allowed to hack them!
I think you have a case here.

Hacking can sometimes be cheating, but not all hacking is cheating. This is basic stuff. Did you complete 4th grade?
Honestly, no offense old Atheism cuz I don't care and I am not going to fight with you, but you get in more fights here than anyone I know justified or not

Guilty as charged, but only with a very small crowd of people. I get on just fine with the majority. I only usually fight with you, Trickbaby, Mobius, or...there's some other guy, but obviously I didn't bother remembering the name. And Trick's gone near as I can tell, off elsewhere on the internet for someone who will pander to personal modifications for tenbux.

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

Hacking can sometimes be cheating, but not all hacking is cheating. This is basic stuff. Did you complete 4th grade?

This coming from the guy who has exclusiely used it to infer cheating. Also, you're now picking on someone for grammatical reasons. Remember, that bit you devoted an entire post to trying to call me out on when it was a minor part of a larger point in a deleted post?

Hypocrisy you are good at. Maybe you should look into politics? 

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

This coming from the guy who has exclusiely used it to infer cheating. Also, you're now picking on someone for grammatical reasons. Remember, that bit you devoted an entire post to trying to call me out on when it was a minor part of a larger point in a deleted post?

Hypocrisy you are good at. Maybe you should look into politics? 

You can't be serious. Hypocrisy? His entire argument against me is trying to imply that I'm using hacking as a synonym for cheating, which I clearly wasn't.

That's a far cry from picking out a mispelled word that had no bearing on the argument and was quickly corrected.
You can't be serious. Hypocrisy? His entire argument against me is trying to imply that I'm using hacking as a synonym for cheating, which I clearly was.

Fixed for truthfulness. Also, done feeding you. Go away. Everyone but you knows you're wrong. If you don't have anything to contribute to the light-hearted thread, please exit. ;)

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Hacking can sometimes be cheating, but not all hacking is cheating. This is basic stuff. Did you complete 4th grade?

So, you were complimenting him on his work then?
No you weren't, even suggesting that is idiotic.

You accused him of having things not available to others and that he used "hacking" as a means to get them. That means cheating.
This whole "meaning of hacking" thing is nothing more than you backpeddling because you don't want it to look as though your "clever insults" failed miserably.

Well they did.
So time to move on.

They want to "win" this argument so badly, I think this forum is all they have in life.
They want to "win" this argument so badly, I think this forum is all they have in life.

What Mr. Wiggles means when he says this is; "Yeah I was wrong to accuse him of cheating but instead of admitting it I'll defer to troll response #7"

Wiggles is probably trying to reference something like this:

catb.org/esr/jargon/html/crackers.html 
catb.org/esr/jargon/html/C/cracker.html 

He's still wrong anyhow, those cheaters may not be true 'hackers'. But they are still cheaters. 
I don't care who wins. I know Atheism gets way out of hand and makes ridiculous posts that don't help him out any when he tries too hard. What I don't understand is why this cat has to be his little sidekick all the time in arguments. Can't you just let an argument play itself out where you are not concerned?

They are using the common internet tough guy strategy of strength in numbers.

What Mr. Wiggles means when he says this is; "Yeah I was wrong to accuse him of cheating but instead of admitting it I'll defer to troll response #7"

Your whole schtick is repeatedly calling everyone a troll. Don't you have anything meaningful to contribute? At least GodofAtheism is defending his point of view. The fact that he's doing it poorly is inconsequential. I have no idea what you are even doing. You're like one of those little annoying dogs that nips at peoples' ankles.
I don't care who wins. I know Atheism gets way out of hand and makes ridiculous posts that don't help him out any when he tries too hard. What I don't understand is why this cat has to be his little sidekick all the time in arguments. Can't you just let an argument play itself out where you are not concerned?

Ha, sidekick. Hilarious.

Someone accused someone of cheating and was wrong to do so. Doesn't matter who either was.
He made a troll post and I called him on it. Since then he's been wrong with every post.

It doesn't matter to me what GoA is doing.

