[M14-ICD] Xathrid Necromancer

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
Xathrid Necromancer
Creature - Human Wizard (R)

Whenever Xathrid Necromancer or another Human creature you control dies, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped.

2/2 
This card seems like something they wanted to print in Innistrad but couldn't make room for.
This could be a card you would want in your Shadowborn Apostle deck.
http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20802.jpg
Oh wow, this might do something.
This could be a card you would want in your Shadowborn Apostle deck.

Definitely. Drop this turn four with six apostles in play, sac the apostles, get a huge demon of your choice based onthe deck your facing, and put 6 2/2 zombies into play. Difficult to keep all of them alive until T4, but worth it.
NO WAR

DOD replaces human label with terrorist Blood-Chin Fanatic

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

LXD (animation battle) - The Good,The Bad & The RA

Sam Black approves of this card.

And so do I.
56735468 wrote:
Residual energetic and psychic emenations from the spark of planewalkers going in and out of the blind eternities like it was a windmill eventually coalesced into beings named eldrazi who by their very nature could not consume mundane sources of nourishment to sustain their existence.
IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/mewZg7N.png)
Rotlung Reanimator

Seriously! That's awesome to see. I bet this guy will see some play.
Puresteel players unite! [Archetype] PURESTEEL
his days are over unless I'm really bored
NO WAR

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

Very easy to see play.

At worst, a simple 2/2 that has a high chance of giving you a tapped 2/2.

At best, combos will roll around him constantly, and may even see a small time together with a certain priest.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
NO WAR

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

OK, I'm totally building a Shadowborn Apostle deck for standard now.
My novel, Mektar, Clash of Ideals, is now available for purchase! Just click this text. I have +30 bragging rights according to HairlessThoctar. Just saying.
Interesting that they're putting Human tribal into the core set. And here I thought that was going to be a one-off Innistrad thing.

Perhaps we'll be seeing some in Theros.
humans are everywhere but that has no baring on the environment -
NO WAR

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

Sweet black gets its own, voice of resurgence, except its a more controlable effect and the tokens it makes are only 2/2s.
Sweet black gets its own, voice of resurgence, except its a more controlable effect and the tokens it makes are only 2/2s.

Nowhere near the power level of Voice. My question is this, why not reprint the clerics of the onslaught block instead creating these new cards? B/W clerics was one of the first decks I played in a big tournament, the deck has some nostalgic value. Rotlung Reanimator, Dark Supplicant and Scion of Darkness are perfectly fine cards.

Oi, wizards, are you going to reprint Carrion Feeder, Shepherd of Rot and Undead Warchief too?
This could see some constructed play.  
Good card.  Replaces itself if it dies, and replaces other humans if they die first or at the same time.  Not too shabby.
This is approximately "****ing good".
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
Man, if only Conspiracy weren't five mana...
NO WAR

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

This in a deck with Bridge From Below and something to sac things to for an effect?

Although...

This guy doesn't have the "non-token" clause. 
from the picture I would have guessed Skeletons (which would make a great tribal...), good card !

Nowhere near the power level of Voice. My question is this, why not reprint the clerics of the onslaught block instead creating these new cards? B/W clerics was one of the first decks I played in a big tournament, the deck has some nostalgic value. Rotlung Reanimator, Dark Supplicant and Scion of Darkness are perfectly fine cards.

Oi, wizards, are you going to reprint Carrion Feeder, Shepherd of Rot and Undead Warchief too?

Probably because Rotlung Reanimator doesn't say "you control".

Also: there are zombie clerics out there, and it's kind of weird to see those being revived as zombies when they die.  This card has no such flavour disconnect. 

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

This is pretty good. Ill have to see what i have to make a proper deck with it.

An Immortal Army deck.

Probably because Rotlung Reanimator doesn't say "you control".

Also: there are zombie clerics out there, and it's kind of weird to see those being revived as zombies when they die.  This card has no such flavour disconnect. 

Rotlung also doesn't say "comes into play tapped". So, wizards gave us a substandard reprint of a once great card. Yay...
a turn behind is just that

the created token's got summing sickness
so there's a slight defensive loss

enters play tapped is mostly flavor

the zombie rising from the grave
-1/4 takes an extra 1/2 phase to activate
NO WAR

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

They'd better reprint Pillar of Flame then! I sure as hell don't want to be stuffing my sideboard with the 3cmc version.

L1 Judge

graveyard play is fun though
NO WAR

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

So, does this mean Human tribal will become a thing after Innistrad? Also, this has potential with Teysa, Orzhov Scion and Ghost Council of Orzhova. This should also see some play with Shadowborn Apostle and Liliana's Reaver.

Ooh that art.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Sign In to post comments