Sealed Play really underwhelming?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey guys,

Now, I've played the DoTP games since 2012 and had a blast, and was excited for the new Sealed Play mode that was coming in. But now after finally getting to play it? It's just... meh. Really, really, meh.

You only get two slots, that's it. You can't reset them, you're stuck with those cards, unless you wanna pay money and hope you don't get screwed again. Then it's literally just... versing AI on a mini-campaign and you're done. That's it. You can play against other people's decks, but only one person in a 1v1, what the hell? I was expecting sealed play to be you and, I dunno, four or five other guys, getting new cards and making a deck with a tournament! You know, something fun! Then being able to throw it all away and open new boosters to try again!

How is this ANY more fun than Planeschase or Archenemy? They were fun as all get out! I played planeschase multiplayer with my friends all the time! Now I can't even play Sealed Play with my friends. And, for that matter, why can't we have archenemy and Planeschase here as well? Is it really just because then people maybe won't buy the older years then? Who even buys older years anyway? You don't buy Fifa 2010...

Seriously unimpressed, what a boring addition. Can't play with friends. Stuck with two decks that will never change. No tournaments. That is so underwhelming. 
Commander looks like it could have been fun!
I would not recommend this game to my friends, would rather recommend one of the earlier ones.

Hey, maybe that's the plan! 
What are you talking about?
Sealed is hella awesome.
Btw does anyone know how to set off the KI option online? Damn can't seem to find it sigh...
It's the most fun I've ever had in DoTP. Games last for a decent amount of time and the counters / counter-counters really come out of nowhere. It's so much more fun than the aggro- W/B/U fest that is the default decks. 

The only underwhelming feature is the lack of opponents. It's not uncommon to search for a sealed game and find nothing
It might be ok against other players, but I wouldn't know since I got total crap and can't get past the AI opponents and their mono constructed decks to get my otehr boosters.
It might be ok against other players, but I wouldn't know since I got total crap and can't get past the AI opponents and their mono constructed decks to get my otehr boosters.

just play on mage difficulty

Here's my only problem with sealed. They went with the normal rarity of cards  without considering balancing issues. Every online match I play is B/?, and at least half of those are B/W. I play U/B most of the time, and the reason for my playing black, 3 murder, 3 assassinate, 2 giant scorpions and some decent fliers.

Here's the issue most of the good removal is black and is common, assassinate which is usually marginal gets upgraded to murder status, in B/W with the tapper. they need to fix the parity issue, no one wants to play against the same deck all the time. 

For real guys?
You liked this more than playing a 4-player planeschase with your friends?
Maybe I'm biased because I only really play this game with my mates.

I still don't see why we couldn't have all three in here as well, that just annoys me greatly. 
For real guys?
You liked this more than playing a 4-player planeschase with your friends?
Maybe I'm biased because I only really play this game with my mates.

I still don't see why we couldn't have all three in here as well, that just annoys me greatly. 

Sealed is pretty much all I play. Although planechase was fun (wasnt a fan of archenemy), id rather have sealed over it. It would be pretty sweet to have a tournament mode, but it is dotp after all. 
I'd be a lot happier with sealed if they at least let you reset your card pool. I drew no good reds in either of my slots. Welp, guess I'll never be able to use a red deck then, hey?