[Game] YMTC Dixit

171 posts / 0 new
Last post
Okay, ChaosLight rejected the idea, so I'm going ahead to run the test-run of YMTC Dixit. If you are familiar with the boardgame, it's going to be similar to that. If you aren't, go and buy Dixit, do it now, I'll wait. You've done it, good, we can begin:

Rules: At the beginning of the round, one player will be chosen as the storyteller. That player will then PM me a card design. They will then post a criterion to this thread which could have been used to design their own submission. Each other player will then send me a card design matching the posted criterion. I will then post all card designs in a random order, upon which each player except the first will be able to cast two votes on which card they think is the original. Players will score points based on guessing correctly and on having their own card be chosen by another. The original player will score points as long as their card was chosen by some peoplme, but not by everyone. Sound clear enough? When everyone's had a turn at being the storyteller, I'll tot up the points and declare a winner.

Signups below, first 12 go in. If I don't have 12 by the end of the weekend I'll start it as long as I've got more than 4.
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Haven't heard of it. I'll play.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I didn't reject it, I just have no made my poll yet
Dixit is fun, but why don't you just have the "guesses" be submitted in the thread instead of PM?  In my experience, contests with too much PM going on means the thread isn't always very active/fun.
I'll try.
Sounds fun. 
Dixit is fun, but why don't you just have the "guesses" be submitted in the thread instead of PM?  In my experience, contests with too much PM going on means the thread isn't always very active/fun.

I'm not sure where you read that the guesses are sent in PM's, but it ensures that I can't use what other people have voted for as jumping point to what I won't vote for.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Ill join :D

The biggest Vorthos Ever I'd rather have an awesome mechanic than the most flavor any day. Constantly coming up with cards all the time. So if you see a card you like tell me. Constantly trying to get into card of the week if you see a card you like please nominate.

I was planning on having the guesses be in the thread. As Mown has pointed out, this does allow other people to use them and the game itself uses hidden voting, but I'd rather keep the PMing as low as I can. I'll just ask for people to use spoiler tags and do voting on honour of not peeking.
Ego
144902215 wrote:
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
In.
I'm in as well.
Photobucket Banner by zpikduM - typo also by zpikduM. =) Skide Fuld - Problem of Evil by frontsession Currently playing Standard: TurboJund Legacy: Zoo Block: Hahaha, good one! 1000th post on August 28, 2009 at 6:08PM
I was planning on having the guesses be in the thread. As Mown has pointed out, this does allow other people to use them and the game itself uses hidden voting, but I'd rather keep the PMing as low as I can. I'll just ask for people to use spoiler tags and do voting on honour of not peeking.

A while ago, there was YMtC Clue about who killed Elegance, and they did a similar spoiler tag thing.
In! Sounds a bit like Balderdash except stories are used instead of word definitions.
I swear it never work coz' i open all spoiler tags

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
in.

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
In there like swim wear.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I'm in, if that wasn't clear.
Do we actually tell a small story, or we just make a card and criteria?

Either way, sounds interesting.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14, reinstated (reactivated?) on 9-24-14 (been seeing more FNM, prerelease, and release events as of late)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

Khans of Tarkir Clan Quiz
After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Oh, and I'm in.

Yxoque wrote:

@Edacade: As long as it's something people can use to make cards it's fine. Be as abstract as you like, or not.

1 more contestant needed and I'll start! If you haven't directly said you're joining I'm not counting it.

So far I have:
magicpablo666
JadeCryptWish
ninetailedfox
vlord
AlienFinger79
Shockwave07
Dudibus
Dr. Demento
tyranno6
Edacade
Mown 
Ego
144902215 wrote:
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
Contest Winners
Last one IN.

Level 1 Judge

Okay, we have 12 players. Time to begin Round 1. Mown, you've shown familiarity with the game, so you're our first storyteller - PM me a card then post your criteria. Everyone else, wait until Mown posts then PM me your card for the given criteria. Round starts now!
Ego
144902215 wrote:
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
Contest Winners
Well then.
I haven't finished a card yet, but I see no reason to delay the criteria. So with that:

Create a card that breaks something.

Unless you somehow want to decide if the card I will submit is deemed appropriate, but I don't think that should be necessary?

Yxoque wrote:

No, the criteria is utterly up to you, it can be anything you can imagine and relate as little to the card you made as possible. Of course, if it doesn't match the card no one will guess it and you won't get any points, but that's a risk you have to take.

Everyone remember to PM me the cards rather than post them in the thread, thanks. 
Ego
144902215 wrote:
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
Contest Winners
Oh, weren't we doing the sblock thing?
Sblock for voting, PM me the cards.
Ego
144902215 wrote:
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
Contest Winners
Oh yeah, obviously.  
Should we post here once we PM'ed our entries or just wait for you to say when you have them all in?
Too bad Shatter is a card. Probably too obvious an answer to "breaks something" too.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14, reinstated (reactivated?) on 9-24-14 (been seeing more FNM, prerelease, and release events as of late)

After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

I am Black/Green

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Too bad Shatter is a card. Probably too obvious an answer to "breaks something" too.

