[M14-ICD] Chandra, Pyromaster

152 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chandra, Pyromaster

Chandra, Pyromaster
Planeswalker - Chandra  Mythic Rare
+1: Chandra, Pyromaster deals 1 damage to target player and 1 damage to up to one target creature that player controls. That creature can't block this turn.
0: Exile the top card of your library. You may play it this turn.
-7: Exile the top ten cards of your library. Choose an instant or sorcery card exiled this way and copy it three times. You may cast the copies without paying their mana costs.
Starting Loyalty: 4

Source: Every Fire Begins with a Spark
Hmmmm unsure
"Now you're being silly. I KNOW the difference between right and wrong. I just don't care." BM ~8-bit theater~
Is Chandra finally playable? Maybe.
Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such sport, And the Dish ran away with the Spoon. He ran from conviction, and fed his addiction as the Dish heated the Spoon... The Spoon begged to go, but the Dish shouted : "NO!!" "The heroin will be ready soon!" "Any time doing the right thing is funny as hell, it's probably Chaotic Good." IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2jcu9fs.png)
I hope this is as good as they say she is, since Chandra has been an average planeswalker at best.  It does seem pretty sweet, though.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
This card is pretty bad but effectively starting at 5 loyalty might make it playable. 
But wizards promised it would be playable....
"Now you're being silly. I KNOW the difference between right and wrong. I just don't care." BM ~8-bit theater~
I'll run it regardless!


Chandra for life! 
If she started at any loyalty less than 4, I would be more wary about this. As it is, I think this is extremely powerful. The 0 ability is pure card advantage and certainly the ability to take note of when playing this card. The +1 ability is weak but far from irrelevant. Unless the only red deck in the new format is RDW, I think this will see quite a bit of play.
Mixed feelings.

My Vorthos says this does not feel much like Chandra; barely any of her feels pyromantic.

However, she does seem quite good. Her biggest vulnerability is protecting herself, since pinging for 1 isn't great. In fact, I think I'd have preferred +1: 2 damage to up to one target creature.

I'm skeptical of the 0 ability, but red needs all the help it can get with card advantage so no complaints.

The ultimate feels underpowered, but I might just need to use it first.
Hate the art though.
Hate the art though.



I tend to agree, but part of me wants to forgive the art for proving in card art that Chandra actually does have real hair.
D&D rules were never meant to exist without the presence of a DM. RAW is a lie.
Better than the art on Chandra, the Firebrand.
Better than the art on Chandra, the Firebrand.



Blue Steel?! No way, it's the best!
Mixed feelings. My Vorthos says this does not feel much like Chandra; barely any of her feels pyromantic. However, she does seem quite good. Her biggest vulnerability is protecting herself, since pinging for 1 isn't great. In fact, I think I'd have preferred +1: 2 damage to up to one target creature. I'm skeptical of the 0 ability, but red needs all the help it can get with card advantage so no complaints. The ultimate feels underpowered, but I might just need to use it first.


If there was more library manipulation I would think the 0 would make the card completely playable. But manipulation in Standard and Modern are very poor and not even considering this playable for Legacy. 
Better than the art on Chandra, the Firebrand.



Someone is too poor too own the foil. That card w/ the foil is literally a work of art!
Oddly, this is my favorite Chandra art so far. I guess I'm just not a fan of the hair on fire thing she has going. Also.

Chandra: "All right, I put my hair out. Do I get to wear my goggles now?"
Jeremy Jarvis: "Nope."
Chandra: Cry
I am a bit thrown by "0: Draw a card". That feels more like a Jace ability.
I am a bit thrown by "0: Draw a card". That feels more like a Jace ability.


Well, you do have to use the exact card you "draw" that turn, so it's more volatile.  This obviously isn't a friend of control, me thinks.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
Easily the most playable Chandra. However, she doesn't make red playable and for splashing purposes is still strictly worse than Jace.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞


I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
From a design perspective I am loving the [0] ability and what it represents for card advantage in red.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Easily the most playable Chandra. However, she doesn't make red playable and for splashing purposes is still strictly worse than Jace.


