Magic Arcana / Card of the Day / Daily Deck for July, 2013

167 posts / 0 new
Last post

deworde2510 wrote:

@Commander Jim and others: Ah, now I get it, thanks. 3 simultaneous corrections. That's me told. :-X

"Words of power never disappear. They sleep, awaiting those with the will to rouse them."

Senyuno wrote:

I just wish I could figure out why it was named Vindicate. It's certainly a cool word, but...

"Words of power never disappear. They sleep, awaiting those with the will to rouse them."

deworde2510 wrote:

House Markov motto: Not a damn is given this day.

Seriously, I just love that expression; "I don't care, and now you don't exist."

Tiara wrote:

Jamas wrote:
The new Vindicate flavour text really doesn't match the name of the card.

Also, this is a pet peeve of mine, but it's really irritating to see Vindicate called an Orzhov card. The original existed long before the guild existed, and the new one has no reference to the guild.

Because it's a card in Orzhov's colours and it's an easy shorthand term.

Jamas wrote:

Tiara wrote:
Jamas wrote:
The new Vindicate flavour text really doesn't match the name of the card.

Also, this is a pet peeve of mine, but it's really irritating to see Vindicate called an Orzhov card. The original existed long before the guild existed, and the new one has no reference to the guild.

Because it's a card in Orzhov's colours and it's an easy shorthand term.

Oh yes, I'm aware. Like the 'Jund' and whatnot decks running around standard these days when Alara itself is nowhere to be seen. It's just a pet peeve.

Qmark wrote:

Jakusotsu wrote:
Qmark wrote:
It's just Elephant Guide in reverse, at extra-bloated manacosts.

Ever tried casting Elephant Guide as a creature?
The "extra-bloated manacost" is a kicker to turn a creature card into Elephant Guide. More options, more mana.
Keep that statement in mind when the actually playable one emerges, as an $80 mythic rare.

Sign In to post comments