Cinder Pyromancer & Intruder Alarm

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am hoping someone can help me understand what would happen in the following scenario where I have [c]Cinder Pyromance[/C] and [C]Intruder Alarm[/C] in play, and a second Pyromancer in my hand. First I tap my Pyromancer to do one point of damage, and then I cast the second Pyromancer from my hand.

Since the 2nd Pyromancer is both a red spell and a creature, would I be allowed to untap the existing Pyromancer in play (say on the basis of my having cast a red spell), and then tap the Pyromancer again to do a 2nd point of damange before the Intruder Alarm triggers, and then untap the Pyromancer again (say on basis of Intruder Alarm triggering) and do a 3rd point of damage?
Yes, that works. You can tap the Pyromancer for its ability, cast the second Pyromancer, let it untap from its trigger, tap it for its ability again, then untap it again when the Alarm trigger resolves after the second Pyromancer enters the battlefield, for a total of three damage.

Wizards.Com Boards Net Rep

DCI Level 2 Judge

Questions don't have to make sense, but answers do.

don't know

would depend on on whether the timred trigger condition has be put on the stack before the stack begans to resolve
NO WAR

DOD replaces human label with terrorist Blood-Chin Fanatic

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

LXD (animation battle) - The Good,The Bad & The RA

When you cast the second Pyromancer, it will trigger your first one and untap it. After this trigger resolves, you can activate your first Pyromancer for another point of damage before your spell actually resolves, Cinder #2 enters the battlefield, and triggers Intruder Alarm.

So yes, it works. Just remember that casting the spell will trigger your Pyromancer first, before Intruder Alarm even becomes relevant.

Sean Stackhouse Level Two Judge (Yay!) Maine

which leaves my querry of simultaneous trigger hanging
NO WAR

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

They don't trigger at the same time to begin with. Cinder Pyromancer #2 is cast and put onto the stack. Intruder Alarm doesn't trigger until the spell resolves and the creature actually enters the battlefield. And before the 2nd Pyromancer can resolve, we have the first Pyromancer's triggered ability to resolve.

Sean Stackhouse Level Two Judge (Yay!) Maine

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies. Magic was quite a bit different when I played back in 1994-1995...I'm slowly catching back on!
They don't trigger at the same time to begin with. Cinder Pyromancer #2 is cast and put onto the stack. Intruder Alarm doesn't trigger until the spell resolves and the creature actually enters the battlefield. And before the 2nd Pyromancer can resolve, we have the first Pyromancer's triggered ability to resolve.

I understand

but if the situation came up , how would simultanous trigger times be haddled
NO WAR

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

they get put onto the stack in APNAP order
each player puts his triggers on the stack in any order
proud member of the 2011 community team
thanks
NO WAR