Mad Libs is a zanny contest series that aims to make contestants design cards while standing on their heads. It probably isn't the best formula for testing your design skill sets, but the skills it does test make me smile a thousand times wider.
- Anyone may join this contest. Don't be fooled by the round number—that just refers to how many times I've run this one-shot contest.
- I will post a list of word types for you to provide individual answers for. If you are at all familiar with the popular Mad Libs games, you'll understand why. If you have no idea what those are... read on. You have until Monday night, July 1st to submit your answers.
- On Tuesday, July 2nd, I will post the round's criteria with words missing in the sentences. Each of the words you chose will be filled into their corresponding spaces within the criteria.
Example: Suppose I make you choose a "color" and a "verb." You choose "red" and "walk." Then, I post a criteria like the following:Make a "color" card that represents something that can "verb". You'd fill in your chosen words into the "underlined" blanks. Get it? Good.
- After figuring out what your individual criteria is, make a card based on it. You'll have until Friday night, July 5th to submit your entry.
- Grading is based on the following rubric. Each submission starts with 3 points in each category, then gets points added or subtracted accordingly. Thus, 4 is the lowest score, 12 is the average score, and 20 is the higest score:
Bravery - 5 (Simple answers will give you an easier task overall, but a smaller chance at points on this scale.)
Application - 5 (How well did you adapt to the constraints of your personal criteria?)
Innovation - 5 (Criteria aside, is the card intriguing?)
Delivery - 5 (All the wording, balance, flavor mumbo jumbo is graded here. Depending on the card, certain things will appear more important than others on this scale.)
MAD LIBS 10 - FILL IN THE BLANKS
"Article of clothing"
"Way to get from here to there" (From walking to traveling on a beam of light... as long as it gets you moving)
You crack a pack of the latest set and your eyes almost pop out of your head: what an amazing card! You've always had trouble defeating "MAGIC guild" decks, and this card is perfect against them. Getting/doing one of something is fun, but this card let's you get/do that something "Number" times! And the theme is so interesting. Never did you think they'd print a card depicting something traveling via "Way to get from here to there" in its flavor text. And how they came up with the name "Adjective" "Article of clothing" for it baffles you, but you like it. Full playset, please!
Good luck! Please remember to quote your word choices to make my job easier.
Previous Mad Libs
- [thread=912341]Round Winner[/thread] - Glare_of_the_Loxodon
- [thread=917336]Round Winner[/thread] - squinty_eyes
- [thread=922314]Round Winner[/thread] - Arathinius
- [thread=926199]Round Winner[/thread] - bobby2055
- [thread=934437]Round Winner[/thread] - silaws & Timmy Turner
- [thread=949156]Round Winner[/thread] - Ephemeron & Riovard
- [thread=955421]Round Winner[/thread] - Q_is_564453
- [thread=959714]Round Winner[/thread] - Reag
- [thread=1185410]Round Winner[/thread] - Reag & Mono789