Can we stop comparing cards to Jace now?  I'd be surprised if we ever again see a planeswalker even half as good as Jace, the Mind Sculptor in the history of magic.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
Red's card drawing always has a bit of additional randomness, and doesn't always result in card advantage.

If the 0 ability is a land, at least you don't have to waste your card draw on that land. If it's a card you can't use, it stays exiled, so it acts as deck filtering. If it's something you really need, well, score!

So this fits in fine, even if it's not one of red's usual abilities.
I'm excited to try this with Chandra's Phoenix  and a ton of burn spells.  I don't usually care about ultimates, but i would love to copy a Brimstone Volley  thrice after spearing  some other creature to death.   
Can we stop comparing cards to Jace now?  I'd be surprised if we ever again see a planeswalker even half as good as Jace, the Mind Sculptor in the history of magic.


Can we stop comparing X to Y now? Oh, wait, we can't. Because the best card in a slot, especially where redundancy is an extreme issue, will only be the best card. You're not going to look at Lightning Bolt and go "well, Shock is trying really hard", because Lightning Bolt is king. 
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞


I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
yeah, red playing 2 lands a turn couldn't get out of hand at all...
Can we stop comparing cards to Jace now?  I'd be surprised if we ever again see a planeswalker even half as good as Jace, the Mind Sculptor in the history of magic.


Can we stop comparing X to Y now? Oh, wait, we can't. Because the best card in a slot, especially where redundancy is an extreme issue, will only be the best card. You're not going to look at Lightning Bolt and go "well, Shock is trying really hard", because Lightning Bolt is king. 


Comparing two cards in different colors, one of which was banned in standard, is not a useful comparison. Similarly, the fact that Lightning Bolt exists doesn't mean that when thinking about Standard deckbuilding you should go "Searing Spear / Shock? Terrible cards, something's strictly better. Auto-excludes." That's irrelevant, because Lightning Bolt isn't standard legal.
yeah, red playing 2 lands a turn couldn't get out of hand at all...


Which Chandra doesn't enable you to do. It allows you to play a land revealed as your land drop for the turn.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞


I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
yeah, red playing 2 lands a turn couldn't get out of hand at all...


With the M14 rules change, playing a land with her 0 will use a land drop, and you can't do it if you've already used all of your land drops.

Edit: Ninja'd
I hope this is as good as they say she is, since Chandra has been an average planeswalker at best.



But wizards promised it would be playable....



Wizards were also fairly convinced that Tibalt would be playable. I wouldn't rely on them too much.
They're really getting lazy and obvious with the names, aren't they?  Gideon, Champion of Justice sounds like a bad cartoon show, and now this?  The next one should just be Chandra, Fire Lady.

And maybe then Ajani, Kitty Cat or Jace, Brain Owner.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

They promised it would be playable, and I believe they've failed to deliver.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
They're really getting lazy and obvious with the names, aren't they?  Gideon, Champion of Justice sounds like a bad cartoon show, and now this?  The next one should just be Chandra, Fire Lady.



Liliana the Grimdark.

Garruk Bigstrong.

Ajani, Catbro. 
Chandra Burnstuff
Planeswalker - Chandra
+1: Chandra deals 1 damage to target creature unless an opponent has it deal 1 damage to him or her.
-2: Chandra deals 2 damage to target player.
-10: Chandra deals 100 damage to each opponent.
Loyalty: 1

Is she playable yet, guys?
Chandra Burnstuff
Planeswalker - Chandra
+1: Chandra deals 1 damage to target creature unless an opponent has it deal 1 damage to him or her.
-2: Chandra deals 2 damage to target player.
-10: Chandra deals 100 damage to each opponent.
Loyalty: 1

Is she playable yet, guys?


Ship it.

I'd actually love to see what a 1CC 'walker would look like. 
I actually like the art.



Her +1 abilities keep getting better.  Remember Chandra 1.0 when her +1 was deal 1 damage to target player only?  Chandra 2.0...let's pretend that card doesn't exist.  Chandra 3.0 was deal 1 damage to target creature or player; already a big step up over Chandra 1.0.  Now it's deal 1 damage to target creature AND target player, AND the creature can't block.

