MTG: DOTP 2014 - ARCH ENEMY MODE

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
I appreciate the Sealed Mode, but it feels like it's just another Planechase. It's something new to duels, but not a lot of players are going to dip into it for obvious reasons such as, no 2HG (it would have at least gotten 2HG players into sealed mode), you have to pay for extra deck slots (i don't mind this, but i'm sure more than few will).

Arch Enemy allowed for 3 players VS AI or a human opponent, it was by far a better concept than sealed and planechase combined as you'd have the ego-finatics be the A.E against 3 of his opponents in hopes of conquerering and feeling mightier than his foes, but what was really enjoyable about this mode was the fact you could invite yet another friend to play along side you and defeat your opponent.

Single, 2HG, Arch Enemy is all current and future dotp games need, well future patches to fix bugs and minor tweaking doesn't hurt.

Anyways, i feel like all this was said for nothing, but perhaps if enough people agree with me they might add it back in within an expansion.

PS: Was DOTP 2012 just Single and 2HG then A.E came later? I can't remember, perhaps clarification?
Me and my friends miss AE mode too- we liked that all three of us could play, unlocking cards vs a single opponent- it was also awesome to get something close to the "emperor" variant me and my friends used to play- wish that was a possibility in the next expansion, eek! can you imagine clans in magic? thats not good...

I like sealed but i wish it could be played in 2HG mode vs others- that would be fun...
 and I'm pretty sure 2HG started in the first Dotp, Archenemy came in 2012, then planecahse came in 2013... if i go play them ill remember for sure lol...   
Me and my friends miss AE mode too- we liked that all three of us could play, unlocking cards vs a single opponent- it was also awesome to get something close to the "emperor" variant me and my friends used to play- wish that was a possibility in the next expansion, eek! can you imagine clans in magic? thats not good...

I like sealed but i wish it could be played in 2HG mode vs others- that would be fun...
 and I'm pretty sure 2HG started in the first Dotp, Archenemy came in 2012, then planecahse came in 2013... if i go play them ill remember for sure lol...   

Emperor would be AWESOME, 3 on 3. Battlefield size might be an issue though
Sorry but archnenemy was the worst game mode ever only coz ABSOLUTLY NONE played that mode, i never found any game as simple as that and sealed is awesome and gamers are playing it...

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Sorry but archnenemy was the worst game mode ever only coz ABSOLUTLY NONE played that mode, i never found any game as simple as that and sealed is awesome and gamers are playing it...

well given the fact that planechase died about as fast as it came into 2013, i think it's safe to say once players are fed up with terrible booster packs they opened up and the dry double decking that occurs in current 2HG, i'm pretty confident players will enjoy A.E.

in fact i have a poll started on another forum i go on and once i see a fair amount of numbers for all answers that were given i'll post the link for you all to see what people are really looking forward to playing via this game.

I still play Archenemy at least a couple of times a week and I know other people who do too. The fact that you don't like it doesn't mean no one else does. Please keep your delusions to yourself.

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

I still play Archenemy at least a couple of times a week and I know other people who do too. The fact that you don't like it doesn't mean no one else does. Please keep your delusions to yourself.

Is not that i don't like it, like i said it before none plays it and i never ever found any game for ps3.

Is not that i don't like it, like i said it before none plays it and i never ever found any game for ps3.

I never had problems finding games on Steam. *Shrugs.*

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

on the x360 lots of people played arch enemy in 2012. just saying there's a lot of people who will play it.

I don't know what you were doing wrong then. I played archenemy with friends and random people all the time on ps3. There were always several games to choose from even when it was only a.i. AE. Once the dlc let people play as AE there were at least 10 lobbys to join all the time.
 I still play about AE usually on fri/sat night with a friend and can even find random people for a game or two.
okay update on the poll from another site.

Arch Enemy: 40%
Single Player: 20%
FFA: 20%
2HG: 20%
Planechase: 0%
Sealed: 0%
I started Magic in 2013, what exactly is Archenemy? I hear ppl saying they loved it and ppl saying they hate it. Can anyone give a proper explanation of how AE played?