Well, going the obvious route is good if people are voting for the obvious card

Yxoque wrote:

Well, going the obvious route is good if people are voting for the obvious card

Good for you, perhaps, and assuming we all go the obvious route and you did as well. Harder to discern which card is the storyteller's card. But it also means if somebody doesn't make an obvious card, their card might be singled out as the storyteller's card. And if I've understood the concept correctly, the following points are both true:

The storyteller does NOT want everybody to guess his/her card.
Everybody else WANTS their card to be picked as the storyteller's card.

So it sounds to me like the storyteller's goal is to try to guess what everybody else is going to submit as their card(s) to use as their card, while everybody else should (though not necessarily will) try to submit something that the storyteller wouldn't expect to be the mainfocus. But then again, I have never heard of Dixit so...

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Applying game theory to Dixit gives us these rules for maximising point score:

• The story teller wants exactly one person to guess his or her card. 

• Each other player wants to guess only the storytellers card.

• Each other player wants as many people as possible to guess their card.

Everything else is mindgames and depends on what players are doing.
I have 4 submissions and need 8 more. I'll be lenient given that it's the weekend, but I'm putting a soft deadline of 10:00pm Monday GMT on the submissions. 
Ego
144902215 wrote:
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
Contest Winners
Still need 4 more submissions. I'll give you until tomorrow.
Ego
144902215 wrote:
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
Contest Winners
did you get my card?

The biggest Vorthos Ever I'd rather have an awesome mechanic than the most flavor any day. Constantly coming up with cards all the time. So if you see a card you like tell me. Constantly trying to get into card of the week if you see a card you like please nominate.

Still need 4 more submissions. I'll give you until tomorrow.

I'm working on it.
tyranno6 and vlord, I'm afraid that you're too late to submit an entry for this round. You may still participate in the voting. If you don't, then I will consider you to have dropped out unless you inform me otherwise.

Here are the submissions for this round:

Cryojectiles 
Instant
As an additional cost to casting this spell sacrifice a creature.
Deal X damage divided among your choice of up to X target creatures where X is the sacrificed creatures power.
That smile wasn't frozed on his face for long. 

Junk Peddler 
Creature - Goblin Citizen
When Junk Peddler enters the battlefield, create 100 colorless artifact tokens.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice 10 artifacts at random.
1/1 
"You buy it, you break it." 

Rumbling Catastrophe 
Creature-Elemental
Double Strike, Trample
As long as ~ is attacking, tapped creatures defending player controls may block as though they were untapped.
7/3 
"I was shaken from my bed by the rumbling and forced to defend my home from the catastrophe." ~Gartun, survivor of Keep Innutrel

Break the Limits 
Instant
Artifact creatures gain +2/+2 until end of turn. Each player sacrifices each creature affected this way at the beginning of the next end phase.
"It just died on me, boss. There was nothing I could do."

Plasma Chaos 
Sorcery
When you cast ~, If you cast it from your hand, exile it, make X copies of it, then cast those copies without paing their mana costs if able.
~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player chosen at random.  

In Case of Emergency 
Artifact
, sacrifice In Case of Emergency: Destroy target artifact.
...break glass. 

Paradoxal Gateway 
Instant
Exile target creature until a player casts a spell named ~.
Shuffle ~ into its owner's library.
The most dangerous of things to carry to the streams of Iquanata are expectations. 

Alchemist's Resurgence 
Sorcery
Each player, starting with you, casts any instant or sorcery from any graveyard without paying its manacost. Repeat this process until there are no more instants or sorceries in any graveyard.

Broken Bones 
Instant
Each player draws 1 card, then loses 1 life.
Any player may copy this for any amount of times. 
I had mercy, until you did it again. 

Aggresive Expansion 
Enchantment
You may play a land anytime you could cast an instant.
You may up to one land on each of your opponent's turns. 
Whenever aland enters the battlefield under your control, draw a card. 

Now it's time for the voting. For those of you unfamiliar with the game, you have two votes to cast each (to vote just put the names of the cards you are voting for in sblocks). If one of your votes finds Mowns card you get 3 points. If someone votes for your card you get 1 point (to a max of 3 each round). If you are really confident you may cast only one vote, netting you 4 points if you find Mowns card. Mown, as the storyteller, cannot vote, and will receive 3 points if his card is guessed by at least one person. If no one gets his card, or if every one of you guesses correctly, he receives no points! You have until 10.00pm Thursday (GMT). 
Ego
144902215 wrote:
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
Contest Winners
My votes:
Show
Junk Peddler and Broken Bones
My Votes
Paradoxal Gateway
Aggresive Expansion

Level 1 Judge

Show
broken bones and junk peddler

My votes:
Show
Junk Peddler and Broken Bones

Show
broken bones and junk peddler

SOmething seems a bit like cheating

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Show
how? they both look like cards mown would make...

Show
Junk Peddler and Plasma Chaos
Sign In to post comments