This is honestly something to pay attention to.  Tims have historically been bad in standard...if they don't have haste, but with haste they usually find a home.  Vulshok Sorcerer, and Cunning Sparkmage both showed up in constructed.  These cost 3, Chandra 3.0 costs 4, so it's understandable that she didn't get much play (although she did get some).  But a 4 mana pinger with serious upsides like the fact that it gets +1 loyalty whenever it pings, and the fact that it can ping both a player and a creature simultaneously, and the fact that it can shut down a blocker even if it can't kill it?  That sounds like it's worth the 1 extra mana over Vulshock Sorcerer.



0: draw a card?  Seems fine.  If past precedence from Jace is any indication, at 3 CMC, a planeswalker gets -1: draw a card.  At 4 CMC, a planeswalker gets 0: draw a card.  At 5 CMC, a planeswalker gets +1 draw a card.  And ALL OF THESE are playable planeswalkers, and played primarily for their card draw.

Yes, it's not 0: brainstorm.  Yes, technically it's not even as good as 0: draw a card.  No, that doesn't make it bad.  (Also, 4 starting loyalty, which is technically more than JtMS; for all that yes, obviously JtMS is much better because it has brainstorm).

Actually, what's really nice about the 0 effect is....pingers are sometimes awesome literally getting you card and tempo advantage and shutting down their mana.  And other times they don't have a lot to do.  It's like...playing Naturalize; when it's good, it's great.  When it's not, you wonder why it's in your 75.  The +0 effect means that Chandra will almost never be a dead card.  Except possibly on the turn you cast her, when you won't have open mana to cast whatever you draw.


Not that Chandra's all that likely to be a dead card when her +1 ability is useful against both small and large creatures, granted.



The ultimate...honestly seems somewhat within reach (ping 3 times).  And also seems like something that should basically always win you the game.   Flip up a burn spell and you're dealing about 10 damage (possibly a 24 point life swing if you flip up warleader's helix or something like that).



This chandra seems good to me.  True, she doesn't protect herself; neither did Koth; whatever.

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

yeah, red playing 2 lands a turn couldn't get out of hand at all...


With the M14 rules change, playing a land with her 0 will use a land drop, and you can't do it if you've already used all of your land drops.

Edit: Ninja'd



That has nothing to do with the M14 rules change. Under the current rules, this would still be your one land drop if you played a land through her ability--and you couldn't play a land through her ability if you've already used your land drop.

MTG Rules Advisor
 

First ability is too busy for my tastes. It's like "Ping a player."
"Not bad-" 
"I'm not finished, you also ping a creature."
"Cool, that's an inte-"
"AND IT CAN'T BLOCK THIS TURN!"
"Okay, you seem kind of exicted are you ok-"
"ALSO YOU CAN ADD A COUNTER TO A PERMANENT WITH VANISHING OR FADING."
"I don't see how often that-"
"DON'T FORGET YOU CAN ALSO GIVE A CREATURE HASTE."
"So are we just cramming ever red cantrip effect onto-"
"...TARGET CREATURE WITH POWER 2 OR LESS IS..." *Collapses*

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
I actually love this Chandra, here's my reason:

Turn four: Cast Chandra, +1. damage to creature and player after targeting the main blocker. then swing with your three or so creatures for some extra blood.
Turn five: Cast that new Pyromancer's gauntlet, +1 to do 3 to both player and creature.
Turn six and on: ALL THE BURN SPELLS! up till you can use her -7 and choose a heavy burn spell. clone it three times and hear the screams of the future burn victum.

Mind you this would be in a Izzet or a Red burn spell deck.
This is way too slow to do much of anything in any decent burn deck, though. The gauntlet is even worse. Good burn decks don't play 5 CMC do-nothing cards.
yeah, red playing 2 lands a turn couldn't get out of hand at all...


With the M14 rules change, playing a land with her 0 will use a land drop, and you can't do it if you've already used all of your land drops.

Edit: Ninja'd



What rules change? This is already the case.

Oh wait, ninja'd. 
Oh god that +1 ability offends all my design sensibilities
Sign In to post comments