Also, the only reason sealed sucks is because Wizards limited the crap out of it to make money off of the slots. The no resets is bad enough, but the random cards in each pack, making black the clear cut winner is bad (LOL @ giving so many ppl 4 Murder  frequently), putting broken cards like Reanimate and useless cards like Bone Breaker Giant and Minotaur Abomination and the fact that you can only save 1 deck per slot makes this mode unplayable. Already it is difficult finding matches, and ppl quit after 2 losses.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
I started Magic in 2013, what exactly is Archenemy? I hear ppl saying they loved it and ppl saying they hate it. Can anyone give a proper explanation of how AE played?

Also, the only reason sealed sucks is because Wizards limited the crap out of it to make money off of the slots. The no resets is bad enough, but the random cards in each pack, making black the clear cut winner is bad (LOL @ giving so many ppl 4 Murder  frequently), putting broken cards like Reanimate and useless cards like Bone Breaker Giant and Minotaur Abomination and the fact that you can only save 1 deck per slot makes this mode unplayable. Already it is difficult finding matches, and ppl quit after 2 losses.

Archenemy is a 3 vs 1 mode, the guys who plays alone starts with 30 or 40 life points, he also have an aditional deck which is called archenemy deck that deck have cards like each opponent sacrifice a creature or each opponent discard 3 cards, you play with one archenemy card at your upkeep...

I would love if they brought back Archenemy mode. I got two other friends I play with and it is the only mode we can play with three really since free for all kinda sucks with someone having to pick on someone else. 

yeah thats what im saying as well ...im all for a Game mode that changes up the gameplay ya know PlanesChase wasnt THAT bad because you had to focus more on how to defend yourself from both the card in the middle and the other players utilizing it ..Archenemy to be honest -_- have no clue since i joined in 2013, but im sure it would be better then Sealed from the sounds of it...im bored of sealed its repetitive and no room for growth after your ninth booster pack...coulda been better if the sealed pool was a tad bigger with better cards..and maybe 2hg and free for all capabilities..:P
I tried to double deck earlier in this games life but it said that I couldn't.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

I would like a Horde Mode.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Sealed >>> Planeschase > Archenemy in my opinion. Sealed is just so fun to build your own deck and is something completely different than the usual 10+ decks, whilst planeschase also offered some different gameplay taht any amount of people could play and as for archenemy you needed to find 3 or so other players unless you added in AI.

Eye kneed teh speelchequer bach!

Planechase sucked.  I thought Archenemy was the funnest part of 2012 and I'm really disappointed it wasn't included in either '13 or '14, considering they probably could've copy/pasted it in without much trouble.
Archenemy is the most fun game mode they've made to date. It's a shame that dotp2012 had all those syncing issues when you had 3-4 human players in the same room, or else I think a lot more people would have played it. Either way, it had a lot longer run that Planechase. Planechase is just horrible.
I think Sealed mode will last the longest and maybe even stay alive till the end with many more players than the others, maybe even become a staple that is in all duels games from now on with something else as the extra just because it's something different and offers something else to play other than the core decks.

Eye kneed teh speelchequer bach!

I think Sealed mode will last the longest and maybe even stay alive till the end with many more players than the others, maybe even become a staple that is in all duels games from now on with something else as the extra just because it's something different and offers something else to play other than the core decks.

no way is Sealed mode going to last. With only 1v1 and seeing how the random cards allows an overwhelming amount of luck to some, I can see players getting frustrated they lose simply because their pool sucked. The only way to get better is by spending money, and you know players will get tired of that quick.

That being said, I hope sealed is a staple in the series as well, but that they at least allow us to save multiple decks for each slot. Still, I feel that they will get rid of it and put in  something dumb.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
sealed mode is dead now that people hacked it. unless they come up with a fix.
For those who wish to vote on their favorite game mode goto this site. I linked the url to the poll itself.

forcesofphyrexia.weebly.com/2nd-sphere--...
sealed mode is dead now that people hacked it. unless they come up with a fix.

not on ps3, although I did play against someone who had 4 Godlike pools
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Arch Enemy is hands down the best. It was a lot of fun to team up with a bunch of people to take down one powerful Arch Enemy.

Planechase was alright, but there was too much chaos for my liking.

Sealed so far for me has been a major disappointment. I can't even finish the campaign because my two sealed slots have such bad cards. Honestly, I feel like they intended this so we would spend more money. Why should I pay extra just to enjoy the mode? Let's not forget buying a few extra spots doesn't guarantee anything either.