I have a question abouts MARKS and how they work...

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I am trying to play a battlemind ( defender ) and I need to know,  if I paragon multicass fighter, if it's able to still activate the mind spike power when useing a fighter mark and vice versa. 

Both powers say that the target needs to be marked and hitting an ally with a power that does not include you, both powers also have different triggers and come from different power trees (  psionic and martial ). Been playing strikers for the last three year would like yo know this for future reference.

Also can psionic get encounter powers when they paragon mulitclass or take multiclass feats???
Yes, Marked is Marked (though it should be noted that Paladins and Swordmages Marks both do special things in addition to being Marks).

Although PMCing is a terrible idea and doing it will severely gimp your character, so the answer is kind of irrelevant unless you want a very weak PC.

At 11th you'd get one encounter attack power from Fighter of 7th level or lower. You take the PHB3 feat, can't remember the name, instead of the normal encounter power swap feat.
A mark is a mark is a mark.  Mind Spike just lets you react to a marked target that doesn't include you in an attack.  However you get it marked doesn't matter.

You can power-swap psionic at-wills for encounter powers.  The Psionic Conventionalist multiclass feat works exactly like the Novice Power feat for other classes.  In addition to swapping the powers, you will lose a number of augment points based on the level of the psionic power you traded away.

Paragon multiclassing isn't affected - you just get the encounter powers you choose (just as battleminds with regular PPs get encounter powers from those)
I see that con mod melee training doesn't work with these attacks ( only basic attacks ) is there a feat that would base it off con or my main stat.

The weapon I'm using is a hammer, Also thinks for the input my DM is super lazy and said no because it's DM discretion.
I see that con mod melee training doesn't work with these attacks ( only basic attacks ) is there a feat that would base it off con or my main stat.

The weapon I'm using is a hammer, Also thinks for the input my DM is super lazy and said no because it's DM discretion.

No, which is yet another reason PMCing is a terrible idea. You are actively making your character worse. Not sure if that is coming across.
Meh, I've been told before that I was making a terrible character and only the opposite was true. So you are entitled to any opinions you have.
When you say the oppisite of terrible do you mean fun to play or do you mean more effective at compleating mechanically defined combat and skill challenge bassed objectives?

Most paragon multiclass builds are going to do less damage or be less acurate or have lowwer HP or defenses or have fewer control/buff+healing/defending resources then a character that is not paragon multiclass.

Now, I do have a character that I will paragon multiclass. But I know and accept that he is not optimized or the best, just what I felt like playing.  
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
Meh, I've been told before that I was making a terrible character and only the opposite was true. So you are entitled to any opinions you have.

Math is, thankfully, not an opinion. I am saying your character will, objectively, be below the power curve 4e expects unless you're cheating. Not an opinion.

I'd encourage you to post your builds on CharOp.

PMC being terrible isn't an opinion.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Mia (and to an even greater extent Steffan) would beg to differ.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
Mia (and to an even greater extent Steffan) would beg to differ.

Mia was built by one of the most knowledagable people in CharOp. He didn't need to ask basic questions. Not equivalent scenarios.