Your whole schtick is repeatedly calling everyone a troll. Don't you have anything meaningful to contribute? At least GodofAtheism is defending his point of view. The fact that he's doing it poorly is inconsequential. I have no idea what you are even doing. You're like one of those little annoying dogs that nips at peoples' ankles.

Mostly responding to your continuous insults and stating how your argument is invalid.
I mean, it's only a matter of time before someone tells me not to feed the troll so...

Speaking of which, how DO you get away with insulting someone every post? Mods ban me for stuff like predicting thread-locks.
Well I seem to remember you in just about every thread with him arguing with me so you'll excuse me for presuming something.

Because we both have a tendency of calling people on things when the things they claim are erroneous. Including people who we otherwise get along with, and each other. Therefore we end up in a lot of the same threads because we're calling the same people on the same erroneous statements.

Mostly responding to your continuous insults and stating how your argument is invalid.
I mean, it's only a matter of time before someone tells me not to feed the troll so...

Speaking of which, how DO you get away with insulting someone every post? Mods ban me for stuff like predicting thread-locks.

Because I'm not insulting anyone. I'm expressing my opinion in an articulate manner. You're the one who has been hostile and aggressive in this thread as well as every other thread.
Well I seem to remember you in just about every thread with him arguing with me so you'll excuse me for presuming something.

Because we both have a tendency of calling people on things when the things they claim are erroneous. Including people who we otherwise get along with, and each other. Therefore we end up in a lot of the same threads because we're calling the same people on the same erroneous statements.

Or more simply, you both practically live on this forum. If you didn't get along, one of you would have left by now.
puppets

who knows how many people are on this board
NO WAR

On Entrance; put a land you control owner's hand.

: gather , or .

and tap a creature you control: add or remove

an underground counter to or from that creaure.

Creatures with underground counters

can only block or be blocked by

other creatures with underground counters.

~ancient and forgotten dwell

You have a huge tendency to think you are right when you have very little on your side. I recall you as the single worse defender of CW in 2013, a deck almost universally seen as the most OP deck in the game. I also recall is some ridiculous post trying to claim Mindstorms was a better deck. I could go on and on dude. And then you pull all these stunts that make it seem like the forums are all with you when I have seen MORE than 3 posters legitmately call you things other than perfect.

It's ok man, in their minds they are right about everything and the way they act is perceived as normal to them because they don't know any better. There is no use in trying to convince them otherwise, it's an exercise in futility.

Or more simply, you both practically live on this forum. If you didn't get along, one of you would have left by now.

You remember those 6 months or so I was on his ignore list?
He almost put me back on it recently...

Stop being wrong about everything.
Can we stop this silly off-topic discussion? This thread is about funny moments you've experienced playing, not about the definition of 'troll', 'hacker' or 'cheater'.

Come on guys, you're better than this. 
Ahh, an abusive relationship with Atheism. Who would have thought?

Wow. So after you suggested we move on from this Wiggles discussion, you say this?

Was pretty sure you and I didn't have an issue in this thread.
You have a huge tendency to think you are right when you have very little on your side. I recall you as the single worse defender of CW in 2013, a deck almost universally seen as the most OP deck in the game. I also recall is some ridiculous post trying to claim Mindstorms was a better deck. I could go on and on dude. And then you pull all these stunts that make it seem like the forums are all with you when I have seen MORE than 3 posters legitmately call you things other than perfect.

This is because you think disagreeing with you means having very little on my side in the first place, regardless of how I back it up, so I just stopped putting in the effort to back things up since you'd inevitably ignore all evidence provided anyhow.

All I ever said about Crosswinds was that it wasn't unbeatably overpowered or broken, and that while it pairs decently with a few different decks that other decks have a greater number of good pairings - one of which does happen to be Mindstorms, which pairs well with nearly everything, much like SS does. I did not claim it was a stronger or faster deck at any point however (this refers back to the fact that I have to ask you every third time we converse to stop reading the things you want to read and read what people actually type.)

Also, I've never seen anyone call me perfect, and they'd damned well better not, because I am by no means. Not even remotely close. I might have been born perfect, but if so, I've fallen quite far. I wouldn't even be so bold as to estimate that I know so much as 1% of what there is to know in the world. Far, far from perfect. 

