Stacking question

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
My friend played Zealous Conscripts. He took control of my Heedless one that is currently on the field. In response, I played Wirewood Symbiote and returned Heedless One back to my hand. Does that nullify Zealous Conscripts effect? Or is that an illegal play by me? 
autocard is your friend

Zealous Conscripts
Heedless One
Wirewood Symbiote

Was Symbiote already on the field?
"I played Wireless Symbiote" seems to sound like this happened on your next turn yet you say "in response"

If you activate Symbiote's ability in response to Conscript's trigger, then that's legal, but Symbiote would have to be on the field prior to the trigger resolving.

If you play Symbiote next turn after he already stole it, you can't return Heedless One with Symbiote because you don't control it.

If you activate Symbiote in response to the Conscripts spell bouncing your Heedless One, then he can steal a different permanent with the trigger.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.

sorry didnt know how.. just read the other post someone replied to me on lol
If the scenario is ;
My opponent cast the conscripts , and choose my headless to be a target for it's ETB ability. I response with activate the symbiot - return my headless to my hand as a cost. After the symbiot's ability resolves (untap target creature ,the another one) .The conscript's ETB ability will be countered for no legal target , right?

Please autocard , check it on [read this first] - creating a rules thread.

And use lower case c to autocard.

If the scenario is ;
My opponent cast the conscripts , and choose my headless to be a target for it's ETB ability. I response with activate the symbiot - return my headless to my hand as a cost. After the symbiot's ability resolves (untap target creature ,the another one) .The conscript's ETB ability will be countered for no legal target , right?

Correct.  Targets are checked when the ability goes on the stack and again when it resolves.  If the target is illegal when the ability would resolve, instead it is countered (it "fizzles")