Someone should datamine for the promo codes already, like last year.

Also I know I only come back to the forums for the releases and the expansions, but didnt Wiggles quit forever because Duels is stupid and broken and unbalanced and we're all idiots for supporting it? 
Okay, I'll be right back. Gonna go tell an ORC to remove posts 27 and on.

I'd suggest everyone drop it after that.

I tried that about an hour ago. Still no luck.

They'll listen to me.
They hate me.

I'm practically the Avatar of The Moderated.

They'll listen to me.
They hate me.

I'm practically the Avatar of Being Modded.

You say that as if it's a good thing, but only further proves that Khronikos' points are valid that you thrive on being combative and chiming in on arguments that have nothing to do with you.

They'll listen to me.
They hate me.

I'm practically the Avatar of The Moderated.

Although neither I nor Wiggles get moderated nearly as often as we probably ought to be. Or Mobius, for that matter (and then when he does, he makes a point to complain.)

They'll listen to me.
They hate me.

I'm practically the Avatar of Being Modded.

You say that as if it's a good thing, but only further proves that Khronikos' points are valid that you thrive on being combative and chiming in on arguments that have nothing to do with you.

Dude you really know nothing about me do you?
I was banned Literally for saying the following:

"Cue thread being locked in 3....2....1..."

That was ALL I said in the thread. I didn't have anything to say about what was leading up to the thread lock, I just said it was coming.
Nobody else was banned. Just me.

I had a thread deleted because it said -and I quote-

"+1"

The thread was deleted along with several others, but not the thread I quoted.
I was also issued a warning.

Last week a guy was literally trying to destroy the boards with sock puppets and necro'd threads. The Mods wouldn't do anything worthwhile so I deliberately went over the line to tell them directly how much damage he was doing to their boards.

I got banned for it.

So yeah, not proud of it. I don't even know why it's a thing. But if it helps erase discussions like this and get threads back on track, why not use that notoreity for good once in a while?
Really, just don't, 'Cat. Save your fingers. He's proven repeatedly and beyond the shadow of a doubt that he will refuse to acknowledge any and all valid points in favour of his own personal interpretations, because then he never has to be wrong about anything, ever. Fragile egos are a tragedy to witness.

Off-off topic: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC1_4tvtCdA All listen. All chill. Voices hardly get more relaxing than this. 

Yes, the disparity in modding is a little weird sometimes I guess but it just different people.

The hilarious part is that Mr.Wiggles is suggesting I'm proud of my "Modded-status" and accusing me of being combative, and yet he's dropped an insult in almost every response he's made.

You guys argue so fast I can barely keep track. Are we going to have a half-time show? Because I really need to grab some food...

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

You guys argue so fast I can barely keep track. Are we going to have a half-time show? Because I really need to grab some food...

No worries. If the Mods are doing their job, everthing past post 27 should be gone and I (and no-one else) should be banned by the time you get back.

Which, this is my last post in here. I figure I'm just making it worse for myself at this point.

Mr.Wiggles can toss in his last potshots at me if he likes. He can have a couple freebies.
Never a more appropriate thread title had ever been coined.
"Wow....Derp Files has exploded! Can't wait to see all the boneheads!"

::Open Thread::

#Pure Unadulterated Derp

Shoulda Known...
"Wow....Derp Files has exploded! Can't wait to see all the boneheads!"

::Open Thread::

#Pure Unadulterated Derp

Shoulda Known...

Would you have preferred adulterated derp? (But yes, it'd be nice to see something on topic.)

Never a more appropriate thread title had ever been coined.

You, sir, won this thread. Everything else doesn't matter.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

, I told him it was a bad move but he mulliganed down to 0 anyway and....

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

, I told him it was a bad move but he mulliganed down to 0 anyway and....

Actually 2014 won't let you. It takes away the mulligan option at one card.

NO WAR

On Entrance; put a land you control owner's hand.

: gather , or .

and tap a creature you control: add or remove

an underground counter to or from that creaure.

Creatures with underground counters

can only block or be blocked by

other creatures with underground counters.

~ancient and forgotten dwell

Sign In to post comments